[Server] HOMETOWN

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
bigfoot547 wrote:Hi EDad, why can I not place lava?
It's nothing personal bigfoot547. We aren't a fan of server burning to the ground by silly evil doers. So placing lava isn't possible at this time. Eventually when I get my act together, lava will be able to be placed below surface level and on top by "trusted" members.
Until then... Myself, Kibbie or IOKA would be happy to place lava for you if you need it :)

Edit: Actually most of our Moderators can place lava sources for you on request. Placing with lava buckets is what is disabled. You're good people bigfoot, Just tell them I say it's okay for you :)
Can I have permission to ask the mods too? It's not like I would want to grief my favorite server, even if I did the mods wouldn't allow it xD
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Can I have permission to ask the mods too? It's not like I would want to grief my favorite server, even if I did the mods wouldn't allow it xD
G'head and ask LW. :) We haven't really had the discussion with the Mods so they won't likely know the "limitations" so don't be surprised if they resist. If lava is placed in a way that avoids mishaps to neighbors or the server in general, I see no reason it can't be on the surface. But there isn't a surefire way to insure griefers don't abide by those limitations yet. So that's why we have to keep it controlled for now.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

The city is very beautiful!I am sorry i haven`t built such city!:(

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:Can I have permission to ask the mods too? It's not like I would want to grief my favorite server, even if I did the mods wouldn't allow it xD
G'head and ask LW. :) We haven't really had the discussion with the Mods so they won't likely know the "limitations" so don't be surprised if they resist. If lava is placed in a way that avoids mishaps to neighbors or the server in general, I see no reason it can't be on the surface. But there isn't a surefire way to insure griefers don't abide by those limitations yet. So that's why we have to keep it controlled for now.
Thanks! Next time one of the admins is on can I have those iron monster eggs for my 'Adventure Tomb'?
(I swear not to use outside of the tomb)

[Edit] Did you see my request for Glitcher Certificates?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Lone_Wolf there isn't a iron monster egg :)
If you are referring to the monster that looks like it got in a fight with a bacon truck... it's merely a alternate texture for the stone monster. When stone monster spawns... it randomly is assigned one of two textures (stone and iron).

And I thought I answered you about a glitching? Glitching isn't forbidden. But I certainly can't give you a "pass" to trespass into peoples homes if they wish you not to be there. Just as I'm not going to encourage you to climb on top of the spawn towers. But since you're not breaking a impossible to enforce rule... I'm not going to punish you for it unless you are becoming a nuisance somehow.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:Lone_Wolf there isn't a iron monster egg :)
If you are referring to the monster that looks like it got in a fight with a bacon truck... it's merely a alternate texture for the stone monster. When stone monster spawns... it randomly is assigned one of two textures (stone and iron).

And I thought I answered you about a glitching? Glitching isn't forbidden. But I certainly can't give you a "pass" to trespass into peoples homes if they wish you not to be there. Just as I'm not going to encourage you to climb on top of the spawn towers. But since you're not breaking a impossible to enforce rule... I'm not going to punish you for it unless you are becoming a nuisance somehow.
Ok I had figured out how to get the mobs redo mod and I thought it was called an iron monster.
I was talking about the lava placement not glitching. I see now.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad? The player lexy1 has started 3 Very Large server fights in 2 days. The players on at the minute asked me to ask for her removal of interact or permanent ban (she has killed players without a reason 31 times, killed 5 of someone else's bunnies, and griefed players after constant warnings not to). I'd also like her banned for these offences.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Well I did it! I am now the first Glitcher to the top of both the Jailhouse and the Church :D (ooooh was with me but I was the first to the top, kenz was a TPer)
"This is GlitchTastic!!"-ooooh
Last edited by Lone_Wolf on Tue Apr 11, 2017 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Well I did it!
[img]
On Top of the World.png
On Top of the World.png (954.17 KiB) Viewed 753 times
[/img]

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

and the second...
[img]
On Top of the World at Night.png
On Top of the World at Night.png (684.01 KiB) Viewed 753 times
[/img]

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

This is what Lone_Wolf was trying to post:
You really need to learn how to work with the forums buddy :P
Last edited by GreenXenith on Wed Apr 12, 2017 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

kiko_InND
In-game: kiko

by kiko_InND » Post

saavedra29 wrote:Could the moderators organize a competition game? For example a treasure hunting game? You could place a sign at a place with 3 directions to other signs. These signs would have again 2-3 directions to other or some of the previous signs. Some of the signs (random) would have coordinates of the hidden treasure. I.e. one could have the x coordinate, one the y and one the z. Then you could sit comfortably next to the treasure and watch the players fighting each other for the first to reach the treasure. The treasure could be placed in a chest and could be a number of diamonds, or gold etc.
But because the specific server has a lot of helps like minimap, /home, /spawn etc. and there's no real need for these goods even for the new players, ExeterDad could register a custom "prize node" that would be given to the one who wins the competition. So if more competitions are later organized, who knows maybe the players would make small houses to exhibit their valuable prizes.
What do you think? I had thought of organizing it with ody1 but with the default privileges it would be difficult to place the signs at big distances and after the end of the game go and take them back. But for a moderator with fly/noclip/fast privileges it's a piece of cake. At -60, 7, 269 there is an open book where ody1 describes the game.
I am organizing a Scenic Scavenger Hunt to begin after Easter. There will be multiple prizes, but people will need to register to play. They will also need a book or really good memory. I can provide some books for those who can't make one.
Tell A Lie ONCE and all your truths become questionable

