[Server] HOMETOWN

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by ManElevation » Post

Chem871 wrote:I've never been banned from any server, clean record ;P
never been banned. well once in my own server accidently tho....
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

ManElevation wrote:
never been banned. well once in my own server accidently tho....
I've been banned like a dozen times on this server, and 5 times on JT2, until sk slammed the banhammer on my skull. :P

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote: I've been banned like a dozen times on this server, and 5 times on JT2, until sk slammed the banhammer on my skull. :P
I'm pretty sure you've only been banned twice on our server, but one of those times was a three month ban so we made it count. If you have been permanently banned from JT2, you must have really messed up - SK doesn't issue bans lightly.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:
BBmine wrote: I've been banned like a dozen times on this server, and 5 times on JT2, until sk slammed the banhammer on my skull. :P
I'm pretty sure you've only been banned twice on our server, but one of those times was a three month ban so we made it count. If you have been permanently banned from JT2, you must have really messed up - SK doesn't issue bans lightly.
Actually, I've been banned a few more times for smaller things, so just 5 minutes-2 hours.
Well, I had called SK an idiot, so........ VERY stupid of me.

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

Very funny of u lmao
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

Same lol. But that said I play on like 3 servers so....
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ChimneySwift wrote:
Same lol. But that said I play on like 3 servers so....
I only really play on HOMETOWN these days. But I've played dozens and hundreds of servers.

SFP
GitHub: Hood
IRC: Hood
In-game: Hood

by SFP » Post

Server max_lag is sometimes 21 or even more. Is everything ok with server?
Speak when you're spoken to, maybe I might answer.
-Hood 2017

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

SFP wrote:Server max_lag is sometimes 21 or even more. Is everything ok with server?
IIRC that number is easily skewed as it's the max lag from any player on the server, so someone signing in with a crappy internet connection will bring that number up even if the server itself is fine.

I could be wrong though, that's just what I remember off the top of my head.
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

SFP

by SFP » Post

Like i requested mod for hometown colored glass/colored glass pane will that mod be added?
Here is colored glass mod which looks really good.
viewtopic.php?id=4904
-Hood 2017

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

SFP wrote:Here is colored glass mod which looks really good.
viewtopic.php?id=4904
Moreblocks is a dep. That's not happening :)

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Edad, could you reduce the time it takes for the crushing furnace to do its thing? 4.5 minutes to grind 1 cobble to 1 sand is just too long.
What is SCP-055?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Chem871 wrote:Edad, could you reduce the time it takes for the crushing furnace to do its thing? 4.5 minutes to grind 1 cobble to 1 sand is just too long.
I just reduced cooking time of the cobble and gravel by 1/2

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Thanks a million!
What is SCP-055?

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

What is the name of the very long road to the south-east? I've searched for road signs along the road but couldn't find any...

From Front Street head east into Applecrest Way then you'll reach an ending T-junction... if anyone turn right at the junction then they will go to the very long road to south-east... I can't find any sign that show that road's name... The road started from a junction in Harmopia Avenue...

Starting of the road at Harmopia Avenue:

The end of Applecrest Way / Front Street to the junction of the long road to south-east:

I take the older map from the thread and edit it to show the road:

I'm asking this because I'm pretty sure the road has had some names, because it's one of the early roads built on the server...
Attachments
Map
Map
this.jpg (150.98 KiB) Viewed 650 times
End of Front Street
End of Front Street
screenshot_20171108_050433.png (606.25 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Starting of the long road
Starting of the long road
screenshot_20171108_045523.png (412.53 KiB) Viewed 650 times

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

I believe Front St. was to run the full length from East to West. And that road you show that runs North to South is supposed to be Applecrest Way. There was deleteblocks or something (a while back) used in that area that triggered mapgen and wiped out that intersection (and other areas). I think when I rebuilt the intersection, I neglected to get the street signs correct.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Either the road names have been changed, or that map doesn't have North on the top. Spring Street goes East/West, not North/South.
EDad: Can minetestmapper take a daily/weekly picture of the map, say, 1000 nodes from spawn in each direction to put on the website?

