Redcrab's server

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

patrickwhite989 wrote:can i have a interact with red crab and my name is patrick
Patrick, read first post please.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=1705
In this post you can read how to obtain interact priv.
Nope

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:A mapgen bug hit desert city.
Which one? DC by me and IK or another one?

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

Announcement

port 30402 is a full clone of 30401 dated 26/03/2016 15:40 UTC

Enjoy to use it for your build experiment without fear.
0.4 for serious builder click here
Dedicated Minetest redcrab server forum at http://minetestbb.suret.net

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Any ideas why seed has been changed?

Old: 9214424662564014099
New:732124496316893162
Nope

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Ran out of disk space? For some reason, config files are set to 0 bytes when there isn't enough space left, and without a backup, seed is lost. Perhaps this is what happened when Lors Desert City got destroyed recently.
A list of my mods can be found here.

jacksfilms

by jacksfilms » Post

How long will the server be down?

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

jacksfilms wrote:How long will the server be down?
should be up now ..

@cactuz .. thanks for the seed info ... the seed info was regenerated for an unknown reason
(I guess my process monitor restart the server before the data refresh , then if there is no seed yet it regenerate one .. interprocess conflict ... that was my fault ... because I would have parallel processing to reach the result earlier but "race" effect occurs )

NB:
This forum thread is above 4000 posts, so for your convenience, a dedicated redcrab's server forum is available at http://minetestbb.suret.net.
Last edited by redcrab on Tue Mar 26, 2013 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Does anyone know a guy with a name that starts with a d and plays on this server that likes to make quests on this server? This is because he griefed on property owned by Keinfarr and I.
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

So we can play on both 30401 and 30402, but the 02 is for testing new mods?
My username tells almost everything about me.

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

Does anyone know a guy with a name that starts with a d and plays on this server that likes to make quests on this server? This is because he griefed on property owned by Keinfarr and I.
Is the name:
Discolly_br
mcwillis08 wrote:

hi im mcwillis08 and i have played the server for a month now maybe and i need to say that my house was greifed really badly i wish you or a different moderator would roll back my stuff please the person greifed sometime between 7:00am on wednesday 3/20 and 4:30 thursday 3/21 in the eastern standard time in America my house is around -125 and 1755in lor599 city thank you

lor599 wrote:

Hello, I'm Lor599 and have a house on my island with a room inside that has been griefed, this griefer has also hit to Mcwillis08's house If a moderator will please rollback who touched it last my island home is located at -463, 3.5, 1811
If any of of you will help, It will be gladly appreciated
Thanks --lor599

Done. It was Discolly_br.

To moderators: Please ban player Discolly_br when he is online.
Last edited by BAGPIPE on Tue Mar 26, 2013 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

BAGPIPE wrote:
Is the name:
Discolly_br
mcwillis08 wrote:

hi im mcwillis08 and i have played the server for a month now maybe and i need to say that my house was greifed really badly i wish you or a different moderator would roll back my stuff please the person greifed sometime between 7:00am on wednesday 3/20 and 4:30 thursday 3/21 in the eastern standard time in America my house is around -125 and 1755in lor599 city thank you

lor599 wrote:

Hello, I'm Lor599 and have a house on my island with a room inside that has been griefed, this griefer has also hit to Mcwillis08's house If a moderator will please rollback who touched it last my island home is located at -463, 3.5, 1811
If any of of you will help, It will be gladly appreciated
Thanks --lor599

Done. It was Discolly_br.

To moderators: Please ban player Discolly_br when he is online.
I do believe so!

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Has anyone else had problems connecting to the server? Or has the world just gotten to be to much of a load for my laptop?

legendofexodia

by legendofexodia » Post

I have been wrongfully accused of harassing someone when I have not done so. I have also been accused of being another player which I am not. I have been on this server for a while, and frankly, this is an outrage. The accusing party is Noogah, says I "stalked" Sweet_Caboo, which I did not, and says I harassed her by calling her name "Sexy", which I admit to saying as a compliment. Furthermore, Noogah is being very delusional, and so is his friend SinbadShalazar. I would like my grievance to be heard.
Thanks,
LOE
Crime doesn't pay.

Noogah

by Noogah » Post

legendofexodia wrote:I have been wrongfully accused of harassing someone when I have not done so. I have also been accused of being another player which I am not. I have been on this server for a while, and frankly, this is an outrage. The accusing party is Noogah, says I "stalked" Sweet_Caboo, which I did not, and says I harassed her by calling her name "Sexy", which I admit to saying as a compliment. Furthermore, Noogah is being very delusional, and so is his friend SinbadShalazar. I would like my grievance to be heard.
Thanks,
LOE
All actions which he said I did, I did. I don't frankly see how this qualifies as a complaint.

