[Server] HOMETOWN

Aoi
In-game: Aoi

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

by Aoi » Post

shacharr wrote: Your base - does it contain bob8881's tower by chance? If so, I believe I managed to stumble upon it. I have found it amazing! Brought back amazing memories from my actual travel to Japan :).
You wouldn't happen to be a youtuber, would you?
From Japanese 葵 (aoi) meaning "hollyhock, althea" or an adjectival form of 碧 (ao) meaning "green or blue." | Slytherin | Christian | Writer/Editor |

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

by Kibbie » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
Lupercus wrote:I was banned from this server without reason.
Had you not left the Discord, you would have received an answer to your question.
And would have seen my question.
And it should have displayed a reason. Odd if it didn't.
Anyway, as you are related to bender, you have been banned as a side-effect of being on the same IP.
Wait, is this the dude who wrote the admins eat rotten bananas or something? My boys and their friend were on the server earlier when that happened - so I did catch wind of something like that.

Just FYI - ExeterDad and I don't eat rotten bananas, but we really don't mind if you think we do - whatever gets you through my night, my friend. Although I do sometimes turn overripe bananas into banana bread, so technically Lupercus or bender would be correct. ;)

Lupercus
GitHub: lupercus13
IRC: Lupercus-Server
In-game: Lupercus

by Lupercus » Post

It was my son bender, sorry for the problems he caused on hometown

shacharr
In-game: shacharr

by shacharr » Post

Aoi wrote:
shacharr wrote: Your base - does it contain bob8881's tower by chance? If so, I believe I managed to stumble upon it. I have found it amazing! Brought back amazing memories from my actual travel to Japan :).
Never attempted to capture videos of my journey through hometown. Why?

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Lupercus wrote:It was my son bender, sorry for the problems he caused on hometown
I would have let it slide had it been a one-time thing. However, it had been reported on repeated occasion.
I trust that he has learned to be a little more courteous, so I shortened the ban time to 2 days.

Also, here is the Discord Server invite link again, as it isn't easy to find now that the HOMETOWN Forum is down.
https://discord.gg/v7tYMMk
(98 members.. almost there! :D)
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

GreenDimond wrote:...shortened the ban time to 2 days.
Cool.

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

ExeterDad wrote:I'll likely go another way and set up LBM's so the old blocks are discovered and recorded when the areas are loaded.
Maybe you could simply read the locations of the protection blocks directly out of Minetest's database? This could either be done on-demand or at the same time that the map images are generated (which I assume is done during the restart to reduce load?).

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

micheal65536 wrote:Node.js (and similar frameworks such as Ruby on Rails) is difficult to deploy alongside an existing stack. For example, I use Apache with multiple vhosts. To run a Node.js application alongside Apache on its own vhost would require running the Node.js application on another port and setting up Apache as a proxy
Conversely, this is how you should be deploying all of your applications already. It allows better clustering and caching.

Also, in nginx it's as simple as this:

Code: Select all

server {
    server_name: content.minetest.net;
    listen: 443 http2;
    proxy_pass "http://localhost:2345";
}
Apache sucks, btw ;)
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

talamh

Dome sweet dome!

by talamh » Post

I'm going to have to stop trying to build massive domes on minetest servers! Every server I've attempted to build one on has either been taken offline or suffered map problems!

Before:

After:

I'll play it safe next time and build a cube :)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: Dome sweet dome!

by Lone_Wolf » Post

talamh wrote:I'm going to have to stop trying to build massive domes on minetest servers! Every server I've attempted to build one on has either been taken offline or suffered map problems!

Before:

After:

I'll play it safe next time and build a cube :)
heh. If you show me your domes I could save them to my client in case the map crashes again.
BTW: You might want to get Minetest 0.4.17.1. It has a lot more features. (On Linux you should be able to do sudo apt-get install minetest to get it)
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Conversely, this is how you should be deploying all of your applications already. It allows better clustering and caching.