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

Edad, could you update farming_redo? It now has peppers, chili, and porridge! Delicious!
What is SCP-055?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:Either the road names have been changed, or that map doesn't have North on the top. Spring Street goes East/West, not North/South.
EDad: Can minetestmapper take a daily/weekly picture of the map, say, 1000 nodes from spawn in each direction to put on the website?
I don't know how they run offhand BBmine. I was going by the posted image above and assumed North was on top.
About the maps. I've got a script together that goes much further out than 1k and makes "tiles" of map. I just haven't gotten as far as laying out thumbnails of those maps in a table or some sort of grid to be displayed on the future "map page" on the HT forums. These thumbnails will be clickable. I got pulled another direction to do other stuff as the priority was less than other things.
Chem871 wrote:Edad, could you update farming_redo? It now has peppers, chili, and porridge! Delicious!
Eventually I will. I have to be careful though. Our farming is edited so I have to be sure not to overwrite our changes.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:I believe Front St. was to run the full length from East to West. And that road you show that runs North to South is supposed to be Applecrest Way. There was deleteblocks or something (a while back) used in that area that triggered mapgen and wiped out that intersection (and other areas). I think when I rebuilt the intersection, I neglected to get the street signs correct.
oh... I do find it weird that it goes directly from Front St. to Applecrest Way...

The sign saying Front Street

The other sign saying Applecrest Way

so it's safe to say the long road is actually Applecrest Way then? xD

@Baggins: the top part of map is north... Spring Street has an L-shaped road around the spawn, connected to Front Street on one end and Water Street on the other end...
Attachments
sign applecrest way.png
sign applecrest way.png (690.63 KiB) Viewed 650 times
sign front st.png
sign front st.png (835.33 KiB) Viewed 650 times

SFP

by SFP » Post

deleted
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

I have been working on this statue 1 week, can you guys give me your options. Also Kibbie will have chance to give her statue name. ( most of my ideas,projects i build first in MC )
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (312.75 KiB) Viewed 650 times
-Hood 2017

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I was absent for some time, in a few joins I've noticed it is very laggy, one day it was 2.5 (max_lag), today when I joined - it was 6-8, noticed slow chunk load too. Seems abnormal to me, please look into this.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I was playing here last night and some of today. I've stopped due to the unbearable lag. Meaning carts are unusably laggy, chest take ages to open, and players jolt around a lot. Graphs show big gaps. I really recommend lowering the player limit if the server is stuggling - there's a definite compromise between not turning people away, and having good performance for online users.

Also, another thing - escaping jail is very easy, and you can just teleport after. Really you should come out in the spawn area, and not be able to teleport or change your skin until you work sufficiently far away.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:I was absent for some time, in a few joins I've noticed it is very laggy, one day it was 2.5 (max_lag), today when I joined - it was 6-8, noticed slow chunk load too. Seems abnormal to me, please look into this.
I assure you we have been trying to discover what's been going on.
There hasn't been any mods added for quite some time other than the Halloween related ones that have since been disabled. We have however switched our auth.txt to the sauth sqlite database. We've been doing a vacuum full on our 41 Gig postgresql database weekly and running autovac constantly. I have been trying different settings to attempt to tune the database to get it optimized. However I'm wondering if I should be turning autovac off or way down since we are full vacuuming every week anyway. I suspect when postgresql's vac is writing the database is locking preventing access for Minetest. I also wonder if the conversion of player files to Minetests new players.sqlite is a issue as rubenwardy noted massive writes to the sqlite database with every inventory item added/removed. We also prune redundant players nightly and run vacuum on all the sqlite databases nightly between restarts.
Seems the more we try to optimize and do things "right as possible" the more something breaks.

And I'm convinced "someone" out there is running some kind of bot script. Ours, and many other servers get hit with waves of players with numbers at the end of their names. And I don't believe they are all players from those mobile apps everyone's complaining about. These players have no rhyme nor reason to how they move about and "interact" with the server or players. This is the reason I've upped my player limit. I was tired of the server always being too full for our regular players to join.
Earlier when I was on, there were 78 players on. Spawn was crawling with players wandering around a couple blocks at a time and picking their noses. I'd bet only a few of them were real players.