[Server] IFS (IhrFussel's Server)

MommyKat
In-game: MommyKat DrClaw AriaJade

Re: [Server] IhrFussel's Server

by MommyKat » Post

Wow, so this slowpoke finally got around to joining the forums!
And yes, MommyKat, DrClaw, and AriaJade are the same person. Get over it.
I will be starting on the University of Azure soon, and I'd love to get some ideas as to what the university's focus should be. Arts, technology, agriculture...etc. If you have some ideas, submit them to /azurereq or drop a note at the mayors office.
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

"Love feels a lot like tomatoes"-Candace Flynn

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Quick update to everyone,haters will be happy.

I'm quitting minetest for good
I'd like to say a great thanks to the following people:MerleManga,TenPlus1,mcg,shivajiva,Blu,dman,ihrfussel,MrHandsomepig,Miguu,Klitzing,Vlad,BlueSky and Power2

Thanks guys for being there for me over my years on minetest (since 2013 I think) I hope u guys will have fun for your remaining time on minetest
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

MommyKat

by MommyKat » Post

As some of you may have (or definitely SHOULD have) noticed, Fussel has made a lot of changes and additions to the server. He didn't ask me to ask this, but I'm gonna.
What is your favorite change, and why? And on the flip side, what is your least favorite thing, and why?
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Am I allowed to answer those? xD

MommyKat wrote:What is your favorite change, and why?
There's many changes that I like... but wait, is it the more recent changes or all changes?

If it's more recently, I like that owned animals are safe from player attacks now on the entire map... though some player might hate that because they like to kill the animal (we're watching you)... but the animals will not survive if Fussel made /clearobjects ... :P

For all changes, I like the chat autotranslate and translate command because it's easier to communicate with players who don't understand English.

MommyKat wrote:And on the flip side, what is your least favorite thing, and why?
Blood Night... that's all... xD It's quite annoying when monsters spawned while you're building...

I've been quite busy in my life... My temporary work's time is not even consistent and I've had night shifts for a few day... I just get back from 11PM-8AM work and buying some stuffs before I get to forum... Luckily I got 2 days off which is today and tomorrow, but I'm going back to university tomorrow for one day for Diploma's academic clearance (getting transcript, paying any other pending student bills, paying fines, confirming the final results etc.)... I'll send my phone (which I use to play Minetest) for battery replacement after I get back from the academic clearance, because I need to have enough money for the clearance (and the transport)... I don't really know how much it will cost me... xD

Also, I'll know which university I'll be going for Bachelor on this 4th August and the semester will start in September... (For MQF levels, Diploma is level 4, Bachelor is level 6) I could play Minetest more when I get to university as the amount hours of the class is much lesser than the hours of this temporary work... I've even bought 8 packets (1 box) of instant noodle (locally manufactured) that I want to take with me to there (expire date is next year so I have long time to finish them).
Spoiler
The box

Btw, I just realized that the cashier scanned the packets 8 times, instead of scanning it once and key in number of packets... I realized it while editing the image of the receipt for use on some text on how to use the contactless bank debit card.
Receipt image hotlinked from blogger... the full text is not published on my website yet but the image is uploaded there... In case image didn't load, click it to open image directly...
Btw, the topic's second post is updated.
Removed LMNP & Fionajaynee from moderators list... Added Cursedragon to moderators list... Readded unicamerally & jujujl to moderators list (welcome back!)... // Removed Cursedragon from helpers list... Added QUEEN_OF_DARKNESS, melody9077, Jean_Neil & Shara to helpers list... // Added list from new location system, old list retained (I've something to do with it later)...
Attachments
noodle
noodle
_20170730_130236.JPG (898.03 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
[she/her] Malay translator πŸ‡²πŸ‡Ύ | Twitter–Fediverse–YouTube–Liberapay–Discord | Alphabet Soup

MerleManga
In-game: MerleManga or WarriorDuck

by MerleManga » Post

Heyo, guys! :)

Fussel and me built a Battle Arena. It's a place where you can play PvP matches. One match ends after 3 minutes and you're only able to use swords and crossbows.
To be able to get there, you have to send /fair on, which disables your fly, fast and moon privs, and /pvpon, which enables PvP.