Also, in nginx it's as simple as this:

Code: Select all

server {
    server_name: content.minetest.net;
    listen: 443 http2;
    proxy_pass "http://localhost:2345";
}
Apache sucks, btw ;)
Agree'd with all above.
Besides Nginx has been proxying to php all along any how. If I turn away from PhpBB, I'll likely be able to dump php as well. I only have a couple scripts that I made that depend on it.
I have a test install of NodeBB up that I'm exploring. I think I like it. I'm guessing in a few years it will be awesome. However the database is Mongo. Whatever the heck that is. The commands sure are strange. I thought I would of hooked the forum up to a Nginx proxy last night and made it live, but it seems the upgrade to Debian 9 broke my DKIMS. In this state, all registration emails would either be bounced or end up in spam boxes.
Baby steps :/

talamh

Re: Dome sweet dome!

by talamh » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote: heh. If you show me your domes I could save them to my client in case the map crashes again.
BTW: You might want to get Minetest 0.4.17.1. It has a lot more features. (On Linux you should be able to do sudo apt-get install minetest to get it)
I'm sure i have a local copy of that part of the map somewhere, I'm really not bothered about the dome being replaced though. The dome was only a test build, I was planning on building a giant Earth and Moon with both size and distance to scale and I just wanted a bit of practice building with round shapes.

I have 0.4.17.1 compiled on this machine, I prefer 0.4.15 personally. Don't know why i used 0.4.13 for the screenshots to be honest.

Aoi

by Aoi » Post

shacharr wrote:
Aoi wrote:
Never attempted to capture videos of my journey through hometown. Why?
Oh, your username just sounded very similar to a youtuber so I was just curious
From Japanese 葵 (aoi) meaning "hollyhock, althea" or an adjectival form of 碧 (ao) meaning "green or blue." | Slytherin | Christian | Writer/Editor |

wwww
In-game: wwww

by wwww » Post

Hey, is the server offline right now?

Aoi

by Aoi » Post

wwww wrote:Hey, is the server offline right now?
Yes

Nelly
In-game: Tron

by Nelly » Post

Hi EDad Tron here.I logged in to my account Tron and whent to My old Account riders house,so i already re protected it to tron but it was now saying iwned by Rider,and when i logged in to Rider i opened one of my locked chest and suprisingly i found ten stacks of gold abd 18 stack of mese and diamond.

Nelly

by Nelly » Post

Oh EDad i got a huge piece of all typrs of biome but mostly grass and im working on building a city ,I need IOKA to protect it and i will send you the location. Whoever whants to help build say me,

Nelly

by Nelly » Post

Im a great fan of your youtube videos to i always punch thumbs up, i loved even when i didnt know you and IOKA are HOMETOWN,S parents"lol"But all credit thanks alot

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

My account got stolen on hometown, find the ip and send it to me please.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Nelly

by Nelly » Post

ExterDad who stol it how do i find ip

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

Nelly wrote:ExterDad who stol it how do i find ip
https://englishlive.ef.com/blog/languag ... n-english/
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

GitHub: 67221245191
IRC: 6722
In-game: 67221245191

by 6722 » Post

Wait hometowns back

Nelly

by Nelly » Post

Thanks ChimneySwift, your good

micheal65536

by micheal65536 » Post

The server appears to be "down" at the moment. When I was playing earlier it suddenly stopped responding and I eventually timed out. I have been unable to connect since, even though I have tried multiple times and it is over an hour later.

The problem is not with my internet connection (I'm not stupid). I do not get a connection timeout error but rather the "init packet not recognized by server" error that is typical for a server that is up but not responding. I suspect that the server may have entered an infinite loop in some mod code somewhere.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

micheal65536 wrote:The server appears to be "down" at the moment. When I was playing earlier it suddenly stopped responding and I eventually timed out. I have been unable to connect since, even though I have tried multiple times and it is over an hour later.

The problem is not with my internet connection (I'm not stupid). I do not get a connection timeout error but rather the "init packet not recognized by server" error that is typical for a server that is up but not responding. I suspect that the server may have entered an infinite loop in some mod code somewhere.
Yeah I just discovered and restarted. In fact it was "stalled" with no output in the debug.txt
Really odd. The service was running, and unable to restart. I had to manually kill the process to allow it to restart automatically.
I've no clue as to why. This is twice now.
There's no new mod code with the exception of the mods that come within the upgraded Minetest_Game, and of course the Minetest upgrade... and the Debian 9 upgrade. Or maybe the database upgrade. But other than that.... it's the same :P