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Just a quick idea, and maybe not ideal but,

would it not be sensible to simply remove the "flammable" definitions from nodes for servers so that griefing with fire and lave is impossible?

then people could use fire and lava for decorative purposes, without the chance of out of control fires or griefing with them. And fire could still be used as a fuel.

Just a thought from a deranged mind
A Wonderful World

kiko_InND

by kiko_InND » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
bigfoot547 wrote:Hi EDad, why can I not place lava?
It's nothing personal bigfoot547. We aren't a fan of server burning to the ground by silly evil doers. So placing lava isn't possible at this time. Eventually when I get my act together, lava will be able to be placed below surface level and on top by "trusted" members.
Until then... Myself, Kibbie or IOKA would be happy to place lava for you if you need it :)

Edit: Actually most of our Moderators can place lava sources for you on request. Placing with lava buckets is what is disabled. You're good people bigfoot, Just tell them I say it's okay for you :)
ExeterDad, not trying to be difficult here; I am able to access lava sources but they disappear when placed. At least, they did when I was trying to place them in a protected (my protection) area above sea level.

kiko_InND

by kiko_InND » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:Just a quick idea, and maybe not ideal but,

would it not be sensible to simply remove the "flammable" definitions from nodes for servers so that griefing with fire and lave is impossible?

then people could use fire and lava for decorative purposes, without the chance of out of control fires or griefing with them. And fire could still be used as a fuel.

Great thought, but I once covered a non flammable build with lava. It wasn't destroyed, but it was inaccessible as lava still damages.
Perhaps a separate Fake Lava that acts like water but looks like lava... hmmm...

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

kiko_InND wrote:

Great thought, but I once covered a non flammable build with lava. It wasn't destroyed, but it was inaccessible as lava still damages.
Perhaps a separate Fake Lava that acts like water but looks like lava... hmmm...
Lava crafted with a protection block.
Nice to see you kiko! :D

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

the damage from these items can be disabled as well
depending on the sort of game-play ExeterDad and Kibby want to provide, these "may" be options they could consider.
But this is up to them, I am just making a suggestion
A Wonderful World

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:the damage from these items can be disabled as well
depending on the sort of game-play ExeterDad and Kibby want to provide, these "may" be options they could consider.
But this is up to them, I am just making a suggestion
Hi! Are you hidden or something?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

I'm from the spiritual world, so I don't show as online :P
A Wonderful World

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:I'm from the spiritual world, so I don't show as online :P
Ok I've seen that button xD

kiko_InND

by kiko_InND » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
kiko_InND wrote:

I think I would craft it with a bucket of water and red and yellow dye, with the result a bucket of fake lava. I wouldn't use a prot block to craft a fake lava source, prot blocks cost too much to use for that.
Nice seeing you also!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

kiko_InND wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote: Great thought, but I once covered a non flammable build with lava. It wasn't destroyed, but it was inaccessible as lava still damages.
I think I would craft it with a bucket of water and red and yellow dye, with the result a bucket of fake lava. I wouldn't use a prot block to craft a fake lava source, prot blocks cost too much to use for that.
Nice seeing you also![/quote]
I was thinking it would be an upper class kinda thing xD for some reason being able to craft lava seems like the PB&J pup of mintest, maybe make the fake lava with a lava bucket and something else to keep some of it's originality?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Well, there is a "fake fire" mod in Homedecor, so I see no reason someone could not simply create a fake lava mod as well, and server owners could simply use these two mods, rather than default fire and lava so their destructive properties do not become an issue.

people will still find one way or another to be a pest, for some, that is a hobby because it is funny to them.

I have to bow out now, I think I have posted enough and this space is for their server. : )
A Wonderful World

SkylightsFall
In-game: Sky_Fall_II

by SkylightsFall » Post

So, in light of an astounding number of people online at the time I was able to get on, I figured we could all feed our Server Bunny. I think he might be full now XD.

Love you guys!

Last edited by SkylightsFall on Wed Apr 12, 2017 20:20, edited 2 times in total.
If I can see it I will craft it...
If I can dream it I will build it...
If I find a home, I will put alot of effort into staying there...
AKA: Sky_Fall_II, SkylightsFall, MotherSkyFall, etc etc....

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

SkylightsFall wrote:So, in light of an astounding number of people online at the time I was able to get on, I figured we could all feed our Server Bunny. I think he might be full now XD.

Love you guys!

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/ ... v3buxYp7_Q
Error 404
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)