[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

ggjones
In-game: ggjones47123 or ggjones

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (Minetest S3 Engine)

by ggjones » Post

That's great your back sorcerykid. Thanks for explaining why one day you just disappeared off the platform and no reason why. I really thought you quit Minetest because of something and the server went with it. I do miss my builds and its great I can see it again and continue the builds. The server did mean so much and I had really good times on here. Maybe now I can finish my Mcdonalds I was working on for 4 years but procrastinated a lot on it. The one thing that would be nice is to have the server up before Christmas so then JT2 can experience another Christmas just like it did for the last 4 years and even New Years too. I wish your Mom good luck through the treatment.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

It will be great to see you again ggjones, and I look forward to your continuing work on the McDonalds!

If all goes as planned, everything should be back up and running by tomorrow, but at the latest Wednesday. I really want to make sure that we can celebrate both Christmas and NYE again, as it's an annual tradition on JT2!

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 22:45
Hello my wonderful JT2 fam!

My sincerest apologies for the downtime these past 7 months. My mom has been really struggling with her cancer treatment since April. Besides suffering additional physical ailments and seeing doctors for tests and treatments almost weekly now, the financial hardships with all the medical bills have been overwhelming to say the least.

I'm so very sorry for letting you all down again. I was determined that I could keep JT2 online, even while taking care of my mom. But it was becoming so mentally draining and difficult to focus on server administration, without letting these life struggles interfere. And I didn't want to weigh you all down with personal problems. That just didn't seem fair.

I also had only planned to shutdown the server for a few weeks back in April. But then I realized that most of the moderators I'd entrusted with overseeing the community had stepped down. And I wasn't comfortable with letting everything run idle for an indefinite period or time (as we've all seen the decline of "just test" when lag would take an extended absence).

Now for the good news -- yes no more tearing up!

My goal is to bring JT2 back this week, most likely Tuesday. I absolutely promise this time that the server will remain in perpetuity except for short-term maintenance cycles (unless there is some type of like major catastrophe or other emergency of course). I'll post more details in the coming days. I've missed all of you so much!
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

ggjones

by ggjones » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 01:09
It will be great to see you again ggjones, and I look forward to your continuing work on the McDonalds!

If all goes as planned, everything should be back up and running by tomorrow, but at the latest Wednesday. I really want to make sure that we can celebrate both Christmas and NYE again, as it's an annual tradition on JT2!
That's what I like about JT2 because this server does stuff every year and it's great to come back every year to our annual tradition. Overall JT2 is a great server to hang around and has a great community of players.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hey friends, it's official! JT2 is back online, and we ready to roll. Wh00t! :)

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

So nice to see you back sorcerykid :)

Family is always priority, I wish you and your mother the best of luck and good health, and a happy holidays :)
Can't wait to see you online soon! We all find a way to come back somehow anyways!

Take care and be safe!! I'll try to be more present in the upcoming days, I'm home for the holidays :)

👋 🎄 🌟

ggjones

by ggjones » Post

It's great the server is up right before the holidays. Well we may had missed Halloween of 2021 but that's ok at least it's up before the holidays. Can't wait to be part of the annual tradition of Christmas and New Years that we have been doing to 4 years now. The great thing is the server is online so go on the server and have some fun.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Kudos to everyone that stopped in for the relaunch of JT2. The past 48 hours have been pretty wild and crazy, but that's in a good way of course. I'm definitely glad to see so many familiar faces in game again!

Lots of JT2 veterans have already made a return appearance including iisu, IMS_BULLDOGS, Wuzzy, NEITRONS, Master_CJ, wuarf, ggjones47123, talamh, 1248, and Mister_CJ. (I'm going based on memory, so I apologize if I missed anyone).

Here's a quick rundown of some of the shenanigans from the past couple days.
  1. Since iisu was the first to rejoin, he dedicated this beautiful Christmas tree as a gesture of goodwill for all.
  2. After setting out on a quest to find his old bones deep in a lava cave, IMS_BULLDOGS forgot to bring a chest!
  3. Wuzzy stopped in for a quick tour of IMS_BULLDOGS' base, but was greeted to a much bigger surprise.
  4. A bunch of n00bs gathered inside the great hall of Castle Nemo as she was was redecorating for the holidays.
  5. Hunting for ancient bones has become a popular pastime. Even Wuzzy was proud to show off his latest discovery.
  6. Generosity on JT2 is no short supply! In fact, talamh was eager to gift some essential tools to a new player.
  7. At long last, iisu was able to complete work on his grand mansion, thanks to the addition of inverted stairs.

