[Server] Must Test

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

Re: [Server] Must Test

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

:D That's awesome news! And happy squeaky snappy new year!

Spoiler
Nakilashiva greedily mining XP from the XP black market: She was caught and photographed here with the illegal goods in her very own paws, even having the audacity to pose for a picture with it:

Nakilashiva is now on a hit list for the server's most wanted criminals.
29 mese blocks :O WHAT!

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Bad girl

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

I have really got to write down my password for this server. Guessing didn't work tonight.

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

oh wow. Alot of people from when i use to play are still around.
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Yep. PurpleOne seems to have moved to another star system.

Safarie
GitHub: Safarie
IRC: Safarie
In-game: Rascal

by Safarie » Post

If it hadn't been for Dragons I would have abandoned the server all together. That outback has a mean streak

Safarie

by Safarie » Post

Oh, and hello again 843jdc. I'm glad I'm not the only rusty gamer around, though I appear to be a little wiser than you since I wrote down my passwords ;)

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Being in the outback can be rough :)
I have a paper with passwords written on both sides of the paper. Small print also. Fills both pages. I didn't write down MT server passwords. I played so often, I didn't think I'd need to. Notice those key words: "I didn't think" :)

Safarie

by Safarie » Post

Well your guessing must have worked, because you logged in somehow. Please tell me you wrote down the password this time...

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

I encrypted it then I wrote it down.
:)

Safarie

by Safarie » Post

Ah, smart.

not2stressed

by not2stressed » Post

I don't know if GoldFireUn / MustTest will read this, but the Outback "Hourly" map on the website has not been updating for quite some time. It stopped around the same time as the "Roaming" map stopped updating, but that has been fixed. Great server, it really should get some more love by more players!

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_7kuGuVylOg
I made a video about Must Test!
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

DragonsVolcanoDance

In loving memory of Extrem's career, the cowardly thief and murderer who back stabbed dedicated players to take their items:

----

He quit a few days after these events transpired.

Extrem's "Base" (which is a very strong word to use for that thing that he built) - was turned into a basalt factory. The lava/water grief didn't go to waste however, as much of the basalt in it was used to build roads in HUD town, the new project being erected at 0 x 0 HUD coordinates. I will be posting some screenshots of that soon. :)

DragonsVolcanoDance

The rise and demise of ducky, the server's latest neighborhood moron

Introduction
Hello folks! In more recent events, a player named "ducky" aka "bobman" aka "duckduck" was causing problems on the server. At the time of this post, he has apparently quit after discovering the server integrity was too much for him to handle. (hehe)

Unfortunately, people like ducky are attention suckers, and after getting bored of (or in this case, quitting) a server, they tend to seek out a new server to harass. So to any server owners reading this, keep an eye out for this guy.

Long Story Short:
For those that wish to have the short version of the story, ducky was a cheater with the intent to crash the server and make it unplayable for regulars. Between annoying people with his chat claiming that "he was the king of the server now" his favorite pastime was using a bot to spam the server and modifying a map chunk of the Overworld by filling it with an extremely high amount of metadata. (Anyone who loaded the area would have crashed the server)
After a few days of his self-proclaimed "reign" (which was incredibly pathetic) some new code that mysteriously
was added to the server sent him and his spam/crash bots metaphorically flying. He hasn't returned since. Maybe couldn't find a new bot to download that would have worked against the recent server patch. :)

Long Story Long:

Chapter 1: The Marking
Spoiler
Below you can see one of ducky's earliest server appearances. He was already cheating at this point and harassing TurnipHarald.

For those unaware, registered cheaters are automatically kicked out of city areas

After getting bored of TurnipHarald, players started "mysteriously" getting marked.

Marking a player causes their coordinates to appear when they chat. A useful tool for those wishing to hunt and kill a player.

ducky, of course said he didn't know how to mark people:

The community was not convinced:

Though many players were marked over and over again, ducky (reportedly) never attacked a player he marked. Maybe he was too much of a coward? :)

We end this chapter on this note:
Chapter 2: The First Crashes and Spam
Spoiler
ducky, in his ultimate wisdom and mind for unique griefs, set a few trees on fire. (Like we haven't seen that before 1,000 times) After getting bored of doing this, his new goal was set on crashing the server by generating large amount of map chunks.
It was easy to spot him as the culprit, as the server cleverly names the player!

His insults were also very unimaginative:
eww, that's so gross!

As ducky was getting quite annoying at this point, I attempted to get him to come out of his rat nest hiding place so that I could kill him, but like a coward he hid behind his computer while typing up hilarious threats:

Apparently something I said triggered him, and he decided to crash the server again:

Like a typical script kitty, he downloaded another bot that filled up every available user spot on the server with bots. Since chat spamming is impossible, he flew all the accounts into the roof of the outback, which caused them to get caught in the Void, thus spamming the server for quite a while with server messages.

You can see a video of that here:
https://youtu.be/RrvkcZQB02M

Unfortunately, at this time MustTest was unavailable, and this spam went on unchecked, until Nakilashiva came up with a clever idea on how to stop it. While ducky's bots were disconnected for brief times, we filled up all server spots with our own alts to lock him out of the server. It did work for a while, and eventually he gave up and went back to typing up garbage chat.
Chapter 3: The Temper Tantrum
Spoiler

ducky was baaaack! This time apparently he had set up a "lag machine" and claimed we would never find it.
Nobody tell ducky this, but his "lag machine" was found.

In a twist of events, ducky got brave enough to finally reveal his own coordinates!

I was quite determined to poke a hole through his massive ego and kill him, even after he claimed "his armor was just too good" LOL. He died in a very disappointing way. I was hoping for more of a challenge.

He then threw the biggest temper tantrum yet, and decided to crash the server with bobman, by logging him into the mapchunk filled with 30 MBs(!) of metadata. Seriously, the time this 12 year old has to waste!

After a while of this incredibly boring server abuse, ducky mysteriously gave up - we're going to guess his mom made him do his homework.

Chapter 4: The Demise
Spoiler
After ducky (that script kitty!) went to do his schoolwork (unwillingly, with lots of screaming involved) his bots were dismantled. The techniques he used to crash the server were patched, and the site of the crime has been memorialized by MustTest.

ducky managed to shove an insane amount of text into a pile of signs at the crash site. Here is what one of the signs looked like before it was removed by MustTest. Just hovering over the sign caused my client to experience extremely high lag:

MustTest decided to add his own touch:

MustTest seemed to be having fun writing on the criminal signs:
(He added a trigger warning after)

For those wishing to view the crime site for themselves, the coordinates are 30, 0, -10280 HUD.

And that wraps up the story of ducky! Hope you enjoyed reading this drama-infused string of events.

not2stressed

by not2stressed » Post

Thanks for the write-up DVD :)

R.Kwadriga
In-game: Snufkin

by R.Kwadriga » Post

R.Kwadriga

by R.Kwadriga » Post

It looks a lot like he's destroying the Outback, making it uninteresting for new players. This is what the place where there used to be a mountain with a stream looks like now

R.Kwadriga

by R.Kwadriga » Post

And this is the descent to the portal. Hole to the bottom of the world

GoldFireUn
GitHub: BluebirdGreycoat
In-game: GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Server is offline for maintenance and host migration.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Server is back!

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Success! I was able to completely reset the nvidia GPU driver and all dependent processes without having to reboot the box. I've printed off the instructions and pinned them up. As a GPU crash/performance-downgrade seems to happen every so often, I'm sure this is a procedure I'll have to repeat in the not-very-distant future.

UncleBob

by UncleBob » Post

Just came here to say aloha!
Also my boots are full of sand.