~Built by IhrFussel and MerleManga
Get the f*** outta my room, I'm playing Minetest.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

does that mean no using armor?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

IhrFussel
GitHub: IhrFussel
IRC: IhrFussel
In-game: IhrFussel

by IhrFussel » Post

Stix wrote:does that mean no using armor?
Armor is allowed, the Battle Arena will only restrict the tools you can use for fighting.

IhrFussel

Re: [Server] IFS (IhrFussel's Server)

by IhrFussel » Post

New Server Features

Custom HP system

The server doesn't use the builtin HP system the engine provides anymore, because it is capped at 20 HP per player. The new custom coded system allows almost infinite HP.

The max HP a player can have depends on the level (level*10)

Improved Quest System

Server quests now give individual amounts of EXP on completion.

New nametag features

When players take damage or heal, their nametag will turn red or green for 5 seconds and display their current health on the map.

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

when u tyna think evil but theres a moderator on your shoulders

literally
Attachments
lolol.PNG
lolol.PNG (225.01 KiB) Viewed 1605 times

Vlad_plays_minetest
In-game: Vlad Lone_Scowt

by Vlad_plays_minetest » Post

after my entire time on minetest i decide to finally try this server and its amazing :D
So rusty...I haven't played this in years

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

This is actually a very impressive server. A lot of time and effort was obviously put into developing the subgame and the Website. I login every few weeks just to see what cool, new features have been added (wish I had more time to play, but such is the busy schedule).

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Is this subgame available for download?
What is SCP-055?

AngelX007GR
GitHub: AngelX007GR
IRC: AngelX007GR
In-game: AngelX007GR

by AngelX007GR » Post

How to send pictures on forum?

xXHakimXx
In-game: xXHakimXx

by xXHakimXx » Post

Lol it's me :D anyways the server rocks

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

AngelX007GR wrote:How to send pictures on forum?
You can either send picture with external website or attach to forum (only works for smaller sized picture).

The steps are as follows...

-----
(A) Send picture with external website.
-----
1. Go to pasteboard.co and paste the picture if it's in clipboard (computer), or drag the picture file and drop into the website (computer) or select the picture to upload (mobile)
2. Click on "Upload"
3. After uploading is complete, click "go to image"
4. Copy the embed URL at top right corner
5. Put the URL inside the image code ...

Code: Select all

[img]put the URL here[/img]
-----

OR

-----
(B) Attach to forum (only works for smaller sized images).
-----
1. Click on "Upload attachment" below the reply post.
2. Click on "Choose file" and choose the picture you want to upload.
3. Click on "Add the file".
4. The uploaded image will now appear as "posted attachments".
5. Right-click the picture file name (computer) or long-press it (mobile) and select "copy link address" or "copy link target"
6. Put the copied link inside the image code ...

[img]put the link here[/img]
-----
Attachments
attach2.png
attach2.png (44.44 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
attach1.png
attach1.png (44.69 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
[she/her] Malay translator πŸ‡²πŸ‡Ύ | Twitter–Fediverse–YouTube–Liberapay–Discord | Alphabet Soup

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Vlad_plays_minetest wrote:after my entire time on minetest i decide to finally try this server and its amazing :D
welcome to the server... xD
sorcerykid wrote:This is actually a very impressive server. A lot of time and effort was obviously put into developing the subgame and the Website. I login every few weeks just to see what cool, new features have been added (wish I had more time to play, but such is the busy schedule).
IhrFussel has been adding many features, tweaking many mods and in-contact with Minetest developers via IRC and GitHub to discuss on Minetest bugs, features and mods codding...

I'm also quite busy which is why you don't really see me in game. I'll play once in a while when I'm not busy but usually I join the game because I want to make my project alive and working. For now, the line between Little Japan and Papyville has completed. I'm trying to do the small things before open that part to public, and then I'll continue with the other parts - MelonCity, Modern City, Camskycity, Iconic City and up to Spawn... maybe I will connect my underground train network to Neon's subway network via walking tunnel, or integrated station -- like a "carts hub" ? (since we use carts as the train :P) -- to allow passenger from my line change to Neon's line that goes to different cities and vice-versa, only if it's allowed...

