[Server] HOMETOWN

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Kibbie » Post

Server is down. The hosting company must be having an issue (again) because the forum is down as well. Sorry folks, they are usually pretty responsive when they need to fix an issue, hopefully the server will be back up soon!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Kibbie wrote:Server is down. The hosting company must be having an issue (again) because the forum is down as well. Sorry folks, they are usually pretty responsive when they need to fix an issue, hopefully the server will be back up soon!
Forum works fine for me. Will try the server...
EDIT: Everything is up and running
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Must of been a network thing. I see no evidence that the server went down. We just "vanished". Hate that.

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

Hey everyone! So I am quitting Minetest forever, I'm not coming back. I'm retiring my moderator place. I'm sorry ya'll, I have to move on to something different, not new games or anything but life. Real life. I'm serious this time. Good bye all, I'll be on tomorrow and a few days after to give away my things and sell things, and say my good byes. I have to leave.
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

harmony wrote:Hey everyone! So I am quitting Minetest forever, I'm not coming back. I'm retiring my moderator place. I'm sorry ya'll, I have to move on to something different, not new games or anything but life. Real life. I'm serious this time. Good bye all, I'll be on tomorrow and a few days after to give away my things and sell things, and say my good byes. I have to leave.
Forever?? :( I guess when real life's calling, then you gotta do whatcha gotta do.

SFP
GitHub: Hood
IRC: Hood
In-game: Hood

by SFP » Post

harmony wrote:Hey everyone! So I am quitting Minetest forever, I'm not coming back. I'm retiring my moderator place. I'm sorry ya'll, I have to move on to something different, not new games or anything but life. Real life. I'm serious this time. Good bye all, I'll be on tomorrow and a few days after to give away my things and sell things, and say my good byes. I have to leave.
:( Well i wish you all the best in real life!
Speak when you're spoken to, maybe I might answer.
-Hood 2017

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Goodbye , you served the server well and you served team amarza well aswel. I hope you have a great time.

Btw u can always come back u know.
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ynomrah, rana_89 wants you to know she loves you.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

You are going to be missed dearly. You know you have our support, and EDad and I wish you all the luck in the world with your music and pursuits. Love ya, chickie. <3

MommyKat
In-game: MommyKat DrClaw AriaJade

by MommyKat » Post

You'll be back. So far everyone that has left "forever" has come back. BUT....try to enjoy real life. Far too many people are substituting a digital life for a real one, and online friends for real human interaction. Go out there and seize the day, and throttle it hard!!!

If you come back, you'll be welcomed with big hugs. If you don't, we'll know you've successfully carpe'd the diem. Luv you lots, nom nom!
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

"Love feels a lot like tomatoes"-Candace Flynn

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

ynomrah, gone?! It won't be the same, not ever :( It was nice to know you, ynom ynom!
What is SCP-055?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Get yourself an autograph from BTS, tiger!
What is SCP-055?

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

We want to congratulate the brave players who used their cleverness and critical thinking skills to figure out what needed to be done to complete HOMETOWN's very first quest! This was not an easy challenge, and many players gave up, including some of our staff members! The players who completed the quest are:

AspireMint
kievski
Lone_Wolf
ooooh
ynomrah
Texan
GreenDimond

Well done, everyone! Like most quests, the answers were not immediately clear and required some detective skills. I'm so impressed with the players who put on their thinking caps and took out their proverbial magnifying glasses! It is now November 1st, and the spirits are at rest. The center of town (spawn) has returned to normal. Here is a summarized explanation of the quest for those who did not finish it (or attempt it).

• A strangely evil looking tree appeared in town, seemingly out of nowhere. Right after Friday the 13th - eerie female voices could be heard throughout the town area, beseeching and sad - and a tunnel opened within the tree.

Within the tunnel - which was a maze with identical corridors and scaffolding to make travel difficult - players encountered the spirits of Amelia, Mariana, and Elizabeth Ainsworth. The girls were Alistair's nieces, and they were not only restless, they were angry. These sad spirits spoke and gave clues, but also tried to kill anyone they encountered so they could have some companionship.

