Redcrab's server

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Seeing griefed houses is always sad. But still, griefers may learn and behave better in the future. At least some may.

Maybe there is a third solution to the problem with the griefers. The area protection allows to dig and place nodes on ground where one has the permission to do so and on land that is not owned. How if that was changed for griefers? They could be "granted" a special priv like "rehabilitation" and be forbidden to build/dig on *unprotected* land - while still beeing able to build on their own areas. Granted, this might make life more difficult for them, but they *did* cause other people (especially cactuz) to waste time with them. This way, they can still prove that they've changed - by investing time in a very good building that would be lost due to rollback if they griefed again.

That solution would require changes to the mod that does the protection. At least that would have to be done just once. Finding out if previous griefers did improve their behaviour and did construct something of value in the meantime and thus can regain full privileges (or loose the limiting priv) will take time.
A list of my mods can be found here.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Sokomine wrote:That solution would require changes to the mod that does the protection.
... and requires the intervention of redcrab.

As you said rollback is punishment in itself, we can add to this 3 days without "interact" and ban only most annoying greifers (after 3 rollbacks, for example).
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Jan 01, 2013 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Cactuz, I may not be able to vote in-game like you suggested we do, I'm very busy at times. Usually I only have time to check the forums. But I vote for No mercy law. Happy New Year!
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

davidpace wrote:Cactuz, I may not be able to vote in-game like you suggested we do, I'm very busy at times. Usually I only have time to check the forums. But I vote for No mercy law. Happy New Year!
Voting was only concept.
Sokomone's idea is better than No mercy law, destroying greifer's work is good punishment.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Okay :D

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Aldobr, where is my hole with all my stuff at. plz show me where it is
UBUNTU BRO!

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

I like sokomines idea the best, wouldnt it take a lot of time to do that though, to get it to work?
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Nexdah

by Nexdah » Post

HELLO_IM_DEATH Was griefing my mansion When I was doing some Improvements. Please protect my area now!
This is a Signature.

First ever Astronaut in Minetest.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Nexdah wrote:HELLO_IM_DEATH Was griefing my mansion When I was doing some Improvements. Please protect my area now!
It was Randy all along. D:
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

HELLO_IM_DEATH

by HELLO_IM_DEATH » Post

one i did not grief nothing is anything gone no? you told me to leave so i left.
Veteran Builder, Modern,medieval,futuristic types Hey Guys My MineTest Name Is HELLO_IM_DEATH or Death if you see me just say hey bro i hope to see everyone cause i like friendly people. :D

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I think HELLO_IM_DEATH should be perma banned now! Nexdah if you didn't fix up your mansion yet, DO NOT TOUCH IT!

Cactuz needs proof of the grief, he will use rollbackcheck, do not touch your mansion if you want to get rid of griefers such as HELLO_IM_DEATH!!!!

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Isn't there an equivalent to logs? Or logs itself? He could just check them, am I wrong?
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I don't think redcrab is online much, I dunno if he is seeing this.. And I doubt cactuzPL can check...

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Hello, i vote for my idea ^^
1. build school <--- spawn
2. destroy abandoned houses at spawn (more areas for new players)
or rebuild + protect
3. rebuild important/rich(superglowglass:D) roads + protect
4. no mercy law because of 1. point
but i will agree with your decision :)
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

If I_AM_DEATH griefed ban him Nexdah could you explain what he was doing
I_AM_DEATH can you explain what you were doing there?
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

davidpace wrote:I don't think redcrab is online much, I dunno if he is seeing this.. And I doubt cactuzPL can check...
Even if he doesn't have access to the logs it seems that Cactuz is able to see the last person to interact with specific nodes, which is why people are advised not to do repairs until he's had a chance to see the griefed area.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

We need the Boats Mod
UBUNTU BRO!

ssrock64

by ssrock64 » Post

Here's some pictures of the destruction of my sky mansion and dvx's lava property next to it. I'll be protecting my sky mansion as soon as I repair it, and I hope dvx protects his property soon because this is the second and worst time his lava has been used for ill.

I came home to find a giant, fugly wooden entrace all over my grand entrace, but I fixed it and most other major damage in a rage before I started snapping shots. Here's the stuff I got after wisening up.

The first photo here is of my glowglass column on the top floor, which has become an ugly path to the roof.

This is between my path and dvx's property. I just built that wall with the sign a few days ago because somebody else griefed in a much more minor manner, but this is much worse now.

Here's the sign changed to give whoever did it credit, which I discovered after clearing away the wood all over my entrance.

Every tree in and around my house (which were all sculpted in specific shapes) is gone.

Back on the ground with dvx's property, a canal has been dug and filled with lava, ruining many nearby paths. The lava flows underground into an undergrand lake that contains many of my mineshafts. I fixed it was best I could and got rid of the lava sources, but there's sitll damage all around.
Forever losing passwords...

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

DO NOT REPAIR THE DAMAGE!!! WAIT FOR CACTUZ TO ROLLBACK IT!!

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Grief Report:

Mario was griefed.

Huge Block of water
UBUNTU BRO!

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

We need the Boats Mod!
UBUNTU BRO!

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Leroy wrote:We need the Boats Mod!
Why do you post that twice? I don't think we need it.

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

webdesigner97 wrote: Why do you post that twice? I don't think we need it.
Its good for traveling across large ocean.
UBUNTU BRO!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Ssrock, thanks for report, but I still don't know where is it. Post cords please.
Nope

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Is that true?