[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes: 179

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

Re: @test@ Just Test II [SERVER]

by Kibbie » Post

Hey guys! Is the server down, or am I experiencing operator error? I don't even see it listed. :-/

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Welcome to the forums Kibbie!
I didn't expect to see your name here as I came to the thread to ask the same thing.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

From what I understand, admin is doing maintenance work on server backend.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

sorcerykid wrote:From what I understand, admin is doing maintenance work on server backend.
Thanks Sorcerykid! I will find another way to occupy myself, like addressing the mountain of clean laundry piled on my bed. That's JUST as much fun. :)

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Major malfunction with der server. Hopefully fixed.
Sorry for the outage. :(
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Here is the latest road map of the city.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

@sorcerykid I'm really enjoying the named streets idea. It should make navigation so much easier when describing a location to someone. Giving the cords does work well, but that involves going cross county through sometimes impossible to cross terrain/buildings.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Here is the latest road map of the city.

:D YOU, are awesome sorcerykid!!!!!!

Great work!!

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

cool!
I like that map
here's a snapshot of some of the tunnels at -50 below spawn. Some tunnels could need a connection :-)

Shown is a double 100m grid around spawn. There are deeper levels of large horizontal tunnel systems but this has the largest grid at the moment although other levels may sport larger rooms.

Attachments
Map-server_23.28.87.79_30002-2016-11-04--Tunnels_at_-50.png
Map-server_23.28.87.79_30002-2016-11-04--Tunnels_at_-50.png (50.86 KiB) Viewed 820 times

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

twoelk wrote:cool!
I like that map
here's a snapshot of some of the tunnels at -50 below spawn. Some tunnels could need a connection :-)

Shown is a double 100m grid around spawn. There are deeper levels of large horizontal tunnel systems but this has the largest grid at the moment although other levels may sport larger rooms.

Oh my! You did great work here!!!! Impressive!!
I think admin can hop in and open some holes for connection, if you want. :)

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Thanks so much for fixing the server, Maikerumine! :D I'm sorry it was giving you grief!

Quick question regarding textures, I built a couple of houses using cobble, aspen, and wool slopes and now they are "unknown objects." Any chance we will get those objects back? I figured I should ask before doing some demolition and remodeling, especially since I *loathe* roofing. lol

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Quick notes about the mapgen / admin / messups...
Ouch....

I spent some many hours trying to :
Mapshrink --result major loss of some builds due to cavegen grief.etc
Alias --result in painstakenly floating around hoping I don't overwrite good data. and the messups were far too huge to do this manually.
Lastly -- this is what happened:

So i decided to abandon fixing and let it go. FREE JUNGLETREES, A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR THE TAKING! Ha haha!

And dirt, gravel, sand, clay, and the coveted desert_stone.

All is good, after all, it still is an all stone world.
Attachments
10227523.jpg
10227523.jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 820 times
screenshot_20161104_110447.png
screenshot_20161104_110447.png (399.76 KiB) Viewed 820 times

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Wow, looks like some major cleanup work! I guess it's better just to keep the desert stone, sand, clay and dirt in world :)

On a related note, is there any possibility that you can please revert to the default 0.4.8 textures? Most of the roads and parks were designed specifically for those legacy textures. Yet, now they look really funky with this darker stone, cobble, brick, etc. The surfaces and shoulders of the roadways in particular are nearly indistinguishable, esp. in more rural locations where high visibility is paramount at night. It seems the overall aesthetic of the many other builds throughout the city has been altered dramatically as well.

I know when players have asked about the server description, you've said that the 0.4.8 was in reference to the default textures. So I hope this is not too much to trouble to ask for them back. Thanks!

Wraz

by Wraz » Post

When you discard some privileges (interact for me) check reason for that
I ask (and jtee or kuuma__) plot about removing ugly house between 4 properties, but he doesnt
esee.jpeg
esee.jpeg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 820 times

