[Server] HOMETOWN

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Fixer » Post

There is one thing that I dislike - protector_redo, it is pain to build with it and you also end up with those logos everywhere, areas or landrush/simple_protection can be viable alternative.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:There is one thing that I dislike - protector_redo, it is pain to build with it and you also end up with those logos everywhere, areas or landrush/simple_protection can be viable alternative.
I completely agree. No arguments from us.
But... with the protection blocks. There's virtually zero help needed from "staff" when a less seasoned player wants to protect something. They just throw down a pro block and it's done. But yes... the glowing badges are indeed spammy. and no matter how good you hide them, they appear "out of place".

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

landrush is dead easy to use, you craft claim block and just put it down, it protects 16x16 cell from -100 to 200 iirc, that can be changed (same for simple_protection mod). Owner is shown in hud. You can check this mod on Fozland or Liberty Land.

XtremeHacker
GitHub: MisterXtreme
IRC: MrXtreme
In-game: MrXtreme

by XtremeHacker » Post

Hi, I decided to join, and I'm just trying to find a nice spot for a house. :)
I have a skin, just wondering if it is OK (already converted for MT).

http://i.imgur.com/F9WvVQz.png?1
Yes, that is my Imgur account, it just seems someone already toke the nick "XtremeHacker", so I had to do "XtremeHacker8"
If you say that

Code: Select all

function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

XtremeHacker wrote:Hi, I decided to join, and I'm just trying to find a nice spot for a house. :)
I have a skin, just wondering if it is OK (already converted for MT).

http://i.imgur.com/F9WvVQz.png?1
Yes, that is my Imgur account, it just seems someone already toke the nick "XtremeHacker", so I had to do "XtremeHacker8"
Hey XtremeHacker, welcome! Your skin should be all set, as of last night's restart. :)

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

HOMETOWN is three weeks old!

What's new?
  • *Armor shop is now open, with options for even the thriftiest players.
    *eddd opened a "Dollar Tree" store downtown, where he mostly buys wood. (Get it? Dollar TREE) *rimshot*
    *Sky_Fall_II opened a new convenience store next to the pet shop, you can get a little bit of everything, except for two day old hot dogs in a steamer.
    *ExeterDad has been busy behind the scenes working on code for every dang thing. (Adjusting TNT, new inventory and craft guide, and I-don't-even-know-what)
    *Celeste and Jonny had birthdays this week and broke their teeth on ExeterDad's unfinished (and inedible) cake. Heh. We hope they had happy birthdays anyway! :D
I was unable to get a map shot this week because my laptop was being a brat and wouldn't load all the chunks, but when I'm on a REAL computer (hear that, laptop??) I will take one. However, I did manage *some* screenshots. It's all about the castles this week!

We have some ambitious builders!

IMS_BULLDOGS built this "tiny" sand castle by the sea. The turrets are covered with dirt for farming purposes, so cool!

teen's castle, truth's house, their pretty garden...and a PYRAMAZE! Seriously, the creativity...

saavedra's Nyan castle, impressive build!!

Thanks for looking, visiting the server, and for playing! Have a great weekend!

Coming soon!

Furniture store (Yes yes, I'll get to it, pinky swear. Y'all need to stop yabbering at me because that makes me yabber back and not get any work done)

:D
Attachments
saavedra.png
saavedra.png (807.02 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
truth_teen.png
truth_teen.png (999.85 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
ims_bulldogs.png
ims_bulldogs.png (672.69 KiB) Viewed 1121 times

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

I'm feeling sad. I want to explore those wonderful builds....

stoneminer
GitHub: sm31
IRC: stoneminer
In-game: stoneminer

by stoneminer » Post

BBmine wrote:I'm feeling sad. I want to explore those wonderful builds....
Stop whining. You're permabanned, and that's the way it is. If it was a temporary ban, you would understand that you could always be unbanned and get on whenever you want, and probably do more damage, whether by accident or on purpose. But if you know you'll never be unbanned, you'll probably learn your lesson faster.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk tho...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

There are so many amazing builds to explore, and I've barely even had a chance to venture out of downtown! Dear heavens :D

