[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 178

RealSerVesta

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by RealSerVesta » Post

Showing my second and next Pixel Art o.< JT2 <3 2nd day*

Attachments
screenshot_20170829_000632.png
screenshot_20170829_000632.png (219.2 KiB) Viewed 633 times

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

In consideration of concerns about the proposed land value tax, I've decided to postpone its introduction until November. The tax will be phased in beginning with Spawntown and the boundaries will be extended later in the year.

However, since the reporting system is already in place and ready to go, I've decided to make the Web interface available to the public. DataMiner is a suite of statistical tools that I developed to review and evaluate land claims in and around Spawntown. Datasets are compiled and collated automatically each day, and the results are published on the JT2 site:

http://jt2.intraversal.net/dataminer/

This is a raw DataMiner report generated via shell script. It is identical to the Web interface, only without the graphical elements:

A variety of different maps are available to assist in locating and assessing land claims in and around Spawntown. For example, this map depicts areas owned by inactive players, limited to a period of 6-9 months.

And this map depicts an ownership distribution matrix with sample sizes of 100 x 100 meters:

Of course, it is also possible to isolate land claims of individual players which will prove essential for tax payment purposes. For example, here is a map depicting areas owned by sorcerykid:

Best of all, the DataMiner reporting system is designed to be both modular and extensible. Eventually, I might incorporate other player statistics including mining, building, vending, PVP, etc. The possibilities are endless to say the least. As soon as additional features become available, I'll post updates here :)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Sorcerykid, I can't access the link to the dataminer.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

The server clock is now sync'd via NTP each day. So restarts will occur exactly on the hour (rather than ten minutes early, as has been seemingly customary).

Also there was a typo in my previous message. The land value tax will be introduced in October for Spawntown, whereas the surrounding areas will be incorporated in November.

On a related note, if all goes as planned, the DataMiner reports will generate automatically beginning tonight after the server restart.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

What about that broken link, sorcerykid?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Per Wuzzy's request, I addressed several lingering bugs with the Inspection Wand last week:
  • Owner names are now shown for steel doors and steel trapdoors.
  • Light levels are now evaluated on the face of the node being punched.
  • Hunger and breath values for players are now calculated properly.
And most importantly, no more annoying misspelling of "cactuc" armor :D

PS. For those wondering, the minimum light level for crop growth is 80%. So players that intend to farm underground, should use the inspection wand to gauge the range of their light sources.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Hi, sorcerykid! Can you ban please Dobkins565? That players was insulting me. He/she is Russian.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

*looks through the list* Whew! im not on the list of taxpayers!
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I will temporarily mute player Dobkins565. However, since I can't read Russian, I have no way of verifying whether the player actually broke any rules. After all, insults are not necessarily grounds for a ban (unless it borders on bullying or trolling).

Arisha_L
In-game: Arisha_L

by Arisha_L » Post

This user actually has shown itself to be not the best way. Profanity and insults. I've already closed the chat temporarily, but he apparently decided to continue...

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

that dataminer thing looks really interesting. to what data does it have access? can any node be investigated? like for example the age of bones?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

twoelk wrote:that dataminer thing looks really interesting. to what data does it have access? can any node be investigated? like for example the age of bones?
Yes, any nodes within a specified region can be analyzed. For example, it could generate a map depicting the locations of all bones that are less than 7 days old within Spawntown. In fact, to test this theory, I performed just such a query and these are the results:

I simply added a "bones" rule in the dataminer mod to select nodes "bones:bones" where curtime - voxel_meta.fields.oldtime < 604800. Then, in the shell script, I changed the headings and included a new render-type in lib/collate.lua to draw circles with a radius of 3 and print the results in the headings. All in all, barely ten minutes of work (altho I want to make it even more streamlined eventually with a variety of builtin rule-sets, so that queries like this can be as straightforward as an SQL statement :)

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

that is indeed most interesting. I had done similar things using the mapper and combining base maps with overlays.
I investigated nodes such as chests, ovens, torches, rails, bones and protectors to study the distribution of players and the paths they took. The bone roads made such maps a bit wierd but still interesting.

Thinking of the bones,
now if one would search for bones with wooden armor inside this may indicate where most noobs perish that don't even know how to use armor, assuming that those below zero drowned because they did not know how to swim or their app/device does not enable them to. So maybe a way to identify cheap mobile-mt-forks.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Road construction on Acacia Blvd is completed. The bridge has been dismantled and the roadway is now at surface level between Prairie St and Brookfield Rd. I also finalized renovations to the north side canal with crossing gates at Acacia Blvd. Hopefully these improvements will better suit existing and future development along this important corridor.

In addition, the following properties were recently reclaimed by the city pursuant to the Anti-Squatters Ordinance. The orange highlights denote direct acquisitions by publicworks and Nemo.

PS. I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to igoreg2005 for helping me transfer ownership of the public infrastructure from sorcerykid a couple weeks ago. It was a very labor intensive project involving hundreds of protectors, but working together we got it done in a few hours!

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

I just joined the game and I got starter items. wtf happened?
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

iisu wrote:I just joined the game and I got starter items. wtf happened?
If you haven't logged into the server for several weeks, then it's possible your player file was deleted. I can probably restore your inventory from one of the recent archives.

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

sorcerykid wrote:If you haven't logged into the server for several weeks, then it's possible your player file was deleted. I can probably restore your inventory from one of the recent archives.
It's ok. Last time we talked on this topic you were against it so I didn't expect it to happen. I thought something happened with the server.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Alright, so leah123 told me that she got banned for killing the admin. That's just messed up! This is a PVP server! And isn't the admin supposed to wear admin armor???

Also, why am I banned from the SITE just because I "did" something in the game?

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

iisu wrote:It's ok. Last time we talked on this topic you were against it so I didn't expect it to happen. I thought something happened with the server.
It's not intentional, it's bug. I suspect it might be the result of a server crash, since not all players are affected. I haven't been able to track down the cause. But I will investigate further when I have time.

Thankfully, all player data is routinely backed up. So in the unlikely chance it happens again, I should be able to restore your inventory from an archive. However, it might be wise to offload to a locked chest just in case.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

BBmine wrote:Alright, so leah123 told me that she got banned for killing the admin. That's just messed up! This is a PVP server! And isn't the admin supposed to wear admin armor???

Why is this post not being noticed? I want ANSWERS!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

BBmine wrote:
BBmine wrote:Alright, so leah123 told me that she got banned for killing the admin. That's just messed up! This is a PVP server! And isn't the admin supposed to wear admin armor???

SerVesta claims that the player leah123 logged in just a few days ago. This is confirmed in the server logs. So nobody was banned for killing the admin. More of your false news, I take it.

And you were informed weeks ago why you were banned from my server. You are welcome to review this thread for the specific post in question. You know exactly the circumstances that led to that decision.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
BBmine wrote:

SerVesta claims that the player leah123 logged in just a few days ago. This is confirmed in the server logs. So nobody was banned for killing the admin. More of your false news, I take it.

And you were informed weeks ago why you were banned from my server. You are welcome to review this thread for the specific post in question. You know exactly the circumstances that led to that decision.
It's not my fake news! I'm just telling you what she told me. You'll have to talk to her.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

/me Grabs popcorn....
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

RealSerVesta

by RealSerVesta » Post

Srry for that.. but idk why is work of sorcerykid talk with leah123 when.. should be backwards, aside if it is something she told you, u first need think if that was true or have some of lie, because any1 in today can invent a story.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Also, that still doesn't explain why I was banned from the website!