Redcrab's server

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Neuro wrote:someone greifed the lights and stairs in the tunnel to DC
Please post image (with "debug mode' F5, to see cords), or just cords.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Dec 18, 2012 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote:
You dont need a law stating that you should not kill someone else because you already know that this is a big no no...
Read up on what I did before you start commenting. P.S I destroyed a few panes of glass.

Let's just say, this is a real life scenario:

I steal a window, and get capital punishment. FAIR!
Minetest world isn't real world.

In real world killing is the worst thing you can do, in Minetest world killing is just annoying.
The worst crime you can do in Minetest is greifing, because the destruction is ignoring long hours or multi-day work.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Dec 18, 2012 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
In real world killing is the worst thing you can do, in Minetest world killing is just annoying.
The worst crime you can do in Minetest is greifing, because the destruction is ignoring long hours or multi-day work.
That's an opinion. And I never killed, well, I did once, when some guy was stealing apples from my forest. And I'm saying that you don't have an adequate punishment system, one person gets a week interaction revoke and others get a permanent ban, over a worser action. Extremely fair.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote: That's an opinion. And I never killed, well, I did once, when some guy was stealing apples from my forest. And I'm saying that you don't have an adequate punishment system, one person gets a week interaction revoke and others get a permanent ban, over a worser action. Extremely fair.
Interaction revoke was punishment before "No mercy law".
"The law is not retroactive" so I can't ban players for greifs which they did before "the law".

This squabble starts to be boring, as I said before: I'm not going to unban you, sorry.
I will ignore further posts on this subject.
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
Obiewan1111 wrote: That's an opinion. And I never killed, well, I did once, when some guy was stealing apples from my forest. And I'm saying that you don't have an adequate punishment system, one person gets a week interaction revoke and others get a permanent ban, over a worser action. Extremely fair.
Interaction revoke was punishment before "No mercy law".
"The law is not retroactive" so I can't ban players for greifs which they did before "the law".

This squabble starts to be boring, as I said before: I'm not going to unban you, sorry.
I will ignore further posts on this subject.
Redcrab: Please if you agree with "No mercy law" please post it in the first post, if not please post here what your position on this issue. Thanks.

Ahem.. That law is still not in state.. So this is still an unfair ban.

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote: Ahem.. That law is still not in state.. So this is still an unfair ban.
Ok, last one post in this thread.

"A drowning man clutches at straws."
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Still an unfair ban.

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

Moderated.
Avoid bad language. Thanks.
- Cisoun
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

I'm not whining, I'm trying to get my point across. Ok, I greifed, and I'm sorry. I'm not an intentional greifer, and I would never be. I'm somewhat new to this game, and new to the term greifing (I never even knew what it was until after the incident).

And now, I'm sure this forum is kind to the world of fowl language, so cut it out, and pipe down. I will not stop posting until I hear from redcrab himself, end of!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Player 'BlackGold" - interact revoked.
Reasons:
- greifing stairs and torches in DC tunnel.
- greifing path to Architect's house.
- A few hours ago I asked him what happened to 'Architect' house, he told me he found it empty.

After BlackGold 'rollback' all items from DC tunnel and Architect's house back to their place. (Some dirt blocks ant trees left, you(Architect) need to clean this yourself, sorry - (rollback bug?).

It was the worst greif I have ever come across, greifer, not only destroyed the property of others but also lied that it belongs to him.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Dec 18, 2012 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Obiewan1111, wether you like it or not. You're not getting your privs back, I can understand that you're new to this game and didn't know what griefing even was, I didn't even know it is griefing until I started to get griefed. Although I did know that destroying someone elses work was bad, extremely bad. Obiewan1111 it appears as if redcrab is busy, I dunno if he is even seeing any of these posts right now, But he could be. Since redcrab is not responding right now. Send him a forum email, might not even respond to that, idk though. We all get the point that you didn't know it was griefing when you griefed. But we cannot help you at all. Personally I side with cactuz_pl on this, you did grief, intentional or not. You griefed Period. So stop please spamming these pages. Its obvious you're not getting anything out of cactuz_pl. There are other servers out there.

