[Server] HOMETOWN

Winnie the Pooh
In-game: Winnie-the-Pooh

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Winnie the Pooh » Post

ExeterDad wrote:So update. Server is not running debug any more. That's good. What's bad? Stacks of gold are bad. Since the beginning our stacks of gold ingots were modified to go beyond 99 (the default). We have them on 999 because it's just cool. But tonights new code from Minetest breaks that. When you log in, if you had large stacks of gold in your inventory, they are now 99. Any leftover is lost. Gone, nothing I can do. It's lost the moment you log in.
You can still have a stack of gold over 99. You can grow it to 999. But..... if you log out, and come back... it's reduced to 99 again. Same goes for transferring your huge pile (stack) of gold around in your bags or chests. The moment you move it... it becomes 99. I can't fix this as it's in the game itself.
Hopefully Minetest devs will do something about this soon. Or maybe they won't. I don't know what I can do about it right now.
We crashed two times after I brought the server off of debug mode. Even after NO crashes during 8+ hours of laggy debug mode without a crash. Both those crashes actually left a error message. This message was very useful. There was a problem with TNT after all. Not in the TNT from Minetest... but with the function I use to count and limit how much TNT can be set off. Apparently function has changed at some point so my counting routine was going beyond a limit that wasn't a issue before.
I fixed the issue and twice set off 99 TNT without a crash. Cross your fingers that this was the elusive crash that has been messing with us!
That's terrible! I will drown my sorrows in hunny then.....
I like HUNNY!

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

ExeterDad wrote:-snip- There was a problem with TNT after all. -snip-
Thank you for working day and night to fix the problem (I'm kinda grateful, kinda not. lol) However, please allow me to take this rare opportunity to say........ I told you so!! I told you so!! :-)~

Winnie the Pooh

Kibbie, don't you think it's about time to fill my hunny pots with weekly upadate?
I like HUNNY!

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Kibbie wrote:However, please allow me to take this rare opportunity to say........ I told you so!! I told you so!! :-)~
Ahem... you told me it was many things. Of course you eventually would be correct as you were suspect of the majority of anything :P

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

ExeterDad wrote:
Kibbie wrote:However, please allow me to take this rare opportunity to say........ I told you so!! I told you so!! :-)~
Ahem... you told me it was many things. Of course you eventually would be correct as you were suspect of the majority of anything :P
Nooo darling husband...I asked if it could be this or that. But I specifically suggested you should disable TNT. ;)

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

In our next episode... HOMETOWN, War of the Roses :D

So, the new theme song for HOMETOWN is T.N.T. ?
A Wonderful World

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Winnie the Pooh wrote:Kibbie, don't you think it's about time to fill my hunny pots with weekly upadate?
Nope, I've been doing them on Mondays now. However, I will probably do this week's update tomorrow night - trying to schedule around real life. ;)

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:In our next episode... HOMETOWN, War of the Roses :D

So, the new theme song for HOMETOWN is T.N.T. ?
Ha! This is our theme song, and pretty much my life. It will now be stuck in your head all day. You're welcome. ;)

Winnie the Pooh

Kibbie wrote:
Winnie the Pooh wrote:Kibbie, don't you think it's about time to fill my hunny pots with weekly upadate?
Nope, I've been doing them on Mondays now. However, I will probably do this week's update tomorrow night - trying to schedule around real life. ;)
Oh ok. I'll eat some hunny until then, I guess :)
I like HUNNY!

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

Gold stacks to only 99 now? Finally no more empty rows of treasury chests :P

Winnie the Pooh

Diamond knight wrote:Gold stacks to only 99 now? Finally no more empty rows of treasury chests :P
And you know what's sad? I feel like I might have gold in bigger stacks :((((((
I like HUNNY!

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Winnie the Pooh wrote:
Kibbie wrote:
Oh ok. I'll eat some hunny until then, I guess :)
Hmm... i didn`t see Bees mod on this server. So you can`t eat a hunny there.

Winnie the Pooh

@Andrey01 yes I can, there is hunny there. I've eaten hunny there.

/me eats more hunny.
I like HUNNY!

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Winnie the Pooh wrote:@Andrey01 yes I can, there is hunny there. I've eaten hunny there.

