cactuz_pl wrote:
juzt. wrote:Hey can i have privs?
thnx
ign: Juzt
Granted
Thanks alot.

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

Can you write on the first post the number of players who are in your server ?I want to know because 99 page for a server on minetest...that's marvelous!
You should take a look at http://www.xorhub.com

Nexdah

by Nexdah » Post

I would like to protect an area.

The coordinates are
286, -30000, -558
414, 30000, -646.

Thanks in advance!
~Nexdah
This is a Signature.

First ever Astronaut in Minetest.

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

can i have build privs? Thank you so much! I love being creative ~
Name- slendergirl66
email- thekawaiipanda@gmail.com
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

elseran

by elseran » Post

My nick is elseran on server, and I ask for build prvelage :) pz

bdeslaur

by bdeslaur » Post

Could I build in your server? Thanks in advance! login: bdeslaur
Last edited by bdeslaur on Tue Nov 20, 2012 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

can i have build privs? Thank you so much! I love being creative ~
Name- slendergirl66
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

slendergirl66 wrote:can i have build privs? Thank you so much! I love being creative ~
Name- slendergirl66
Try not to repost too much, Kate
Last edited by Leroy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
UBUNTU BRO!

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

prof-turbo wrote:Can you write on the first post the number of players who are in your server ?I want to know because 99 page for a server on minetest...that's marvelous!
this actually sounds like a good idea
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Neuro wrote:
prof-turbo wrote:Can you write on the first post the number of players who are in your server ?I want to know because 99 page for a server on minetest...that's marvelous!
How are we going to be able to count?
If you guys need help, I can help.

Community Helper!!
UBUNTU BRO!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

slendergirl66 wrote:can i have build privs? Thank you so much! I love being creative ~
Name- slendergirl66
Granted
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

elseran wrote:My nick is elseran on server, and I ask for build prvelage :) pz
Granted
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

bdeslaur wrote:Could I build in your server? Thanks in advance! login: bdeslaur
Granted
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Leroy wrote:
Neuro wrote:

Community Helper!!
Yes, that would be great. This is easy to do. Redcrab just can:
- count all "interact" words in "auth.txt", to know how many people have "interact" privilege.
- count number of lines in "auth.txt", to know total players number.
- or count files in "players" directory, to know total players number.

Edit: Or, if the "auth.txt" file would be published (it isn't contains any private data, only nicks and privileges) we could count it and post here players-number, for example once a week.

By "counting" I do not mean counting manually but through a program, of course. (eg. gedit)
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Nov 20, 2012 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

Thank you all for your great involvement to this server...
Here few numbers to share...

1575 different visitors (not accurate because non-interact players were purged few months ago)
285 players with interact privilege
327 protected areas (big thanks to cactuz_pl for his great job for this tedious and not easy management task)
4.7 Gb world size (still growing !)
29 mods with a total of 504 textures (Inserting a new mod may have big impact on the gameplay)

Few other words:

>Currently this world consume a lot of textures, so inserting new mods become less and less comfortable for the gameplay.
>I'm currently on a way to find a cost effective way to backup the world ... on a regular schedule (may be a dedicated EBS with periodic snapshot, or to implement a client for the AWS Glacier service)

I'm also searching for feedback on the self-protect feature "/protect" command ...
The feature original aim are :
to make land manager life easier (cactuz_pl can't be always online to answer all land administration request)
to allow player to not wait to have a safe home place.
So your feedback is welcome to enhanced your experience and protection and make cactuz_pl's life easier. Avoiding as much as possible any abuse of the protection system.

Not enough manager : I guess you're right. Knowing that giving privilege can destroy a world , I grant admin privilege on trust and not on request... Hope you understand.

I'm rarely online, but I keep an eye...

Thanks again to all of you, that make this server alive and contribute to make it nicer.

cactuz_pl wrote:
Leroy wrote:
Neuro wrote: this actually sounds like a good idea

Community Helper!!
- count all "interact" words in "auth.txt", to know how many people have "interact" privilege.

Edit: Or, if the "auth.txt" file would be published (it isn't contains any private data, only nicks and privileges) we could count it and post here players-number, for example once a week.

By "counting" I do not mean counting manually but through a program, of course. (eg. gedit)
0.4 for serious builder click here
Dedicated Minetest redcrab server forum at http://minetestbb.suret.net

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

StrateKill

by StrateKill » Post

When i got on the server it glitched and i fell under pretty much everything and now im stuck there -_-

Ade96

by Ade96 » Post

Hey cactuzPL. I am expanding New Riverwood more, so could you protect these coordinates: 1270,-30000,1670 1010,-30000,1970. And the tunnel to NR seems to need protection too, because it has been griefed and may get griefed again, so here's the cords for it: 1085,-60,1615 23,53,1595 . Thanks a bunch in advance. :)
If you're interested, here are some screenshots of my Redcrab's server's medieval town: http://ade96.imgur.com/ (Updated 8th of December)

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Ade96 wrote:Hey cactuzPL. I am expanding New Riverwood more, so could you protect these coordinates: 1270,-30000,1670 1010,-30000,1970. And the tunnel to NR seems to need protection too, because it has been griefed and may get griefed again, so here's the cords for it: 1085,-60,1615 23,53,1595 . Thanks a bunch in advance. :)
Done
Nope

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

StrateKill wrote:When i got on the server it glitched and i fell under pretty much everything and now im stuck there -_-
type /spawn

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Redcrab: and thank YOU for a wonderful server :-) Regarding adding more mods, you needn't worry about affecting gameplay:

The engine can handle 4094 nodes (it's supposed to be 65534, but it's cut short due to a bug), and right now your server probably only has a couple hundred.

