IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
KoalaBear wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:
Wow, I am surprised.
You seriously didnt know this?
I don't particularly go around player's houses to check if their computer uses a hacked client...

Is it AspireMint?
Didn't you know it was Foobar? He flies, and stuff. He told me himself a while back.
Back from the dead!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Foobar didn't exactly hide his modifications to his client. When someone flies around who hasn't the fly priv, it becomes kind of obvious. The other modifications Foobar uses and told everyone intrested about are click rate (apparently a config thing) and nyan cat appearence prediction. I'm only mentioning it here because not all players seem to know (not everyone is online at the same hours!).
While flying and the ability to place blocks faster may make building slightly easier, they don't have much influence on gameplay and quality of building. The time saved ought to go into higher quality buildings, so I'd expect slightly more of someone with a modified client than of someone without. Foobar seems to invest his time mostly in helping other players build larger structures - so that's perfectly ok as well :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

KoalaBear

by KoalaBear » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
KoalaBear wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:
Wow, I am surprised.
You seriously didnt know this?
I don't particularly go around player's houses to check if their computer uses a hacked client...

Is it AspireMint?
No, i mean ive see this person flying around, but noone gave him the privs & and he told me
Yolo :)

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

As part of a conversation that came up in-game:
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

whiteboyswag

by whiteboyswag » Post

can i please have this area protected under whiteboyswag -248,11,1792 -259,22,1801

I still dont have this protected
White boys can have swag also.

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

Chainlynx, The Rumpelstiltskin guy was on again, he was looking for you then said some weird poem thing involving locked chests. Happened around 5:35 PST
My username tells almost everything about me.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

whiteboyswag wrote:can i please have this area protected under whiteboyswag -248,11,1792 -259,22,1801

I think it is faster to catch one of the moderators on game and ask in game. You and moderator need to be in game to get bigger or more than 2 lands.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

ch98 wrote:
whiteboyswag wrote:can i please have this area protected under whiteboyswag -248,11,1792 -259,22,1801

I think it is faster to catch one of the moderators on game and ask in game. You and moderator need to be in game to get bigger or more than 2 lands.
That's right, you need to reminder in-game about this request (number 3882) Sokomine, Foobar or me.
Nope

SinbadShalazar

by SinbadShalazar » Post

Spongebob@ Noogah's town

SinbadShalazar

by SinbadShalazar » Post

Kirby@ Noogah's town

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

SinbadShalazar wrote:Kirby@ Noogah's town

lol my texture pack made kirby blue
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Noogah

by Noogah » Post

Alright, I am writing to finally and formally announce the existence of Fort Noogah -

I have opened a fort at coordinates -1100,35,-1000

This a protected fort, but I will give privileges to any credible party who would like to build there.

We have
  • Public materials for residents
  • A church
  • Orchards
  • Houses
  • Road system
  • Pixel art
  • A gigantic basement [under construction]
The fort is not completely finished yet, but it is far enough along in its development that I am ready to let people know it is there. In the future, I plan on building a library, and a rather deep jump into a lit cave pool area. This will also serve as access into caverns and mines.

Below are some screenshots:

We are located by bridge, directly across from and connected to MisterBanana's castle, again, at co-ordinates -1100,35,-1000

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Why don't redcrab make a server with an copy of this server's map updated every few days so all greafers can go there and not touch anything here.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

ch98 wrote:Why don't redcrab make a server with an copy of this server's map updated every few days so all greafers can go there and not touch anything here.
It wouldn't stop them. Griefers are called griefers because they take pleasure in ruining other people's fun. If all they cared about was destruction then they'd likely just make ginormous craters here and there throughout the land.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

ch98 wrote:Why don't redcrab make a server with an copy of this server's map updated every few days so all greafers can go there and not touch anything here.
Wow! I think this is great idea!

- "fly", "fast" and "telepotrt" for everyone (and maybe "giveme")
- no protection (except close spawn area - to prevent blocking spawn)
- map copied every week from main server

Advantages:
+ Easy exploring
+ At least part of greifers could riot
+ Testing new mods and versions of Minetest, without risk of damage original world.

Disadvantages:
- I don't know if server will handle new CPU and HDD load.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:Disadvantages:
- I don't know if server will handle new CPU and HDD load.
If on Linux, run it with a high 'nice-value', which in effect is a lower CPU and disk priority.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

by 2232 » Post

How can I claim land??? I want a large lot, and someone has been digging up my ground!! D:
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

2232 wrote:How can I claim land??? I want a large lot, and someone has been digging up my ground!! D:
/protect x,y,z x,y,z

by 2232 » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
2232 wrote:How can I claim land??? I want a large lot, and someone has been digging up my ground!! D:
/protect x,y,z x,y,z
I did that; but it didnt do anything; others can still dig, as I found out this morning.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

In this case, maybe there was an error and the protection did not work. It usually prints an error message in that case. You can use /list_areas to check your areas. For larger projects, larger regions can be protected. For a start, the selfprotect region ought to be large enough.
A list of my mods can be found here.

by 2232 » Post

Sokomine wrote:In this case, maybe there was an error and the protection did not work. It usually prints an error message in that case. You can use /list_areas to check your areas. For larger projects, larger regions can be protected. For a start, the selfprotect region ought to be large enough.
It says: '/protect startpos endpos' when I hit '/protect x,y,z,x,y,z'. Is that normal?? Then, when I hit '/list_areas', it says: 'showing your owner entries (you can delete only these)'; that's all it says. There's no properties listed.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

no comma between first x,y,z and second x,y,z:

/protect x,y,z x,y,z

by 2232 » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:no comma between first x,y,z and second x,y,z:

/protect x,y,z x,y,z
Nope; nothing.... /list_areas is still blank :-/

by 2232 » Post

These are the coordinates I want: 512.0, 20.5, 82.2 X 221.0, 12.5, -60.9 <thats the length. This is REALLY confusing me O_o

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

2232 wrote:These are the coordinates I want: 512.0, 20.5, 82.2 X 221.0, 12.5, -60.9 <thats the length. This is REALLY confusing me O_o
Do not include decimals. It should be

Code: Select all

512, 20, 82               221, 12, -61