Page 113 of 183

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 14:11
by Kibbie
This is slightly off-topic, but it does pertain to some of our players so I feel it's important.

Twice now, in recent days, I have seen mention of a player (presumably a child in both circumstances) being hungry and without food in real life. This absolutely breaks my heart. I know food insecurity is a reality in millions of households in America, especially during the summer when free or reduced school lunch programs are not available. I encourage anyone experiencing food shortages to check out this website, and I encourage our other players to share this information if they encounter another player expressing real life hunger.

https://www.nokidhungry.org/

If you need assistance and you are not a US citizen and need resources in another country, please send me a message and I will search. If all else fails, please have your parent or guardian contact me. There is no shame in needing assistance.

Please share the website, even if you don't know anyone who has indicated they are in need of assistance. Thank you!

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 14:26
by Lone_Wolf
BBmine wrote:
Kibbie wrote:dman scored a good sized pup a little while ago! 'Gratz, dman! :D

Image

Yeah, those things hate me. :P I've found 3 cats so far, but 0 dogs.

I broke the record for the largest amount of longest nyancats record, and have about 2s rainbows and about 17-20 heads and
U2 wrote:I still haven't found, what I'm looking for

(That's a song quote)

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 14:34
by Lone_Wolf
Kibbie wrote:This is slightly off-topic, but it does pertain to some of our players so I feel it's important.

Twice now, in recent days, I have seen mention of a player (presumably a child in both circumstances) being hungry and without food in real life. This absolutely breaks my heart. I know food insecurity is a reality in millions of households in America, especially during the summer when free or reduced school lunch programs are not available. I encourage anyone experiencing food shortages to check out this website, and I encourage our other players to share this information if they encounter another player expressing real life hunger.

https://www.nokidhungry.org/

If you need assistance and you are not a US citizen and need resources in another country, please send me a message and I will search. If all else fails, please have your parent or guardian contact me. There is no shame in needing assistance.

Please share the website, even if you don't know anyone who has indicated they are in need of assistance. Thank you!

You could copy this to HT in game also? Or would that not be a good idea and I didn't think of the problem?

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 14:38
by BBmine
Wow! 7 nyan cats in one day??!?!?

These are just the first 2 that supjk and I found!
Image

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 14:41
by Lone_Wolf
BBmine wrote:Wow! 7 nyan cats in one day??!?!?

These are just the first 2 that supjk and I found!
Image

I found my first one falling off a cliff in a giant cave xD

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 15:38
by IMS_BULLDOGS
ExeterDad wrote:
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:ExeterDad: there's a glitch in the shop - the furniture shop. <-- Snip -->

Thanks for letting me know. IMS_BULLDOGS inherited that shop from IOKA. He reported the glitch to me quite a long time ago. I told him to empty the doors and reload. Original spawn was copied in it's entirety from the development site to it's current home by World Edit. That shop and all the contents were in that move. Since as you know the doors are two piece... WE grabbed the item string from the alias and now the doors are buggered up.
Thanks for letting me know, I will resolve this ASAP (and slap IMS around a bit while doing it).


WELLLLL, that would be quite hard to empty the chest when IOKA owned it :P

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 15:43
by Kibbie
IMS_BULLDOGS wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:ExeterDad: there's a glitch in the shop - the furniture shop. <-- Snip -->

[quote=IMS_BULLDOGS]WELLLLL, that would be quite hard to empty the chest when IOKA owned it :P


EDad fixed the issue the other day and filled with the correct doors. You may now slap him back. :P

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 15:50
by Kibbie
Lone_Wolf wrote:You could copy this to HT in game also? Or would that not be a good idea and I didn't think of the problem?


That's not a bad idea, LW. Maybe some signs or a book at spawn. What do you think?

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 16:45
by harmony
Kibbie wrote:This is slightly off-topic, but it does pertain to some of our players so I feel it's important.

Twice now, in recent days, I have seen mention of a player (presumably a child in both circumstances) being hungry and without food in real life. This absolutely breaks my heart. I know food insecurity is a reality in millions of households in America, especially during the summer when free or reduced school lunch programs are not available. I encourage anyone experiencing food shortages to check out this website, and I encourage our other players to share this information if they encounter another player expressing real life hunger.

https://www.nokidhungry.org/

If you need assistance and you are not a US citizen and need resources in another country, please send me a message and I will search. If all else fails, please have your parent or guardian contact me. There is no shame in needing assistance.

Please share the website, even if you don't know anyone who has indicated they are in need of assistance. Thank you!

Kibbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 that's sooo sweet! <3

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 17:07
by Lone_Wolf
Kibbie wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:You could copy this to HT in game also? Or would that not be a good idea and I didn't think of the problem?


That's not a bad idea, LW. Maybe some signs or a book at spawn. What do you think?

A sign with an item frame holding bread above it.

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 18:48
by Kibbie
More HOMETOWN videos!

Baggins, ynomrah, Charlotte123, and rukboy have all posted HOMETOWN videos recently. (So awesome! Thanks so much for making videos, you guys!) Please check out their videos and give them all a thumbs up and subscribe to their channels so you don't miss their updates! :D

Baggins and supjk hunted for kitties this morning!

Image

Image

Ynomrah recorded the unexpected chaos at spawn a few nights ago, we have *no idea* how those lava flans and dungeon masters got there. O.O Heh.

Image

Image

Check out Charlotte123's super cute accent and goofy/friendly personality! :D

Image

This video by rukboy shows the location of IOKA's secret nest and office. The bird is gonna be miffed. :O

Image


Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 23:29
by harmony
Yay I'm gonna check out your guys' videos right now! :D "For the love of Hometown!!" [Edit after watching] WOW I love this guys!! Charlotte I love your humor as well! :DD Do more videos for sure :D I subscribed

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 01:28
by BBmine
harmony wrote:Yay I'm gonna check out your guys' videos right now! :D "For the love of Hometown!!" [Edit after watching] WOW I love this guys!! Charlotte I love your humor as well! :DD Do more videos for sure :D I subscribed

Oh no, I commented on her video, but I forgot to subscribe!

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 05:39
by dawgdoc
dawgdoc wrote:
Kibbie wrote:
dawgdoc wrote:
now to create a stripped skin of very dark grey and white and then 'innocently' loiter around spawn. ;-}
jail time for the unsuspecting


Haha! If you create such a skin, we will put it on the server for your exclusive use. :D

Maybe this one will do the trick. ;-}

@Kibbe,

I posted the skin on the previous page. So far, in game, I still have the generic skin.

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 06:11
by Lone_Wolf
dawgdoc wrote:@Kibbie,

I posted the skin on the previous page. So far, in game, I still have the generic skin.

It takes time lol (A week or more for me when I got my first skin). Is that converted to MT? Or is it usable with MT? Also: GreenDimond and ExeterDad do the skins stuff ;)

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 06:21
by dawgdoc
Lone_Wolf wrote:
dawgdoc wrote:@Kibbie,

I posted the skin on the previous page. So far, in game, I still have the generic skin.

It takes time lol (A week or more for me when I got my first skin). Is that converted to MT? Or is it usable with MT? Also: GreenDimond and ExeterDad do the skins stuff ;)

Thanks for giving me a time frame.
Yes, I created it on the MC Skindex site using their skin editor and then took that file to The Pixel Shadow and used their skin converter to make it usable for MT.

I was concerned that I was not clear about having posted a skin in my earlier comment, that being the reason for quoting myself. :-}

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 06:49
by Lone_Wolf
It took 2 days for my 2nd skin and that wasn't converted lol
If you PM GreenSimond and tell him it's already converted it might go faster.

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:08
by BBmine
Also dawgdoc, when I got my new skin, it turned out I had to go to the skins tab and check "Use *****'s skin"

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17
by BBmine
I'm working on building a neighborhood! :D
On a side note..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS6d7Y6hhAs

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 13:26
by ForgiveAndromedalol
BBmine wrote:I'm working on building a neighborhood! :D
On a side note..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS6d7Y6hhAs

Image

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:08
by harmony
Look what Tined made :D
Image

Image

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:16
by Kibbie
BBmine wrote:I'm working on building a neighborhood! :D


Baggins, glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing your work. :D

On a side note, please do not link videos not pertaining to HOMETOWN in this thread. Let's stay on topic. Thanks. :)

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:35
by Andrey01
Player "Leigha302" killed everyone and me at spawn! He was jailed a few times. Ban him!

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:50
by ForgiveAndromedalol
harmony wrote:Look what Tined made :D
Image

Image


Wow, these statues are so fancy and cute n_n. Excellent work harmony.

Re: [Server] HOMETOWN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:58
by BBmine
ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:
harmony wrote:Look what Tined made :D
Image

Image
Wow, these statues are so fancy and cute n_n. Excellent work harmony.

Ahem, she said Tined made it...

Kibbie wrote:
BBmine wrote:I'm working on building a neighborhood! :D


Baggins, glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing your work. :D

Thanks Kibbie!


And ggjones47123 got his first nyan cat!
Image