[Server] Must Test

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] Must Test

by BBmine » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Yes, 'arklegacy' is the name of my computer. I'm so obvious. :-)
That's not what I thought..... I meant as in Noah's ark :D

GoldFireUn
GitHub: BluebirdGreycoat
In-game: GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

That works too, actually.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

The server is temporarily down. I am ironing out some permissions issues. It will be back soon.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

"Point an official Minetest Client @ port 30000 to play." --website
Um.... Point?? What's that mean? :P

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

I briefly considered writing something like "put the address in the address box, and the port # in the port box" but realized that just sounds patronizing. Heh.

Edit: server has returned. Weekly maps (surface and nether) are now available.
Edit2: I just realized my first sentence comes across incorrectly. I meant that I had considered putting that text in the webpage, not as a reply to you. Sorry.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Edit2: I just realized my first sentence comes across incorrectly. I meant that I had considered putting that text in the webpage, not as a reply to you. Sorry.
I already figured that :D

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

I have added a player-facing chatlog. Enjoy!
http://arklegacy.duckdns.org/chat.html

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Hello all.

The server is experiencing some problems*, but unfortunately I do not have the ability to correct them ASAP. So the server will be offline for a few hours, until I get uninterrupted time to resolve the problem.

* It crashes whenever someone joins. Without an error message. Rude!

LaserJet
In-game: LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

talking server creepy

ok back on subject

survivalist isnt working for the cave or neather ill try again tomorrow oh and when i tries nether it said error internal error please try again or report so i am just reporting
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Hi LaserJet, thanks for the report! It is a spurious error and will probably work next time you try.

In other news, apples, cones, & firetree fruit will regrow after being picked. Very slowly. And only if they grew from a tree.

LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

Screenshot_20170711-110414.png
Screenshot_20170711-110414.png (82.86 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
your server has been giving my quite the trouble timing out alot but when i timed out and logged back in i saw 2 error messages and my screen was black i cant use chat and i cant see my inventory slots
In order, LaserJet, RubyJet, and xYOSIYAx are my usernames with my currently used one is xYOSIYAx (because I had to have the same username everywhere). You may call me xY or my username

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Hi LaserJet!

I am not sure what the problems were caused by**, but I'm glad you appear to have fixed them.

**The Minetest devs are planning to break compatibility in the network protocol soon, which WILL cause problems. I do not think this was the issue, though.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

LaserJet wrote:
Screenshot_20170711-110414.png
your server has been giving my quite the trouble timing out alot but when i timed out and logged back in i saw 2 error messages and my screen was black i cant use chat and i cant see my inventory slots
Hey LaserJet,
I'd bet a dollar the network issue is not the fault of the server at all. Those errors often show on your screen from the last session. One error tells you that you timed out. The other shows that your client could not connect to the minetest servers list (the site that shows what servers are up).
Your own network may of had a hiccup, or your ISP, or anywhere in between your network and the network the servers are on.

LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

oh my chuches wifi is known do have hiccups

LaserJet

lava

by LaserJet » Post

hi i hope your up for cleaning because your obsidian farm brought the neather to the surfacd you need to clean it up and put blocks to stop it spreading again

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Hi LaserJet, that happens because the pick you're using digs very fast, so when you dig the obsidian you also end up digging the shield blocks underneath. I've replaced them with gravel, so that sort of accident shouldn't happen again. :)

I also found and fixed a griefer-friendly bug in the lavacooling code. LaserFrost won't be able to use snow to put lava in your house anymore.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Hi LaserJet, that happens because the pick you're using digs very fast, so when you dig the obsidian you also end up digging the shield blocks underneath. I've replaced them with gravel, so that sort of accident shouldn't happen again. :)

I also found and fixed a griefer-friendly bug in the lavacooling code. LaserFrost won't be able to use snow to put lava in your house anymore.
Awe man! You mean I can't grief your server now? :P That's sad. xD

LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

BBmine wrote:
GoldFireUn wrote:Hi LaserJet, that happens because the pick you're using digs very fast, so when you dig the obsidian you also end up digging the shield blocks underneath. I've replaced them with gravel, so that sort of accident shouldn't happen again. :)

BBmine you sure like to get banned alot dont you.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

LaserJet wrote:
BBmine wrote:

I was just joking when I said that.....

LaserJet

by LaserJet » Post

BBmine wrote:
LaserJet wrote:
BBmine wrote:[quonte="GoldFireUn"]Hi LaserJet, that happens because the pick you're using digs very fast, so when you dig the obsidian you also end up digging the shield blocks underneath. I've replaced them with gravel, so that sort of accident shouldn't happen again. :)

I was just joking when I said that.....[/quote]
I was too...

AndDT
GitHub: AndDT
IRC: AndDT
In-game: AndDT

by AndDT » Post

Hello!
In order to craft a control logic unit I have to create a silicon wafer via alloying coal dust and plain sand, but fuel-fired alloy furnace says that this combination is not alloyable.
Please, fix it.
Proud user of Slackware GNU/Linux

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Hi AndDT!

Did you try putting in multiple sand & coal dust? Some recipes need several of an item, but the craft guide makes you think you only need 1. This is a known deficiency in the craft guide which I haven't gotten around to fixing (not even sure if it is possible to fix, yet).

The ratio is 1 sand to 12 coal dust. That should work.

AndDT
GitHub: AndDT
IRC: AndDT
In-game: AndDT

by AndDT » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:The ratio is 1 sand to 12 coal dust. That should work.
Yes, you are right. Thank you.
GoldFireUn wrote:Some recipes need several of an item, but the craft guide makes you think you only need 1. This is a known deficiency in the craft guide which I haven't gotten around to fixing (not even sure if it is possible to fix, yet).
Maybe unified_inventory has solution for this issue? Also you can upload your mods to github so we can do source diving, like nethack players :-) Because I also tried to alloy a stainless steel and alloy furnace told me once again that 1 chromium ingot and 1 carbon steel ingot are not alloyable.
Proud user of Slackware GNU/Linux

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

So this is where all the old players hide....
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

seller
In-game: seller bombingspree lockerhead5000 blob5000 thediamondfighter

by seller » Post

me gona to check zis out.First any bugs or lots of lag?