Kennen
GitHub: Abuser
IRC: Abuser
In-game: Hood

by Kennen » Post

Hello sorcerykid, I would be thankful if you could check DM from me. Thank you.

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (Holiday Comeback!)

by sorcerykid » Post

❄️ A Winter Wonderland ❄️

Spawn has once again been transformed into a winter wonderland, as is our holiday tradition on JT2!

The reindeer and ice monsters are already making their rounds within the castle courtyard. And our beloved oversized penguins have finally returned from their annual migration. Of course, the main hall of Castle Nemo is again decked to the nines with a beautifully ornamented Christmas Tree, topped by an illuminated Easter Egg (that's a really long a story!)

Be sure to craft a stocking and place it inside your home or base before this Saturday, if you want to receive holiday gifts. SantaClaus will be making her rounds during the early morning hours of Christmas. Of course, you can place more than one stocking for purposes of decoration, but keep in mind that only one will be filled by SantaClaus.

Special Bonus! This Friday afternoon, Nemo will be handing out free candycanes and gingerbread cookies at spawn, as part of our Christmas Is Caring program. It's a great opportunity for kids of all ages to load up on treats. So don't miss out!

Many warm wishes to all of our players this holiday!

~Nemo

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a friendly reminder that our Secret Santa stations are still operational!

Directly east of spawn are two large hearths providing up to 16 spots for players to hang a stocking. This is a great way for to share in the gift-giving spirit of the season. So don't miss out!

Also congrats to everyone that scooped up some yummy treats when SantaClaus made her surprise appearance today!

ggjones

by ggjones » Post

Alright it's officially Christmas on JT2.

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 21:45
Just a friendly reminder that our Secret Santa stations are still operational!
hi sorcerykid, you revive now. so i have some questions:

1) what is the direct and oficial or working place for your rx mods or at least auth_rx ? cos i found almost 10 places of git mirrors

2) what are the changes of the minetest-s3 engine? what is the difference agains normal 0.4.X and where is the source.. cos i like so much also the 0.4 and not 5.X

3) i found the just_test_server repo on giuthub from author of jt2 but seems (noted not included the 3d armor that today is pretty included now) is pretty older, where is the repo? of why we can build similar one?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Christmas is the time of year when we not only celebrate peace and goodwill, but of course most of us look forward to finding presents underneath the tree. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that SantaClaus was up bright and early Christmas morning spreading happiness and cheer throughout the land of JT2, with plenty of gifts for everyone that hung stockings around in home or base.

Wuzzy was making good use of the holiday-themed emojis which include Christmas trees, giftboxes, and more.

The hearths at spawn quickly filled up with stockings as players were eagerly exchanging their Secret Santa gifts!

I hope that you all had a restful holiday, and could rejoice with family and friends. Many blessings!

~Nemo

ggjones

by ggjones » Post

And now I am proud to announce the first McDonalds on JT2

It took 4 years in the making(really I don't really know when I started on the project just because it was years and on and off building so it could be 5 years) so yeah I procrastinated a lot on this project mostly because I couldn't think of building ideas and I got a little bored of working on it from time to time. Well now during the time of the holiday I decided to finish the project and what a surprise it took few days.

This will be the first McDonalds in the south side of city.
Now where is this McDonalds well it's on OAK ST by the south canal

The McDonalds is now officially opening on December 28th(basically today when I'm posting this)
Well feel free to stop in and get some burgers and fries.

The Front:
Mcdonalds_front.png
Mcdonalds_front.png (924.17 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
The Side:
Mcdonalds_side.png
Mcdonalds_side.png (864.57 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
Are First consumers are penguins
Our_First_Consumers.png
Our_First_Consumers.png (785.76 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
Continuing With Features On The Next Post...

ggjones

by ggjones » Post

Now the Features

This is probably the only McDonalds with a upstairs eating area(I'm sure there are McDonalds with a upstairs or maybe not) and this McDonalds also has an outdoor eating area and of course you have to have that indoor eating area.

The main eating area
Main_eating_area.png
Main_eating_area.png (603.48 KiB) Viewed 4775 times
The upstairs eating area
The_upstairs_eating_area.png
The_upstairs_eating_area.png (655.16 KiB) Viewed 4775 times
The outside eating area
Outdoor_eating_area.png
Outdoor_eating_area.png (900.83 KiB) Viewed 4775 times

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

🐰 The Easter Eggs Games 🐰

Due to the extended downtime of the server, Wuzzy's Easter egg hunt was still underway well into December, leading some to dub it the "Christmas Egg Hunt". However, the games have concluded as of yesterday, now that every chocolate egg has been found!

