[Server] HOMETOWN

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Winnie the Pooh wrote:The server is unplayable with all this lag. I was running around, but it kept throwing me in other places I had run in (throwing me back a few seconds). I can't wait for HOMETOWN to get permafixed. Until then, Imma just do real life, realer than even Pooh Bear.

In the above pic, what I said in chat is about that lag.
Now ya'll know what I'm like 80% of the time :)
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Winnie the Pooh wrote:The server is unplayable with all this lag. I was running around, but it kept throwing me in other places I had run in (throwing me back a few seconds). I can't wait for HOMETOWN to get permafixed. Until then, Imma just do real life, realer than even Pooh Bear.

In the above pic, what I said in chat is about that lag.
Now ya'll know what I'm like 80% of the time :)
Lol yeah you're always complaining about lag. Poor LW xD
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

koby-minetest
GitHub: koby-minetest
IRC: koby koby2
In-game: koby koby2 JinjaNinja

by koby-minetest » Post

harmony wrote:Thank you ExeterDad and Kibbie for making the most AWESOME server ever! You are the nicest people I have ever met :)
how does that make sense???!!!
hi im koby i like playing minetest
HELP mcg, she needs help
P.S i stole her line.

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

I will be working on a cool secret project with ferrum that will benifit the whole MT community (do not worry it is not military related :P), that is if Ferrum can survive the constant hater onslaught for that long

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

koby-minetest wrote:
harmony wrote:Thank you ExeterDad and Kibbie for making the most AWESOME server ever! You are the nicest people I have ever met :)
What do you mean?
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

harmony wrote:
koby-minetest wrote:
koby-minetest wrote:how does that make sense???!!!
What do you mean?
That's what he means xD
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

teenspirit
In-game: darianbrown

by teenspirit » Post

Diamond knight wrote:I will be working on a cool secret project with ferrum that will benifit the whole MT community (do not worry it is not military related :P), that is if Ferrum can survive the constant hater onslaught for that long
Quit bringing clan stuff here outright. The constant complaints about all your many enemies is getting so old. Seriously, man up already. Just let the ferrum crap go for a bit, everyone would be better off.

teenspirit

by teenspirit » Post

server wont let me connect, says 27-30 are connected with various refreshes, but times out every time. My internet is fine.

Winnie the Pooh
In-game: Winnie-the-Pooh

by Winnie the Pooh » Post

teenspirit wrote:server wont let me connect, says 27-30 are connected with various refreshes, but times out every time. My internet is fine.
I believe the server is very laggy.
I like HUNNY!

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

It figures... server is in debug mode. Ready to catch whatever happens when it crashes.... and it won't crash. I think this is the longest by far it's run in the last few days without crashing. Wasn't it crashing like every fifteen minutes the other day? No code has been changed. I haven't known "what" to change.
Sorry about the performance of debug mode :(

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

by red-001 » Post

wow this is one active forum topic

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

And.....I'm too lazy to read the 4(!!!) pages I haven't read, OVER 2 DAYS!!
Also...I'M BACKKKK!!
lol, sorry. Just had too, it's the right(ish I guess) moment xD
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Looks like the special forces have arrived
red-001 wrote:wow this is one active forum topic
seems to be the only active topic lately :P
It's quiet everywhere else recently.... too quiet
A Wonderful World

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:Looks like the special forces have arrived
red-001 wrote:wow this is one active forum topic
seems to be the only active topic lately :P
Agreed

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

It's quiet. Too quiet.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:seems to be the only active topic lately :P
Because all of Minetest is on the edge of their chairs wondering what's next on HOMETOWN. Whether or not everyone is going to kill each other... or if the server is going to spontaneously combust before I ever figure out whats causing those crashes that won't happen while I'm debugging. :P
/me rips hair out by the roots.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

this server is in house? or hosted?
could crashes be hardware related?
Although I assume that sort of thing would show on a debug log

and yeh... HOMETOWN is more interesting than anything on tv these days :P
(quick thought..., a Minetest/HOMETOWN reality show) KAAAA CHANG!!!! $P
Last edited by TumeniNodes on Sat Jun 24, 2017 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
A Wonderful World

