Redcrab's server

davidpace

by davidpace » Wed Nov 21, 2012 05:57

GO BUDDY, GO!!!
Neuro wrote:im on a journey to 30000,X,30000 i will post whenever i pass each 10000,X,10000

at the moment im very close to my first 10000,X,10000

HOORAY!!! IM THE ONE THAT MADE IT 100 PAGES!!
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:22

Neuro wrote:im on a journey to 30000,X,30000 i will post whenever i pass each 10000,X,10000

Is easy to reach 30000,0,30000.

True challenge is reach 30000,-30000,30000, you can do it?
Nope

juzt.

by juzt. » Wed Nov 21, 2012 15:56

Cactuz
Little problem :D
Could u remove these :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:29

juzt. wrote:Cactuz
Little problem :D
Could u remove these :D

Done

You could just remove tree-blocks and wait a few seconds. The leaves should have gone.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

qwrwed

In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Wed Nov 21, 2012 16:50

He couldn't; the area was protected.

Simone

by Simone » Wed Nov 21, 2012 18:25

Hi I would like to protect my area

owner : Simone
coordinates : from (642,-30000,1587) to (777,30000,1820) (whole vertical column from hell to heaven)

Thank-You!

acdc73t

by acdc73t » Wed Nov 21, 2012 20:36

hi im acdc73t could i please have privs?

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:32

acdc73t wrote:hi im acdc73t could i please have privs?

Granted
Nope

Neuro

by Neuro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:02

cactuz_pl wrote:

how is it easy to get there?
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Thu Nov 22, 2012 13:00

Neuro wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:

how is it easy to get there?

From 0,0,0 to 30000,0,30000 is 42000 meters/units.
In 10 minutes I went 3660 meters/units (in a straight line, which is 8,7% of 42000)(from 0,x,0 to 1482,x,3347).
Whole journey should take 111 minutes, we can add +50% of time for any difficulties.
Total time: 166 minutes, 2 hours and 46 minutes, it could be done in one afternoon.

However, it requires patience and perseverance, so GOOD LUCK!
Nope

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Nov 22, 2012 17:53

@redcrab: Thanks for the intresting statistic!

redcrab wrote:>I'm currently on a way to find a cost effective way to backup the world ... on a regular schedule (may be a dedicated EBS with periodic snapshot, or to implement a client for the AWS Glacier service)

Glad to hear that! Hope you find something working soon.

redcrab wrote:I'm also searching for feedback on the self-protect feature "/protect" command ...
The feature original aim are :
to make land manager life easier (cactuz_pl can't be always online to answer all land administration request)
to allow player to not wait to have a safe home place.
So your feedback is welcome to enhanced your experience and protection and make cactuz_pl's life easier. Avoiding as much as possible any abuse of the protection system.

Due to the limitations in areas (only 2) I'm not able to use the /protect command myshelf since I have more than 2 areas. My first house sits on a complicated patchwork of free strips of land that were a lot of work for cactuz_pl to set up due to beeing so complicated. Maybe you could increase the number of areas that can be protected for players who finished their buildings and want to start another one? Doesn't have to be automatic.

One thing that annoyed me a lot was that it proved impossible to add a subowner to my land who wasn't logged in. The mod ought to be changed so that it can handle absent players. One way to find out if a player exists is to look if a player of that name has any privs.

Another point is that this form of protection requires figuring out coordinates. The protector-mod is easier to handle for players in that respect but less helpful in most other areas. Please have a look at my compass-mod and consider installing that. It adds a completely passive node that bears its coordinates as a name. There is another compass-mod out there that acts far better as a compass, but the main point here is that we need an easy way of figuring out the coordinates without having to resort to debug mode and guessing how to round the coordinates this time.coordinates.

A few selected people (maybe the land managers) ought to be able to build in protected areas so that they can fix damage that occured there (mapgen bug...).

And new players usually look around for quite some time until they find a place to settle. Maybe a small town where everyone who gets interact can automaticly get assigned one patch of land could be helpful.

redcrab wrote:Not enough manager : I guess you're right. Knowing that giving privilege can destroy a world , I grant admin privilege on trust and not on request... Hope you understand.

Yes, that makes sense. It is always sad to see when players give up their projects/houses due to conflicts in area protection which most of the time can be sorted out easily with just a tiny bit of patience.

How about a teleporter-mod? I suggested that already and still believe that that might be a very good idea for such a large server. Someone recently built something good *several minutes at highest speed* away from spawn! How am I ever going to get there again when it's finished and the builder no longer afraid of griefers? Please add teleporters to protect my keyboard and fingers! It's no fun to press the same keys for several minutes! And a teleporter might help there a lot. Could teleport the player on_punch (thus no active searching for nearby players necessary) and be given only to trusted players so that they can connect areas of intrest (=well-built cities or other large structures) to spawn.

And beds would be nice! Just the node(box)es of them - no other functionality. Cots built out of hard wood are not comftable!

Ah, and of course my locks-mod ought to be added :-) At least the shared locked chests. They could be very helpful! The doors are another matter...

