[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (Holiday Comeback!)

by iisu » Post

Welcome back Memo. I hope you get well soon. ^^
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

odiseu
IRC: odiseu
In-game: odiseu

by odiseu » Post

Hello Nemo seriously I wait for the return of the server with anxiety ¡¡¡ :D

yik)
IRC: yik
In-game: yik

by yik) » Post

I am very happy that the server will come back, I miss it a lot : D and I am very happy to see that everything has improved : D

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Countdown to 2019!

It's time to celebrate our past accomplishments and toast to exciting new opportunities!

We'll be ringing in the new year again with a balloon drop and fireworks display at 0000 UTC (6pm Central) and again at Midnight Eastern on Monday, December 31. Join us in the courtyard at Lag Memorial Plaza for a new year's eve party with all your friends from JT2. I'll be handing out party horns, so when the midnight hour strikes, we can make a LOT of noise ;D

You can also craft your own party horn and confetti with these two simple recipes!
  • Party Horn

Confetti
The countdown clock is set and the walls of Castle Nemo are lined with LED lights in preparation for 2019. See you tomorrow night!

iisu

by iisu » Post

HEY GUYS IT'S BACK

RealSerVesta

by RealSerVesta » Post

JT2 is back xd
i'm missing my old pixel art - created: SerVesta
Attachments
screenshot_20181230_183813.png
screenshot_20181230_183813.png (185.67 KiB) Viewed 1212 times

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

No sooner had the server come back online, and the JT2 family was already back in the action! About an hour after relaunch, a bunch of us gathered atop the marquee for a proper Just Test Tribute reunion photoshoot :)

Afterward, things got crazy loud thanks to all the partyhorn antics. Oh and the silly chat was probably worth preserving :P

Several more regulars showed up later in the day, so weren't depicted above. Special shoutouts to SerVesta, jtee, talamh, Fernanfloou, steve, DIANDRA, abi, kievski, Paulina, vicki2, MIGUEL100, XuTpblu_KaK,JluCa, and JNEITRONS!

It's great to be back with our <3

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute (NYE Countdown Celebration!)

by sorcerykid » Post

The NYE countdown is exactly 6 hours away...

Join us at spawn tonight for the BIGGEST balloon drop in all of Minetest! Our dazzling mese globe will lower from the mast atop Castle Nemo and light up the castle at precisely midnight UTC.
  • We've got party horns!
  • We've got confetti!
  • We've got balloons!
  • We've got fireworks!
Help us ring in the new year with all your friends on JT2. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or a casual visitor, everyone is welcome to party with us tonight. See you there :D

talamh

by talamh » Post

RealSerVesta wrote:JT2 is back xd
i'm missing my old pixel art - created: SerVesta
Are you saying you cannot find it? If so here is where it is:

m8ii

Password

by m8ii » Post

I can't change password. Desktop. Esc, 'Change password', i type old password, new password 2 times, press 'Change', i get out from server, it writes 'Access denied. Reason: Another client is connected with this name. If your client closed unexpectedly, try again in a minute.'.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

azertyuiop
In-game: azertyuiop

by azertyuiop » Post

Hi,

When I tried to connect to the server (for the first time and with the player name "azertyuiop"), the server didn't accepted me and told me that my account was "suspended for inactivity."
I wanted to ask "the server operator for reactivation".

Sincerely,
azertyuiop.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I am soooo glad your mom is doing well and in remission. :)))) This is the greatest news to hear.

I cannot wait to play on the server again, it has been far too long in my recollection.

Anyways, Very glad to see your mom is doing well, and you arer back. Sorry we missed the NYE event, I check the forum every week or so for new things and missed it. :/

Glad everyone had a great time!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Arisha_L wrote:I'm also looking forward to the New year and the BACK of the Grand JT2. We've been missing so much all this time.
iisu wrote:Welcome back Memo. I hope you get well soon. ^^
odiseu wrote:Hello Nemo seriously I wait for the return of the server with anxiety ¡¡¡ :D
yik) wrote:I am very happy that the server will come back, I miss it a lot : D and I am very happy to see that everything has improved : D
It's great to see you all again. And many thanks for the kind words!

I shared people's get well wishes with my mom, and it really brightened her day <3
maikerumine wrote: I am soooo glad your mom is doing well and in remission. :)))) This is the greatest news to hear.

I cannot wait to play on the server again, it has been far too long in my recollection.

