[Server] HOMETOWN

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by mnh48 » Post

Kibbie wrote:Players with a custom skin now have the option to "take off" their custom skin and choose another, and put their custom skin back on as they please.
Wait... there's custom skin?

Anyway, I noticed that the protection on the road is quite different from "protection logos" so can I know what it is actually?? xD I tried to put rails above protection logos and it just occupy the space above the logo, unlike the road's rail where the protection is somehow squeezed in between tar and rail... :3

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Anyway, I noticed that the protection on the road is quite different from "protection logos" so can I know what it is actually?? xD I tried to put rails above protection logos and it just occupy the space above the logo, unlike the road's rail where the protection is somehow squeezed in between tar and rail... :3
That is a custom node that is tar+protection. Not craftable. For roads only :) If you want protections for roads, either put logos under the road, or use problocks.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Hi ExeterDad! I got an account now! How come I can't mail 'Book with text' or 'Writable book'? It wouldn't work for GreenDimond either.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Hi ExeterDad! I got an account now! How come I can't mail 'Book with text' or 'Writable book'? It wouldn't work for GreenDimond either.
Welcome to the forums Lone_Wolf! I'm glad you're here as you have a deeper interest in Minetest that goes beyond our beloved server :)

I didn't know about the books not able to be mailed? That is just not acceptable. I'll add that to my list of things to check out. It's likely my fault somehow as the mailboxes and PO box are modified by me. Thanks for the report.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:Anyway, I noticed that the protection on the road is quite different from "protection logos" so can I know what it is actually?? xD I tried to put rails above protection logos and it just occupy the space above the logo, unlike the road's rail where the protection is somehow squeezed in between tar and rail... :3
That is a custom node that is tar+protection. Not craftable. For roads only :) If you want protections for roads, either put logos under the road, or use problocks.
That's correct. Those aren't logo's at all. They are pro blocks with the tar texture to match the roads. They are very custom. They protect exactly the width of the roads, plus a higher top and bottom protection radius for tunnels and bridges. And they would likely wouldn't interest you as they are hardcoded to be owned by the server owner (IOKA) when placed.

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:
Kibbie wrote:Players with a custom skin now have the option to "take off" their custom skin and choose another, and put their custom skin back on as they please.
Wait, I've re-read the forum and it did mention about custom skin... if the feature is still there then if I send a skin to use for myself, will it available just for me or it will appear in list for everyone?
*getting ready with Pixel Art Editor android app*
ExeterDad wrote:
GreenDimond wrote: That is a custom node that is tar+protection. Not craftable. For roads only :) If you want protections for roads, either put logos under the road, or use problocks.
That's correct. Those aren't logo's at all. They are pro blocks with the tar texture to match the roads. They are very custom. They protect exactly the width of the roads, plus a higher top and bottom protection radius for tunnels and bridges. And they would likely wouldn't interest you as they are hardcoded to be owned by the server owner (IOKA) when placed.
Oh, ok... it just makes me wonder... because I don't think any nodes can actually be placed directly in between two nodes, it will become three anyhow... :3

Also, I have claimed a PO box, and I placed a mailbox in front of my (still constructing) house, but when I open them, only empty formspec appear, is that actually intended (instead of something like "no mails/items"?) or something went wrong somewhere, either client or my internet... :/ or maybe there's some setting in PO Box itself that I missed which makes this happened in mailbox?
Spoiler
Ironically, 9 hours earlier, I gets disconnected for "server shutdown" at the exact same time my alarm rang... I set the alarm because I want to stop playing and get ready for my afternoon exam... xD

Yesterday, when some players are introducing their real names (though I don't know if they were really saying their real names), I think someone (moderator or guardian maybe) keeps reminding about "no saying personal info"... And soon after, I write "my username is my real name"... and that person puts three dots ( ... ) and said something like "I'm not sure about real name as username"... xD Note: It's my given name only, not including my patronym name (patronym name is personal/private).
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-09-21-55-40.png
Screenshot_2017-04-09-21-55-40.png (417.85 KiB) Viewed 811 times

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Also, I have claimed a PO box, and I placed a mailbox in front of my (still constructing) house, but when I open them, only empty formspec appear, is that actually intended (instead of something like "no mails/items"?) or something went wrong somewhere, either client or my internet... :/ or maybe there's some setting in PO Box itself that I missed which makes this happened in mailbox?
Ohhhh! This is good info! You should see the inventory of the PO box back at the post office with any mailboxes you place in other parts of the world. But in your case, there is a error so nothing is shown at all. The error is listed in red in your awesome screenshot. Very helpful for me to attempt to fix.
I think what is happening is the meta in the node that is the PO box at the post office is not loaded because you are so far away from the downtown area. I'd bet if you went to spawn, near the post office, the went back to your home within 20 minutes or so.... you would see the PO box inventory as expected.
I'll try to figure out a way for the mailboxes to load the data from spawn so that is available. Or code it with a different approach. This information is gold. Thanks!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:Hi ExeterDad! I got an account now! How come I can't mail 'Book with text' or 'Writable book'? It wouldn't work for GreenDimond either.
Welcome to the forums Lone_Wolf! I'm glad you're here as you have a deeper interest in Minetest that goes beyond our beloved server :)