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
TumeniNodes wrote:seems to be the only active topic lately :P
Because all of Minetest is on the edge of their chairs wondering what's next on HOMETOWN. Whether or not everyone is going to kill each other... or if the server is going to spontaneously combust before I ever figure out whats causing those crashes that won't happen while I'm debugging. :P
/me rips hair out by the roots.
Haha me too ^^^last comment :P

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Okay...I'm now literally going to rip my hair out!!! I am very fed up at this point. First the screenshot (down below) then starting a huge outburst on the server. Gosh so much people standing up for me right now, I am thankful for that. Then wanting to vote ban me (He wanted too, not that he could xD Okay...that's because spotted thought I was staff LOL and he'd get banned for 5 mins) then JohnnyGage got called a mutt. And now I think he's trying to kill everyone (Possibly). Last but not least, I am in a crappy mood and told people so before.....and he's piling more stuff on me -_- I am so done right now, it's driving me nuts!!
(sorry for the horrible writing, I'm using a right-handed mouse and I'm left-handed soooooo...yeah)
Attachments
Tony_Stark.png
Tony_Stark.png (294.39 KiB) Viewed 753 times

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

teenspirit wrote:
Diamond knight wrote:I will be working on a cool secret project with ferrum that will benifit the whole MT community (do not worry it is not military related :P), that is if Ferrum can survive the constant hater onslaught for that long
Quit bringing clan stuff here outright. The constant complaints about all your many enemies is getting so old. Seriously, man up already. Just let the ferrum crap go for a bit, everyone would be better off.
I cannot talk about clan stuff at all, seems hypocritical as you talk about your clan here but when clans you do not like post here you claim they shouldn't post here

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:Okay...I'm now literally going to rip my hair out!!! I am very fed up at this point. First the screenshot (down below) then starting a huge outburst on the server. Gosh so much people standing up for me right now, I am thankful for that. Then wanting to vote ban me (He wanted too, not that he could xD Okay...that's because spotted thought I was staff LOL and he'd get banned for 5 mins) then JohnnyGage got called a mutt. And now I think he's trying to kill everyone (Possibly). Last but not least, I am in a crappy mood and told people so before.....and he's piling more stuff on me -_- I am so done right now, it's driving me nuts!!
(sorry for the horrible writing, I'm using a right-handed mouse and I'm left-handed soooooo...yeah)
(At the bottom)
Dorito (Dorito_Pr) is Donyae_Collins
Last edited by Lone_Wolf on Sat Jun 24, 2017 05:33, edited 1 time in total.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

Oh em gee, I cannot keep up with you people! lol

Okay, in no particular order.......

mcg - welcome back!

octacian - have a great weekend!

koby - Sorry, I honestly hadn't noticed you weren't around......"no offense." ;)

Tumeninodes - Hosted on a dedicated server in Kansas City. We had wondered if the crashes were a hardware issue, however the server did not crash while running debug today, so not likely.

LW and Baggins - Sorry for all the lag while the server was running in debug. Hopefully the server is back to normal now?

Harmony and micah - Thank you both for being so awesome and supportive. We appreciate you. XOXO

kiko - Argh! Totally forgot! I will try to get it taken care of tonight. Sorry about that, my friend!

Miniminaut - Are you suggesting the yeti's throw margaritas? I knew you were a brilliant builder, but had no idea you were *THAT* brilliant. Best suggestion EVER. :D

Diamondknight, teenspirit, elinor, et al - Holy mother of monkeys, just STOP. Do you know what I hear when you guys are bickering? My own kids... All. Day. Long.

"MOMMMM, he broke my ....."
"MOM! MOM! She pinched me and all I did was lightly slap her!"
"MOM, why do you always believe him over me? It's not fairrrrrrrrrr...."
"MOM! She's had 20 more minutes on the Xbox and I want my turn!"

Please guys. I'm tired. Have pity and help save what is left of my sanity. Thankyouverymuch.

