[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by Wuzzy » Post

Bugs:
- There are still bones from player “444444” in Spawn Castle. They can't be broken since days.
- Carts don't work anymore.
- There are some very nasty beds in spawn castle. If you sleep in them, then get up, you are stuck forever in the cobblestone above. This is because you spawn standing on top of the bed, but the space between bed and ceiling is only 1.5 blocks (instead of 2), causing your head to be inside the cobblestone. Your only hope of escape is to ask other players to use a teleport staff on you. You can't do “/spawn” because it's forbidden.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Bugs:
- There are still bones from player “444444” in Spawn Castle. They can't be broken since days.
- There are some very nasty beds in spawn castle. If you sleep in them, then get up, you are stuck forever in the cobblestone above. This is because you spawn standing on top of the bed, but the space between bed and ceiling is only 1.5 blocks (instead of 2), causing your head to be inside the cobblestone. Your only hope of escape is to ask other players to use a teleport staff on you. You can't do “/spawn” because it's forbidden.
Bed Bugs. LOL
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

Nice image with a noob :P

digger2
In-game: digger

by digger2 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Bugs:
These are features, not bugs.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Boost carts routinely crashed the server, so they were disabled in September. Since then, the server has more stable than ever, crashing only twice (after players tried to use the disabled carts). I've had no luck tracing the cause of those crashes because they are impossible to replicate on my test server, even by adding checkpoints into the code. It seems this is yet another case where I must rewrite the entire mod from scratch (just as with TNT, itemframes, etc.), because boost carts are not suitable for a production environment.

As for beds, that same behavior is exhibited on every server that I frequent (Must Test, just test, Banana Land, etc.) and to my knowledge, it has never been fixed. I even double-checked the code from the official GitHub repo. Whenever a player attempts to leave a bed, there is no accounting for the necessary clearance to stand up. As an interim solution, I will allow players to sit up in bed first, giving them the means to stand up using the same logic as for the stairs (face a given direction, then right-click).

As for the bones of player “444444”, I cannot find any trace of them even using the coordinates from the book you provided me in-game. Apparently somebody was able to claim them.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The bones are at:
(4, 2, -6)

I kid you not!
They persisted over multiple logins for many days now.

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

Same bones that I asked Nemo about a week ago. "how do you remove fresh forever bones?" They are gone now.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm proud to announce that the Web-based status panel is now live, including a player list, player map, world clock, and world calendar as well as the ordinary vital server statistics. The map markers indicate player locations (within 400 meters of spawn and above -50m only) as well as player health (red means dead, orange means alive).

The data source is updated automatically every 20 seconds, but eventually I might switch to IPC (inter-process communication) so it can be polled from Minetest on the fly.

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I'm proud to announce that the Web-based status panel is now live, including a player list, player map, world clock, and world calendar ...

Well, what can I say about that? That is awesome!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Now this is interesting:
I just heard from Nemo that there's a secret and safe way to teleport back to spawn even if you're “too close”.
Normally, “/spawn” doesn't teleport you to spawn if you're within 150 blocks distance from spawn.
Nemo said the secret has something to do with the “/spawn” command. But Nemo won't tell us the secret, probably to make it more interesting? XD

Anyway, I have already tried to do all sorts of weird stuff to figure this one out, but without success.

I have tried lots of crazy stuff without success:
- I tried appending a lot of words to the “/spawn” command: like “JT2”, “test”, “Nemo”, “sorcerykid”, “Minetest”, “Lag”, “spawn”, “/spawn”, “/nwaps”, etc. etc.
- I tried rightclicking and shift-clicking with teleporter staff, mossy cobblestone, mese crystal fragment, obsidian shard
- Use /spawn with empty inventory and armor
- Use /spawn with low food bar
- Use /spawn with teleporter staff in hand
- Use /spawn while standing on a teleporter
- Use /spawn whie looking towards spawn
- Use /spawn while looking down/up or EXACTLY to one of the cardinal directions
- Use /spawn multiple times in succession
- Logging off and in
- Looking for clues in the inventory menu
- Looking for clues in the castle
- Looking for clues in the command help

Nothing of the above worked. Must be a pretty good secret! xD
I probably spent way too much time in trying to figure this one out.

But I found 2 unreliable ways to get you back to spawn, but they depend on other players being available:

- Using a teleporter staff to teleport to a player far away, then use /spawn. This works, but is highly unreliable. Most players reject teleporter requests and if the server is not crowded, there might be no players anyway
- Killing another player so you get sent to jail. >:-D

(I don't think Nemo meant one of these.)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

That's not what I said :P I said it is possible to use the /spawn command when further than 1500 meters from spawn under certain circumstances. I even revealed the secret elsewhere in this topic.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I think the dreaded bed bugs are squashed once and for all. Now you can set your active spawn point during the day by simply sitting down in a bed. When respawning (or awaking) in a bed, you will sit up automatically. At long last, no more head injuries due to low ceilings or other confined spaces. Please notify me if you experience any irregularities, as this feature is still in beta!

In other news, fresh bones now behave similarly to locked chests. So the inventory formspec is only accessible to the owner. Once the bones expire after 8 minutes, then the contents can be retrieved by anyone, as usual.

why

by why » Post

Forever fresh bone at 69, 1.5, 121, on the road. batya's fresh bone (died 4 minutes ago).

Suggestion to make the bone collection easier and more attractive. Right now, it's really painless to collect them, they are everywhere under the church.
-> could the wood armor and wood sword be stackable (99).
-> could the sword be craftable to something else like 1 sword = 1 wood stick
-> could the armor be craftable to wood plank?

I've gonna try to make a mod for that. Gotta to learn lua a bit...

why

by why » Post

My dreams are broken... You can't stack 3d_armor or sword because they have state... It seems to work at first, you can stack them, but the number doesn't show up, and when you restart the game they are merge to 1...