The goal was for players to search for chocolate eggs (which as you know are very rare on JT2) hidden in unlocked chests at Bones Bungalow as well as around Wuzzy's farm, bakery, etc. Of course, many chocolate eggs proved very hard to find since the majority of chests contained nothing of particular value.

Nonetheless, Wuzzy did include instruction manuals for the chocolate eggs, such as this note found in a random chest atop the Apples & Oranges shop on Acacia Boulevard:

Thanks to the expert detective skills of IMS_BULLDOGS, the remaining chocolate eggs were all discovered in record time. Indeed, IMS_BULLDOG effectively ended the game in only a couple hours, making him Legendary Grandmaster of the Easter Egg Hunt.

Congratulations to everyone that played and scored one or more (or even excessive numbers) of chocolate eggs! Easter may have come and gone, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our oh-so-delicious sweets :)

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (200 Years)

by sorcerykid » Post

Tomorrow is the big day! Join us at spawn as we ring in a new century on JT2!

An extended carillon will play from Lag Memorial Bell Tower at the stoke midnight, immediately followed by a monster frenzy and pastry explosion. I'll be handing out free confetti and party horns to players beforehand, so don't worry about crafting your own!

Spawn plaza will be transformed into a public sandbox as well, entirely befitting of the theme -- lava, fire, and of course, stone. So you and your friends can build or grief to your heart's content. But beware, as the Phoenix makes its triumphant return to the city every 100 years, wreaking havoc and destruction in its wake. Let the chaos ensue!

Note: If you are courageous enough to slay the Phoenix, then you might be rewarded with a Lag Block. These are extremely rare, non-craftable nodes that pay ttribute to the original just test server.

Festivities will officially kick off on Thursday, December 30 at 1200 UTC. It's a once-in-a-century event, so you don't want to miss it!

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

"anarchic" piff looks like a party with kids XD, too much rules (anarchic = rules????)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Yes folks, it's that time of year when we usher in the new year!

Join us at Lag Memorial Plaza on Friday, December 31 for the longest-running NYE party in Minetest -- now going five years strong! Look forward to a huge balloon drop followed by a dazzling pyrotechnics show.

As always, there will be plenty of confetti cannons and party horns made available to players, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Nemo. Or you can craft your own using these simple recipes:

Suffice it to say, after this extremely prolonged health crisis which has affected so many people worldwide, I think we're all about ready for a fresh new start. So let's bring in 2022 with a bang!

talamh

by talamh » Post

Since it's the anniversary 200th I got nostalgic and decided to dig up some old screenshots that are (allegedly) from around 2012.
iisu's house, as unfinished then as it is now:

The subway - several years before powered rail was invented:

Back in those days spawn was unknown nodes as far as the eye could see, good times :)

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Yeah, I miss the incognito nodes, as we used to call them. Good times.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

The countdown is about to begin...

We're just 6 hours away from the new year. Join us for the LARGEST balloon drop in all of Minetest, filled with fun and excitement for players of all ages. We've got confetti cannons, we've got party horns, we've got fireworks. Now all we need is YOU!

Don't forget! There will be two separate countdowns, first for our European visitors (0000 UTC) and again five hours later for our American visitors (0500 UTC). Following the first event, we'll be kicking off the hype at Club Nemo with a dance party!

What are you waiting for? 2022 is just around the corner, so let's get ready to make some noise!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Happy 2022 everyone!

Believe it or not, I'm still recovering from all the special events as of late. Within just 24 hours, we celebrated both a new year in real-life and a new century in-game -- which is a very rare occurrence.

But even with so many festivities underway, it was great to see players catching up on projects that they've long had to postpone, either because the server was offline for extended periods or due to lack of necessary building materials.

The McDonald's located at 210 S Oak St was completed by ggjones on December 26, 2021.

The Mansion located at 311 S Valley Rd was completed by by iisu on December 22, 2021.

And yes, even sorcerykid and publicworks made a return appearance to finish up some long overdue infrastructure improvements to the west side of the city, such as the bridge leading to GoldFireUn's compound, the northern off-ramp of Holiday Drive (below), the southern and northern sections of Holiday Park (below), and the western terminus of Prairie Street. All of these areas sat in a half-completed state for years, yet now they are finally cleaned up.

It was so refreshing and enjoyable to join the server as a regular player again. This is something, I hope to do more often! :)

Mister_CJ
In-game: Mister_CJ

by Mister_CJ » Post

Why does Wuzzy keep crashing the server? This is the second time this week.