[Server] Not So Simple Server

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: [Server] Not So Simple Server

by taikedz » Post

I've brought something back online. Unmoderated, minimally maintained.
  • REF DELETED - This server is dead. Someone else has started hosting a server under the same name, but it ain't me. *My* server has been dead since at least summer 2019
Last edited by taikedz on Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

Continued making adjustments. Most mobs should now be fixed - ice mobs don't ice bones, spider ducks don't obliterate protections, and so far most of the mobs I've tested don't crash the game.

Digging cobwebs gives cotton strands, so you'll be able to get wool - and you'll be wanting that for your backpacks!

I've also fixed the spears so that they're more effective at hitting mobs when thrown.

Protectors also act as inhibitors, all inhibition happens in a 8x8x8 radius around the block, or in a 16x16x16 block if you wish to think of it that way.

Other non-NSSM items of note:

* You can invite other players to your chat channel
* You can invite other players to share your spawn

I encourage you to use these facilities. They allow for team play, and also I spent a lot of time on them :-p

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

taikedz wrote:
  • * not-so-simple-server.duckdns.org
    * port 30000
Hi!
I tryed, but so far the server was laggy for me, and that lag extremely increased when mob was close, so I couldn`t do anything then.

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

parasite wrote: Hi!
I tryed, but so far the server was laggy for me, and that lag extremely increased when mob was close, so I couldn`t do anything then.
Hullo,

Sorry to hear it was laggy - that's not what I expect.... The server is located in the UK, are you playing from outside Europe perchance...?

Thanks for taking a look!

parasite

by parasite » Post

taikedz wrote:Sorry to hear it was laggy - that's not what I expect....
But maybe other players will have less lag. It is still funny to see all those creatures spawn all around you and below too. Also that was funny when soon after login my spawn was covered with spider webs :D
taikedz wrote:The server is located in the UK, are you playing from outside Europe perchance...?
Well, it seems that the UK is outside the Europe now, and maybe that explain why connection from Europe can be so laggy ;)) (bad joke)

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

parasite wrote:Also that was funny when soon after login my spawn was covered with spider webs :D
... I'm thinking of adding functionality to the NSSM hoes which allow cotton harvesting, because those spider webs have been the bane of everybody so far... :-/
parasite wrote:Well, it seems that the UK is outside the Europe now, and maybe that explain why connection from Europe can be so laggy ;)) (bad joke)
I know :'-( :sadface: :despair: :hummus:

parasite

by parasite » Post

taikedz wrote:... I'm thinking of adding functionality to the NSSM hoes which allow cotton harvesting, because those spider webs have been the bane of everybody so far... :-/
But swords can harvest those webs. Cobble sword can`t do that, but iron sword can. Also your default sword, that green one, wich looks like cucumber, can dig those webs, so I guess that clearing from (or harvesting) spiders webs is general property of all swords stronger than cobble one.

Edit: You have an unknown item -> mobs:rabbid_hide

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

@parasite There have been more spider webs than you can imagine by the jungles....!
Thanks for letting me know about missing item

@all
I also have had problems with the randomized spawner, meaning new players have not been receiving spawn points, please bear with as I sort it out :-(

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Just so you know, if anyone manages to get to Morlendor, several of the 7 weapons are broken, and will crash the server when used, specifically the Sword of Envy, and the Axe of Pride.
What is SCP-055?

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

Is that on the server or in the original mod ? I've been using those weapons for fun locally and in my own space... no crash so far ... unless it was a recent update...

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Well, if you've fixed them so that they now work, great.
What is SCP-055?

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

I did work on the weapons a week or so ago... and they've been working fine. I do know I made a change to one of them which broke something (I do not recall what), but I backed that change out....

You can give it a try in your local game if you want https://github.com/taikedz-mt/nssm

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

Right. War on webs.

The NSSM hoes were pretty pointless; they have been replaced with Scickles. These Scickles (ant and felucco) make quick work of whole clumps of cobwebs!

Also the Icelamander boss is back in action (it was trapping itself in its own ice....!), and some mob fixes were added - birds don't just sink in water anymore >:-)

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

I lazily updated the server to Minetest 5.0

I haven't checked mods for compatibility yet. There might be breakages. Let me know here if any.

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

I've turned off the global chat again because of spammers. You need to use the "/channel" command to join a channel. You can "/channel join channelname" and "/channel invite playername" to talk to friends.

deathless4ever
GitHub: deathless4ever
In-game: deathless4ever

by deathless4ever » Post

Is the server still online? I tried to join when i came across this and the connection timed out each time i tried.

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

To be clear. Server is d, e, a, d. I have not beeen maintaining anything in Minetest space for a long time now. I want to get back to this stuff, but from a modder point of view. Server hosting is a lot of work....

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

taikedz wrote: To be clear. Server is d, e, a, d. I have not beeen maintaining anything in Minetest space for a long time now. I want to get back to this stuff, but from a modder point of view. Server hosting is a lot of work....
That's understandable. The version of your server that I played on for a while was very intresting with those not so simple mobs - but it also had problems due to players dying too often (especially in the beginning) - and even later on it was difficult to build something larger.

Perhaps your not so simple mobs could pose a challenge in an area a bit further away from spawn on a server where advanced players seek new challenges? Hostile wildlife instead of hostile monsters. Could be great :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

well @taikedz i plan to host my server in a complete hard to play one.. with this mod.. will be friendly but with this mod in non protected areas XD

project will be at https://codeberg.org/minenux and chat group admins at https://t.me/s/minecraft_linux

taikedz

by taikedz » Post

Once again, to be sure

This server is dead. Someone else has started hosting a server under the same name, but it ain't me. *My* server has been dead since at least summer 2019

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

hi @taikedz i hosted a NSSS with NSSM from your git fork.. this time reduced the mods due the huge load of media, by example not usin your rspawn, and use a reduced version.. thanks for the 0.4 branch.. it saves my life.. its working pretty good and nssb (mordenlor) is also available from you..

i put a note in the nssm git commit about that .. i discovered that could be use with nether.. of course will be some checks for.. around the altitude.. but your git fork does not have issue manager..
taikedz wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2016 16:30
And don't try playing on a mobile device. For your own sake.
holy heck that's true.. that's why my server hosted minimal need mods, for cheap devices.. also must reduce the difficult to halft of.. was so hard to play.. almost impossible.. is online at subs.fusilsystem.com:5280 is anarchi so dont ask for justice
@all
I also have had problems with the randomized spawner, meaning new players have not been receiving spawn points, please bear with as I sort it out :-(
ohh so was a bug. soved here: https://github.com/taikedz-mt/rspawn/pull/16 currently workign with uggly hacks in that server