In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by BBmine » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:GO EXETERDAD!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
New /home commands are:
/sethome (name here) [Sets a home with the name of your pick]
/listhomes [lists all your homes]
/home (name of one of your homes here) [Teleports you to the home with the set name]
/delhome (home name here) [removes one of your homes]
Oh! Cool!!
/me sad.

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

BBmine wrote:
Cpt_mcg wrote:
New /home commands are:
/home (name of one of your homes here) [Teleports you to the home with the set name]
Oh! Cool!!
/me sad.
Didn't work did it? LOL
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine

by BBmine » Post

You make 0% cents. Please repeat using more English :)

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

BBmine wrote:You make 0% cents. Please repeat using more English :)
Should I talk in French now?....Ugh. XD
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

BBmine: If you want MultiHome (the mod that does that), see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587. Either that, or I misunderstood why you're sad :rotfl: (and if so, sorry xD)
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

New /home commands are:
LOL! I can't take any credit as I'm not the author of the mod.
Octacian is :D viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587
Not sure if he was inspired by my wanting to build the personal warps mod or if he was gonna do it anyway... but it's no matter to me. The mod is exactly what I had in mind, maybe even better. Heck... even the naming is better lol

muhdnurhidayat
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
BBmine wrote:
New /home commands are:
/me sad.
Didn't work did it? LOL
The player who is sad most probably the ones that lost their home when this new command is implemented. Luckily I realized sooner that normal /home (without name) didn't work when I'm still not too far from home so I could get back and redo /sethome [name].

It works good. :D

Also, maybe mcg reply is actually "did it work?"
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, I'm muhdnurhidayat in most Minetest servers. / Twitter ✂️- - - - -

Contributes to Minetest Wiki.
Also uses MT Offtopic forum.
You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

octacian wrote:BBmine: If you want MultiHome (the mod that does that), see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587. Either that, or I misunderstood why you're sad :rotfl: (and if so, sorry xD)
Ninja'd me lol

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:You make 0% cents. Please repeat using more English :)
You make zero sense. <---- Just translating BBmine's English into English

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

Ok now I'm confused is this sarcasm now? Or are we for real? Lol
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

octacian wrote:BBmine: If you want MultiHome (the mod that does that), see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587. Either that, or I misunderstood why you're sad :rotfl: (and if so, sorry xD)
Sad because I can't play with it on this server :(
Speedy2021 wrote:Ok now I'm confused is this sarcasm now? Or are we for real? Lol
I'm confused too. What are you talking about?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf or LoneWolfHT
In-game: Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote: The player who is sad most probably the ones that lost their home when this new command is implemented. Luckily I realized sooner that normal /home (without name) didn't work when I'm still not too far from home so I could get back and redo /sethome [name].

It works good. :D

Also, maybe mcg reply is actually "did it work?"
say [/home default] to go back to the home u set before this new mod (Or use inventory).
My ContentDB -|- Working on Voxel Knights -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

octacian updated the mod and it will be available after restart.
Now unsuspecting players will use /home exactly the same as they are used to and it will teleport them to the originally set home position. No more freaking out :P
Also the help message are much more informative.

Tigerlore

by Tigerlore » Post

The new commands are great. Thanks Octacian and ExeterDad. This will make getting down to the depths where mining is really profitable much easier.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm concerned about the economy on the server. There seems to be a privileged elite - "the haves" vs. "the have nots". There are certain foods that can't be farmed by the "have nots" because "the haves" monopolize the seeds.

Would the "haves" be willing to voluntarily sell the seeds in their stores? That would be the ideal solution. But, greed is a strong motivation. Will the "haves" overcome their selfishness and give up their elite status?

Does the community care enough to band together and shame the "haves" into sharing their privilege, or even threaten to ban them? A democratic revolution against the oppressive elite?

Is divine (admin) intervention the only way the situation can be rectified? And, will they? Do they have a greater purpose that we, mere players, can't comprehend?

Maybe there is a way to get these seeds and I don't know. I'm having a little fun with the melodrama. But, if there isn't a way to get the seeds, then I do kind of have a point. Right?
Minetest developers should steal all the good ideas in Minecraft.
Linux is all the good ideas from Unix. It's a proven strategy.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Tigerlore wrote:The new commands are great. Thanks Octacian and ExeterDad. This will make getting down to the depths where mining is really profitable much easier.

I'm concerned about the economy on the server. There seems to be a privileged elite - "the haves" vs. "the have nots". There are certain foods that can't be farmed by the "have nots" because "the haves" monopolize the seeds.

