Redcrab's server

dunkspunk

by dunkspunk » Post

Hi i'm new on this server i'd like to have the privs to build on it.
can you bring me build privillege.
thanks

sorry for my english i'm spanish

JoeyXtreme

by JoeyXtreme » Post

you can do it yourself with the /setemail command
Hi i'm a signature :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

dunkspunk wrote:Hi i'm new on this server i'd like to have the privs to build on it.
can you bring me build privillege.
thanks

sorry for my english i'm spanish
Read first post. http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=1705
redcrab wrote:Self-granted interact privilege (thanks to /setemail command)

How it works:

Let's say I'm a new player with a wished inworld name MrFoo

1) log into redcrab's minetest server with these info
Name : MrFoo password :*******
server : redcrab.suret.net port : 30401

2) When I'm In, I have no 'interact' privilege (no ability to build/dig/place/open doors...)
I can check my privilege by typing /privs .. should be "shout,fast" by default
I type in chat (Type 'T' or Type '/') then I type

/setemail mrfoo@mydomain.ext

of course replace mrfoo@mydomain.ext with your real personal email address.

WARNING : be sure to type correctly the email address
WARNING , if the email address is false or fake my "MrFoo" player inworld name will be locked (due to the password reset)

3) I will receive (shortly under few seconds) a message on screen saying that my password is reset then I will be eject to this world and I have to log in again into this world with the new password provided by email.

4) Press ESC to return to login screen, get your new password from your email.. that may takes time to arrive.

5) Log in with new password, then you may check that you have 'interact' privilege by typing /privs -- should give "shout,fast,interact".

Then: happy building!

If you didn't get your email after few hours, check your "spam" folder or request assistance on forum.

Note: after password reset, you may change the password back to your old password thanks to the change password feature (press ESC, click on change password button).
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Jan 17, 2013 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Max also had a go at half the server and told everyone to "Shut up" because we were 'Spamming', as he wanted to individually post the co-ords of his zones in chat. THE IRONY?!

It seems like he is determined to own this server somewhen? And, also, his attitude is rather 'Stuck-up'..
Last edited by Obiewan1111 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote:Max also had a go at half the server and told everyone to "Shut up" because we were 'Spamming', as he wanted to individually post the co-ords of his zones in chat. THE IRONY?!
Max, you should know that words such as "sorry" and "please" would be more effective than "you will be banned for spamming and greifing".
Nope

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Tickborn, please create your own forum account, somebody can impersonate you.

If he is founder (creator) he can do this, but he have to grant you access to your buildings, town isn't belongs to him, it belongs to all of builders. Flag doesn't change anything, this town can be part of "empire". "Empire" is just little part of this server and it can't have other rules. Max have to grant new areas if citizens (and strangers) want to build there. Max, if you agree with this just post here. If you kill someone because he is walking in the city (or tell somebody to do this) or take charge for land (or other charge ex. for digging) then I will have your agreement for taking this land from you (by change password for example) and revoke interact for 10 days (Ban if you kill someone) Agree? Otherwise I will give this area payne or Sokomine. If you are a good and fair emperor, it should not be a problem, right?
True. I impose no harsh laws that go against server rules, and I do not have any rules against people entering my empire (stated numerous times in the past). However - at the time that we were not allowing people to enter, we were under attack by a gang of terrorists headed by Neuro, so I didn't want to take any chances with anyone coming and surprise-attacking the unarmed citizens. The city is not on lockdown any more.
Also, I do not tax any of my people. In fact, I give out lots for free. And I pay people to mine for the empire. So, if there is anything ''uneven'' or against server rules, please state that in another post, so that I may change it to be even.
Thank you for granting me ownership of the city, I will proceed to add sub-areas ASAP.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Sokomine, I believe is a woman. Isn't that right Sokomine?
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Cumehtar summarized the problem well. There's one point I want to comment on:
Cumehtar wrote: What I think we need here is for Max to post the rules of his Empire, those additional rules he needs it to work as a project, then agree on the territories where these rules would work. And a word from Max that he would not extend his area with additional rules too near other player's projects and houses. If Durima can't be neatly divided in 'free' and 'imperial' zone, it should be established as 'imperial outpost' or whatever, where we would be able to either follow 'imperial' rules or not, as we wish.
I think the "territories" aspect is one that is causing some of the confusion here. Protection of areas is a technical means to ensure that builders can be reasonably sure that their buildings are not modified by other players without their consent. It is no real estate! It is just there to protect what you did build or are going to build in the near future. Without trying to place or dig something, but just passing through, nobody can find out who "owns" a local area (ok, issuinig the chat command would technically be possible but is rather complicated; and not everyone has debug mode on). Thus it is not practical to make special rules for certain areas for non-inhabitants.

Most towns have their own set of rules. Those usually repeat what is common sense and are more or less a re-wording of the server rules (basically "be nice to each other and respect each other"). Some additional rules cover the necessities of a city - that is, how to get new areas to build on, how the borders are marked and so on. Other rules are not even stated but followed anyway because the players want to build a good-looking town (i.e. using a similar style for the buildings). The job of the "land owner" is to manage the area and give subownership to players who want to build there. This may include a selection - not every building might fit everywhere.

