[Server] Must Test

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

Re: [Server] Must Test

by csirolli » Post

Stix wrote:
csirolli wrote:I got a question. Twice now I have been killed by tnt arrows, which resulted in me dying beneath the surface. The server reported my bones being in places that while technically is where I died, the bones are no longer there. This has caused much loss of very good weapons and armor. I know that when a protected node is dug, it at first disappears but is instantly put back. It would seem that this has caused my bones to be overwritten. Is there any way to prevent this loss from happening?
Whoever killed you with a tnt-arrow probably got your stuff.
No I know they didn't. Immediately after I died I went looking for my bones. They would have been still fresh by the time I made it to where they should have been. I am pretty sure they were overwritten. Unless the bones were overwritten, but the stuff spilled out, which doesn't make sense.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

csirolli wrote:
Stix wrote:
csirolli wrote:I got a question. Twice now I have been killed by tnt arrows, which resulted in me dying beneath the surface. The server reported my bones being in places that while technically is where I died, the bones are no longer there. This has caused much loss of very good weapons and armor. I know that when a protected node is dug, it at first disappears but is instantly put back. It would seem that this has caused my bones to be overwritten. Is there any way to prevent this loss from happening?
Whoever killed you with a tnt-arrow probably got your stuff.
No I know they didn't. Immediately after I died I went looking for my bones. They would have been still fresh by the time I made it to where they should have been. I am pretty sure they were overwritten. Unless the bones were overwritten, but the stuff spilled out, which doesn't make sense.
If you died inside a block you would have dropped your stuff as items, also if tnt-arrows can destroy protected areas the can probably also destroy bones.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Tnt arrows don't normally destroy fresh bones. Just like you can't dig a chest with stuff in it. If I died inside a block, where would the items go? above the block or inside it? Tnt arrows can't destroy protected arrows; it digs them but the nodes are immediately replaced, like if you try to dig a protected node with a pickaxe.

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

csirolli wrote:Tnt arrows don't normally destroy fresh bones. Just like you can't dig a chest with stuff in it. If I died inside a block, where would the items go? above the block or inside it? Tnt arrows can't destroy protected arrows; it digs them but the nodes are immediately replaced, like if you try to dig a protected node with a pickaxe.
maybe some how they got stuck in the block, sometimes when its laggy that happens, it once happend to my brother J2
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

steveuchiha
GitHub: steve
IRC: Tobi
In-game: steve

by steveuchiha » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:--== Introducing "Must Test", a Stone-World Server ==--

Server description: I must test survival, upon the coldest sea. This is inspired by Lag's original server, but is not a clone. Like the original it aims to be self-moderated as much as possible, except for hackers. Hackers will be PUNISHED. See rules for specifics.

[This post may be updated with important information from time to time.]
* Update 2016-12-22: Updated server information.
* Update 2017-7-1: This post will no longer be updated. Check the page at http://arklegacy.duckdns.org for updates! I will still post important updates onto the end of this topic, of course.

This world is backed up weekly, every Saturday. At this time, all accounts of players which have not crafted and kept a citizenship token will be erased. Check the craft-guide in-game for how to make one. Be sure to keep it in your inventory!

Server inspired by Andrey "lag". Thanks Andrey!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10539

Credit also goes to "maikerumine" for creating the JT2 server, which is now hosted by "sorcerykid"! Some ideas (including textures) come from that server.
Image Image
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15334

Maikerumine ("maikerumine") posted YouTube videos of this server. Thank you, Maikerumine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5kW0A ... hsq4Kx2OsO

This is a hard survival server. In this world exploration is important. This is how you find flowers and saplings. You can make stone tools before you get your first tree by hunting for dry shrubs. Dry shrubs can be crafted into sticks, and you can use your first pick to dig enough cobble to make stone tools. Watch out for the mobs! Be sure to check the craft-guide which is part of your inventory.

This server uses the entire "minetest_game" but heavily modified for improved survival gameplay. Many additional mods are added.

Some of these include (all modified from their originals and/or completely custom):

* Mobs
* Teleports (*heavily* modified)
* Markers
* Nether (still a work-in-progress)
* Bandages
* Protectors
* Carts
* Moretrees (not laggy)
* Moreores (yum, ores!)
* Moreblocks
* Antisneak (modifies the behavior of the sneak control)
* ... Many more

The ore generation code has been heavily changed from what most players are used to on other servers. Instead of generating at perfectly predictable depths, each ore has a 3D "map" (like swiss cheese) which determines where it spawns. Depth is still important (dig below -1024 to find mese blocks), but each ore now generates regionally, and there will be regions without a specific ore type. Thus you can find, for example, iron in one mine but no copper, and in another mine, copper can be found but no iron. There are several ore types added on top of the default ores, and this method of ore generation is used to avoid the problem of "rainbow caves", in which players always find all ore types in a single cave. On average, each cave will have only 2 or 3 ore types at once.

