[Server] HOMETOWN

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by BBmine » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:Sorry guys, i have been away from my moderator duties...real life caught up with me and I'm trying to free my schedule up again. I have briefly been on minetest servers past few days, but not very active.

Again my apologies, will try to be back soon
Oh hi GoldenHart

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:Sorry guys, i have been away from my moderator duties...real life caught up with me and I'm trying to free my schedule up again. I have briefly been on minetest servers past few days, but not very active.

Again my apologies, will try to be back soon
Hiya GH! No worries, real life has kept me busy as well. Never apologize for having to step back from time to time, real life comes first. We appreciate you!

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I've been wondering if I should be enforcing specific rules regarding dating and/or role playing, since every time I login I see players engaging in these activities. But I can't find any mention in this thread and only a cursory warning at spawn. So I'm hesitant do discourage those players without more clarity on the subject.
Thank you for reaching out and asking about this issue! I had prepared a lengthy response earlier and lost it when I previewed it and was asked to sign in. *Sigh* I will re-write tomorrow night. :)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

sorcerykid wrote:I've been wondering if I should be enforcing specific rules regarding dating and/or role playing, since every time I login I see players engaging in these activities. But I can't find any mention in this thread and only a cursory warning at spawn. So I'm hesitant do discourage those players without more clarity on the subject.
I discourage them whether it's in the rules or not :P
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Thanks for the maps! I have a cool idea, to make somewhere near city a map building with 20x20px map of this world with 1:100 scale (horizontal, you can walk on it).

Any quite places where I can make it? It needs just 1 protector :}

Have you made that stadium great again at night?

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

@Fixerol, if you find a 20x20 area near the city owned by ioka, just ask for the plot and see if you can get it. Sometimes it has plans, but other times not, it is a good place to start.

If that doesn't work out I will find a place for you if it requires me to, idk, we will see if it comes to that. :p
K. I'm bored with signatures.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:@Fixerol, if you find a 20x20 area near the city owned by ioka, just ask for the plot and see if you can get it. Sometimes it has plans, but other times not, it is a good place to start.
Fixer, you can pretty much have any spot you want on the server. If you want to level my house and build there, I'll ask ExeterDad to make a bulldozer mod for you. :D

(I'm sure we can find a spot for you)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Kibbie wrote:
RealGoldenHart wrote:@Fixerol, if you find a 20x20 area near the city owned by ioka, just ask for the plot and see if you can get it. Sometimes it has plans, but other times not, it is a good place to start.
Fixer, you can pretty much have any spot you want on the server. If you want to level my house and build there, I'll ask ExeterDad to make a bulldozer mod for you. :D

(I'm sure we can find a spot for you)
I think someone was working on a bulldozer/autominer mod over a year ago, but I haven't seen any more development with it :P

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

If you can find a spot on town outskirts - I can make it within 1 protector as horizontal map made of wool and other blocks with some signs above.

IMS_BULLDOGS
GitHub: none
IRC: IMS_BULLDOGS
In-game: lolswag IMS_BULLDOGS

by IMS_BULLDOGS » Post

In the last four weeks of this server being up, I have witnessed and met some very important and mature people join the server. For instance, GoldenHart, one of my favorite players on this server does WHATEVER he can do to please and make people happy. Also, ooooh, Lone_Wolf, and GreenDimond have also showed me what it is like to have good friends, and they WILL NOT take "ugly," for an answer when it comes to my builds.... They might not be the best in the world, but they make sure to let me know they are some impressive builds.

But, the main reason I wanted to comment on this is to give thanks to some special people... Kibbie, ExeterDad, TinedStarling, ItchyDoughnut, and WhinneyTooth. For building the GREATEST server one could ask for, (even though Exeter did all of the coding... xD and Kibbie's impressive builds :D.) I wanted to thank all of them because as they should they did it as a family! I envy this, because not many families I see are as close as theirs :D they spend so much time on the server keeping it running that they don't have much time for anything else... Like visiting other severs and playing with other friends.

