[Server] HOMETOWN

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by BBmine » Post

BBmine wrote:I've ALMOST completed the first unit of the apartment!!!!!! It still needs a bit of touching up though. I'll have to read price tags, but my COMPLETELY rough estimate is that I'll be renting out each unit for 200 gold ingots. I will make a topic about it on the HT forums when it's all ready.
Here it is! :D http://hometownserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=736

SFP
GitHub: Hood
IRC: Hood
In-game: Hood

by SFP » Post

Because Hometown is most popular server with English speaking people, i might build something huge there. But i need some flat areas long as 400-400 blocks on each side, if anyone know any cords of that huge flat area can you msg me in game or even teleport me there??
+ I might build some scary pumpkin at spawn if i find free spot or anyone which will gave me peace of their land. I change my name in game to, only in Hometown ( Hood ).
Speak when you're spoken to, maybe I might answer.
-Hood 2017

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

SFP wrote:Because Hometown is most popular server with English speaking people, i might build something huge there. But i need some flat areas long as 400-400 blocks on each side, if anyone know any cords of that huge flat area can you msg me in game or even teleport me there??
+ I might build some scary pumpkin at spawn if i find free spot or anyone which will gave me peace of their land. I change my name in game to, only in Hometown ( Hood ).
Heyyyy SFP! Are you SuckerForPain/CryMaker?

Welcome to the server! I will search for some flat land for you and PM you some coordinates.

SFP

by SFP » Post

I have problem that i can't see button for crafting recipes.
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-15-19-49.png
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-15-19-49.png (174.83 KiB) Viewed 689 times
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

Kibbie wrote:
SFP wrote:Because Hometown is most popular server with English speaking people, i might build something huge there. But i need some flat areas long as 400-400 blocks on each side, if anyone know any cords of that huge flat area can you msg me in game or even teleport me there??
Heyyyy SFP! Are you SuckerForPain/CryMaker?

Welcome to the server! I will search for some flat land for you and PM you some coordinates.
Yes i'am SuckerForPain/CryMaker from JT2. I didn't seen you there a long time.
-Hood 2017

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

SFP wrote:

Good to see you on the server! I haven't been on JT2 for a long time, I've been too busy with HOMETOWN. :/

In response to your issue, your gui_scaling just has to be restored to "default" and you will see the tabs. ExeterDad is about to install a new inventory form spec he has been working on and it should automatically address this issue for the mobile users who do not have their gui_scaling set on default. Until then, here is an easy fix...

http://hometownserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=428

SFP

by SFP » Post

Kibbie wrote:
SFP wrote:

Good to see you on the server! I haven't been on JT2 for a long time, I've been too busy with HOMETOWN. :/

In response to your issue, your gui_scaling just has to be restored to "default" and you will see the tabs. ExeterDad is about to install a new inventory form spec he has been working on and it should automatically address this issue for the mobile users who do not have their gui_scaling set on default. Until then, here is an easy fix...

http://hometownserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=428
thx!
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

My first day on hometown. Mining 1 hour.
Results =
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-17-12-51.png
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-17-12-51.png (201.01 KiB) Viewed 689 times
-Hood 2017

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

SFP wrote:My first day on hometown. Mining 1 hour.
Results =
SFP! Hi! Good to see you! And Thanks so much for that screenshot!!!!!!! We've known about the inventory tabs not showing enough for some players not to be able to reach them easily. I've put the word out that I've needed a screenshot so I can see what I'm up against (but no screenshot supplied). I've been reworking the inventory as Kibbie mentioned, but was pretty nervous as I wasn't sure how much to adjust everything. Your screenshot confirms my guess and I believe what I'm working on will solve this long time issue. *Does happy dance

SFP

by SFP » Post

Huge project i'll be doin' in Hometown is an city.
City is on 3 levels. First level is 100x100 each side circle, second level is 80x20x80 from first level and third level is same as second 80x20x80. Here is picture of idea how city will look like ( this photo is in 3d ). Second and third level might be changed in high.
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-18-33-17.png
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-18-33-17.png (627.97 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Last edited by SFP on Tue Oct 24, 2017 17:25, edited 2 times in total.
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

Any donations for city are welcome.
-Hood 2017

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

SFP, that city will be EPIC. Very cool! I will donate to the cause. Are you able to use any of that desert I found for you, in an area away from builds you found? Or should I keep looking?

ExeterDad, SFP is going to need a little WE help. (Sorry SFP, I'm just the decorator, event planner, and part-time wrist slapper. ExeterDad is the guy for anything else.)

SFP

by SFP » Post

Kibbie wrote:SFP, that city will be EPIC. Very cool! I will donate to the cause. Are you able to use any of that desert I found for you, in an area away from builds you found? Or should I keep looking?