Rules are below, following the colony map.

Map Image (Taken 2016-12-20):

--== Colony Legal Code ==--

1) No swearing, cursing, or foul talk. NO crudity! Keep adult talk to yourselves; do not write it in chat. NO spamming. If you go dating, keep it in PM -- don't broadcast it to the world.

2) Griefing of unprotected houses and PvP are permitted. To prevent griefing, protect your stuff! If you don't like PvP, either use your sword, or go somewhere else.

3) Do *NOT* build over other players. Do not build bridges through the sky. Floating structures, sky builds, and 1x1 towers will be removed (or moved to ground-level) *without notice* if discovered.

4) Do not ask for priviliges or free stuff. Do not ask to be a moderator or an admin. This is a PvP survival server. Everyone must get their own stuff, no exceptions. Go mining, slay monsters! (Note: sneak glitch is disabled.)

5) Minor cheaters will be punished in subtle, creative ways. If you hack, you will not be called out by the admin. Punishment will be dealt unexpectedly.

6) Severe hackers will be banned. Note: no one will be banned based on hearsay. The admin will confirm all hacking reports visually.

The admin's name is 'MustTest'. These rules can also be seen posted on the obsidian obelisk at spawn and 4 other locations.

--== Hosting ==--

This server is privately hosted on a relatively powerful laptop with 2 750GB Solid State Drives & 4 physical CPU cores with hyper-threading (for a total of 8 logical cores) @ 2.2 GHz. OS is Kubuntu Linux 16.04 with lots of customizations.

The server version is 0.4.14-dev. It is generally kept up-to-date with latest Git HEAD. You will probably need a recent client to be able to connect.

Server media is hosted remotely.

Important: THIS SERVER'S IP ADDRESS IS DYNAMIC. IT WILL CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. No IP address information is provided in this post because it will quickly go out of date within a few days.

To find this server, go to http://servers.minetest.net and hit Ctrl+F (FireFox or Chrome) and search for 'Must Test'. You will find its IP address in the left-most column. If no entry appears then wait awhile, it will reappear soon. If the server is actually down for maintenance, I will post on this forum topic saying so. :-) The port number (not displayed) is always the same: PORT 30000.

As of 2016-12-20, this server is 80 days old.

--== End ==--

A screenshot of spawn:

Have fun!
responde

Uniol
GitHub: Uniol

by Uniol » Post

Finally registered! Are suggestions on gameplay accepted?

GoldFireUn
GitHub: BluebirdGreycoat
In-game: GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Sorry late reply! Saw your post last month and then promptly forgot about it.

To answer the question, yes. Suggestions on balance are particularly welcome. Best place to send that stuff is to my in-game email box (thru PoC).

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

I’m not really playing in this server, but for at least, I know there is a griefer in this server.
This player names b1 and keeps killing players ( even I know it’s pvp server ) with royal bows and bunch stacks of tnt arrows bothering other players near sabrina123’s home. He causes some tree nearby turn to be burns. I think this guy somehow should be punished

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

There are few players online at that time, include sabrina123, Grayce, mbitonale, and Garfield. There is some more, but these names are players that are involved in this case.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I am/was not around to deal with the problem (b1 was hacking) but it has been noted. I will deal with it in due course.

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

Hot News! Hot News!

As this forum topic is not updated with official server news, let me be the one who will spread some recent hot news here ;)

On the permafrost (which Must Test Server world is), among the small scraps of green areas that were obtained there after a long and hard work, an unusual creature was seen!

It is amazing and unbelievable, but in this inhospitable, icy and cold world the settlers were able to Introduced sheeps! Now wild sheep live freely on grassy areas, and settlers can try to tame them and catch them to have wool and meat. Of course, grassy areas are not natural on this server. Settlers must work hard to fill the icy and stony ground with dirt and sow the grass on it.

But that's not all! The server also had other important changes, like new chat command, decreasing the capacity of wooden chests, new minerals in remote regions that no one has visited before, or the availability of new building materials with shape different than a cube. It is worth mentioning two other issues that should be of interest to all server fans who have not logged in for a while. Speaking more accurately, now wooden and kalite torches do not have unlimited burning time and also rainbow teleports do not have unlimited range.

Default wooden torch will burn only for few hours, kalite torch will burn for few days and only metal torch will act like before, will burn forever. It means that wherever you've had wooden/kalite torches before, it's dark now. They burn out! If you have used wooden/kalie torches in your caves, mines, shafts, tunnels and houses as light sources, now all those places you need to light up again, and with some other light source which can be able to provide light without limits.