Recently, I have encountered some problems on the server myself, but I have witnessed and been talked to about the punishments of breaking these rules. So I have recently been "squeaky clean," minding my own business unless I am wanted, and in the end I have built a few.... Impressive builds xD. I'm looking forward to building more in the future. But, a lot of pluses have came out of this server I have came in contact with a few OLD friends I haven't seen since the beginning Just Test days.... They are as on Just Test: AwesomeGirl and EmoKitty. Each of them are nice in their own special way.

Here comes the confession part, I haven't been mean to many people recently, after the "accident," but i haven't payed much attention to players. So for the next week or so, if you are on here and just want to explore, I would be happy to walk around with you :D. Which means no building for me, Sorry for the people who want to see me complete more builds.... I also want to hang out and help people my my 2 favorite players, ExeterDad, and Kibbie do :). They have done a lot to help the server and they haven't had much time to build themselves. So I decided I would bite the bullet and show my appreciation to them in the best way I possibly can.

The server has grown a lot, on week one we had few players join, and the numbers have been going up tremendously since then. I have been looking forward to this, maybe I can make some more friends and have some serious mini-games, like tag, hide-and-seek, and build-offs in the upcoming weeks. We have seemlingly attracted A LOT of great and impressive builders with the thoughts of staying! That just makes me jump for joy thinking about it! BUILD-OFFS HERE WE COME!!! :)

Sincerely your friend,

IMS
YO! IMS in the house telling you to check out my close friends' server: hometownserver.com Port 30000
or the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16699
CYA later my friends!

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

I just joined earlier to try out this server (under username muhdnurhidayat), but it's a bad start.

After reading rules and stuffs near the spawn, I see there's a cart in inventory, and there's powered rail, so I decided to start with that rail.

I put down the cart, hop in the cart, and start moving. The cart moves fast, and faster, and to one point I suddenly died, and it says I was caught for "going through wall" or something while obviously I'M NOT!! I'm just using the cart.

I asked in chat about that but no one reply, maybe they can't see my chat. So, can anyone here answer my question, what actually happened earlier? Why it says I get caught for going through wall or something while I'm inside the moving cart and just suddenly died??

(Also, there's someone trying to kill me just after I respawn after the die, it's at the exact spawn point, but I managed to go away from him. He then killed someone else and go to jail.)

In case it helps, the client I used is Minetest 0.4.15 Android, the official Android version client downloaded on Minetest website. I don't have (a working) laptop so don't ask me to play on laptop instead of phone. Besides I've played just fine on other servers with my phone, including on a few server where "griefing=instant permanent ban" (not inside my signature) so my phone is not the fault here.

Additional question: Any rules on screenshots or videos? Some server don't allow them, some allow screenshots only while others allow both.

IMS_BULLDOGS

by IMS_BULLDOGS » Post

I asked in chat about that but no one reply, maybe they can't see my chat. So, can anyone here answer my question, what actually happened earlier? Why it says I get caught for going through wall or something while I'm inside the moving cart and just suddenly died??
I think I may have seen you send a message, but I couldn't help. I was just logging off to get my haircut, that may be something ExeterDad can answer though.... I play on mobile as well, but I have never experienced dying in a minecart on the server. As I am usually riding the rails looking for land eddd doesn't have.
Last edited by IMS_BULLDOGS on Fri Mar 17, 2017 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
YO! IMS in the house telling you to check out my close friends' server: hometownserver.com Port 30000
or the forum:
CYA later my friends!

IMS_BULLDOGS

by IMS_BULLDOGS » Post

Woops, sorry. D:
or the forum:
CYA later my friends!

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:I put down the cart, hop in the cart, and start moving. The cart moves fast, and faster, and to one point I suddenly died, and it says I was caught for "going through wall" or something while obviously I'M NOT!! I'm just using the cart.

Yes, I did see your message, and I am very sorry I didn't answer. I was probably doing something else (like helping some one else or crowd control for IOKA) and didn't get to answer. Regardless, I will answer your question now. This was probably due to the mod itself, as anti-cheat isn't the most polished mod in the world. There are many things that can cause it to do that (ie. requesting someone to teleport to you and they end up in a wall). Why it thought you were in a wall? No idea. Rather, if it had said "caught flying" that would have made more sense. Going too fast would trigger that. Problem is, minecarts shouldn't be that fast. The powered rails and the minecart should have a max acceleration/speed, and I have gone that, and not been "caught flying" or "going through a wall". It could have been the phone, but I doubt it. My guess is that it was just anti-cheat being stupid.