David
Last edited by davidpace on Tue Dec 18, 2012 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

not that my opinion is worth anything on this server but i do agree that the sentence is rather harsh...

on the other side, maybe policing the server for reincidence would demand too much man hours from cactuz.

without reincidence we already see a huge ammount of griefing.

if the admins allows griefers to return after some time of sentence, some of them WILL grief again, increasing the already large ammount of griefers...

well, thats my two cents.

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

slendergirl66 wrote:actually, i would love this one: http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/529483/slendergirl/

I still want this. My name is Slendergirl66
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

Just wondering if I can get something rather large protected, too big to protect on my own. It's a stretch of highway in the sky: (-5,997,-834) to (3,1015,-160).

There for anyone to build onto, just don't want it getting torn up by griefers like the highways on the ground.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Interactive Map Updated

Go there now!

North Region now added.
There is not much in the other zones, so I will not add them unless requested
Last edited by rubenwardy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Interactive Map Updated

Go there now!

North Region now added.
There is not much in the other zones, so I will not add them unless requested
I love this map! :D :D

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

ruben if i can get online with you at some point could you give me sub-ownership of arena or could you plz fix it
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

davidpace wrote:Obiewan1111, wether you like it or not. You're not getting your privs back, I can understand that you're new to this game and didn't know what griefing even was, I didn't even know it is griefing until I started to get griefed. Although I did know that destroying someone elses work was bad, extremely bad. Obiewan1111 it appears as if redcrab is busy, I dunno if he is even seeing any of these posts right now, But he could be. Since redcrab is not responding right now. Send him a forum email, might not even respond to that, idk though. We all get the point that you didn't know it was griefing when you griefed. But we cannot help you at all. Personally I side with cactuz_pl on this, you did grief, intentional or not. You griefed Period. So stop please spamming these pages. Its obvious you're not getting anything out of cactuz_pl. There are other servers out there.

David
Stop being so negative. Haven't you heard if the term forgiveness? Forgive him.
UBUNTU BRO!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I have forgiven him. But he needs to stop spamming every page.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Neuro wrote:ruben if i can get online with you at some point could you give me sub-ownership of arena or could you plz fix it
I think I'm grand-owner of the arena area.

I can give you ownership, but...

In the last few months, you asked for the right to Lemoux city.
Neuro wrote:idk if you guys can do this but redcrab or cactuz can you take away jon's ownership of lemoux city and give it to me or sokomine, both of us want to repair it
2012-10-17
Neuro wrote:i wish to take over lemoux city because i dont think jon is coming back any time soon and i'd like to bring it back the best i can
2012-10-21
Neuro wrote:jon98000 was on today, i now am sub-owner of lemoux and will try my best to return it, im currently getting the tunnels back up, 2 of them were completely closed off, if you know where they when plz let me know
2012-12-06 (2 weeks ago)
Lemoux is the same as was. Tunnels are the last important thing in this city.

"Look before you leap."
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

While I was looking for some sand, I found a griefed house:

Coords: 83, 1.5, 311
Last edited by webdesigner97 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Player 'BlackGold" - interact revoked.
Reasons:
- A few hours ago I asked him what happened to 'Architect' house, he told me he found it empty.
So, the worst greif you have ever come across get's a revoke, and I, breaking a total of 2 peices of wood planks, and 2 panes of glass gets a perma-ban. DaFuq?

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote:
Reasons:
So, the worst greif you have ever come across get's a revoke, and I, breaking a total of 2 peices of wood planks, and 2 panes of glass gets a perma-ban. DaFuq?
Did you read what I said before?

There are no possibility to ban offline player, I took interact because I can't do anything more, unless he is online.
When I see such player online I'm banning him.

Edit: HERE
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Dec 20, 2012 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I found another server for you to play on, Obiewan1111.
198.27.77.205 Port 30000
That server tests the lulzpack mod. It doesn't look like you will be playing on Redcrab's server again, so you can go there instead.l

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
Obiewan1111 wrote:
Reasons:
Did you read what I said before?

There are no possibility to ban offline player, I took interact because I can't do anything more, unless he is online.
When I see such player online I'm banning him.

Edit: HERE
Again, having to chore through multiple pages. Damn, this post really does suck, it has to be monitored as well. If you didn't know that, which I doubt you did. Anyway, I still want to be un-banned. And, I'm not going to go thigh-deep in clunge to aimlessly attempt to do so again, so I'm just going to ask you to forgive me.
Last edited by Obiewan1111 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 19:04, edited 1 time in total.