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Amount of protected land by eddd is huge, roughly half of city perimeter already taken.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:Amount of protected land by eddd is huge, roughly half of city perimeter already taken.
eddd has visions of being a realtor. He claims he is protecting around spawn to only allow high quality builds in the area.
eddd is eddd... so only time will tell what is going on there. But.... squatting is not allowed as written in the rules. So he should be careful (and fast) with his vested efforts as those pro blocks are no match for a SuperPick. :P

bigfoot
GitHub: bigfoot547
IRC: bigfoot547 or bigfoot
In-game: bigfoot547 or bigfoot

by bigfoot » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
bigfoot547 wrote:Hey ExeterDad! Would it be a good idea to get the morecommands mod for your server?
I would love to have made a mod that people use!
Thank you for considering!
I have toyed with the idea of installing your mod. But I would have to really do some editing to prevent conflicts with commands and such that I already have in place. I really want the vanishing command, but it's not skins friendly at all without some tweaking. I won't rule out installing your mod. I'm just in over my head for now with things that I want to fix or implement. Real life naturally decides to consume my time about the time we decide to launch a server lol
I would be able to help when it comes to compatability with the skins mod and armor mod, and if you want to, you can reply with a list of conflicting commands and I can remove them in the code.
Please tell me what skins mod you use so I can make compatability.
Thank you for considering my mod!

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Is it okay for people getting 'married' in-game? Joined at a weird time and 2 people were getting 'married'...
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:Is it okay for people getting 'married' in-game? Joined at a weird time and 2 people were getting 'married'...
Supposedly (not confirmed), dating is not allowed. Which includes...^this^.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

stoneminer wrote:
Stop whining. You're permabanned, and that's the way it is. If it was a temporary ban, you would understand that you could always be unbanned and get on whenever you want, and probably do more damage, whether by accident or on purpose. But if you know you'll never be unbanned, you'll probably learn your lesson faster.

But you're banned too, so you can't play either.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

BBmine wrote:
stoneminer wrote:

But you're banned too, so you can't play either.
Stoneminer's banned? Doesn't appear so. Unless he has another name on our server. Not likely, as very few besides you have been banned.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Are you going to put a 2000*2000 map? :}

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:Are you going to put a 2000*2000 map? :}
I want to! But unfortunately I'm having trouble compiling minetest mapper with postgresql (our db of course). I need to ask for help on git.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

BTW, I went other way and just used your seed and mgv7 and I noticed that biomes are somewhat warmer in my setup. Have you changed something?

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I've been wondering if I should be enforcing specific rules regarding dating and/or role playing, since every time I login I see players engaging in these activities. But I can't find any mention in this thread and only a cursory warning at spawn. So I'm hesitant do discourage those players without more clarity on the subject.

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:BTW, I went other way and just used your seed and mgv7 and I noticed that biomes are somewhat warmer in my setup. Have you changed something?
Yes, the map_meta.txt was edited, map.sqlite deleted, restart. Over and over until we got something that was workable. We liked mountains, but there just wasn't enough "tamed" area between them. Spawn and a large area around were tera-formed like crazy, and was mostly jungle as well.
Attachments
map_meta.txt.zip
(754 Bytes) Downloaded 74 times

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Spawn and a large area around were tera-formed like crazy, and was mostly jungle as well.
Ah, so spawn had a jungle near that mountain like on this pic: https://i.imgur.com/TsjJaeR.jpg

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Fixerol wrote:Are you going to put a 2000*2000 map? :}
I want to! But unfortunately I'm having trouble compiling minetest mapper with postgresql (our db of course). I need to ask for help on git.
I want to do that with Noob Academy. How do I go about it?

ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Fixerol wrote:
Spawn and a large area around were tera-formed like crazy, and was mostly jungle as well.
Ah, so spawn had a jungle near that mountain like on this pic: https://i.imgur.com/TsjJaeR.jpg
Going by memory and never generating a overhead view... that looks about right :)

So sofar helped me out and I got mtmapper up and running. I whipped up a 2k x 2k image. I still need a custom colors.txt generated, but the map looks pretty good. Thanks for the push to get this going. I wish I would of made images sooner :)

HOMETOWN 031317_2Kx2K

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

Sorry guys, i have been away from my moderator duties...real life caught up with me and I'm trying to free my schedule up again. I have briefly been on minetest servers past few days, but not very active.

Again my apologies, will try to be back soon
K. I'm bored with signatures.