[Server] HOMETOWN

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Cpt_mcg » Post

I am the best at parkour, I got here, so I must be. This is the window at the Church at spawn :)
Attachments
lolHowdIgetHere.png
lolHowdIgetHere.png (487.03 KiB) Viewed 517 times
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:I am the best at parkour, I got here, so I must be. This is the window at the Church at spawn :)
I can get there and to the top of the roof ;)
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

teenspirit
In-game: darianbrown

by teenspirit » Post

We are safe where we are at, the storm has moved on, but it is pouring buckets into the rivers. The reason our internet went out was actually because of the houses smashing into the bridge. So until the water recedes and repairs begin on the bridges, I won't be on.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

teenspirit wrote:We are safe where we are at, the storm has moved on, but it is pouring buckets into the rivers. The reason our internet went out was actually because of the houses smashing into the bridge. So until the water recedes and repairs begin on the bridges, I won't be on.
Holy Cow! Glad you are safe. Stay that way and worry about fun and games later!

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

teenspirit wrote:We are safe where we are at, the storm has moved on, but it is pouring buckets into the rivers. The reason our internet went out was actually because of the houses smashing into the bridge. So until the water recedes and repairs begin on the bridges, I won't be on.
Houses smashing into the bridge? I hope the people who lived there have a place to stay now. When it flooded where I am, we were okay, so we got in cars and took people from boats to a school and provided them with food and clothing :)

I was going to play Minetest instead, but then I decided I'd better help real people.

ynomrah
IRC: Ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

teenspirit wrote:Sorry to just disappear on everyone earlier. The flooding here in Missouri has made power intermittent. Now it has damaged our internet, I just got cell signal back to write this. I am not abandoning the server or the green city project, I am just unable to get to any of it rn. Could be like this till Thursday or Friday.
That's horrible! I don't think we have ever had a flood here. I hope everything is okay!

ynomrah
IRC: Ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by ynomrah » Post

That's good that everything is okay!

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Cpt_mcg wrote:I am the best at parkour, I got here, so I must be. This is the window at the Church at spawn :)
Nice signature ;)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Nice signature ;)
I was hoping we could start up a group with it like that lol.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Oh okay XD

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

GoldenHart's server looks alot like HOMETOWN (At least the spawn). I can't wait to get interact. :D

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

BBmine wrote:GoldenHart's server looks alot like HOMETOWN (At least the spawn). I can't wait to get interact. :D
You mean 'feels'? I don't think Kibbie and ExeterDad have a giant skull with flaming eyes, claws scraping the ground, and another hand around a flaming post at their spawn lol...
(It has the same 'homey' feel that I feel when entering Hometown)...

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote:GoldenHart's server looks alot like HOMETOWN (At least the spawn). I can't wait to get interact. :D
This actually made me giggle-snort. It looks nothing like HOMETOWN, but has a lot of cool touches and creativity with GH's own flair. :)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:
This actually made me giggle-snort. It looks nothing like HOMETOWN, but has a lot of cool touches and creativity with GH's own flair. :)
The spawn does..... especially that waterfountain.

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

My server made no attempt to copy HOMETOWN, and really, doesn't look anything like it. The only thing we copied was HOMETOWN's money system, but it made sense to go with something that was already working pretty well; if Kibbie and Exeter want me to change it I will in a hartbeat.

Also, Kibbie, my server was build by more than just me, with GreenDimond and Lone_Wolf doing huge chunks of work.

And I thought I asked nobody to post about my server yet, lol I don't want to be seen as advertising my server on forums or in game.
K. I'm bored with signatures.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:The only thing we copied was HOMETOWN's money system
Ehm, no you didn't. HOMETOWN uses easyvend, while your server uses something like BitChange.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:My server made no attempt to copy HOMETOWN, and really, doesn't look anything like it. The only thing we copied was HOMETOWN's money system, but it made sense to go with something that was already working pretty well; if Kibbie and Exeter want me to change it I will in a hartbeat.

Also, Kibbie, my server was build by more than just me, with GreenDimond and Lone_Wolf doing huge chunks of work.
You kook! Not sure why that would matter to us? Even if you were using the same money system it wouldn't be one we created, so of course it would be fine. If it was one we created, that would be fine too. :)

And I stand corrected, GoldenHart's, GreenDimond's, and Lone_Wolf's flair. LOL (I wasn't sure who built what.) In any case, it looks awesome! I was just pointing out to Baggins that you definitely did not copy HOMETOWN. Sorry, I was kinda defending you there.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote: The spawn does..... especially that waterfountain.
We don't hold the trademark on water fountains. lol

RealGoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

My bad...let me clarify, by money system I was referring to the common currency of gold ingots and exact same pricing of ores :P

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:
I know. I think I know what it might be. Whenever I make a spawn on any of my servers, it ends up looking kinda like the spawn of a server I like to play on, even if I don't plan it. I don't think GH planned it that way, but that's the way it looks (to me anyway). Sorry if you don't agree.

GoldenHart, I don't remember you telling me not to advertize your server. Sorry, maybe I wasn't there when you said it. At least I didn't create a topic for it xD

RealGoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

BBmine wrote:
Kibbie wrote:
I know. I think I know what it might be. Whenever I make a spawn on any of my servers, it ends up looking kinda like the spawn of a server I like to play on, even if I don't plan it. I don't think GH planned it that way, but that's the way it looks (to me anyway). Sorry if you don't agree.

GoldenHart, I don't remember you telling me not to advertize your server. Sorry, maybe I wasn't there when you said it. At least I didn't create a topic for it xD
Nobody else thought my server looked like HOMETOWN. lots of servers have fountains. I'm done here, cheers :)

ptvirgo
GitHub: ptvirgo
In-game: Mox Wos

by ptvirgo » Post

Nice server.

I started doing some mining and came across an extensive network of lit caves and stairs. Extensive meaning: walking around for almost an hour and I could not find where the lighting ended. Weird thing was that it seemed like nothing had been taken. All the minerals were all over the place, and there were none of the kinds of holes you'd expect if someone was digging up coal, even to make all the torches.

Is there some automatic, well-lit dungeon generator, or did I stumble onto the work of someone who likes placing torches and doing *nothing else?*
{-| Visiting Minetest worlds and making up stories: www.codeforyendor.xyz -}

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ptvirgo wrote:Nice server.

I started doing some mining and came across an extensive network of lit caves and stairs. Extensive meaning: walking around for almost an hour and I could not find where the lighting ended. Weird thing was that it seemed like nothing had been taken. All the minerals were all over the place, and there were none of the kinds of holes you'd expect if someone was digging up coal, even to make all the torches.

Is there some automatic, well-lit dungeon generator, or did I stumble onto the work of someone who likes placing torches and doing *nothing else?*
If you're really rich, you don't need the ores, so you can just light up caves and have fun xD I'm really rich and I don't mine ores much anymore :)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

ptvirgo wrote:Is there some automatic, well-lit dungeon generator, or did I stumble onto the work of someone who likes placing torches and doing *nothing else?*
Probably the latter. I do that occasionally :P
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ptvirgo wrote:Nice server.

Me and my nyancat fever probably...
(13 on this sever maybe?)