[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (Now on Twitch!)

by sorcerykid » Post

The next couple days I will be doing maintenance work on the web server, mostly reorganizing the directory structure and tweaking the Apache configuration. So that means the JT2 homepage will be unavailable intermittently.

Thanks for your patience.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I cannot login anymore. :( I was in the middle of re-vamping my spawn area.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

On Wednesday, August 10 we celebrate six years since the Just Test Tribute server was brought online!

As is tradition, I will be bringing the map back from December 21, 2016. People will have a full 24 hours to explore the ancient world. Keep in mind that everything has been preserved exactly as it was from our last flashback event. So feel free to pick up where you left off or just indulge in the stone-world nostalgia.

To commemmorate the occasion, I will be handing out the next edition of the Just Test Memorial Stone to players that have achieved Guardian status by next Wednesday. These will only be available during the event, not afterward. So if you want a rare and collectible piece of JT2 history, then be sure to join us!

We will also be holding a reunion party, including a fireworks show and a group photo at spawn! Veteran players will be given an area to construct a time capsule with any items or notes that they wish leave for their future selves.

There's lots of fun (and memories) in store, and it's all just five days away. So mark your calendars!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Don't forget, tomorrow is our flashback party! Who's all ready to do the timewarp?

Here are some before-and-after shots of the city from 2016 to today. Wow, so much has changed over the past 6 years!

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Congrats on your longevity :) Truly I don't know if it would be possible if it weren't for the dedicated development that goes into the server.

I have a question about the Twitch stream: I thought it would be a 24/7 spawn cam, but I popped in to watch and noticed it was down. Is there an issue, or does it just not run all the time?
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (6th Anniversary Celebration!)

by iisu » Post

Cursed cat:
screenshot_20220813_130200.png
screenshot_20220813_130200.png (1007.18 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Congrats on your longevity :) Truly I don't know if it would be possible if it weren't for the dedicated development that goes into the server. I have a question about the Twitch stream: I thought it would be a 24/7 spawn cam, but I popped in to watch and noticed it was down. Is there an issue, or does it just not run all the time?
Hey thanks! It's definitely rewarding to see how much progress players have made over the years :)

And yes, the Twitch stream only runs M-F from 10am till 6pm Central. You can find the original announcement here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15334&start=1575

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

No way I missed it!! Waited all year, that's a bummer :( 😂

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

A few screenshots from the 6th Anniversary Event:

Bones Bungalow became Diamond Den (I built this a few years ago):

We have reached a New Year's in the Time Warp World (which is unprecedented). Year 200 became Year 201, so there were fireworks:

Also, I and other veteran players were allowed to build at spawn (so when this Time Warp World returns, so will these buildings, I guess):

Someone managed to drop their hand (lol):

Nemo also gave out a new JT2 Memorial Stone (2022 Edition). This one makes you run faster or jump higher, at the cost of health. You can find one of these blocks at Hotel de Pimp and another one at Lag Memorial Bell Tower close to spawn.

Even maikerumine made a short comeback (but it was only short).

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Three cheers (or is that six cheers) to everyone who joined us for our 6th anniversary celebration on JT2!

We took another trip back in time, to the ye olde days. This gave veteran players an opportunity to locate their long lost bases, or even to start a from scratch as an extra challenge! New players of course were forced to test their survival skills with the bare essentials -- and in a world that was far less developed.

There was no shortage of fun and games, between our Monster Mash and Pastry Explosion! Even maikerumine dropped in for a group photo at spawn (see above). It was just like old times!

Kudos to all the guardians who earned themselves a fancy new JT2 Memorial Stone. Standing on it will give you an insane boost of energy for jumping and walking -- perfect for getting to those hard to reach places :)

~Nemo

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Here's a massive photo dump from last week's party. Lessgo!

Trophies were awarded to those players with the longest track record on the server since 2016.

Wuzzy's bakery remained just as hip with the locals as it was during our previous rewind party!

Despite being well known as one of the most affluent players on JT2, iisu decided to rough it :P

Ooops, the ice vending machine at kumma's base sprung a leak. Anyone in need of free water?

Wuzzy updated the rare items exhibit with two mystery items. Can you guess what they were?

Several veteran players collaborated on a time capsule at spawn. This is what I call teamwork!

Wuzzy trekked all the way out to see the original time capsule, yet sadly couldn't read the sign :(

As usual, Wuzzy went wild handing out loads of free baked goodies for all the n00bs at spawn.

It's a rare appearance of maikerumine in the wild, who graciously accepted a Memorial Stone!

It looks like raenvmaj just found the biggest heart on the whole world, and even laid claim to it!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

A couple of quick updates:

I tweaked the Inspection Wand so the positions of entities and players now provide decimal precision (whereas before, each coordinate was rounded to the nearest meter, which was not particularly useful).

I also fixed Bedrock Markup Language to properly handle item images with animations and nonexistent tiles. This should improve stability and avoid unexpected crashes once and for all (as this bug was responsible for the recent downtime).

raenvmaj
In-game: raenvmaj

by raenvmaj » Post

hello everyone , and I'm here now too , and I'm writing this message very late, since the holiday was a long time ago , I want to thank Nemo for making us such a holiday , and we remembered the server from 2016-2017.I built 2 buildings on spawn during the holiday, and I am very happy about it, I want the year 2023 to begin as soon as possible, because I want to see my buildings once again, and the buildings of the players who managed to build something on spawn

raenvmaj

by raenvmaj » Post

sorcerykid , about the fact that I found the biggest heart you're right , I couldn 't take it away , but still at the next event it will be my😈

Adrian777
IRC: Adrian777
In-game: Adrian777

by Adrian777 » Post

Hello Nemo - sorcerykid .
A question.
When is the JT2 server going to reopen?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

My mom has been in the hospital this past week, so I decided to take the server offline temporarily as I've not been home as much. But my hope is to bring it back online by the end of the weekend.

Adrian777

by Adrian777 » Post

Oh no.
Let him recover.

raenvmaj

by raenvmaj » Post

Oh Nemo - sorcerer, I sympathize with you, may your mother recover as soon as possible! when relatives are sick, it's very bad and insulting, I wish her a speedy recovery!❤️

iisu

by iisu » Post

I hope she gets well soon. Best wishes. <3

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by sorcerykid » Post

I was going through some old screenshots from a backup drive, and I came across this street map from 2016. It looks like I had just started planning the canal system (using Microsoft Word no less). What's interesting is how a few of the streets originally had a different name. Can you spot which ones?

Answer: "New St" became Crescent Dr. "Acacia Ave" became Acacia Blvd. "Vine St" became unnamed. And "Elm St" was never constructed.

talamh

by talamh » Post

Clippy being annoying as usual!

iisu

by iisu » Post

I got Acacia Ave. Elm St. seemed kinda sus but I didn't think much about it.
Idk what's more concerning: the fact you used MS Word or that you made a screenshot rather than save your work.

Adrian777

by Adrian777 » Post

Hello Nemo.
I Wanted You Questions If Fernanfloou has already met the necessary requirements to be STAFF.

raenvmaj

by raenvmaj » Post

it is not so easy to become a staff. the most important thing in staff is to help and take care of the players ( but I just said my opinion ) , and so this decision is for Nemo.and also to look after the order on the server while there is no Nemo.

raenvmaj

by raenvmaj » Post

Nemo , by the way, how is your mother? is she feeling better already ?🤔