A word about elinor. I admit EDad and I were immediately suspicious (yes, before any of you even mentioned anything) that elinor could be vita. There were many coincidences and some similarities, and we were a little suspicious. However, I will tell you the IP addresses for vita and elinor originate from totally different parts of the world and do not appear to be proxy IPs. In all honestly guys, we really have no way of knowing. As long as elinor follows the rules and doesn't try to hurt the server, we've put our suspicions to rest.

teenspirit

by teenspirit » Post

Diamond knight wrote:
teenspirit wrote:
I cannot talk about clan stuff at all, seems hypocritical as you talk about your clan here but when clans you do not like post here you claim they shouldn't post here
Ok, being a whiny tattle tail, and talking about a build are two different things. Take your clan somewhere else if you want to stop losing. Maybe keep your mouth shut when you get there, too. Seriously, grow a pair.

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Kibbie wrote:Oh em gee, I cannot keep up with you people! lol

Okay, in no particular order.......

mcg - welcome back!

octacian - have a great weekend!

koby - Sorry, I honestly hadn't noticed you weren't around......"no offense." ;)

Tumeninodes - Hosted on a dedicated server in Kansas City. We had wondered if the crashes were a hardware issue, however the server did not crash while running debug today, so not likely.

LW and Baggins - Sorry for all the lag while the server was running in debug. Hopefully the server is back to normal now?

Harmony and micah - Thank you both for being so awesome and supportive. We appreciate you. XOXO

kiko - Argh! Totally forgot! I will try to get it taken care of tonight. Sorry about that, my friend!

Miniminaut - Are you suggesting the yeti's throw margaritas? I knew you were a brilliant builder, but had no idea you were *THAT* brilliant. Best suggestion EVER. :D

Diamondknight, teenspirit, elinor, et al - Holy mother of monkeys, just STOP. Do you know what I hear when you guys are bickering? My own kids... All. Day. Long.

"MOMMMM, he broke my ....."
"MOM! MOM! She pinched me and all I did was lightly slap her!"
"MOM, why do you always believe him over me? It's not fairrrrrrrrrr...."
"MOM! She's had 20 more minutes on the Xbox and I want my turn!"

Please guys. I'm tired. Have pity and help save what is left of my sanity. Thankyouverymuch.

A word about elinor. I admit EDad and I were immediately suspicious (yes, before any of you even mentioned anything) that elinor could be vita. There were many coincidences and some similarities, and we were a little suspicious. However, I will tell you the IP addresses for vita and elinor originate from totally different parts of the world and do not appear to be proxy IPs. In all honestly guys, we really have no way of knowing. As long as elinor follows the rules and doesn't try to hurt the server, we've put our suspicions to rest.
Thank you! and I agree with the bottom statement :3

Randomly thought of this: You remind me of my drama/art teacher xD (The way you talk, well type on here, whatever you get it!!)

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

So update. Server is not running debug any more. That's good. What's bad? Stacks of gold are bad. Since the beginning our stacks of gold ingots were modified to go beyond 99 (the default). We have them on 999 because it's just cool. But tonights new code from Minetest breaks that. When you log in, if you had large stacks of gold in your inventory, they are now 99. Any leftover is lost. Gone, nothing I can do. It's lost the moment you log in.
You can still have a stack of gold over 99. You can grow it to 999. But..... if you log out, and come back... it's reduced to 99 again. Same goes for transferring your huge pile (stack) of gold around in your bags or chests. The moment you move it... it becomes 99. I can't fix this as it's in the game itself.
Hopefully Minetest devs will do something about this soon. Or maybe they won't. I don't know what I can do about it right now.
We crashed two times after I brought the server off of debug mode. Even after NO crashes during 8+ hours of laggy debug mode without a crash. Both those crashes actually left a error message. This message was very useful. There was a problem with TNT after all. Not in the TNT from Minetest... but with the function I use to count and limit how much TNT can be set off. Apparently function has changed at some point so my counting routine was going beyond a limit that wasn't a issue before.
I fixed the issue and twice set off 99 TNT without a crash. Cross your fingers that this was the elusive crash that has been messing with us!