Though I'm trying hard to finish my project, I'm still helping the Japanese and Chinese whenever they're stuck because they can't understand English and the translate feature in the server sometimes didn't help. I wish I could return to Android Minetest to help them as I can play and chat normally in Japanese and Chinese on it, but the Android phone is sent for inspection because of hardware failure and I'm now playing on Windows Minetest. The downside on Windows is that I had to switch back and forth between Minetest (to play) and the server website (to chat) since the Windows build can't support typing Japanese and Chinese for some reason (?).
Chem871 wrote:Is this subgame available for download?
The server is actually running Minetest Game with texture pack Summerfields, it looks like different subgame because IhrFussel has added and edited many different mods, and created some scripts so that it can sync with the website and do more interesting things. I don't know if he would release the mods collections or not but I bet it is very complicated to set up for anyone else even if the collection is available.

At least you can have the feeling if you use the same texture pack and install some of the mods. xD
You can always send /mods in-game to see which mods are enabled, but not all of the mods will be available since some of them are created by IhrFussel himself and some mods are edited to give nice gameplay on the server.
xXHakimXx wrote:Lol it's me :D anyways the server rocks
Yes, now go back to sleep please... :P You looks so tired.

AngelX007GR

by AngelX007GR » Post

Ok thank ya:)

AngelX007GR

by AngelX007GR » Post

Omg!Thank you very much!I did it:D

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

A very quick update before I go to sleep (3:30AM at the time of typing xD)

Boukennomichi Intercity Train section between Little Japan and MelonCity is now completed and opened to public! You can hop in carts in any cities on the section and travel in the correct direction (the direction is stated on the blue sign)

|----------Completed!------|
     [-------------|--------------|-----------|------------------|--------------------|-------------]
camskycity    little japan    papyville    MelonCity    Little Japan Iceland    Iconic City    Modern City 
I've also tested on the mechanism that passenger need to do to stop at particular station (that is hold down D on computer or hold down right arrow on Android app when approaching station) and it seems to work if you're not lagging but it will missed if you lag. I'll think how to ensure you'll stop if you really want to stop.

This is part of my project. xD (Permission to build stations on the cities are granted by their owners)

That's all for now, hop on carts and get going on the rail! and good night!

IhrFussel

by IhrFussel » Post

NEW FEATURE:

Certain owned mobs now can level up ingame and have their HP/damage values increased.

List of supported mobs:
- Dogs
- Cats
- NPCs

The mobs will gain EXP after they killed a monster. When the amount is enough they will level up (global server message sent and name tag of mob updated)

Your tamed mobs can also die so always watch their HP ... outside of battles the mobs will heal by 3 every 2 seconds. You can also feed them to heal them quicker.

If you have any more questions about the level system of mobs or another topic regarding my server, feel free to ask here =)

AngelX007GR

by AngelX007GR » Post

How to tame NPCs?

MerleManga
In-game: MerleManga or WarriorDuck

by MerleManga » Post

AngelX007GR wrote:How to tame NPCs?
With bread and cooked meat.
Get the f*** outta my room, I'm playing Minetest.

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

I love this server I used to play when it came out (that's why its filled with unknown nodes)but I'd like to ask the Admin to change the nodes to the updated versions since locked shared chests are updated but the old ones r unknown nodes.

I've seen a server own change all the old node to stone before

MommyKat

by MommyKat » Post

Hey all y'all! Just a quick memo that I'm going to be participating in a writing competition, so I will probably be MIA for a month. I might drop in now and then, but don't count on it. I WILL however periodically check my forum messages, so if you have some super-important question, you can message me there.
See ya on the flip side!

IhrFussel

by IhrFussel » Post

IMPROVED EXP CALCULATION:

Killed mobs no longer just give you the same amount of EXP per kill.

The amount depends on the max HP of the mob you killed.