[Server] HOMETOWN

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by BBmine » Post

Spoiler
Also, when I placed my anvil, it said "Owned by Baggins" for a few seconds, but then went blank and wouldn't let me open it. I had to place it several times before it let me :P
Attachments
20170720_053814_Camillia_Cuzzing.png
20170720_053814_Camillia_Cuzzing.png (177.35 KiB) Viewed 629 times

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

So...supjk and I were looking for nians--for the 3rd day in a row!--but then the server started getting very laggy. So laggy that it got impossible to mine because monsters would kill me, but when I looked, they'd be somewhere else. Then supjk and I went home, but it was next to impossible to build too, so I just left. I hope the lagginess gets fixed. This is the best server ever, but it's unplayable right now :(

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:So...supjk and I were looking for nians--for the 3rd day in a row!--but then the server started getting very laggy. So laggy that it got impossible to mine because monsters would kill me, but when I looked, they'd be somewhere else. Then supjk and I went home, but it was next to impossible to build too, so I just left. I hope the lagginess gets fixed. This is the best server ever, but it's unplayable right now :(
If you are searching and loading many blocks, you can get very laggy quickly. Please try logging out and right back in to see if that makes a difference? I have to do it all the time with my laptop whenever I cover a bunch of ground.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote:So...supjk and I were looking for nians--for the 3rd day in a row!--but then the server started getting very laggy. So laggy that it got impossible to mine because monsters would kill me, but when I looked, they'd be somewhere else. Then supjk and I went home, but it was next to impossible to build too, so I just left. I hope the lagginess gets fixed. This is the best server ever, but it's unplayable right now :(
If you are searching and loading many blocks, you can get very laggy quickly. Please try logging out and right back in to see if that makes a difference? I have to do it all the time with my laptop whenever I cover a bunch of ground.
I did, but it didn't get better. supjk thought it might've been our looking all over the place for nians.

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

The server stats always seem fine, so we're pretty perplexed by this lag and wonder if it's on the player's end. (RAM issue) Can you describe it? Is it a matter on FPS dropping so it's hard to move? Or is it like when you mine some blocks and they reappear - or you are walking and suddenly seem like you are back where you started?

Forgive the question, but have you guys tried closing your client and signing back on? My laptop gets pretty overwhelmed after playing for long periods of time because I've loaded so many nodes and my memory is full. After restarting my craptop, the server runs perfectly for me. You and supjk are exploring those massive caverns, just a thought.

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

BBmine wrote:nians
BBmine wrote:nians
I can't stand it anymore. I usually don't write short posts like this. But, it's "nyans" Baggins :P
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote: I did, but it didn't get better. supjk thought it might've been our looking all over the place for nians.
EDad and I were posting at the same time, apparently. Jinx EDad! :D

Baggins, try actually restarting your computer so you clear your memory. Works for me.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:
BBmine wrote: I did, but it didn't get better. supjk thought it might've been our looking all over the place for nians.
EDad and I were posting at the same time, apparently. Jinx EDad! :D

Baggins, try actually restarting your computer so you clear your memory. Works for me.
I closed my Minetest, packed for camp some, came back on, and it was fine, but my sound doesn't work, so I'll reboot it anyhow :P

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:but my sound doesn't work, so I'll reboot it anyhow
I'm pretty sure you are running latest Minetest. There's a new volume control option. If you hit ESC you will see the volume control button. Just slide the toggle until you have the desired game volume. ALSO the "M" key will toggle your game 'mute' in and out. Easily hit by accident while playing.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote:but my sound doesn't work, so I'll reboot it anyhow
I'm pretty sure you are running latest Minetest. There's a new volume control option. If you hit ESC you will see the volume control button. Just slide the toggle until you have the desired game volume. ALSO the "M" key will toggle your game 'mute' in and out. Easily hit by accident while playing.
Yes, I know, but Youtube wouldn't work either. Rebooting it did fix it tho.

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

koby-minetest wrote:
harmony wrote:
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:Image
LOL sry I know I shouldn't say that... so on topic, what's with all the bugs suddenly happening?
i hate patrick hes too triangle
LOL racists against triangles? :/
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GD: Next time you get stuck in the wall of jail just eat a ton of red mushrooms.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Salex
In-game: Salex

by Salex » Post

Beast24 say ok if you are done
Last edited by Salex on Thu Jul 20, 2017 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Salex will not be an active account on forums.I asked Admins of server I play to change my name from Salex to FGH or to help me get the account back.So now I'll play as FGH(my old nickname)and my minetest forum account will be FGH.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

It's back to lagging again. This time it does it on more than one pc.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:It's back to lagging again. This time it does it on more than one pc.
Well... at this moment we have 45 players on.
Load average is 1.2 with a 8 core machine.
2.6 GB ram taken out of 32GB

ping from this machine: 52ms with 0 packet loss.
The machine is far from running slow my friend.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
BBmine wrote:It's back to lagging again. This time it does it on more than one pc.

Then I wonder what's wrong?

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:

Then I wonder what's wrong?
We have a lot of TNT users, maybe TNT is causing lag spikes? Also, don't vendors cause lag?