The residents of my fort, namely, Sweet_Caboo (who has now left Redcrab entirely, thanks to excessive harassment by 'john'), and Sinbadshalazar, have complained to me multiple times about stalking and generally unpleasant behavior by Legend, and the user 'john', whom he calls his friend.

I therefore evicted him from the fort.

As for the accusation of him being somebody else, it is true that some are accusing him of being 'john'. I for one agree with this assessment, though it can't be proven, due to great congruity of behavior.
Last edited by Noogah on Wed Mar 27, 2013 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

legendofexodia

by legendofexodia » Post

Noogah wrote:
legendofexodia wrote:I have been wrongfully accused of harassing someone when I have not done so. I have also been accused of being another player which I am not. I have been on this server for a while, and frankly, this is an outrage. The accusing party is Noogah, says I "stalked" Sweet_Caboo, which I did not, and says I harassed her by calling her name "Sexy", which I admit to saying as a compliment. Furthermore, Noogah is being very delusional, and so is his friend SinbadShalazar. I would like my grievance to be heard.
Thanks,
LOE
All actions which he said I did, I did. I don't frankly see how this qualifies as a complaint.

The residents of my fort, namely, Sweet_Caboo (who has now left Redcrab entirely, thanks to excessive harassment by 'john'), and Sinbadshalazar, have complained to me multiple times about stalking and generally unpleasant behavior by Legend, and the user 'john', whom he calls his friend.

I therefore evicted him from the fort.

As for the accusation of him being somebody else, it is true that some are accusing him of being 'john'. I for one agree with this assessment, though it can't be proven, due to great congruity of behavior.
First of all, Sinbad was prejudiced against me since the first time I met these people( He attacked me), and second I have not stalked anyone on this server, at all. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. And true, John is a friend of mine who may have done something, but I have committed no such behaviors. I have been here much longer than John, and cactuz_pl knows this as a fact, so does Sokomine, and so does Traxie21.
Crime doesn't pay.

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

BAGPIPE wrote:So we can play on both 30401 and 30402, but the 02 is for testing new mods?
thanks for the question, so let me clarify a bit about 30402.

NB: for those that are a bit confuse with the terms 30401 and 30402 , these numbers refers to the port used to access a particular server, knowing that redcrab's server share same server name (redcrab.suret.net).

The 30402 usage scope is not yet clearly defined , but until now 30402 is :
  • A clone of 30401 : it may be cloned periodically so building on 30402 could be erased, the cloning periodicity is not yet defined
  • In creative mode : privileges fly, give, teleport, interact are given by default
  • Without explicit management : Currently node_ownership is preserved but may be removed later on. So grief may exist.
  • A candidate for mods testing : mods may be under test with potential dangerous effect on the worlds
Last edited by redcrab on Wed Mar 27, 2013 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Redcrab, on 30401 the furnaces don't work...

SinbadShalazar

by SinbadShalazar » Post

Saw REDCRAB on for the first time! I spoke to him. Image

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

SinbadShalazar wrote:Saw REDCRAB on for the first time! I spoke to him.
That's an automatic message :P

Immanuel_Kant

by Immanuel_Kant » Post

HAHA

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:Has anyone else had problems connecting to the server? Or has the world just gotten to be to much of a load for my laptop?
Its been slow to connect for me also.

SinbadShalazar

by SinbadShalazar » Post

Noog is building a new house. It's probably the biggest house on the whole server. I am helping Image

GermanGuy

by GermanGuy » Post

SinbadShalazar wrote:Noog is building a new house. It's probably the biggest house on the whole server. I am helping Image
Where?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

legendofexodia wrote: I have been wrongfully accused of harassing someone when I have not done so.
Your behaviour was perceived by Sweet_Caboo as harassing. It may not have been intended to be so on your part, and other people may never have perceived it that way.

I wish we had a command on this server to send private messages. That way, it would be possible to tell another player if one has a problem with that players behaviour. Talking about that in front of all the other players (=in public) is usually offensive but sometimes can't be avoided :-(

Some new players seem to be very young. I don't know if the chat is safe for children of all ages - or even if it ought to be. What is ok for one child might be frightening for another one. Insults and swearing may tell more about the person telling them than anything else, yet to some very limited degree they are natural and some of the slight errors people sometimes do.

The server ought to be large enough for children as well. I've seen some great impressive buildings done by 12 years olds!
A list of my mods can be found here.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

I agree very much with sokomine this server should be safer for the younger players even though sometimes it may seem that it is harmless teasing but it is actual hurting the person. I've almost left this server recently because of some od the things sadow night has said I agree that should be personal messages.