Anyways, Very glad to see your mom is doing well, and you arer back. Sorry we missed the NYE event, I check the forum every week or so for new things and missed it. :/

Glad everyone had a great time!
Hey Maike! I'm sorry you missed the NYE countdown, but there will be plenty other celebrations throughout the year. So don't worry. We'll have a party horn saved esp. for you :D

Btw, I appreciate the shoutouts in your videos. I've been watching them btw. That's one of the main reasons I brought the server back online, as I understood quite a few people were asking about it!

For those didn't see, Maike whipped up an impromptu "welcome back" video complete with nom noms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDm8L48LOxM

I really hope that you and aidenminer have a wonderful 2019!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Happy New Year from Just Test Tribute! Image

Here are some photos from our NYE Countdown Celebration last week. We partied like it's 1999 -- er rather 2019 :D

Everyone gathered at spawn during the final seconds as our giant mese globe began its ascent!

Then thousands of balloons dropped upon spawn plaza at the stroke of midnight UTC (and again at midnight Eastern Time). It was crazy loud between the sounds of balloons popping and players sounding their party horns in unison!

And for the grand finale, a spectacular fireworks show lit up the sky above Castle Nemo. All mods (including the confetti, mese globe, digital counters, LED lights, fireworks, and balloons), were custom designed for the JT2 server.

Cheers once again to everybody that came out celebrate with us. I hope you had a great time (and your ears are recovering ;)

Best wishes to all your friends and family in 2019!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a quick heads up!

Beginning tonight and every Monday, the server will be offline for 20-30 minutes for backup of all world data to a cloud hosting service. These off-site world backups are in addition to the local world backups that are performed daily at 7:00pm Central, and of course the weekly map database saves (currently over 369 GB).

Having three tiered backup solution should help to mitigate against virtually any catastrophic data loss. Thanks for your understanding!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Nice! Btw bookshelfs are rotated in one direction only and carts are not working.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

m8ii wrote:I can't change password. Desktop. Esc, 'Change password', i type old password, new password 2 times, press 'Change', i get out from server, it writes 'Access denied. Reason: Another client is connected with this name. If your client closed unexpectedly, try again in a minute.'.
Thanks for the heads up. I was made aware of this problem a couple weeks ago. It seems to be engine-related, but I'm still trying to track down the cause. In the meantime, if you urgently need a password change, I can give you a temporary one.
Fixer wrote:Nice! Btw bookshelfs are rotated in one direction only and carts are not working.
Indeed, the carts are still broken. I'm in the process of rewriting that mod from scratch. Once it's ready for production, I'll post here!

In other news I finally resolved the longstanding problem with grass and snow spread. It turned out to be a simple typo in the ABM handler for dirt nodes. Hopefully all works well now.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi all, just a quick update! I finally changed the minimum range to use the /spawn command from 150m down to 50m. Hopefully is this eases some of the pain and frustration when players (mostly noobs) get stuck underground, and have no means to dig themselves out!

I also completely revamped the stair sitting routine, so that you can now stand up just by sneaking (pressing the Shift key). This should resolve the longstanding glitch where players sometimes float forever in one direction after clicking on a stair. It's also possible to lay on slabs in much the same way as a bed, but without resetting you home location.

In other news, we reached a new milestone on JT2. Over 5000 player sessions Wednesday!

Congrats to Damrell836 on bringing us up to 5000! That's definitely a new record for the server.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm happy to announce that default signs got a makeover on JT2!

I completely rewrote default signs as a standalone mod with many new features!. It's now possible to view the full text of a sign within a custom sized and colored formspec combined with an advanced markup language specifically tailored for Minetest formspecs with simple-to-use tags for layout and formatting (i.e. color, header, border, rows and columns, etc.) and builtin word-wrapping within all cells.

Old signs are now read-only. but will remain viewable. They must be updated to access the new editing functionality. Punch the sign once, and a confirmation message will be displayed: "This sign is now updated. Right-click it holding sneak to open the message editor."

There are two ways of using the editor. Either you can compose your message without any markup, for a traditional, plain-text sign. Or you can take advantage of the layout and formatting tags to give your sign the sophistication and punch it needs to stand out from the crowd!

There is support for the 8 standard terminal colors via the following inline tags:
  • [q=gray][/q] - gray text
  • [q=red][/q] - red text
  • [q=green][/q] - green text
  • [q=blue][/q] - blue text
  • [q=cyan][/q] - cyan text
  • [q=magenta][/q] - magenta text
  • [q=yellow][/q] - yellow text
  • [q=black][/q] - black text
There is also support for rows and columns via the [r] and [c] tags. These two tags accept an optional numeric attribute to alter the size of the cell to be rendered.

You can set the depth of all cells on the next row using [r=#], and you can set the width of the next cell using [c=#]. In both cases, # must be an integer (or 0 for the default). The unit of measurement is an approximation of the standard "em" used in typography.

Example: Here is a basic table with two rows and two columns:

Code: Select all

Upper left cell[c]Upper right cell
[r]
Lower left cell[c]Lower right cell
Notice, how the initial [r] tag is missing, and the initial [c] tags are also missing. Not to worry! The lexer automatically fills in these tags behind the scenes. It is entirely optional to include them. This markup is more verbose, but produces the same results:

Code: Select all

[r=0][c=0]Upper left cell[c=0]Upper right cell
[r=0][c=0]Lower left cell[c=0]Lower right cell
By default rows and columns are evenly spaced vertically and/or horizontally, for the most pleasing appearance. All extraneous white space before and after tags is also ignored (similar to HTML), allowing for easier editing without cumbersome blocks of markup.

The lexer is capable of automatically resizing rows and columns to fit within the dimensions of the formspec and to prevent overruns. Best of all, due to nature of the markup language, a context-sensitive algorithm is able to produce infotext (stripped of all tags, of course) that is still very true to the original as you can see here:

There's also support for bolded inline text, headers, and borders (these are still very experimental and won't be released till tomorrow.

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

sorcerykid wrote: and of course the weekly map database saves (currently over 369 GB).
That's a big file.

Welcome back.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Updates to signs are finalized! In addition to all the features described above, now you can easily add bordered text, headline text, and even images (both skin and item textures) within your signs!

• <text>
    <text>

Insert a new border row, evenly spaced or with the specified depth

<text>
    [h=#]<text>[/size]
    Insert a new header row, evenly spaced or with the specified depth

<item_name>
    <item_name>

Insert the specified item texture, with auto spacing or with the specified width (if image is too big to fit on the current row, then it will be shrunk to fit).

<skin_name>
    <skin_name>

Insert the specified skin texture, with auto spacing or with the specified width (if image is too big to fit on the current row, then it will be shrunk to fit).

It is also possible to include dynamic text within your sign using variable interpolation:

• $name - the name of the current player
  • $rank - the rank of the current player
  • $item - the wielded item of the current player (for use with the tag)
  • $skin - the selected skin of the current player (for use with the tag)
  • $home - the assigned active spawnpoint of the current player
  • $date - the current world date
  • $time - the current world time
  • $cur_users - the current number of online players
  • $max_users - the maximum number of online players

I also added a Downsampler option to the message editor, so that you can select which algorithm to use for generating the infotext:

If you have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy!
Last edited by sorcerykid on Tue Jan 22, 2019 16:44, edited 2 times in total.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

I't would be nice if there was an option when collecting bones to gather the bone but drop all its contents on the ground. It gets extremely tiring to drag and drop all unwanted items out before collecting it, made worse by the fact that most bones near spawn are underwater. Fortunately i didn't have to end up gathering all the needed bones for the crafting of the sapling, as one bone held two aspen leaves inside...

Also can anyone tell me which direction from spawn has the closest unclaimed land? I went down one direction for 30 mins without finding any.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

iisu

by iisu » Post

Stix wrote:Also can anyone tell me which direction from spawn has the closest unclaimed land? I went down one direction for 30 mins without finding any.
Well, it should be down. Barely anybody builds underground. idk why it took you 30 minutes, maybe you need a better pickaxe.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

iisu wrote:
Stix wrote:Also can anyone tell me which direction from spawn has the closest unclaimed land? I went down one direction for 30 mins without finding any.
Well, it should be down. Barely anybody builds underground. idk why it took you 30 minutes, maybe you need a better pickaxe.
LOL! I didn't dig down (nor do i want a base under spawn), within the context it's the same as me saying "I went along one direction". ;)
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Stix wrote:I't would be nice if there was an option when collecting bones to gather the bone but drop all its contents on the ground.
Thanks for the feedback Stix. There was a "Del Items" button originally, but players complained about clicking the button by accident and losing all the items. So I removed it as a safeguard. Perhaps, I can look into only showing the "Del Items" button when holding down the sneak key. That way at least the option is still available.
843djc wrote:That's a big file. Welcome back.
Nice to see you 843djc. You'll be making a return visit again I presume? Oh and, I was talking about the total map saves. Each individual sqlite file is around 16 GB (thankfully only 7 GB compressed).