ExeterDad, SFP is going to need a little WE help. (Sorry SFP, I'm just the decorator, event planner, and part-time wrist slapper. ExeterDad is the guy for anything else.)
That desert is not useful as far i know that there is IMS buildings. You can keep looking, when you have free time. thx for everything !
-Hood 2017

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Kibbie wrote:SFP, that city will be EPIC. Very cool! I will donate to the cause. Are you able to use any of that desert I found for you, in an area away from builds you found? Or should I keep looking?

I'm searching for a place. You can take a break :P
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

SFP

by SFP » Post

Till you guys find large flat area.
I was planing to name streets of city by names of people which helped me a lot.
Till now we'll have Kibbie's street.
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

This is result of mining mese for one day i spend all my gold for bags.
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-22-04-15.png
QuickMemo+_2017-10-24-22-04-15.png (249.93 KiB) Viewed 689 times
-Hood 2017

SFP

by SFP » Post

GoldenHart has judge other players for not beeing able to be moderator/admin, which was not realy nice. You never know who is more or less qualified from you.
-Hood 2017

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SFP wrote:This is result of mining mese for one day i spend all my gold for bags.
That's a lot! o_O
I made a topic on the HOMETOWN forums for screenshots (here).
SFP wrote:GoldenHart has judge other players for not beeing able to be moderator/admin, which was not realy nice. You never know who is more or less qualified from you.
What do you mean?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

GH was kinda judging me, a little, said that I would never be a moderator. I'm not begging for it, it would just be kinda cool.
What is SCP-055?

SFP

by SFP » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
SFP wrote:This is result of mining mese for one day i spend all my gold for bags.
That's a lot! o_O
I made a topic on the HOMETOWN forums for screenshots (here).

Well i think this much mese is enought for protecting entire city.
-Hood 2017

RealGoldenHart
GitHub: GoldenHart
IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

Chem871 wrote:GH was kinda judging me, a little, said that I would never be a moderator. I'm not begging for it, it would just be kinda cool.
You asked what I thought of you as a moderator Chem. Knowing the personality of the mod staff and yours as well, you don't mesh. It is not up for me to decide who becomes moderator anyways, as the admins have total control in that regard.

Don't ask a question if you won't accept the answer.
K. I'm bored with signatures.

RealGoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

SFP wrote:GoldenHart has judge other players for not beeing able to be moderator/admin, which was not realy nice. You never know who is more or less qualified from you.
First off buddy, don't accuse me falsely. It is not up to me to judge and I have never judged.
Chem and dolt both made statements relating to the effect of, what would I be like as a moderator.

I answered both of them jokingly, and gave them my opinion. Knowing the temper of dolt, I joked she wold ban for 10 years. Knowing the character of Chem, and relating it to the other mods on staff at hometown, he wouldn't be chosen in mind, just for pure personality, and I joked with him about it.

Next time you want to accuse me, or any member of the Hometown staff, please get your story straight. I could search through our chat logs to prove my point, but I don't think that is needed at this stage. Have a good day.

SFP

by SFP » Post

RealGoldenHart wrote:
First off buddy, don't accuse me falsely. It is not up to me to judge and I have never judged.
Chem and dolt both made statements relating to the effect of, what would I be like as a moderator.

I answered both of them jokingly, and gave them my opinion. Knowing the temper of dolt, I joked she wold ban for 10 years. Knowing the character of Chem, and relating it to the other mods on staff at hometown, he wouldn't be chosen in mind, just for pure personality, and I joked with him about it.

Next time you want to accuse me, or any member of the Hometown staff, please get your story straight. I could search through our chat logs to prove my point, but I don't think that is needed at this stage. Have a good day.

First of all, by your chat typing you seems like 10 year old which was boast about that he/she is moderator. I do not like that, don't take this offensive.
-Hood 2017

RealGoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Post

SFP wrote:
RealGoldenHart wrote:

First of all, by your chat typing you seems like 10 year old which was boast about that he/she is moderator. I do not like that, don't take this offensive.
Ask any of the Hometown staff, I assure you they will not share your sentiment

Kibbie

by Kibbie » Post

Okay, stepping in here because I don't like it when people I like argue with each other.

Let's consider this a misunderstanding and move on? I happened to be on as an alt (working on a project) when this conversation happened, and although I didn't catch what was said to Chem, I did see what was said to Dolt and I know it was meant jokingly. I think Dolt thought it was funny too.

I like Chem very much, and so does ExeterDad. We do have a pretty robust staff team right now so we're not looking for more moderators, but who knows what the future holds. Chem definitely has some experience and knowledge of the game and server. :)

GoldenHart is a great moderator, but he is not one to sugarcoat his opinion. So if you want an honest opinion, go ahead and ask him for it. GoldenHart and I have different communication styles (and we know this) but somehow we manage to communicate just fine, and I find his honesty refreshing.

SFP is a great player and builder, and ExeterDad and I enjoyed playing with him on JT2. SFP also strikes me as one who gives an honest opinion and will speak his mind, and I'm hoping he sticks around.

So everyone stop arguing please.