[Server] HOMETOWN

MommyKat
In-game: MommyKat DrClaw AriaJade

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by MommyKat » Post

Okay, so draaaaaaagging this thread back ON topic, just so it's on public record...
ExeterDad and Kibbie, PVP is technically okay on this server, but what is the policy for mass murderers who have turned into a nuisance? I.E. melanie12 and melanie13, he/she has turned into a public menace. Do moderators have some leeway in dealing with killers and those that insist on hanging out in other people's houses? I've been accused of being too strict for kicking people who are obnoxious, but..well, I'm strict! We've discussed this, and it makes the play experience so much worse for everyone when we don't act on some of these chronic offenders. I've also used the tactic of random tp'ing killers across the map to get them away from spawn, to kinda give them a hint that they're being pests.
Thoughts?
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

"Love feels a lot like tomatoes"-Candace Flynn

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

MommyKat wrote:Okay, so draaaaaaagging this thread back ON topic, just so it's on public record...
ExeterDad and Kibbie, PVP is technically okay on this server, but what is the policy for mass murderers who have turned into a nuisance? I.E. melanie12 and melanie13, he/she has turned into a public menace. Do moderators have some leeway in dealing with killers and those that insist on hanging out in other people's houses? I've been accused of being too strict for kicking people who are obnoxious, but..well, I'm strict! We've discussed this, and it makes the play experience so much worse for everyone when we don't act on some of these chronic offenders. I've also used the tactic of random tp'ing killers across the map to get them away from spawn, to kinda give them a hint that they're being pests.
Thoughts?
Policy for mass murderers that are being extreme pests:
Do what you are already doing :P
If they continue after being tp'd everywhere, depending on how bad they're being, either temporary ban (at least 1hr) or kick and then some sort of ban (probably just a longer temp ban). That's what I do at least.
We have plenty of leeway to do stuff. Plenty of players will complain about being "strict" but who cares? (I don't :P)
I annoyed a ban-evader to death by making him think I was a hacker and then spam killing him and tp'ing him 200 blocks in the air to die when he hit the ground and then revoke his interact or shout, etc... He was not happy.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

MommyKat

by MommyKat » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
MommyKat wrote:Okay, so draaaaaaagging this thread back ON topic, just so it's on public record...
Thoughts?
If they continue after being tp'd everywhere, depending on how bad they're being, either temporary ban (at least 1hr) or kick and then some sort of ban (probably just a longer temp ban). That's what I do at least.
Also kinda wishing I knew what to do with players that sethome in someone else's house. No good way to undo that, except maybe a tempban if they refuse to leave?
"If you don't have a good sense of humor, you're better off dead!" --Roger Rabbit

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

MommyKat wrote:Also kinda wishing I knew what to do with players that sethome in someone else's house. No good way to undo that, except maybe a tempban if they refuse to leave?
I will nudge octacian in the ribs to remind him to update multihome to allow anyone with a certain priv to modify player's homes.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

MommyKat wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:
Thoughts?
Also kinda wishing I knew what to do with players that sethome in someone else's house. No good way to undo that, except maybe a tempban if they refuse to leave?
Find the place they sethome and put a temp lava pit under it >:D
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

Lone_Wolf, did you get back from your trip? I cannot believe I got DrClaw (MommyKat) to sit still so I could take a selfie with her! :D usually she's all over the place hehe xD.
Attachments
My Favorite Animal Looks Just Like Me In Minetest! :D
My Favorite Animal Looks Just Like Me In Minetest! :D
images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 684 times
DrClaw and I
DrClaw and I
screenshot_20170709_175219.png (169.35 KiB) Viewed 684 times
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

harmony wrote:Lone_Wolf, did you get back from your trip? I cannot believe I got DrClaw (MommyKat) to sit still so I could take a selfie with her! :D usually she's all over the place hehe xD.
Nope the fire has delayed it -_-
Could Prince_Night have a revoke of his homes priv? He keeps breaking my lava-orb farm.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
MommyKat wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:-snip-/quote]
Find the place they sethome and put a temp lava pit under it >:D
No need for lava (which requires lava priv anyway) - just fill the location with stone or cobble and wait.... XD

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

KCoombes wrote: No need for lava (which requires lava priv anyway) - just fill the location with stone or cobble and wait.... XD
I can Glitch through 3 or more blocks of stone. Hard to do that :P

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Was Luna-HD unbanned? She's on rn.