I didn't know about the books not able to be mailed? That is just not acceptable. I'll add that to my list of things to check out. It's likely my fault somehow as the mailboxes and PO box are modified by me. Thanks for the report.
No problem.
There's also a missing block in the jail, it's between two of the cells. Above a faucet on one side.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:
Wait, I've re-read the forum and it did mention about custom skin... if the feature is still there then if I send a skin to use for myself, will it available just for me or it will appear in list for everyone?
*getting ready with Pixel Art Editor android app*
ExeterDad wrote:
GreenDimond wrote: That is a custom node that is tar+protection. Not craftable. For roads only :) If you want protections for roads, either put logos under the road, or use problocks.
Oh, ok... it just makes me wonder... because I don't think any nodes can actually be placed directly in between two nodes, it will become three anyhow... :3

Also, I have claimed a PO box, and I placed a mailbox in front of my (still constructing) house, but when I open them, only empty formspec appear, is that actually intended (instead of something like "no mails/items"?) or something went wrong somewhere, either client or my internet... :/ or maybe there's some setting in PO Box itself that I missed which makes this happened in mailbox?
Spoiler
Ironically, 9 hours earlier, I gets disconnected for "server shutdown" at the exact same time my alarm rang... I set the alarm because I want to stop playing and get ready for my afternoon exam... xD

Yesterday, when some players are introducing their real names (though I don't know if they were really saying their real names), I think someone (moderator or guardian maybe) keeps reminding about "no saying personal info"... And soon after, I write "my username is my real name"... and that person puts three dots ( ... ) and said something like "I'm not sure about real name as username"... xD Note: It's my given name only, not including my patronym name (patronym name is personal/private).
How did you bring that info thing up above chat? Or is it automatic for Ipads?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:How did you bring that info thing up above chat? Or is it automatic for Ipads?
On a PC F5 Shows the debug info above the chat. It will toggle to different modes if you press it more. On Android I "believe" there's a gear looking icon that toggles that info as well. I found it somewhere to the upper right.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:How did you bring that info thing up above chat? Or is it automatic for Ipads?
On a PC F5 Shows the debug info above the chat. It will toggle to different modes if you press it more. On Android I "believe" there's a gear looking icon that toggles that info as well. I found it somewhere to the upper right.
I know about f5 but Ipad users sometimes ask me how to turn on minimap, so when I saw the debug info I thought there was a way...

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote: Image
Ipads? Nah, I'm on Android...

On the top-right side of screen, there's this on screen overlay that you can tap on:
After tap that, these will appear which you can use to toggle respective settings:

But since I use physical keyboard & mouse to play Minetest on phone (connect via OTG) so I just hit F5 to show that (I always show that because I want to know how deep I'm mining, it shows coordinates xD)

The screenshots on mailbox that I post earlier doesn't show the overlay because I'm opening a formspec... the overlay will be hidden whenever you're opening formspec...

For minimaps, you can go to the advanced settings to enable them... I did enable it before, it has 3 modes including "radar" if I remember correctly...
Attachments
Toggle on screen
Toggle on screen
sketch-1491759975118-min.png (460.07 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Gear icon
Gear icon
_20170410_014119.JPG (41.24 KiB) Viewed 811 times

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote: Image
Ipads? Nah, I'm on Android...

On the top-right side of screen, there's this on screen overlay that you can tap on:
After tap that, these will appear which you can use to toggle respective settings:

But since I use physical keyboard & mouse to play Minetest on phone (connect via OTG) so I just hit F5 to show that (I always show that because I want to know how deep I'm mining, it shows coordinates xD)

The screenshots I post doesn't show the overlay because I'm opening a formspec... the overlay will be hidden whenever you're opening formspec...

For minimaps, you can go to the advanced settings to enable them... I did enable it before, it has 3 modes including "radar" if I remember correctly...
Thanks I'll remember that, I didn't know the difference between an Ipad and Android.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad I'd like to ask if ooooh and I could ask for Glitcher's Certificates xD
Explanation: You type in the necessary stuff in a writable book and give it to the glitcher and in return the glitcher will give you a writable book swearing not to do (whatever you require the said glitcher not to do). I think it would be useful for when the glitcher is accused of hacking, plus it'll be a lot of fun.
Glitching activities (for me and ooooh) include: Glitching to the tops of great buildings, and breaking into *unglitchable* property.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

One more question: Can you send me the link for the converted Lone_Wolf skin I have in Hometown?