/me eats more hunny.
/me? What`s a command? I never knew it. Does Bees mod add it?

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

Kibbie wrote:
Harmony and micah - Thank you both for being so awesome and supportive. We appreciate you. XOXO
*hairflip* we do our best xD and, your welcome (wow I wanna break into song)

ALSO DB and DK for crying out loud I though you guys were peaceful now and all friends and stuff what happened to that?!
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Hang on to your gold stacks people. Do not move them to another empty slot. You can move them to a slot if there is at least one gold in the slot. Do NOT log out with stacks of gold over 99 in your inventory.

And..... the developers have marked my issue on this matter at Github as a bug, and are actually working on a patch right now. Maybe they will commit the code in time for server restart.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

You remind me of the woman in this movie Kibbie: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moms'_Night_Out
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

Elinor attacked me again (and protected next to my jungle city so I could not expand) and he is freinds with Elinor, hopefully DB does not yell at me for answering a question

That us your answer speedy

I am louie
In-game: Crafterlouie - MTLouie

by I am louie » Post

ExeterDad wrote:So update. Server is not running debug any more. That's good. What's bad? Stacks of gold are bad. Since the beginning our stacks of gold ingots were modified to go beyond 99 (the default). We have them on 999 because it's just cool. But tonights new code from Minetest breaks that. When you log in, if you had large stacks of gold in your inventory, they are now 99. Any leftover is lost. Gone, nothing I can do. It's lost the moment you log in.
You can still have a stack of gold over 99. You can grow it to 999. But..... if you log out, and come back... it's reduced to 99 again. Same goes for transferring your huge pile (stack) of gold around in your bags or chests. The moment you move it... it becomes 99. I can't fix this as it's in the game itself.
Hopefully Minetest devs will do something about this soon. Or maybe they won't. I don't know what I can do about it right now.
We crashed two times after I brought the server off of debug mode. Even after NO crashes during 8+ hours of laggy debug mode without a crash. Both those crashes actually left a error message. This message was very useful. There was a problem with TNT after all. Not in the TNT from Minetest... but with the function I use to count and limit how much TNT can be set off. Apparently function has changed at some point so my counting routine was going beyond a limit that wasn't a issue before.
I fixed the issue and twice set off 99 TNT without a crash. Cross your fingers that this was the elusive crash that has been messing with us!
Goodluck on the HUNT for the ELUSIVE crash :D ahahaha

just want to say that you guys are one the best server owners I've know.
Build Hard and LEt your Imagination FLow...

MineTest is the best :D

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Bad news ExeterDad:
If I seemed a bit harsh in the chat it's because I was felling like Bilbo from LOTR. (Streched out)
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Winnie the Pooh

Lone_Wolf wrote:Bad news ExeterDad:
If I seemed a bit harsh in the chat it's because I was felling like Bilbo from LOTR. (Streched out)
Shush! Stop talking about me :P

Um... There was a wedding going on between katie101 and some dude. IDK if that's allowed or not. I have a screenie if you needs proof, but I left it in my hunny pot.
I like HUNNY!

Speedy2021
In-game: micah

by Speedy2021 » Post

Diamond knight wrote:Elinor attacked me again (and protected next to my jungle city so I could not expand) and he is freinds with Elinor, hopefully DB does not yell at me for answering a question

That us your answer speedy
Ik Ik, and wow you are the first one on here to call me Speedy XD
God's not Dead!
You are Loved!
Heya! I'm Speedy!
I'm also known as Miss Micah XD

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ExeterDad? You know the hoppers don't support beehives? elinor said it would be 4 lines of code...

Winnie the Pooh

Lone_Wolf wrote:ExeterDad? You know the hoppers don't support beehives? elinor said it would be 4 lines of code...
I brought that up in the first place. Maybe me and octacian could code it together. It sure would make my hunny house-building easier :)
I like HUNNY!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Winnie the Pooh wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:ExeterDad? You know the hoppers don't support beehives? elinor said it would be 4 lines of code...
I brought that up in the first place. Maybe me and octacian could code it together. It sure would make my hunny house-building easier :)
I 'bee't ya to it :P