[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (Minetest S3 Engine)

by Master_CJ » Post

Nemo,

The stats are really cool! Personally I'm into stats a lot so itd be really cool to see more of these types of leaderboards in the future being implemented in the game :)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

By request, a new chat command has been added. Simply enter '/days' followed by the in-game day count to convert to the standard date format of "Day, Month, Year". By default, it will show the current in-game day count.

On a separate note, I fixed a bug with the diagnostic screen (available via the /d chat command) so scrolling is much less hacky. It's now possible to review all lines using the up and down arrow keys.

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Been a loooong time since I've been here. Logged in to the forum fine. Can't get into MustTest. Can't remember name of SK's server. If found, I won't bother logging in as me.

Btw, Hi folks. Loooong time no see. Hope y'all doing fine.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

843jdc wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 03:04
Been a loooong time since I've been here. Logged in to the forum fine. Can't get into MustTest. Can't remember name of SK's server. If found, I won't bother logging in as me.

Yeah! 843 is back! Long time, hope all is well man!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

843jdc wrote:

ha, hello fellow forum ghost.
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Chromium refuses to connect to your website ("NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID").
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

843jdc wrote:
I'm really glad to see you around these parts again 843! I hope life has been treating you well through all the world chaos this past year. If you need any help logging in to the server, drop me a line.

Hi there maike. I see you! :)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Last month I refactored the Snowdrift II mod. After 4 years of ongoing development, it is no longer a WIP. This is a huge milestone, of course. Back when I started development of the weather simulator in 2017, it was very experimental and there was no timeframe for completion. However, it's been stable for the past few years.

Of course, I'll continue to make improvements as needed. But now that the API is finalized, it will be much easier to implement weather-related phenomenon game-wide, such as in the Farming mod, the Snowfall mod, etc.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I recently changed the dimensions of the formspecs for Tall, Wide, and Large format signs.

Since I disabled the auto-scaling of signs last year, I'd noticed that text was often still being cropped. So by enlarging them slightly, hopefully the problem will be fixed once and for all.

jumali

by jumali » Post

A quick question:
Will the other server come back online?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I spent the past few weeks completely rewriting the 3D_Armor, Teleport Request, and Wardrobe mods. There were no functional changes, but I was able to cull a massive amount of redundant and unused code. For example, the Wardrobe mod is now just 75 lines, compared to 260 lines. I also used this opportunity to improve integration with the Skins mod and to overhaul the 3D_Armor API.

If you come across any bugs, please lmk. I did extensive testing to ensure full compatibility.

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

You've been busy on that server.
I will have to install an older MT client to play here soon.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a quick heads up everyone! The JT2 server and homepage are offline atm due to a router failure at my hosting provider. They are already working on the issue, so I don't have an ETA. But hopefully later tonight, services will be restored.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

My apologies for the extended downtime. The server has been up and running the entire past week, but apparently the network cable to the router was faulty. So my hosting provider reconnected the machine, and everything is back online again.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I am performing a full server backup to the cloud today and tomorrow, so this may result in periods of extreme lag. I had actually planned to start this process last Thursday, but I got tied up while troubleshooting a bug during player logins, so I didn't have time to finish working on the backup scripts.

I've already been doing piecemeal backups of key directories. But, after the networking downtime two weeks ago, I came to realize a full-scale backup of the entire filesystem is long overdue as a precautionary measure.

I'll probably make the backup scripts available on GitHub this weekend for anyone that finds them useful. They're designed to greatly simplify the process of archiving and uploading large amounts of data to any cloud-storage service via rclone. The goal is to make backups as effortless and painless as possible, particularly when free hard drive space is limited.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I've updated the node and item statistics at spawn. Sorry for not getting around to it last month. As it turns out, not much has changed since February. At some point I will try to set this up as a cronjob so the updates can be fully automated.

As before, the stats are divided into 6 categories, displayed on different signs:
  • Top 10 Players with Protectors
  • Top 10 Players with Expired Bones
  • Top 8 Items Contained in Chests
  • Top 8 Items Contained in Locked Chests
  • Top 8 Items Contained in Bones
  • Top 8 items Contained in Mailboxes
Incidentally, it looks like nobody has yet found Reidling105's bones from January 6, 2017, which are officially the oldest diggable player bones on the server.

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

stupid question, i know

but is "walker" a active player or one thet just arairvd once and then show up never again

in short ... is the playername "Walker" available for me ?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Generally speaking, I don't release player accounts. But since the last login of "walker" was September 2016, I can make an exception. After server restart tonight, you should be able to register as a new player.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I think I may have forgotten to mention it back in February, but mob spawners are functional again. I also reworked the general spawning of mobs, so they don't overpopulate any single area, as was often the case with reindeer.

Thanks to talamh and others for bringing this problem to my attention and for helping me test the improved spawning algorithm.

In other belated news, I added a /days chat command, by request of Wuzzy. for easily converting between in-game days to the standard date format. By default, it will simply print the current day count. However, when given a day count, it will print the corresponding date as "Day X, Months Y, Year Z". I hope this is helpful!

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

sorry for the interruption

Owing to this thread, I have the following concern:

I am very sorry that I have multiple accounts on your server!

since I don't know to what extent it is undesirable to have multiple accounts, I would now like to name my accounts here:
  • Walker - my "i play for myself" account
  • RONNIX - my "Lets play a LetsPlay" account
  • RONNIX-Live - my "Lets play a LetsPlay but with more Lifestyle ... aaaand live" account
I hope I didn’t call your anger, if I did, let me know and I’ll leave your server alone

putney34
GitHub: putney34
IRC: putney34
In-game: putney34

by putney34 » Post

You know damn well who that skin represents :D

ggjones
In-game: ggjones47123 or ggjones

by ggjones » Post

Ok it been around 6 months, the server is offline and the forum thread has been dead and no reason explaining why. Does anyone know what's going on?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No, I have no idea what’s going on. :-(

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hello my wonderful JT2 fam!

My sincerest apologies for the downtime these past 7 months. My mom has been really struggling with her cancer treatment since April. Besides suffering additional physical ailments and seeing doctors for tests and treatments almost weekly now, the financial hardships with all the medical bills have been overwhelming to say the least.

I'm so very sorry for letting you all down again. I was determined that I could keep JT2 online, even while taking care of my mom. But it was becoming so mentally draining and difficult to focus on server administration, without letting these life struggles interfere. And I didn't want to weigh you all down with personal problems. That just didn't seem fair.

I also had only planned to shutdown the server for a few weeks back in April. But then I realized that most of the moderators I'd entrusted with overseeing the community had stepped down. And I wasn't comfortable with letting everything run idle for an indefinite period or time (as we've all seen the decline of "just test" when lag would take an extended absence).

Now for the good news -- yes no more tearing up!

My goal is to bring JT2 back this week, most likely Tuesday. I absolutely promise this time that the server will remain in perpetuity except for short-term maintenance cycles (unless there is some type of like major catastrophe or other emergency of course). I'll post more details in the coming days. I've missed all of you so much!

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Wish you all good !

My mother also suffered from cancer in 5 different stages years ago, lost breasts and a kidney.
I took care about every time after hospital ... it IS hard. But she made it, and after divorce from cheating husband it never came back for 25 years now.

Good Luck.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)