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:'d bet if you went to spawn, near the post office, the went back to your home within 20 minutes or so.... you would see the PO box inventory as expected.
I test it just now, and yes. It show up as expected at home mailbox if I go back to post office before returning to home. xD but it did not show up if I did not go to post office before opening mailbox at home.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

[Deleted]

saavedra29
GitHub: saavedra29

by saavedra29 » Post

Could the moderators organize a competition game? For example a treasure hunting game? You could place a sign at a place with 3 directions to other signs. These signs would have again 2-3 directions to other or some of the previous signs. Some of the signs (random) would have coordinates of the hidden treasure. I.e. one could have the x coordinate, one the y and one the z. Then you could sit comfortably next to the treasure and watch the players fighting each other for the first to reach the treasure. The treasure could be placed in a chest and could be a number of diamonds, or gold etc.
But because the specific server has a lot of helps like minimap, /home, /spawn etc. and there's no real need for these goods even for the new players, ExeterDad could register a custom "prize node" that would be given to the one who wins the competition. So if more competitions are later organized, who knows maybe the players would make small houses to exhibit their valuable prizes.
What do you think? I had thought of organizing it with ody1 but with the default privileges it would be difficult to place the signs at big distances and after the end of the game go and take them back. But for a moderator with fly/noclip/fast privileges it's a piece of cake. At -60, 7, 269 there is an open book where ody1 describes the game.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

saavedra29 wrote:Could the moderators organize a competition game? For example a treasure hunting game? You could place a sign at a place with 3 directions to other signs. These signs would have again 2-3 directions to other or some of the previous signs. Some of the signs (random) would have coordinates of the hidden treasure. I.e. one could have the x coordinate, one the y and one the z. Then you could sit comfortably next to the treasure and watch the players fighting each other for the first to reach the treasure. The treasure could be placed in a chest and could be a number of diamonds, or gold etc.
But because the specific server has a lot of helps like minimap, /home, /spawn etc. and there's no real need for these goods even for the new players, ExeterDad could register a custom "prize node" that would be given to the one who wins the competition. So if more competitions are later organized, who knows maybe the players would make small houses to exhibit their valuable prizes.
What do you think? I had thought of organizing it with ody1 but with the default privileges it would be difficult to place the signs at big distances and after the end of the game go and take them back. But for a moderator with fly/noclip/fast privileges it's a piece of cake. At -60, 7, 269 there is an open book where ody1 describes the game.
To be fair, I'm at work and not fully absorbing this as I read quickly. But I do want to acknowledge what you're suggesting and you've definitely gotten my attention. At the moment I'm in way over my head with all my goals for this server due to real life interfering with our gaming life lol. But please... I do want to re visit this idea as soon as possible. We definitely want more entertaining things on the server beyond digging and building :D

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Hi Exeter, greetings. I visited your server and is really amazing. I'm interested to use the statue mod you've got. How can I get this mod? I loved the easter bunny statue.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

bigfoot
GitHub: bigfoot547
IRC: bigfoot547 or bigfoot
In-game: bigfoot547 or bigfoot

by bigfoot » Post

Hi EDad, why can I not place lava?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:Hi Exeter, greetings. I visited your server and is really amazing. I'm interested to use the statue mod you've got. How can I get this mod? I loved the easter bunny statue.
Hi and Thanks for the kind words!
The statue mod is a thrown together mod that merely adds a meshnode to the world that will display a skin. It uses the player model so any skin is compatible. As I never really polished the mod up, the bunny skin is hard coded for now. We needed a bunny that wasn't a entity (didn't want players killing it) so it was my quick and dirty solution. If you still are interested in the crude mod, I'll happily figure out a way to get you a copy of it :)

PS actually I lied a tiny bit. It uses the Armor player model so it will accept all the armors, tools or weapons as well.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

bigfoot547 wrote:Hi EDad, why can I not place lava?
It's nothing personal bigfoot547. We aren't a fan of server burning to the ground by silly evil doers. So placing lava isn't possible at this time. Eventually when I get my act together, lava will be able to be placed below surface level and on top by "trusted" members.
Until then... Myself, Kibbie or IOKA would be happy to place lava for you if you need it :)

Edit: Actually most of our Moderators can place lava sources for you on request. Placing with lava buckets is what is disabled. You're good people bigfoot, Just tell them I say it's okay for you :)
Last edited by ExeterDad on Tue Apr 11, 2017 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:Hi Exeter, greetings. I visited your server and is really amazing. I'm interested to use the statue mod you've got. How can I get this mod? I loved the easter bunny statue.
Hi and Thanks for the kind words!
The statue mod is a thrown together mod that merely adds a meshnode to the world that will display a skin. It uses the player model so any skin is compatible. As I never really polished the mod up, the bunny skin is hard coded for now. We needed a bunny that wasn't a entity (didn't want players killing it) so it was my quick and dirty solution. If you still are interested in the crude mod, I'll happily figure out a way to get you a copy of it :)

PS actually I lied a tiny bit. It uses the Armor player model so it will accept all the armors, tools or weapons as well.
Thanks ExeterDad - yes, I'm interested with this mod. I just want to add my skin, to show who's the admin on my server. If you could give me a link about the mod, I would be thankful.
***And amazing mod, great job. Keep doing these works.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:Thanks ExeterDad - yes, I'm interested with this mod
Cool :) I'm at work and can't do much about it right now, but I'll send ya a PM with a link in roughly 4 hours.