(Also, there's someone trying to kill me just after I respawn after the die, it's at the exact spawn point, but I managed to go away from him. He then killed someone else and go to jail.)
There are many n00bs out there that just want to pick a fight with someone without reading the rules.
Additional question: Any rules on screenshots or videos? Some server don't allow them, some allow screenshots only while others allow both.
Nope. Screenshots/videos are fine.

SkylightsFall
In-game: Sky_Fall_II

by SkylightsFall » Post

So I finally was able to get a look see at what was written/posted and I finally got around to seeing my farm posted XD. Thanks Kibbie! I have to admit, for such a young server, this has to be one of my favorite. If not the favorite. Once my laptop is functioning again I'm going to take off like a battle rocket on builds and thrills XD. Rather excited actually.

Ta-Ta!
If I can see it I will craft it...
If I can dream it I will build it...
If I find a home, I will put alot of effort into staying there...
AKA: Sky_Fall_II, SkylightsFall, MotherSkyFall, etc etc....

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

IMS_BULLDOGS wrote:In the last four weeks of this server being up, I have witnessed and met some very important and mature people join the server. For instance, GoldenHart, one of my favorite players on this server does WHATEVER he can do to please and make people happy. Also, ooooh, Lone_Wolf, and GreenDimond have also showed me what it is like to have good friends, and they WILL NOT take "ugly," for an answer when it comes to my builds.... They might not be the best in the world, but they make sure to let me know they are some impressive builds.

But, the main reason I wanted to comment on this is to give thanks to some special people... Kibbie, ExeterDad, TinedStarling, ItchyDoughnut, and WhinneyTooth. For building the GREATEST server one could ask for, (even though Exeter did all of the coding... xD and Kibbie's impressive builds :D.) I wanted to thank all of them because as they should they did it as a family! I envy this, because not many families I see are as close as theirs :D they spend so much time on the server keeping it running that they don't have much time for anything else... Like visiting other severs and playing with other friends.

Recently, I have encountered some problems on the server myself, but I have witnessed and been talked to about the punishments of breaking these rules. So I have recently been "squeaky clean," minding my own business unless I am wanted, and in the end I have built a few.... Impressive builds xD. I'm looking forward to building more in the future. But, a lot of pluses have came out of this server I have came in contact with a few OLD friends I haven't seen since the beginning Just Test days.... They are as on Just Test: AwesomeGirl and EmoKitty. Each of them are nice in their own special way.

Here comes the confession part, I haven't been mean to many people recently, after the "accident," but i haven't payed much attention to players. So for the next week or so, if you are on here and just want to explore, I would be happy to walk around with you :D. Which means no building for me, Sorry for the people who want to see me complete more builds.... I also want to hang out and help people my my 2 favorite players, ExeterDad, and Kibbie do :). They have done a lot to help the server and they haven't had much time to build themselves. So I decided I would bite the bullet and show my appreciation to them in the best way I possibly can.

The server has grown a lot, on week one we had few players join, and the numbers have been going up tremendously since then. I have been looking forward to this, maybe I can make some more friends and have some serious mini-games, like tag, hide-and-seek, and build-offs in the upcoming weeks. We have seemlingly attracted A LOT of great and impressive builders with the thoughts of staying! That just makes me jump for joy thinking about it! BUILD-OFFS HERE WE COME!!! :)

Sincerely your friend,

IMS
IMS!!! :D

The server would not be complete without YOU there. THANK you for all your sweet words, you are such a great guy and a thoughtful friend! Although I'm not sure ExeterDad and deserve so much credit, it's really everyone who plays on the server and our awesome mods who make the server what it is. We have quickly become our own little server family, and we're growing and growing! I'm so glad you're a part of the fam! :D

As for your builds? You have a talent for building, and look forward to seeing more of your creations! XOXO

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:I just joined earlier to try out this server (under username muhdnurhidayat), but it's a bad start.