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Was Luna-HD unbanned? She's on rn.
IIRC it was a temp-ban.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

O_O
Same junjun

koby-minetest
GitHub: koby-minetest
IRC: koby koby2
In-game: koby koby2 JinjaNinja

by koby-minetest » Post

send Donyae_Collis to kill her ;P
hi im koby i like playing minetest
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

koby-minetest wrote:send Donyae_Collis to kill her ;P
koby2: You just gave me an extremely worrying and horrible thought...

koby-minetest
GitHub: koby-minetest
IRC: koby koby2
In-game: koby koby2 JinjaNinja

by koby-minetest » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
what is that thought?
hi im koby i like playing minetest
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

koby-minetest wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
what is that thought?
I'm not sure if it's true so...
When are we going to get vote and all the other missing mods back IOKA?

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Hi, greetings n_n. I don't know why I can't get access to the server. :D
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

MommyKat

by MommyKat » Post

FYI, for the record, had to ban jonasQ today. He was glitching in and out of all sorts of places that he shouldn't have had access to. He was breaking walls with a BOOK and getting through them. LW and I agreed that he is likely a hacker, therefore, insta-ban.

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

MommyKat wrote:FYI, for the record, had to ban jonasQ today. He was glitching in and out of all sorts of places that he shouldn't have had access to. He was breaking walls with a BOOK and getting through them. LW and I agreed that he is likely a hacker, therefore, insta-ban.
Refer to PM.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad: Consider this mod maybe? Gameplay is boring sometimes. Maybe make the damage and health rise slower so that newbies have a chance though xD
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17922

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

DC, what GreenDimond said is correct. Although for some of these repeat offenders, we will defer to you (and the other Mods) and trust the judgment of our Moderator team because we don't witness everything you witness. If you have witnessed the offender repeatedly making gameplay unpleasant for many other players, and the offender has not responded to any corrective actions... ban them for a good long time, they aren't welcome on the server.

Luna-HD was only temp banned for 24 hours and was told she is "under watch." If she doesn't respond to the temp ban, she will just be banned for a longer period of time. One year will probably do the trick. ;)

Gameguy1000 was already under watch and had already been spoken to, and he decided to continue to harass other players including a staff member. As far as I could tell, his sole purpose on the server was to harass others. So, he got a year. Buh bye now!

Players find so many subtle nuances of rule breaking, it's very difficult to come up with one consistent punishment/length of time. Also, I am more inclined to be more lenient if a rule breaker is otherwise a decent player who brings positive things to the server as well. If someone is obviously on the server just to be a jackhole, they can go play somewhere else.

Clear as mud? lol

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Here's a cool mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18057#p282669
If you do get it just don't make it replace nyancats and maybe say HOMETOWN instead?
Last edited by Lone_Wolf on Tue Jul 11, 2017 05:16, edited 2 times in total.

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

LW, what is it with all these mod requests?!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GreenDimond wrote:LW, what is it with all these mod requests?!
*Suggestions
idk lol. See a cool mod and point it out. I'll stop now if it's getting annoying.
EDIT: Edited other post. I had worded it wrong before sorry :/

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

Kibbie wrote:Not all mobile devices can handle this server. That's the biggest reason we constantly refuse to add more mods (like vehicles, etc.) because many players can't access the server as it is.
She already said no so stop asking!!

EDIT: even if you know that second mod is super cool XD
EDIT #2: Also Image
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD