Redcrab's server

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

if the tree wasnt protected its your own fault if it was then its greif, trees are trees they're everywhere
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

aldobr wrote:I usually regard natural resources as not being grief.

As long as its not on a protected area and were not placed by someone else.

If the tree grew naturally, its not grief. Else it is.
Well those trees did not grow there naturally, I planted them and they grew with the help of torchlight. That is not natural, so it is griefing.
Although it isn't that big of a damage, it's they symbol that counts. I grew those trees as a decoration of my Empire, to make it look better, and someone waltzes along and defecates on it. That's just wrong on so many levels, and since I had to replant those trees, it is griefing.
By now, I don't really care about punishment, I just want someone to read the logs and tell me who it was.
davidpace wrote:I do consider it griefing if it was griefed that far away from spawn. I mean, there is no excuse that you could've grabbed some trees from somewhere else, I mean.. There isn't TONS of land owned that far out.
This dude, is correct. There were plenty of other trees in the area, someone could have cut any of those and leave my trees alone. My trees are my trees, and I will not tolerate any griefing. Now I do seek punishment for the person who is responsible!
Last edited by SegFault22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

SegFault22 wrote:

Well those trees did not grow there naturally, I planted them and they grew with the help of torchlight. That is not natural, so it is griefing.
Although it isn't that big of a damage, it's they symbol that counts. I grew those trees as a decoration of my Empire, to make it look better, and someone waltzes along and defecates on it. That's just wrong on so many levels, and since I had to replant those trees, it is griefing.
By now, I don't really care about punishment, I just want someone to read the logs and tell me who it was.
davidpace wrote:I do consider it griefing if it was griefed that far away from spawn. I mean, there is no excuse that you could've grabbed some trees from somewhere else, I mean.. There isn't TONS of land owned that far out.
This dude, is correct. There were plenty of other trees in the area, someone could have cut any of those and leave my trees alone. My trees are my trees, and I will not tolerate any griefing. Now I do seek punishment for the person who is responsible!
not gonna happen now that you replanted, cactuz cant read who did it cuz you planted a new one.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Neuro is right..
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Neuro wrote:
SegFault22 wrote:

not gonna happen now that you replanted, cactuz cant read who did it cuz you planted a new one.
In the logs somewhere, there is still a line showing where the default:tree block was removed from one location, and another line for the other. And after that, there are two lines showing where I placed default:sapling at those two places. Saplings do not overwrite the log files, so you are not correct. Anyone with access to the files can see who has done anything at any time of any day for as far back as the logs go.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

*Sigh* You miss our point. Cactuz_PL does not have access to those logs.
Only RedCrab Does, And he has not been on lately (As far as I know).
So nobody can check those logs and figure it out. And I think the logs reset or something.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

1. I can check who was LAST editor.
2. Damages in unprotected areas are greifs too.
3. It was just 2 trees, even if I found out who did it, he/she would not be banned, unless he/she do something again.
4. Now your area is protected.
Nope

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

i dont know if this is greif or was there after it was hit with the mapgen but this is jons castle in lemoux, if it wasnt greif and just mapgen i never noticed it before

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Neuro wrote:Image

i dont know if this is greif or was there after it was hit with the mapgen but this is jons castle in lemoux, if it wasnt greif and just mapgen i never noticed it before
Isn't Jon's castle protected?
UBUNTU BRO!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Someone has griefed Payne's Nightclub in Durmia. Someone dropped off some stuff at my brother's place, and the stuff looks a lot like what was in the place. The person who did this is probably trying to frame my brother by dumping the stuff there. However - my brother will be more than happy to give the stuff back to Payne, to rebuild it.
Here's a screenshot:
EDIT: it was Username TheRedNeck who actually did this (my brother). He does tend to lie alot, even when it's obvious what the truth is...
Last edited by SegFault22 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Someone has griefed Payne's Nightclub in Durmia. (...)
TheRedNeck was greifer.

All his actions were reverted.
Password changed (Max is using the same IP).
Nope

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Somebody griefed the northern highway near DC:
35, 50, 523

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

slendergirl66 wrote:Just a note, I likely wont be visiting at all. Don't get me wrong, guys, I love all of you. It's just that i recently discovered that Minetest was taking up WAY too much space on my computer, so I deleted it.
Anyways, I will still visit the forums, so I'd love to keep in contact with everyone!
Love ya all
SG66
PS: If anyone sees Cold_Fire online, please tell him!!!
Minetest does not take up much space if you manage it well.
  • Delete the cache folder
  • Delete any texture packs
  • Delete any unused/unneeded worlds
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

wow no one even cared that i left -_-
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

slendergirl66 wrote:wow no one even cared that i left -_-
It's always sad when someone leaves minetest, sorry I didn't know you, so I didn't take much attention to the fact you left. :/
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Max should be perma banned! -.- Too many griefers!

Akrivus

by Akrivus » Post

May I have the ability to build on your server?

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

davidpace wrote:Max should be perma banned! -.- Too many griefers!
max wasnt greifer theredneck was

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

Akrivus : you can do it yourself by typing /setemail <your@email.com> in the game chat (press t)

replace <your@email.com> with your email (obviously)

Then wait for an email to reach your email account. Check spam/trash too.

Login to the game using the supplied password,
when the game loads press esc and you will see a "change password" buttom, click it and setup your normal password.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

cactuz_pl wrote: TheRedNeck was greifer.

Neuro, did you even read this?

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

umm if you see this jon i didnt realize these used to be signs so some are missing, but cactuz or redcrab can you tell me why these dirt blocks were signs and arent anymore, i didnt think the mapgen bug could do that

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Neuro on Mon Jan 07, 2013 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

davidpace wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote: TheRedNeck was greifer.

Neuro, did you even read this?
i did, it wouldnt be fair to ban max cuz he didnt do anything theredneck did so theredneck's password was changed so max can still play
Last edited by Neuro on Mon Jan 07, 2013 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Neuro wrote: i did, it wouldnt be fair to ban max cuz he didnt do anything theredneck did so theredneck's password was changed so max can still play
Max reported this greif, so I doubt it was him. TheRedNeck is his brother.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Neuro wrote:umm if you see this jon i didnt realize these used to be signs so some are missing, but cactuz or redcrab can you tell me why these dirt blocks were signs and arent anymore, i didnt think the mapgen bug could do that
I think only mapgen bug could do this.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Ohhhhhh okay. Sorry I didn't know Max reported him :/, Sorry Max, and Neuro.