[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

Re: @test@ Just Test II [SERVER]

by Kibbie » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Strange, I revoked shout and interact privs of ISMAEL on Monday, November 7 due to various infractions. Not sure how that player would suddenly have been able to to cause troubles on Wednesday.
I know he was causing trouble on Tuesday the 8th, my kids had the day off from school for conferences and we were all on when he was attacking our house and we watched him destroy the little beach area my daughter made. That was the day you banned him for an hour for spamming chat. I wonder if he uses a proxy IP? According to SerVesta, he was also able to place a pro block above Alex10's house on Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.

I also know there are several versions of the name ISMAEL, and as far as I can tell - they are different players. I have seen ISMAEL and ISMAEL5 on simultaneously and interacting with each other, and I have also seen other variations of the name. The one we have issues with is ISMAEL.

By the way, I'm thrilled you started the road towards our little area, no more parkour course for us while we're trying to get home...thank you!!! :D

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

If you check the privs of ISMAEL, you will see he has none. According to Kibbie, however, that didn't stop him from infringing on the rules again and again. Likewise, I also revoked the shout privs of vanek2 today due to chat spam, yet he is still able to chat. So something is amiss with user privileges. Is there an override in place somewhere?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

guess we need server override for hacked clients privs

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Some random person came on today about an hour before the reset, called ''Idonthavealifeagain'' and killed in town without getting sent to jail over and over again, and when finally banned with a vote, came back on called ''mylifesucks'' and did the same thing again. He also spawned next to his bones, and could attack at long range. :/

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:Some random person came on today about an hour before the reset, called ''Idonthavealifeagain'' and killed in town without getting sent to jail over and over again, and when finally banned with a vote, came back on called ''mylifesucks'' and did the same thing again. He also spawned next to his bones, and could attack at long range. :/
Sounds like a hacker. Maybe he was mad about Trump getting elected?

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

>without getting sent to jail over and over again

he was, I think he got ranged attack, maybe that was usual GD guy...

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:Some random person came on today about an hour before the reset, called ''Idonthavealifeagain'' and killed in town without getting sent to jail over and over again, and when finally banned with a vote, came back on called ''mylifesucks'' and did the same thing again. He also spawned next to his bones, and could attack at long range. :/
Awwwww.... Welcome to the forums DVD :)
And yeah... that dude shook things up a bit.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

DVD!! :D

I missed all the fun. I think I was doing something stupid like making dinner or something. ISMAEL also spawns right next to his bones, if I remember correctly.

botumin
In-game: botumin

by botumin » Post

Bump!
botumin wrote:have ice and lag's ice recipes been removed? I don't know how to make them any more (I think it used to be surrounding a water bucket with snow and then the same but with lag's ice), I was on my way to make a memorial block, but then it changed.
Anybody know how to make or where to buy ice?

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

botumin wrote:Bump!
botumin wrote:have ice and lag's ice recipes been removed? I don't know how to make them any more (I think it used to be surrounding a water bucket with snow and then the same but with lag's ice), I was on my way to make a memorial block, but then it changed.

I took it out because there was a HUGE map gen glitch in the south east, was hoping for people to mine it all away and sell it. :)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

maikerumine wrote:
botumin wrote:Bump!

I took it out because there was a HUGE map gen glitch in the south east, was hoping for people to mine it all away and sell it. :)
It's confirmed. Tons of ice. Many, many blocks thick.
It's not gift wrapped, but maikerumine did "sign" it :P

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

ExeterDad wrote:...

It's confirmed. Tons of ice. Many, many blocks thick.
It's not gift wrapped, but maikerumine did "sign" it :P
so I`m not the only one nibbling at it's corners.
guess I need some more play time - before it's all gone ;-P

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

How/where do we get snow to make the just test block?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

That`s server is good and i wonder what in it play big plenty of players!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

It was brought to my attention yesterday that a user by the name of "lon2" may have hacked the account of "Iio" and griefed their property. See screencap below for coords. I temporarily limited "lon2" pending appropriate administrative action by abba. Thanks.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm not sure what's happening with the server. It was running flawlessly for the past two weeks. Now suddenly there are problems galore since the last reset:

- Farming is messed up (default trees take significantly longer to grow, sometimes upwards of 30 minutes)
- Textures are messed up (the default 0.4.8 textures have again been supplanted by the newest version)
- Skins are messed up (all players have the Sam skin, and the formspec for changing skins is unavailable)
- Lighting is messed up (slabs and stairs are glowing in the dark, and torches don't seem to illuminate properly)
- Beds are messed up (players can now sleep in any bed at night, regardless of whether they placed it or not)

These are just the issues that I noticed off-hand, but I'm sure there are others. What changed?

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Farming is messed up (default trees take significantly longer to grow, sometimes upwards of 30 minutes)
Thats intended, since 0.4.14 there were farming changes in game itself, now crops/trees grow even without players nearby. Downside: trees grow somewhat slower, you need around 2 game cycles to grow some trees. This is not a bug.
- Lighting is messed up (slabs and stairs are glowing in the dark, and torches don't seem to illuminate properly)
That is maike's bug, but only for stairs, slabs and torches look ok.
Beds are messed up (players can now sleep in any bed at night, regardless of whether they placed it or not)
that's intended, thats how it works now in minetest since 0.4.14.

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Were these changes made in the server code or in the mod(s)?
I hope that the MT developers keep in mind that admins prefer deciding what and how things are to work on their servers.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

in minetest_game, you can customize it any way you want.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I have updated to latest build of 4.14 and there were some changes.
I want to keep the server as current as possible without too many shocks to the system.

Most of the old textures are added in the jt_mods mod to make the server look like the old textures, some have been omitted.

simple skins now crashes the game, and I am looking into fixing it with a new inventory, be patient.

the lighting error with slabs was my fault, I forgot to comment out one line and it made all stairs luminous, to fix type /mapfix in any odd looking areas.

More later.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Thanks for working on it, Maikerumine. As long as the game is still playable, I'm happy!

Quick question? Eddd asked me to contact you regarding a pro block (or two?) above his property, belonging to Ludik. He was wondering if you would be willing to remove the pro blocks? Apparently Eddd has been hoping to expand, and the pro blocks seem to be abandoned.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:Thanks for working on it, Maikerumine. As long as the game is still playable, I'm happy!

Quick question? Eddd asked me to contact you regarding a pro block (or two?) above his property, belonging to Ludik. He was wondering if you would be willing to remove the pro blocks? Apparently Eddd has been hoping to expand, and the pro blocks seem to be abandoned.
Ludik has been placing pro blocks above everybody's property. Gold found some over his property.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Due to unforseen circumstances all my servers will be shut down for a few days starting this evening. No resets will occur, just offline.

Sorry all.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Was watching one of your videos where you credit me with creating the valleys mapgen. It was actually created by Gael de Sailly as a lua mapgen mod, then converted to C++ by Duane who also added the massive cavern code from my 'subterrain' mod viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9601
Any possible future core mapgen made by me will have these caverns.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

maikerumine wrote:Due to unforseen circumstances all my servers will be shut down for a few days starting this evening. No resets will occur, just offline.

Sorry all.
Yikes! Came on to clear inventory for reset and no connecty. Hope you really don't reset, I've just shy of a stack of MESE blocks, and like 2 and a half stacks of diamonds in my inventory.
*bites nails to bone*