Great news everyone!
JT2 is making a comeback, and just in time for the new year!
After taking a much needed hiatus from Minetest, I'm excited to be back. I've got some big plans for the Just Test Tribute server in 2020.
I know I promised a litany of new features last December, but several of those ideas fell through the cracks. That's what happens when Nemo overextends herself! I did end up fixing a number of outstanding bugs, however, including the broken minecarts. Here's a quick run-down of what's in store in the coming months:
- rare ores (fine gravel, rubies, emeralds, etc.)
- metal and chain-link fences
- colored stone bricks
- landmines and flash bombs
- voting booths and information kiosks
- communicable diseases
- red and brown mushrooms (with magical health and breath properties)
- seasonal game mechanics (such as frostbite, heat stroke, crop damage, etc.)
- pogo sticks, push scooters, and rollerskates
- GPS navigation guide
- Teleport pad access controls
- HUD-based light crystal (shows how visible you are to enemies and monsters)
- city block interface (allows for fine-grain control over water, lava, and PVP).
- skinnable dirt-stains (washes off in the rain or submerged in the water)
One of my plans for this year is to modify confetti and balloons so they can be tossed in the air, adding to the festive atmosphere. To avoid littering other people's builds, this feature will only be available at Castle Nemo. The confetti will wash away and the balloons will float away if the wind speed picks up.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again very soon!
Remember: JT2 isn't just a server, it's a way of life. And we're like one big family :)