After reading rules and stuffs near the spawn, I see there's a cart in inventory, and there's powered rail, so I decided to start with that rail.

I put down the cart, hop in the cart, and start moving. The cart moves fast, and faster, and to one point I suddenly died, and it says I was caught for "going through wall" or something while obviously I'M NOT!! I'm just using the cart.

In case it helps, the client I used is Minetest 0.4.15 Android, the official Android version client downloaded on Minetest website. I don't have (a working) laptop so don't ask me to play on laptop instead of phone. Besides I've played just fine on other servers with my phone, including on a few server where "griefing=instant permanent ban" (not inside my signature) so my phone is not the fault here.

Muhdnurhidayat, welcome! I'm sorry you had some issues, we'll have to look into the minecart issue. I did not see you on earlier, but sometimes I have to ignore chat while working on a project otherwise I won't get anything done. Also, I was taking screenshots today and had chat off entirely for extended periods of time. (I was on as IOKA at that time)

As GreenDimond indicated, the anti-cheat mod can be touchy. Don't take it personally. One of our regular players tripped the anti-cheat when he was using a water ladder (he was accused of flying) and he was simply moving up and down the water. The anti-cheat will also complain if more than one player using the same IP address signs on. Again, please don't take it personally. :)

I hope your next visit is less eventful. Screenshots and videos are totally fine. :)

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

SkylightsFall wrote:So I finally was able to get a look see at what was written/posted and I finally got around to seeing my farm posted XD. Thanks Kibbie! I have to admit, for such a young server, this has to be one of my favorite. If not the favorite. Once my laptop is functioning again I'm going to take off like a battle rocket on builds and thrills XD. Rather excited actually.

Ta-Ta!
Hi Sky!! What a coincidence, you have quickly become one of our favorite players! :D

If you are able to do what you do now WITHOUT a laptop, just what are you capable of WITH your laptop? O.O

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Our resident Leprechaun GreenDimond hide his huge pot of gold for all to search for. There were ten clues. The clues led to other clues that led to the prize. Everyone had a ton of fun searching in secret, keeping their discoveries out of chat to prevent someone from getting there before them. kiko was the big winner as he found the gold in about a hour and a half. Now kiko will be at risk of being mugged, robbed, tarred and feathered... and evading the tax man as he's very rich!

Even a giant Shamrock in the lower right to set the mood.

I had a blast just watching you all. Thanks so much :)

IMS_BULLDOGS

by IMS_BULLDOGS » Post

Kibbie wrote:
IMS_BULLDOGS wrote:In the last four weeks of this server being up, I have witnessed and met some very important and mature people join the server. For instance, GoldenHart, one of my favorite players on this server does WHATEVER he can do to please and make people happy. Also, ooooh, Lone_Wolf, and GreenDimond have also showed me what it is like to have good friends, and they WILL NOT take "ugly," for an answer when it comes to my builds.... They might not be the best in the world, but they make sure to let me know they are some impressive builds.

Sincerely your friend,

IMS
IMS!!! :D

The server would not be complete without YOU there. THANK you for all your sweet words, you are such a great guy and a thoughtful friend! Although I'm not sure ExeterDad and deserve so much credit, it's really everyone who plays on the server and our awesome mods who make the server what it is. We have quickly become our own little server family, and we're growing and growing! I'm so glad you're a part of the fam! :D

As for your builds? You have a talent for building, and look forward to seeing more of your creations! XOXO

AWWW, thanks I have decided that I shall stage events throughout the month, they will all be secrets. Everyone can participate, the only thing is ill need to be left alone on certain occasions.... I have and always will be pat of the HOMETOWN server, you guys are like my second family.

I haven't decided what will be next, but when I decide you and Exeter will be the first 2 to see and know what I am making. I also in my spare times will be hosting build-offs of the best on the server. I may or may not be part of these, and they will most likely be hosted on Saturdays.

I THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING THE BEST FAMILY I COULD EVER ASK FOR :D
or the forum:
CYA later my friends!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

IMS_BULLDOGS wrote:...Everyone can participate...
Except me :(

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

BBmine wrote:
IMS_BULLDOGS wrote:...Everyone can participate...
Except me :(
Here's the thing, Baggins. You infuriate us sometimes and bend and break the rules, but ExeterDad likes you. *I* like you, even if I want to put a zipper on your lips sometimes. :D

We did have a team discussion again recently, involving our whole team, and I asked if we should allow you back. Majority vote was "no." Our moderators (and we) are so busy trying to moderate chat and help players, there is just no time to deal with the drama you like to stir up. You have to admit, you like drama. ;)

Attachments
img_1796.png
img_1796.png (66.33 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

HOMETOWN is four weeks old!

Lawd have mercy we're starting to get a little busy up in here!

What's new?
  • *No more spammy vote teleporting, now players can ask to teleport each other and need permission before dragging another player to them, kicking and screaming. /tpr /tpy
    *A whole mess of new (and more original) skins were added! Now we don't have 20 blue haired dopplegangers running around picking at each other for showing up at the prom with the same dress on.
    *Jail beds were fixed and the prison stripes are baaaaaack... you little criminals. :D
    *We are welcoming two new Moderators to our team, Kiko and Sky_Fall_II!
    *We are welcoming two new Guardians to our team, IMS_BULLDOGS and micah!
    *We will not be initiating any more staff at this time, all positions are currently filled. (Unless Adam Levine or Channing Tatum show up and offer to feed me grapes and rub my feet in exchange for a moderator position.)
    *Yummy cakes are now edible, and you can't duplicate them anymore. If you want a cake, you have to have a BIRTHDAY.
    *Speaking of BIRTHDAYS, Happy Birthday BlueFireUn! XOXO
    *Our very cool mods have been hosting hide-and-seek games, because they rock. They also give out gold to the winning seekers because they REALLY rock,
    *The "spammer" and his 500 alts have all been banned. Let's hear it for our ridiculously tenacious spammer and his obviously dynamic IP! *walrus clap*
Moving right along...on to the builds!

This week I want to show some of the most AMAZING builds I have seen in Minetest thus far. I know I have a theme, but not sure how to title it. Hmmm...Creative builds, high up? Sky creativity? I know...how about "CREATIVELY HIGH!?" Yeah? (I suddenly have the munchies)

Check out Haunter's builds!! I was FLOORED when he showed me! The screenies just don't capture how epic his builds are.

And Lone_Wolf has started some huge statues of his own, and a DRAGON (unconfirmed reports advise me he may or may not have been inspired by a certain favorite dragon of ours who has been around a bit lately). Mmm hmm.

Attachments
Lone_Wolf_statues.png
Lone_Wolf_statues.png (274.98 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Haunter_Village.png
Haunter_Village.png (629.66 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Haunter_Monument.png
Haunter_Monument.png (581.99 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Last edited by Kibbie on Sat Mar 18, 2017 05:22, edited 2 times in total.

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

A closer look at "Rainbow Kievski" because it's so pretty. Kievski has a knack for creating beautiful and orderly builds, everything my little OCD heart admires! :D

Last but not least, teen's (WIP) highway/bridge hotel? Stopping point for weary travelers? Hotel California? I dunno, but I like it! Can't wait to see the finished build. :D

Oh, and a quick snapshot I took of the *real* HOMETOWN last Saturday while attending an art reception. The HOMETOWN translation is (from right to left)...eddd's shop, the armor shop, TinedStarling's restaurant, followed by a building I didn't include (uhhh)... and Whirlygigs toy store. :)

Thanks for looking, thanks for treasure hunting with us tonight, thanks for PLAYING! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

*Coming SOON*

*Furniture store, blahblahblah
*Easter egg hunt next month!
Attachments
realdowntown.jpg
realdowntown.jpg (259.05 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
teen_highway_hotel.png
teen_highway_hotel.png (407.76 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Kievski_rainbow.png
Kievski_rainbow.png (743.97 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Tonight was rather, ehm, interesting.
Late into the evening, some of us got bored and things started to happen... what started as a few lines, evolved into an entire adventure!
-As The Hometown Turns-
Here it is:
Crazy right?
And there might be a sequel :)