[Edit] Added a few links.
Last edited by Sokomine on Thu Nov 22, 2012 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
A list of my mods can be found here.

davidpace

by davidpace » Thu Nov 22, 2012 21:05

I agree 100%! :D
Sokomine wrote:@redcrab: Thanks for the intresting statistic!

redcrab wrote:>I'm currently on a way to find a cost effective way to backup the world ... on a regular schedule (may be a dedicated EBS with periodic snapshot, or to implement a client for the AWS Glacier service)

Glad to hear that! Hope you find something working soon.

redcrab wrote:I'm also searching for feedback on the self-protect feature "/protect" command ...
The feature original aim are :
to make land manager life easier (cactuz_pl can't be always online to answer all land administration request)
to allow player to not wait to have a safe home place.
So your feedback is welcome to enhanced your experience and protection and make cactuz_pl's life easier. Avoiding as much as possible any abuse of the protection system.

Due to the limitations in areas (only 2) I'm not able to use the /protect command myshelf since I have more than 2 areas. My first house sits on a complicated patchwork of free strips of land that were a lot of work for cactuz_pl to set up due to beeing so complicated. Maybe you could increase the number of areas that can be protected for players who finished their buildings and want to start another one? Doesn't have to be automatic.

One thing that annoyed me a lot was that it proved impossible to add a subowner to my land who wasn't logged in. The mod ought to be changed so that it can handle absent players. One way to find out if a player exists is to look if a player of that name has any privs.

Another point is that this form of protection requires figuring out coordinates. The protector-mod is easier to handle for players in that respect but less helpful in most other areas. Please have a look at my compass-mod and consider installing that. It adds a completely passive node that bears its coordinates as a name. There is another compass-mod out there that acts far better as a compass, but the main point here is that we need an easy way of figuring out the coordinates without having to resort to debug mode and guessing how to round the coordinates this time.coordinates.

A few selected people (maybe the land managers) ought to be able to build in protected areas so that they can fix damage that occured there (mapgen bug...).

And new players usually look around for quite some time until they find a place to settle. Maybe a small town where everyone who gets interact can automaticly get assigned one patch of land could be helpful.

redcrab wrote:Not enough manager : I guess you're right. Knowing that giving privilege can destroy a world , I grant admin privilege on trust and not on request... Hope you understand.

Yes, that makes sense. It is always sad to see when players give up their projects/houses due to conflicts in area protection which most of the time can be sorted out easily with just a tiny bit of patience.

How about a teleporter-mod? I suggested that already and still believe that that might be a very good idea for such a large server. Someone recently built something good *several minutes at highest speed* away from spawn! How am I ever going to get there again when it's finished and the builder no longer afraid of griefers? Please add teleporters to protect my keyboard and fingers! It's no fun to press the same keys for several minutes! And a teleporter might help there a lot. Could teleport the player on_punch (thus no active searching for nearby players necessary) and be given only to trusted players so that they can connect areas of intrest (=well-built cities or other large structures) to spawn.

And beds would be nice! Just the node(box)es of them - no other functionality. Cots built out of hard wood are not comftable!

Ah, and of course my locks-mod ought to be added :-) At least the shared locked chests. They could be very helpful! The doors are another matter...

[Edit] Added a few links.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Thu Nov 22, 2012 22:02

Hi! Can I have build privs please?

ssrock64

by ssrock64 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 23:37

Can I get build privilieges? My name on the server is forgotmyname.
Forever losing passwords...

ShawnFearin

by ShawnFearin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 04:11

Greetings, i would appreciate getting building privs my ingame is ShawnFearin

shiftus

IRC: Architect Shiftus
In-game: Architect Shiftus

by shiftus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 04:48

Redcrab my Name in minetest is Architect but you can call me Art. Can i please have building and fly privs. I am very impressed by your map and the creations on it and i wish to contribute to it.but in order to do so i need interactive privs which is basically build and fly.

davidpace

by davidpace » Fri Nov 23, 2012 04:52

Hey, I do not give privs just redcrab and cactuzPL, only moderators and admins have flying privs here, but everyone that requests "building rights gets em" just lettin you know

David
shiftus wrote:Redcrab my Name in minetest is Architect but you can call me Art. Can i please have building and fly privs. I am very impressed by your map and the creations on it and i wish to contribute to it.but in order to do so i need interactive privs which is basically build and fly.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 08:42

OmniStudent wrote:Hi! Can I have build privs please?

Player "OmniStudent" is not known by server, please login (in game) using this name, then post your request again.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 08:45

ssrock64 wrote:Can I get build privilieges? My name on the server is forgotmyname.

Player "ssrock64" already has privileges. Do you want to reset your password?
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 08:46

ShawnFearin wrote:Greetings, i would appreciate getting building privs my ingame is ShawnFearin

Granted
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 08:50

shiftus wrote:Redcrab my Name in minetest is Architect but you can call me Art. Can i please have building and fly privs. I am very impressed by your map and the creations on it and i wish to contribute to it.but in order to do so i need interactive privs which is basically build and fly.

Player "Architect" is granted, I can't give you "fly", only "interact"(building), sorry.
Happy building.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Fri Nov 23, 2012 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Fri Nov 23, 2012 13:07

cactuz_pl wrote:

Player "OmniStudent" is not known by server, please login (in game) using this name, then post your request again.

Sorry, its Omnistudent, without the big S.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 13:20

OmniStudent wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:

Sorry, its Omnistudent, without the big S.

Granted
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 17:41

Randy has been bereft privilege of interact.
Privileges will be restored for 4 days. (27th November)
Reason: greifing
Nope

Zigz1

by Zigz1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 17:50

Can I have privileges on the game?

I'm polish too by the way (to cactuz) but I'm writing english because this forum is english
Misled by shadows..

PreviousNext

Return to Servers