Previously, you could teleport between two rainbow teleports at any distance. You could have one teleport at home and the other at the bottom of the world, in Nether. Or at the surface, but in other end of the world, like some 30,000 blocks away. But now rainbow teleports have limited, small range. This means that if you have used such teleports to link your house with a deep mine or remote outpost, you have lost such access. You will have to go there on foot now, or rebuild that connection with several or more intermediate teleport stations.

If you've got used to the harsh conditions of the server and you live there comfortably, now you will have to work hard again! Life at this server can surprise us! This is not a place for lazy people: D

Thanks GoldFireUn ;)
See you here or in game
Attachments
screenshot_2018082.png
screenshot_2018082.png (321.37 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
screenshot_20180827.png
screenshot_20180827.png (146.53 KiB) Viewed 2058 times

PbbP
In-game: PbbP

by PbbP » Post

the server is in a very big danger. The player b1 has provided whole fields with admin tnt. tnt will explode in two days :(
MustTest save the server now !!!

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Don't worry about the admin TNT. I placed it myself ... b1 had a cheated build at that location but he took it down quick.

parasite

by parasite » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Don't worry about the admin TNT. I placed it myself ...
... and the countdown has come to an end!

I thought that all TNTs would explode simultaneously, and the power of each of them would be greater than ordinary TNT. But when I saw that every TNT exploded independently in a few second intervals, and instead of the big booom there was only a small flash and some smoke appearing here and there, I was disappointed that I would not make any unique screenshots ;-)

BTW
I wonder if it would be possible to create a mod, which would add a new object to the game, object acting like a camera for making screenshots and saving them in the minetest folder of an player (not server). The use of such object could display formspec which could simulate viewing through the camera... but probably my imagination here goes too far. Taking a screenshot in the game by using an item from inventory rather than pressing a key on the keyboard would be interesting enough.
Attachments
3.png
3.png (322.41 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
2.png
2.png (158.53 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
1.png
1.png (184.24 KiB) Viewed 2058 times

parasite

by parasite » Post

csirolli wrote:I got a question. Twice now I have been killed by tnt arrows, which resulted in me dying beneath the surface. The server reported my bones being in places that while technically is where I died, the bones are no longer there...
I know it's a late answer, but I've experienced a similar event several times, including intentional testing few days ago, so I can say something more. Though playing on this server for over a year I experienced once the situation when the bones did not show up, which confirmed MustTest after careful analysis of logs, in most cases the bones are generated, lie at the place of death and wait. The bones do not disappear and are not suddenly stolen by hackers (for some amount of time after death the bones can only be taken by the deceased itself). If you can not find them, because you were killed in an explosion in a protected area, most likely the bones were generated somewhere between protected blocks, e.g. under the ice, under the road, inside the wall and so on.

In not protected place, the tnt arrow that hits the surface removes a lot of blocks and creates a distinctive hole. If there was a player standing there, he or she falls into this hole and usually die, and the bones are left inside the hole.

When the area is secured with a protector, the minetest client sees this situation exactly the same: TNT arrow hit the ground, hole is created, player fall down and die. But one second later minetest clients receives information from the server that the area is protected and no block has been destroyed. So the area looks the same as before, there are no evidence of TNT arrow explosion. But players died and his or her bones was left down there, in hole that is not existing anymore! In that situation you can`t get those bones if you are not the owner of that area. I experienced this unique death on my own road secured by a protector, so after respawn I could go back there, and I could find no sign of the explosion and no bones. Of course I found my bones just after I dug in that road.

In such case, pay attention to the location of the place of death displayed by the server. It usually shows the coordinates below the place you have access to, due to the protector's range. Once during testing that problem even MustTest himself (with all his admin powers, including noclip) was convinced that the bones disappeared, was not created at all, however, after carefully digging in the protected area and reaching the location indicated in the message, the bones were found.

It seems to me that once I happened to find bones below the place indicated by the server message. The ground level (in protected area where TNT arrow hit me) was -8.5, the server reported that I died at a height of -8.0, but I found my bones at -9 or even -10 (I do not remember it correctly). From different point of view at this case, I died on public street, but my bones found another player below his garden which was next to that road. Unfortunately, I never was able to reproduce such event in tests. But what is most important, I always was able to find that bones - at least on my own land, secured by my protectors, where I was able to do anything with any blocks there. If you are not the owner of the area where you died due to the TNT arrows explosion, write down the coordinates and ask land owner to dig there, or ask admin. There is no other option. Oh, no, sorry, there is one. You can still try to get to this place from the other side.