Code: Select all

--doesn't work
--minetest.override_item("default:sword_wood", {
--    stack_max = 99
--})
But recycling works:

depends.txt

3d_armor
init.lua:

minetest.register_craft({
    output = "default:stick",
    recipe = {
        {"default:sword_wood", "", ""},
        {"", "", ""},
        {"", "", ""}
    }
})

local woodArmor = {"3d_armor:helmet_wood", "3d_armor:chestplate_wood", "3d_armor:boots_wood", "3d_armor:leggings_wood"}
for _, armorName in ipairs(woodArmor) do
    minetest.register_craft({
        output = "default:wood",
        recipe = {
            {armorName, "", ""},
            {"", "", ""},
            {"", "", ""}
        }
    })
end

JNEITRONS
GitHub: JNEITRONS
IRC: NEITRON
In-game: NEITRON

by JNEITRONS » Post

Server offline now??? i can't join

Beast24
IRC: Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I'm proud to announce that the Web-based status panel is now live, including a player list, player map, world clock, and world calendar as well as the ordinary vital server statistics. The map markers indicate player locations (within 400 meters of spawn and above -50m only) as well as player health (red means dead, orange means alive).

The data source is updated automatically every 20 seconds, but eventually I might switch to IPC (inter-process communication) so it can be polled from Minetest on the fly.
where can we access this

Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

JNEITRONS wrote:Server offline now??? i can't join
me to

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

why wrote:Suggestion to make the bone collection easier and more attractive. Right now, it's really painless to collect them, they are everywhere under the church.

If you move an item out of the inventory GUI you drop it. Might help you a little. What's painful to me when collecting bones is that when you empty them they drop as entities and often fall down on the pile of dropped items that I'd just made. I see no reason for this kind of behaviour but it doesn't really matter.
Maybe a button in bones GUI to drop all items they contain would do. But idk if it wouldn't make it too easy.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Beast24 wrote:where can we access this
http://jt2.intraversal.net/
At least I can tell it should be there reading the page source. Currently you can't see it because the server is down.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

sorcerykid wrote:As many of you know, the teleport and spawn commands now have a limited range. Although, I never made an official announcement about the change back in March, I know it was discussed in game at the time. Since there is still some lingering confusion, here are the specific restrictions on both commands:
  • /tpr and /tphr
    These commands have a maximum range of 1000m between associated players

/spawn
    This command has a maximum range of 1500m and a minimum range of 150m from the static spawnpoint.
Previously, players were using teleportation to collect resources from very remote locations, transfer them instantly back to their base, and then return to collect more resources. It was even possible for teams of players to travel vast distances across a series of remote locations using teleportation exclusively. Clearly, there is little skill to either of these techniques. And while teleportation has certain advantages, it shouldn't completely defeat the challenge of survival.

Of course, I'll continue to tweak these parameters to account for growth of the city and as player activity becomes less centralized. Thanks for your understanding!
i dont see no hint
Pm me if you do

Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

iisu wrote:
Beast24 wrote:where can we access this
http://jt2.intraversal.net/
At least I can tell it should be there reading the page source. Currently you can't see it because the server is down.
thx iisu

JNEITRONS
GitHub: JNEITRONS
IRC: NEITRON
In-game: NEITRON

by JNEITRONS » Post

Beast24 wrote:
JNEITRONS wrote:Server offline now??? i can't join
me to
Lol

why

by why » Post

iisu wrote:
why wrote:Suggestion to make the bone collection easier and more attractive. Right now, it's really painful to collect them, they are everywhere under the church.

If you move an item out of the inventory GUI you drop it. Might help you a little. What's painful to me when collecting bones is that when you empty them they drop as entities and often fall down on the pile of dropped items that I'd just made. I see no reason for this kind of behaviour but it doesn't really matter.
Maybe a button in bones GUI to drop all items they contain would do. But idk if it wouldn't make it too easy.
I'm already moving them out with the mouse from the inventory, right-click when I want an item. There was a "delete item" button in the past and it was bad (lot of accident with chess), but maybe a "drop item" could be better (it should not be press when you hit a key like <enter> by default).

Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

y is the server not up

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I added several more chat commands to the server yesterday. These and others are fully documented on the JT2 homepage.
  • /whois or whois [player_name]
    Display details about a given player, or yourself by default. This is a graphical alternative to the /who command.

/near or /near [range]
    Show a list of players and their relative distance from you within a given range, or 50 meters by default.

/where [player_name]
    Show the absolute position (pos), relative distance (len), relative vertical offset (off), and relative angular offset (dir) of the given player from you. The angular offset is in degrees and corresponds to the world axis shown in the F5 debug output.

Note that the /near and /where commands are limited to a radius of 1000 meters for all players except admin and staff. These commands were primarily intended to aid in moderation and administration tasks. However, they can prove useful for normal gameplay including surveillance, reconnaissance, and combat preparedness in addition to various team-oriented campaigns.

If you simply want to determine you own position (rather than that of another player) and F5 debug output is not available in your client software, then you can use the /status player command.
  • Code: Select all

/status player
    Player-Status: name=sorcerykid, pos=(-14,2,0), dir=45, lifetime=157s, idletime 20s, breath=5.5, health=10.0, hunger=10.0

I also modified the output of the /time and /date commands to be consistent with the format used on the JT2 homepage. The results will now be similar to these:
  • Code: Select all

/time
    Current Time: 2:33 PM

/date
    Current Date: 7 Days, 7 Months, 99 Years 
In other news, a huge thanks to Rubenwardy for granting me authorship rights to this topic. I will now be able to update the first post with information about the server and other important announcements!