Thus, new players coming to Max' town and asking for a building space there can consult the rules for that town and either agree to them or build elsewhere with for them more agreeable rules. That applies to the town as such and not to any protected area. It can not be retrospectly applied to people who moved to a town they considered abandomed. And new rules could only be set up with the agreement of the inhabitants who contributed to the town.

Empires are about territories. Expansion may be an integral part of them. But the technical function of protecting areas is not suited for that purpose. The empire and the area it covers can only exist in the imagination of those who decide to play along and participate. To all others, the special rules of the empire plain simply do not apply. It is up to each player to decide if and how far he/she wants to participate in Max' empire. The "borders" can then be anywhere - including towns whose builders are completely ignorant of them. The borders and rules will only be relevant for those players who are intrested in them. They do not mean that Max has any jurisdiction or privileges apart from those every player has. This also means that players who state that they do not want to participate are not insulted, asked to move out or threatened in any way.

What Max builds there and how he treats his..er..inhabitants is not bad as such. From what I understand, building space is sold, yes. If the players agree to that it's ok. Didn't seem particulary expensive (rather a symbolic price). The "wages" for services done seemd rather high in comparison :-) The town offers new players help and building space. Some players seem to enjoy the RPG very much. That's good! It's a game and ought to be fun. Just remember that it ends when other people are treated badly and that following a leader may be easy but does not relief you of your responsibility for your actions.

I suggest to treat Max' RPG the same way as PvP: It's ok if both players agree and not ok if one doesn't want to participate. That leaves margin for errors - missunderstandings, people changing their mind etc - but once the error is detected by the erring party that one ought to try to correct the mistake.

[Edit]Davidpace is right. I just don't usually publish that because women are sometimes treated differently and I want neither disadvantage nor advantage.

[Edit2] And yes, Max seems to really care about his inhabitants. As I said, there seems to be more given than taken :-) Now if the "empire" could become some great RPG that's fun even for the non-participants and thus gain new participants that would be great! But those not participating have to be treated better than in the past. If necessary, drop out of your role and tell people that you didn't mean it the way they understood! There is so much space on the map that we can all build :-)
Last edited by Sokomine on Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
A list of my mods can be found here.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Possible sign vandalism? Sokomine's area near what appears to be a private mine.

Coordinates: 1.5, 8.5, 3
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That close to spawn? Might be Martins house (at least that is what I remember the sign said). It's not mine. Maybe Cactuz can have a look.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Hi I would like to protect my area

owner : ch98
coordinates : from (300,210,600) to (-100,5000,200)
This space is where my platform in the sky to my future home and it has a lot of things that need protection like maze and mese safes. I don't want hundreds of woods used for maze stolen or ladders to be cut putting meses in safe out of leach. Platform is not built this far yet but it would in future. if it was overlapping, please shrink it to (200,210,500) to (-50,2000,250)
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Chinchow wrote:Can we add the morechests mod?
I don't know if this was missed in all of the confusion but the request is still there
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Noogah

by Noogah » Post

I am extremely confused by the way the coordinate protection works.

I have found a wonderful hill with a nice mine, water supply, and trees. I and my sisters want to protect it for development, but first off, the default allowable size is not nearly enough, and secondly, I don't get how you can close off a polygonal section of land using two sets of 3D coordinates.

This only forms a straight line.

(x,y,z)-------------------(x,y,z)

However, I wish to do this:

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
(x,y,z)--------------------(x,y,z)

In case a mod sees this, and would like to help me out, the land in question is located in the polygon formed between the points:

723,13,-78
634,23,-87
637,18,-182
698,3,-189

A little depth would also be good, so that we can use the buckets in our basements for pools, etc.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

Noogah wrote:I am extremely confused by the way the coordinate protection works.

I have found a wonderful hill with a nice mine, water supply, and trees. I and my sisters want to protect it for development, but first off, the default allowable size is not nearly enough, and secondly, I don't get how you can close off a polygonal section of land using two sets of 3D coordinates.

This only forms a straight line.

However, I wish to do this:

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
(x,y,z)--------------------(x,y,z)

In case a mod sees this, and would like to help me out, the land in question is located in the polygon formed between the points:

723,13,-78
634,23,-87
637,18,-182
698,3,-189

A little depth would also be good, so that we can use the buckets in our basements for pools, etc.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Imagine a cube. It works by typing the coordinates of the two opposite corners, the top and bottom. It will protect the area between the corners.
Hi there ^.~

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Noogah, try this http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 025#p38025

ch98, I can protect your land only when you are online.
Nope

Noogah

by Noogah » Post

Okay, thanks a lot cactus-plz! That clarifies a lot. So, I would like to protect the land, coordinates:

705,18,243 631,38,56

I have three people who will be collaborating with me here. Thanks in advance!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Noogah wrote:Okay, thanks a lot cactus-plz! That clarifies a lot. So, I would like to protect the land, coordinates:

705,18,243 631,38,56

I have three people who will be collaborating with me here. Thanks in advance!
To grantsomebody else type:

Code: Select all

/add_owner PLAYER_NAME 701,1000,-163 646,-3000,-116
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

rarkenin wrote:Possible sign vandalism? Sokomine's area near what appears to be a private mine.
There is no need to check (rollback_check -> lag), it's just a weak joke and I think it isn't offensive.