In a situation where you are killed by TNT arrows on the main street of the main city (aka surface colony), remember that tunnels run under the main streets. You can then go down to such tunnel and check if your bones are stuck on its ceiling. It works, I know because it happened to me ;)

In all experimental tests, the death coordinates shown by the server matched the location of the bones that were stuck in other blocks. Even if there can be a little mismatch between the coordinates shown in the server message and location of the bones - which I think I experienced only once, as I mentioned, - all my bones were in the area where I died. So I'm guessing that your bones are still there somewhere, covered with other blocks and that's why you can not see them from the outside, but - unfortunately - the blocks that cover these bones are protected by other people's protectors.
Last edited by parasite on Fri Aug 31, 2018 17:33, edited 3 times in total.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

The bone-placement code has always been somewhat buggy. I've been trying some variations of the code recently.

. . . And I've just tested and discovered my latest iteration is STILL putting bones in really odd places! Back to the code I guess.

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

So b1 was walking around with nothing in his pack. So how does he get so much stuff?

Hmmm. What's in this chest, I wonder?

Oh wow that's a lot of protectors. How many of them did he actually craft?

Only 1 (ONE) protector? Lame! This guy is SO hacking.

b1: quit it, or I'm going to banish you to the chaos realm, or worse.

TK Ethan
IRC: MangoNinja
In-game: MangoNinja

by TK Ethan » Post

You know what would be cool. If you gave us all bows and bomb arrows to kill him.lol
Jesus Loves You!
My in game name is MangoNinja.And i play the server of MustTest

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Alright, I've fixed the crash issue that started 5 hours ago. I made a stupid coding mistake at 1 AM last night. Do'h!

parasite

by parasite » Post

GoldFireUn wrote:Alright, I've fixed the crash issue that started 5 hours ago. I made a stupid coding mistake at 1 AM last night. Do'h!
Do not worry! Only the one who do nothing does not make mistakes. Thank you very much for fixing the problem!

GoldFireUn wrote:So b1 was walking around with nothing in his pack. So how does he get so much stuff?
It's easy to calculate that there are a total of 499 protector logos in the chest inventory in the picture above. To craft that amount of protector logos in game, the player would have to have about 5*64 tin blocks and 10*64 mese blocks.

Let's see these numbers more precisely: 1 block consists of 9 elements, and in one inventory slot you can store a maximum of 64 items or blocks. 1 protector logo need: 5 tin ingots, 3 mese crystals and 1 mese block. So, to craft 499 protector logos, we need 2495 tin ingots (which is equivalent to about 273 tin blocks, and that is about 4.3 stacks of 64 tin blocks in inventory slots), 1497 mese crystals (which is equivalent to about 167 mese blocks, and that is about 2.6 stacks of 64 mese blocks in inventory slots), and of course 499 mese blocks (which is about 7.7 stacks of 64 mese blocks in inventory slots).

It is hard to imagine a player who could get so many mese blocks on this server in a short time. This maight be impossible! It is even harder to imagine a player who join this hard-work server only to cheat. If you see anything on this server which was made by any player you can almost feel the pain, dedication and hard work that person put into that thing. And now some looser with hacked creative inventory try to pretend to be a part of this awesome community? Well, b1 should be always spawn in lava ;)
Last edited by parasite on Fri Sep 14, 2018 18:19, edited 2 times in total.

TK Ethan
IRC: MangoNinja
In-game: MangoNinja

by TK Ethan » Post

Thanks MT
Jesus Loves You!
My in game name is MangoNinja.And i play the server of MustTest

GoldFireUn

by GoldFireUn » Post

Gracye, iisu: you need to chill, guys. This is not a dating server. Rules are to keep it private. Seriously, I don't want to be finding this kind of stuff in the public chatlog when I come home from work. If you can't figure out what I mean, then here's all the examples of public wrong-speak you need.

Just see what

Code: Select all

tail -n 1000 /home/minetest/server/world/chat-public.txt | grep -P "Gracye|iisu" > dating.txt
showed me:
dating.zip
Drama. Lots of.
(29.42 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
(That's a *.txt file. But apparently, *.txt isn't allowed. Huh.)

You are both banned for a week. Next time, use /x or /msg. It's not that hard.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

That's a lot of mobs on that island. I could say, a mob of mobs.

parasite

by parasite » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:That's a lot of mobs on that island. I could say, a mob of mobs.
In the picture above I see a yellow envelope, which means that you have received an email. Did this message send these skeletons? What did they say?

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

parasite wrote: In the picture above I see a yellow envelope, which means that you have received an email. Did this message send these skeletons? What did they say?
Those are highly classified and encrypted documents. Good luck trying to find out what's in them! And to save you some trouble on figuring out the code, it's not passw0rd.

Actually, all that mail is just a sign of my laziness. I never bother to delete all the emails MT sends me about server updates after I read them.