botumin
In-game: botumin

by botumin » Post

Hey everyone,
Want to crash our computers with a 12k x 12k pixels image? because that's how you do that ;-).
After a while I managed to get a proper program to open it... it's awesome! thanks :-).
I actually miss this from the original JT server, a page with an updated map and other info. Have you looked into running a small webserver with bits of information?
sorcerykid wrote:Here is the latest road map of the city.
http://i.imgur.com/oCSjrTM.png
Oh I love this. I wonder how we can get signs on every street so it catches on.
Maike, if you make a small webpage be sure to include this in the front
maikerumine wrote:Quick notes about the mapgen / admin / messups...
Ouch....
I spent some many hours trying to :
Mapshrink --result major loss of some builds due to cavegen grief.etc
Alias --result in painstakenly floating around hoping I don't overwrite good data. and the messups were far too huge to do this manually.
Lastly -- this is what happened:
So i decided to abandon fixing and let it go. FREE JUNGLETREES, A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR THE TAKING! Ha haha!
And dirt, gravel, sand, clay, and the coveted desert_stone.
All is good, after all, it still is an all stone world.
This is what I came to the forums for: changes
Is the boneworld mod gone for good? It'd be nice to know to plan ahead for what to focus in the game.

Also, learnt from the streams that now you can find somewhat easily dirt, sand and gravel, I like how it will promote exploring new areas (although it diminished the values of bones and might increase your server file size).

Finally, I love the streams although I never catch them live, they're quite fun to have in the background while I'm doing something else. Be sure to let Aiden know that although you may have few live viewers you have more than 10 times as many non-live ones.

botumin
In-game: botumin

by botumin » Post

oh and I also forgot, have ice and lag's ice recipes been removed? I don't know how to make them any more (I think it used to be surrounding a water bucket with snow and then the same but with lag's ice), I was on my way to make a memorial block, but then it changed.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

>Quick notes about the mapgen / admin / messups...

Thats why you need to test your changes on your local copy of the server...

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

Hey guess who was greived

ME

i am expecting abba after restart (hopefully i know when the server restarts) i need abba to do some stuff like clearpassword and banning

Message to abba:
Ban LaserJet it was taken over by someone else we will have to do something else when we meet
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

LaserJet wrote:Hey guess who was greived

ME

i am expecting abba after restart (hopefully i know when the server restarts) i need abba to do some stuff like clearpassword and banning

Message to abba:
Ban LaserJet it was taken over by someone else we will have to do something else when we meet
I am sorry to hear this. Please always have a password. I cannot stop what I am doing everytime someone gets "hacked". I will fix it tonight.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anything can be done about ISMAEL and sneke? I waited a while to complain because I know this is a PVP server, so I feel a little ridiculous. However, my builds are attacked on a daily basis. I have a fairly large/tall build, and they towered up and over to find an unprotected spot, caused damage and stole items. They are also picking on my 10-year-old and her creations.

Just now, SerVesta told me ISMAEL towered over Alex10's property and placed a protection block. ISMAEL (and his different aliases) repeatedly attack other players at spawn, tower over properties, and spam the chat. As much as I like this server and the people on it, at this point it's no longer fun - I am here to build and play the game with my kids, but the time spent undoing damage is making it impossible to enjoy the game play. :(

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Please also check/remove some ugly sky platform just above 843jdc shop, it does not fit there at all and probably from the same guys reported just above.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Kibbie wrote:Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anything can be done about ISMAEL and sneke? I waited a while to complain because I know this is a PVP server, so I feel a little ridiculous. However, my builds are attacked on a daily basis. I have a fairly large/tall build, and they towered up and over to find an unprotected spot, caused damage and stole items. They are also picking on my 10-year-old and her creations.

Just now, SerVesta told me ISMAEL towered over Alex10's property and placed a protection block. ISMAEL (and his different aliases) repeatedly attack other players at spawn, tower over properties, and spam the chat. As much as I like this server and the people on it, at this point it's no longer fun - I am here to build and play the game with my kids, but the time spent undoing damage is making it impossible to enjoy the game play. :(
No body messes with kids on MY server.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Please also check/remove some ugly sky platform just above 843jdc shop, it does not fit there at all and probably from the same guys reported just above.
Solved. :) Thank you for the reports. Both have been banned for one month.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

maikerumine wrote:Solved. :) Thank you for the reports. Both have been banned for one month.
You are made of awesome! Thank you so much for handling that. I know banning IP's isn't a guaranteed fix, but maybe it will be effective enough to send a message to the people responsible for griefing.

AspireMint has been extremely helpful to both ExeterDad and me, and I want to show my appreciation for your help. I'm wondering if you both have PayPal accounts? I would love to buy you some "thank you" beer, or at the very least, contribute a few bucks to the maintenance fees for the server.

Thanks again! :D

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Strange, I revoked shout and interact privs of ISMAEL on Monday, November 7 due to various infractions. Not sure how that player would suddenly have been able to to cause troubles on Wednesday.