[Server] Just Test Tribute

How many of you have ever played on Lag's original Just Test server?

YES
51%
NO
49%

Total votes: 180

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] Just Test Tribute

by BBmine » Post

Beast24 wrote:
BBmine wrote:Sorcerykid said that she fixed it so that now you can blast off unlimited ammounts of TNT and the server won't care. XD YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<:D
Is this true or is it a trick to get someone baned
It's true. If it wasn't true, and I ended up getting someone banned, the only one to get banned for it would be me for lying. XD

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

down again

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Baggins you are not the spokesperson for me or the server. Please just step back when it comes to making official announcements about policies and rules.

Also please keep in mind that I pay for hosting this server out of my own pocket. I have to work a job as well. So I can't always be monitoring these forums. But I do read this thread as often as possible. I am also well aware of when the server goes offline. Thank you all for your consideration.
Last edited by sorcerykid on Sat Jan 21, 2017 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

why wrote:down again
Hey why. It was a weird "crash". I was there when it happened, and the server just froze, not crash. :P

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Baggins you are not the spokesperson for me or the server. Please just step back when it comes to making official announcements about policies and rules. Please remember, I pay for hosting this server out of my own pocket, and I have to work a job, so I can't always be monitoring these forums. Thank you all for your consideration.
I'm sorry sorcerykid. I guess I should just play Minetest and stop being your mouthpiece.

I guess I thought I was just being friendly..... :P

Beast24
IRC: Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

Server is down

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Great news everybody! I finally tracked down the cause of nearly all the server crashes this past month. As it turns out, the tnt mod was not at fault. It was a bug in the way Minetest stores objects in the environment. Basically, whenever too many objects are detected in one area of the map (such as the drops from a large explosion), then the entire map is cleared of objects, including players, leading to any number of adverse side-effects. For the technical details, refer to my bug report here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16483

This issue is not isolated to JT2 either. In fact, it has plagued many other servers over the past year:

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4067

I've already fixed the faulty object storage methods and I've completed numerous other improvements under the hood as well. This latest build should be ready for deployment after some extensive testing, hopefully by this weekend!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Great news everybody! I finally tracked down the cause of nearly all the server crashes this past month. As it turns out, the tnt mod was not at fault. It was a bug in the way Minetest stores objects in the environment. Basically, whenever too many objects are detected in one area of the map (such as the drops from a large explosion), then the entire map is cleared of objects, including players, leading to any number of adverse side-effects. For the technical details, refer to my bug report here:

This issue is not isolated to JT2 either. In fact, it has plagued many other servers over the past year:

I've already fixed the faulty object storage methods and I've completed numerous other improvements under the hood as well. This latest build should be ready for deployment after some extensive testing, hopefully by this weekend!
Yay! I'm glad to see the bug is fixed (we hope, unless minetest griefs us again). Minetest might have some bugs, but it will ALWAYS be better than minecr*ft :D I'm not sure if noob academy had/has that problem, but nobody plays on there, and I'm not a very good admin, so it could be crashing under my nose :P

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a heads up, it seems there's still lingering issues with the notorious "bed bug". I updated the mod last week so beds can no longer be claimed by sleeping in them, thereby overriding protection. All the bed nodes should be reset automatically, but if you encounter some that are still "owned" and cannot be removed, please notify me.

Oh, and on a related note, we shan't forget...

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

BBmine reminds me of myself.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
--- snip ---

Oh, and on a related note, we shan't forget...

Classy sign ;)

P.S. Love the pink Superpick! (maybe Superpick?)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ABJ wrote:BBmine reminds me of myself.
Really? How? Also, didn't I wish on bad fairy that you would play on this server? XD

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Whatever you just had with sorcerykid reminded me of the numerous conflicts with admins and mods I've gotten myself into for trivial reasons or things that are entirely my fault. Especially the Xanadu Server disaster and how much IceAgeComing despises me.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ABJ wrote:Whatever you just had with sorcerykid reminded me of the numerous conflicts with admins and mods I've gotten myself into for trivial reasons or things that are entirely my fault. Especially the Xanadu Server disaster and how much IceAgeComing despises me.
Conflict? That was a compliment about sorcerykid and minetest, and a complaint about minecr*ft. :D

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Great news everybody! I finally tracked down the cause of nearly all the server crashes this past month. As it turns out, the tnt mod was not at fault. It was a bug in the way Minetest stores objects in the environment. Basically, whenever too many objects are detected in one area of the map (such as the drops from a large explosion), then the entire map is cleared of objects, including players, leading to any number of adverse side-effects. For the technical details, refer to my bug report here:

Good work tracking down the cause! Thanks. :) Nice to have no more break outs of most of the server crashes.
However - I have noticed that with the recent new tnt code, not all the tnt will blow up. There will be a few tnts lying on the floor when I come to pick up the loot...

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I think a serial killer signed up and played the server.
sonofsam was online:
I'm scared now. :(
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

hahaha
As long as Hitler doesn't log in

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

*sigh*

Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

lol i am friends with sonofsam on survival server 521 i gave him some of my land by my base

Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

and can some one post a current map pls

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Well, for those who aren't bothered to guess, Hitler has in fact logged in. And I have proof.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Can you please update to hbarmor 0.2.0? Because the background image of the “shield” icons is missing.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

By popular demand I've installed Wuzzy's HUD bars mod, which is a more robust alternative to the former hud. I also enabled a hunger mechanic which I think was long overdue (after all, living in perpetuity without the need to harvest and consume food is not survival :P)
843jdc wrote:hahaha
Adolf_Hitler has already been permabanned.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:By popular demand I've installed Wuzzy's HUD bars mod, which is a more robust alternative to the former hud. I also enabled a hunger mechanic which I think was long overdue (after all, living in perpetuity without the need to harvest and consume food is not survival :P)
843jdc wrote:hahaha
Adolf_Hitler has already been permabanned.
Thanks for adding the hunger bar! Now I have something to do with those 500 apples I'm collecting.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Bug:items that otler players wield are shown as unknown,
Bug2:players constantly appear and disappear.