I signed on (incognito) a while ago. I did collect over 30 abandoned carts roaming the roads, but didn't experience any lag whatsoever.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:I signed on (incognito) a while ago. I did collect over 30 abandoned carts roaming the roads, but didn't experience any lag whatsoever.
Well servers will always behave around their masters :P

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

So... I was bored. So I transformed the server spawn and made a timelapse out of it. Here is the video. Litteraly half of it is the intro. So.. it's really short. But hey. A video's a video :P
And like/subscribe if you feel like it :P
Last edited by GreenXenith on Fri Jul 21, 2017 01:26, edited 2 times in total.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GreenDimond wrote:So... I was bored. So I transformed the server spawn and made a timelapse out of it. Here is the video. Litteraly half of it is the intro. So.. it's really short. But hey. A video's a video :P
Watch the video here!
Nice! It looks cool!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

harmony
IRC: ynomrah
In-game: ynomrah

by harmony » Post

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday... all the phones and internet went out. We couldn't even call 911 if we had to... it could've been worse though... they said it could have lasted until Friday... it happened in a lot of places. The towers went out or something
저는 방탄소년단 를 사랑해요!!! 아미!! 김남준,김석진,민윤기,정호석,박지민,김태형,전정국,방탄소년단!
저는 블랙핑크 를 사랑해요!!! 블링크!! 김지수,김제니,박채영,리사(ปราณ ปริ ยา มโน บาล)

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

harmony wrote:Sorry I wasn't on yesterday... all the phones and internet went out. We couldn't even call 911 if we had to... it could've been worse though... they said it could have lasted until Friday... it happened in a lot of places. The towers went out or something
Yikes! So sorry to hear that! I'm glad it's resolved. :)

I was wondering where you were, I figured we lost you to LW's server, and I was prepared to fight LW to the death for you! HOMETOWN cannot be without our ynomrah! :D

/me slaps LW, and reminds him we love him too. <3

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Kibbie wrote:/me slaps LW, and reminds him we love him too. <3
/me prefers a more dude-like approach and gives LW a wedgie.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

A word about custom skins....

We are absolutely inundated with requests for custom skins. Frankly kiddies, at this point we cannot keep up with the requests. Not to mention the fact the requests and links often come to me via PM in-game, and I can't copy and paste chat with the version of Linux I have on my computer. So if I am sent a lengthy link via PM in game (and I'm always slammed with PMs) there is an excellent chance I will not be able to grab my phone or a pen and paper to copy down a long complicated link! Let me put it another way, I'm not doing that anymore. ;)

Also, as I indicated in chat earlier when I was slammed with:
  • "IOKA, where is my skin? It's been 3 nanoseconds since I sent you the link!"
    "IOKA, can I have this skin? http://www.helltotheno.com/124253743727 ... 273652.png"
    "IOKA, I gave you a book with the link to the skin I want, please rifle through your chests to find the book I gave you. You should be able to spot it easily because it looks just like the other 2,549 books players have given you...."
We have well over 1,000 unique players every single day. Wanna see for yourself? The next time you are on the server, type /players and you will see the stats. This magnified screenshot snip was taken around 11:30 EST, and the day is still very young...

For this reason:

• 1. We must request players be regular players on HOMETOWN for at least 30 days before being eligible for a custom skin.

2. For now, custom skin requests must be sent to me via forum PM only, that way I can easily find your request and visit the link to the skin you want. The subject of your PM should read "SKIN REQUEST." If your forum name is different from your HOMETOWN name, please indicate who you are in-game (with exact capitalization and spelling).

3. The skin must be covered by creative commons licensing and not copyrighted, or must be your own creation.

4. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the skin to be converted (if necessary) and the necessary meta to be completed, and for installation on the server. It's not that it takes 2 weeks to accomplish those tasks, it's that it may take us 2 weeks to get to it. We gots a real life to live an' stuff. ;)

Bottom line, we really want to make you guys happy. We know you aren't deliberately trying to be pains in the rumpus, and we know you are all just excited to be recognized as your own unique players with your own unique flair. We totally get it! If you could please just follow the guidelines I posted, it would make it easier for us to help you get dressed. :)

Now, a word about jerseys....

Our infinitely creative GreenDimond made custom jerseys for the Admins and Moderators. They are *awesome* and we love them. The problem is, now most of our players love them too and I am getting jersey requests just as often as skin requests. (Yikes!) I don't think they were ever really intended for distribution, but GD gave BlueFireUn a Kibbie jersey and now everybody is saying "How come so-and-so gets a jersey and I don't??" (Double yikes!) It's pretty flattering, honestly...and hard to say "no," but we just can't give out entire jersey collections to all the players. The jerseys are certainly easier to give out than custom skins since they are already on the server, but the requests! Oh my aching head! (I hope that explanation makes sense?)

So here is my thought, I'm thinking maybe we can hold contests with jerseys for prizes. I'm going to have to consult with GreenDimond on this one, as he is the creator of the jerseys (and generally regarded as the "fun one" as well) so I need his yay or nay. If you haven't seen the jerseys, they are inside the town hall. The only ones missing are octacian and DrClaw, GreenDimond has created them, ExeterDad just needs to get them on the server. (Hence the empty stand)

Thanks y'all! XOXO
Attachments
jerseys.png
jerseys.png (164.62 KiB) Viewed 629 times
players.png
players.png (29.3 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Last edited by Kibbie on Fri Jul 21, 2017 17:15, edited 3 times in total.