Textures supplied with a mod are generally only 16x16 pixels. If each one maxes out at 2kB, those 504 texture files in the current install should only add up to about 1 MB in total. As long as mod authors don't get stupid, I think you'll be hard pressed to add even another 1 MB anytime in the next few years. ;-)

More mods will increase the client's log-in and start-up times, but generally the in-game experience won't be negatively affected. Of course more mods generally leads to better gameplay, so it's still a net gain. :-)

Mods which just add a bunch of nodes, ore generation, or a quick function that executes in a split-second as we've been doing now generally won't have any negative impact on either the client or the server, save for slightly increasing the startup/download time as more media is added.

No, the things to watch out for, in my experience, are the following (and we have, so far, been able to avoid all of these as far as I can tell):

* Stuff that implements a code-heavy ABM or mapgen-based growing function (jungle trees, conifers, flowers, etc.). These will slow down or lag the server but won't affect the client.

* Anything that adds some kind of code-heavy creature or which implements lots of them at once (MOBF, simple mobs, critters, etc.) run the risk of excess CPU usage on the server end. These can lag the client too if there are tons of them visible at once (which is probably unlikely in practice).

* Anything that implements lots of entities, especially if they move around (such as in the Particles mod). These can cause excess CPU or GPU usage on the client, and possibly lag the server.

* Anything that uses Lua code to run something more or less actively, such as certain parts of Mesecons and Technic. These will slow down the server if misused, but the client won't be affected.

* Anything that ships with high-resolution textures that can partly be seen through (not like glass per se, but more like burlap or grass where the texture has hundreds of small holes). Too many large textures can cause long client startup times in general, but the partly-see-through kind are just horrible due inefficient texture-extrude-for-wield function in the engine. The server won't be affected either way, and the client will behave fine after startup, but these should still be avoided.

* Any mod that negatively affects some well-known process, block, or mod already present in the server, or makes griefing easier, perhaps because of bugs in the engine, client, or mod(s).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

i wish there was a list of everyone whos online right now

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

redcrab wrote:Thank you all for your great involvement to this server...
Here few numbers to share...

1575 different visitors (not accurate because non-interact players were purged few months ago)
285 players with interact privilege
327 protected areas (big thanks to cactuz_pl for his great job for this tedious and not easy management task)
4.7 Gb world size (still growing !)
29 mods with a total of 504 textures (Inserting a new mod may have big impact on the gameplay)

Few other words:

>Currently this world consume a lot of textures, so inserting new mods become less and less comfortable for the gameplay.
>I'm currently on a way to find a cost effective way to backup the world ... on a regular schedule (may be a dedicated EBS with periodic snapshot, or to implement a client for the AWS Glacier service)

I'm also searching for feedback on the self-protect feature "/protect" command ...
The feature original aim are :
to make land manager life easier (cactuz_pl can't be always online to answer all land administration request)
to allow player to not wait to have a safe home place.
So your feedback is welcome to enhanced your experience and protection and make cactuz_pl's life easier. Avoiding as much as possible any abuse of the protection system.

Not enough manager : I guess you're right. Knowing that giving privilege can destroy a world , I grant admin privilege on trust and not on request... Hope you understand.

I'm rarely online, but I keep an eye...

Thanks again to all of you, that make this server alive and contribute to make it nicer.

cactuz_pl wrote:
Leroy wrote: How are we going to be able to count?

Community Helper!!

Ah. of course!
UBUNTU BRO!

Josh

by Josh » Post

Wow. Nearly 100 pages to this Topic!
Thanks for a awesome server Redcrab :)
(I also play on this server)

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

im on a journey to 30000,X,30000 i will post whenever i pass each 10000,X,10000

at the moment im very close to my first 10000,X,10000

HOORAY!!! IM THE ONE THAT MADE IT 100 PAGES!!
Last edited by Neuro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 03:53, edited 1 time in total.

juzt.

by juzt. » Post

Neuro wrote:im on a journey to 30000,X,30000 i will post whenever i pass each 10000,X,10000

at the moment im very close to my first 10000,X,10000

HOORAY!!! IM THE ONE THAT MADE IT 100 PAGES!!
Nice one man
and make screenshot ( F12)
and always have apples n smile :D