Would the "haves" be willing to voluntarily sell the seeds in their stores? That would be the ideal solution. But, greed is a strong motivation. Will the "haves" overcome their selfishness and give up their elite status?

Does the community care enough to band together and shame the "haves" into sharing their privilege, or even threaten to ban them? A democratic revolution against the oppressive elite?

Is divine (admin) intervention the only way the situation can be rectified? And, will they? Do they have a greater purpose that we, mere players, can't comprehend?

Maybe there is a way to get these seeds and I don't know. I'm having a little fun with the melodrama. But, if there isn't a way to get the seeds, then I do kind of have a point. Right?
I have a farming shop that sells seeds/planting stuff at spawn. The more I stock up, the cheaper it will get ;)
My ContentDB -|- Working on Voxel Knights -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

IMS_BULLDOG's heroic exit of Hometown:

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
New /home commands are:
LOL! I can't take any credit as I'm not the author of the mod.
Octacian is :D viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587
Not sure if he was inspired by my wanting to build the personal warps mod or if he was gonna do it anyway... but it's no matter to me. The mod is exactly what I had in mind, maybe even better. Heck... even the naming is better lol
Ok...
GO OCTACIAN!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD xD

Tigerlore

by Tigerlore » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:...
I have a farming shop that sells seeds/planting stuff at spawn. The more I stock up, the cheaper it will get ;)
I have used your shop and appreciate it, but you're the only one selling seeds. The fact that your shop is sold out of much of it's stock shows there is a great demand.

I have a lot of gold and I'm willing to pay high prices for such valuable commodities. Perhaps the other "elites" will see it's in their best interest to begin selling seeds.

I will NOT spend my hard earned gold on their food though. I'd rather throw all my gold into a lake of lava than give a single lump to those robber barons!
;-)
Last edited by Tigerlore on Wed May 17, 2017 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Welcome to the forums koby! :D

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

BBmine wrote:
Speedy2021 wrote:Ok now I'm confused is this sarcasm now? Or are we for real? Lol
Ohhhh I thought they were like for real asking why it didn't work for you but now I understand because you are banned and........ ok ok I'm good now carry on lol
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

muhdnurhidayat
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Post

Tigerlore wrote: Would the "haves" be willing to voluntarily sell the seeds in their stores? That would be the ideal solution. But, greed is a strong motivation. Will the "haves" overcome their selfishness and give up their elite status?
[...]
Actually, what seeds are you talking about? Is it strawberry seeds? (as I tried finding them too but no luck).
As far as I remember, there's only a few seeds on server, others are either planted by beans or the fruit itself (or slices).

Also, there's like 2 shops near the spawn that I know selling things that can be planted, and I'm in process of building my own shop (very far from spawn though, it's at south-east area) to sell many things including those that can be planted (while the shop is being build, I open mini-shop at my house but only raspberries, melon slice, cotton seed, corn and tomato is available for now).

While we're at it, can anyone list out all plants/fruits/seeds available on server? xD Put in spoiler to avoid the page goes too long.
+ Spoiler
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, I'm muhdnurhidayat in most Minetest servers. / Twitter ✂️- - - - -

Contributes to Minetest Wiki.
Also uses MT Offtopic forum.
You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

Tigerlore

by Tigerlore » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote: Actually, what seeds are you talking about? Is it strawberry seeds? (as I tried finding them too but no luck).
As far as I remember, there's only a few seeds on server, others are either planted by beans or the fruit itself (or slices)....
I can get "the poor people" seeds, wheat and cotton, and what Lone_Wolf has in stock. I haven't found anyone else selling seeds. I think wheat and cotton are the only ones that can be found in the world. The rest you get...? By knowing someone? I don't know.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Tigerlore wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:...
I have used your shop and appreciate it, but you're the only one selling seeds. The fact that your shop is sold out of much of it's stock shows there is a great demand.

I have a lot of gold and I'm willing to pay high prices for such valuable commodities. Perhaps the other "elites" will see it's in their best interest to begin selling seeds.

I will NOT spend my hard earned gold on their food though. I'd rather throw all my gold into a lake of lava than give a single lump to those robber barons!
;-)
Make your own shop to sell seeds once your farm gets big enough :)
Speedy2021 wrote:
BBmine wrote:
Ohhhh I thought they were like for real asking why it didn't work for you but now I understand because you are banned and........ ok ok I'm good now carry on lol
It's still fun (somewhat) to read this topic :)

ynomrah
IRC: Ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

New /home commands are:
Yep I was one of the first to know ;)

ynomrah
IRC: Ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Welcome to the forums koby! :D
Wait ...... which one is koby? xD