Players who were able to survive their encounters with the spirits in the tunnel and find their way through the maze, eventually found a ladder leading to the basement of the Ainsworth home. However, inside the Ainsworth home was the most angry spirit of all, Alistair Ainsworth. Alistair's disembodied head attacked without mercy, and he yelled for intruders to "GET OUT!" and said he cursed HOMETOWN.

The spirit of Alistair was hard to beat, and there was no escape from the house except for the way players came in, but some players were able to fight their way to the attic and find a book. The 27 page book explained the tragic tale, and how Alistair - a loving but misguided recluse - had unknowingly locked his nieces in the tunnel before he was executed by townspeople who mistakenly thought he had killed the girls. Elizabeth waited for her love Alexander to come for her and her sisters, but he never did because he thought the girls had been murdered. The girls eventually perished in the tunnel.

Most players thought finding and reading the book signaled the end of the quest, and some players didn't even finish the book. The handful of players who completed the quest knew there must be more to it, something that needed to be done. Texan was the first to search the entire house, looking for another room or exit. Players who thoroughly searched found a note from Alexander to Elizabeth, located within Elizabeth's dusty bedroom.

The note didn't explain much that was not already mentioned in the book, so players turned back to the book and looked for clues about Alexander, the man Elizabeth was secretly betrothed to. In the book it was mentioned he was the grocer's son. Our tenacious players decided to search the HOMETOWN grocery store for clues, and on the third floor they found a journal entry written by an older Alexander, who had never stopped pining for his dead love. In the entry, Alexander expressed his regret he could not give Elizabeth a red rose (a common gift from him during their courtship) one last time, to show her he was still devoted to her even years after her death. Alexander also wished he knew where her body was, so that when his life ended his remains could be laid to rest with hers and perhaps they could be reunited in the afterlife.

Aside from the grocery store, the only other building in town that was referenced in the book was the church. Our clever players searched the church and the church grounds and found a crypt containing the remains of Alexander (along with a vendor for his bones).

The only thing left to do was to figure out where Elizabeth's body was. In the book it was mentioned Elizabeth died while propped against the locked door at the end of the tunnel (after she and her sisters traveled the length of the tunnel maze from the house). The majority of players who started the quest never noticed Elizabeth's skull in the dim light at the beginning of the tunnel underneath the tree. Next to Elizabeth's skull was a hopper, where players delivered Alexander's bones and a red rose. Elizabeth and Alexander were reunited in death, and the spirit of Elizabeth was reassured Alexander had never stopped loving her and he had finally come to lead Elizabeth and her sisters out of the tunnel, to the afterlife.
Thank you so much for participating in the quest, and we hope it was enjoyable. I'm a big fan of easter eggs, so here are a few little facts about the quest...

* ExeterDad is the voice of Alistair, although he doesn't usually sound that freaky. O.O

* Some of the names or initials in the story are names or initials of some of our beloved HOMETOWN staff. No, I will not tell you who. ;)

* There is a last name mentioned in the book which is the name of one of the founding families of the real HOMETOWN, and that family has numerous stories and legends of hauntings and weird happenings.

* The Alistair house is modeled after a real life house, with it's own urban legends of restless spirits.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I enjoyed every second of the quest. You did an amazing job!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

I never play with audio, so I'll never know what Edad sounded like :/
What is SCP-055?

SFP

by SFP » Post

Can i get liquid priv, i need it to fill up place on top floor where river should be?
-Hood 2017

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SFP wrote:Can i get liquid priv, i need it to fill up place on top floor where river should be?
I don't trust you.
(jk I'm logging on to grant it now)

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Oh that's what liquid priv does
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

angelo1123_ wrote:Oh that's what liquid priv does
Yep. Sadly, it still doesn't let you dump lava.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:
That's why we have the lava priv silly.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote:
That's why we have the lava priv silly.
Yes I know, but it isn't given out to people like me :'(

xD

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

You can trust me with the lava priv. *winks*
What is SCP-055?

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Chem871 wrote:You can trust me with the lava priv. *winks*
Yeah buddy, I know.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

I've never been banned from any server, clean record ;P
What is SCP-055?

SFP

by SFP » Post

Chem871 wrote:I've never been banned from any server, clean record ;P
I have been banned from almost half of Minetest server list.

*crys*
-Hood 2017