Thanks for report.
Nope

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Maybe it would be a good idea to equip new players (those that did /setemail) with a set of necessary things to get startet - especially a few torches. A bit tree, coal, glass and cobble (each about 1-10) couldn't hurt much either I think. It takes some time to get to "free" land where trees can be chopped down. Usually there isn't much light there. Also players could experiment a bit with their inventory when they visit the crafting school and try out the receipes.

Regarding the crafting school: Apart from the demonstration mine (which lacks samples of ore-in-stone since no one can place it), the school is ready!

Each thing you can craft is displayed with a chest beneath or next to it. Arrange the items on the left side of the box in your crafting grind in the same way to get the output on the right side. Note: It's a crafting school (and reference guide due to lack of craft_guide) - not a shop :-)

New players: You can reach it from spawn. If you enter through the entrance at the bottom (next to the small lake), please go up the stairs inside and start your tour where the signs say. It starts with things you can craft out of wood, describes tools (such as a pick), shows what can be mined and how useful metal is, demonstrates things like glass, glowglass, sandstone, brick etc. and introduces stairs.

The second floor continues with stair-related blocks (panels, slabs, microblocks and more!) and shows how to craft furniture for living room, bathroom, kitchen and entertainment (TV etc.). The diffrent colors of wool are shown.

Further up you can find nightstands, diffrent decorative tables, bookshelves, rugs and curtains.

In the topmost floor beneath the roof, you can find all types of lamps and light-producing blocks.

Don't forget to climb on the roof from the topmost floor! There is a rare nyan cat on display on top of the roof. It is a donation from AspireMint.

Back on the floor that you came into from spawn you can find doors, fences, window shutters, roofing material (shingles), ceiling paint and flower pots.

Between the doors displayed there, a staircase leads down into the bottommost floor. There you will see naturally occouring blocks and other ones useful as building material for walls and floors. Horizontal tree and a large assortment of glass are included.

Outside the school in the garden you can find a small desert and plants in their natural habitat. Have a look at the all-sides-grassnode!

Hope it will be helpful. If you find anything missing or notice errors, please report them!

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Oh GEEZ! More Griefs :

Missing glass

Missing Yellow/Green Wool

Missing Yellow/Green Wool
UBUNTU BRO!

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Even More Griefs:

With Creepy Sign. DX
UBUNTU BRO!

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Southern-DC is open again!

Martin?! Where are you? Your hotel isn't finished. :(

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Sokomine wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to equip new players (those that did /setemail) with a set of necessary things to get startet - especially a few torches. A bit tree, coal, glass and cobble (each about 1-10) couldn't hurt much either I think. It takes some time to get to "free" land where trees can be chopped down. Usually there isn't much light there. Also players could experiment a bit with their inventory when they visit the crafting school and try out the receipes.

Regarding the crafting school: Apart from the demonstration mine (which lacks samples of ore-in-stone since no one can place it), the school is ready!

Each thing you can craft is displayed with a chest beneath or next to it. Arrange the items on the left side of the box in your crafting grind in the same way to get the output on the right side. Note: It's a crafting school (and reference guide due to lack of craft_guide) - not a shop :-)

New players: You can reach it from spawn. If you enter through the entrance at the bottom (next to the small lake), please go up the stairs inside and start your tour where the signs say. It starts with things you can craft out of wood, describes tools (such as a pick), shows what can be mined and how useful metal is, demonstrates things like glass, glowglass, sandstone, brick etc. and introduces stairs.

The second floor continues with stair-related blocks (panels, slabs, microblocks and more!) and shows how to craft furniture for living room, bathroom, kitchen and entertainment (TV etc.). The diffrent colors of wool are shown.

Further up you can find nightstands, diffrent decorative tables, bookshelves, rugs and curtains.

In the topmost floor beneath the roof, you can find all types of lamps and light-producing blocks.

Don't forget to climb on the roof from the topmost floor! There is a rare nyan cat on display on top of the roof. It is a donation from AspireMint.

Back on the floor that you came into from spawn you can find doors, fences, window shutters, roofing material (shingles), ceiling paint and flower pots.

Between the doors displayed there, a staircase leads down into the bottommost floor. There you will see naturally occouring blocks and other ones useful as building material for walls and floors. Horizontal tree and a large assortment of glass are included.

Outside the school in the garden you can find a small desert and plants in their natural habitat. Have a look at the all-sides-grassnode!

Hope it will be helpful. If you find anything missing or notice errors, please report them!
I am willing to supply and equip new players with my bank. (With some bank ads.)
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Leroy wrote:Even More Griefs:

With Creepy Sign. DX
Check this grief!
UBUNTU BRO!

Tickborn

by Tickborn » Post

Last goodbye pic of Payne in front of his first house in Durima *sigh*

Cheer up man, we have a lot of new things to do now :)