Redcrab's server

eurito100
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:36

by eurito100 » Thu May 09, 2013 20:52

MasterChief wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
aldobr wrote:Oh nice, how just he is, he will leave an argument on the thread and then decide (for me) that i will respond the argument via pm's...

hahahaha

Guy, go on with your life because you already took too much time from mine. 5min i spent with you is too much.

Just. Stop. Arguing. Your just provoking people with that. Why are there so many arguments? I'm sick of hearing people bickering about something every other day on the forum thread. >:(

Wow EG seriously?Lol try going to my school then you wont survive a single day in my class :D
MasterChief same here at my school
 

dakings
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 23:13

by dakings » Thu May 09, 2013 21:06

i would stop arguing but people keep lying about me on the game so.
 

User avatar
lor599
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:58
Location: United States

by lor599 » Thu May 09, 2013 21:38

Hey Guys it's me again:) I got a screenshot of part of the ski resort made by Evergreen and I (The image does not show the whole ski resort)
Image
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 01:16

I hate my computer. only working computer now is mac ppc and impossible to build minetest.
Last edited by ch98 on Fri May 10, 2013 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

eurito100
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:36

by eurito100 » Fri May 10, 2013 01:26

lor599 wrote:Hey Guys it's me again:) I got a screenshot of part of the ski resort made by Evergreen and I (The image does not show the whole ski resort)
Image
is that ILikeToPoop all the way over there lol
 

User avatar
aldobr
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Fri May 10, 2013 01:47

If you feel so threatened by argument then you are too imature.

Expecting everyone to simply agree out of nowhere is childish. Unfortunately people dont understand what democracy is all about.

Argumenting and discussing are not sins, dispite what your mother said. People do discuss and do disagree. Because we are all different.

VanessaE intervention was opressive. She fears debate because she is still in the "lets all be equal by not discussing difference" mentality.

I cannot expect more than that, i understand this social process perfectly, be the social, economic or psychological implications.

People are repressed, they are told not to discuss, because its easier to guide a civilization made out of sheeps...
 

eurito100
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:36

by eurito100 » Fri May 10, 2013 02:50

aldobr wrote:If you feel so threatened by argument then you are too imature.

Expecting everyone to simply agree out of nowhere is childish. Unfortunately people dont understand what democracy is all about.

Argumenting and discussing are not sins, dispite what your mother said. People do discuss and do disagree. Because we are all different.

VanessaE intervention was opressive. She fears debate because she is still in the "lets all be equal by not discussing difference" mentality.

I cannot expect more than that, i understand this social process perfectly, be the social, economic or psychological implications.

People are repressed, they are told not to discuss, because its easier to guide a civilization made out of sheeps...
i dont want to get really into this but i agree with u aldobr
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 03:11

eurito100 wrote:
aldobr wrote:If you feel so threatened by argument then you are too imature.

Expecting everyone to simply agree out of nowhere is childish. Unfortunately people dont understand what democracy is all about.

Argumenting and discussing are not sins, dispite what your mother said. People do discuss and do disagree. Because we are all different.

VanessaE intervention was opressive. She fears debate because she is still in the "lets all be equal by not discussing difference" mentality.

I cannot expect more than that, i understand this social process perfectly, be the social, economic or psychological implications.

People are repressed, they are told not to discuss, because its easier to guide a civilization made out of sheeps...
i dont want to get really into this but i agree with u aldobr

me too. But show me the evidence!
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 03:14

VanessaE wrote:This isn't "the redcrab board". This is a single thread on the Minetest forums that happens to be dedicated to Redcrab's server.

TAKE THE ARGUMENT OFF OF HERE. PERIOD.

So you think this thread is too long? I believe this kind of argument was on this thread many times but i don't think anyone complained.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 03:21

Sokomine wrote:Some players are especially concerned about cuss words and vulgar language as such. I don't see a way to forbid that on the server (it is each persons choice how to talk), but I do personally prefer to have not too much of that around because that's not the way I want to talk and interact with others. Some players may react heavily exaggerated to that form of language on the server (yes, it is only language, what is far more important is the behaviour and how you really think about your fellow humans), but are you not above that and can be polite to them because they're young children brought up that way? And at the same time, the server does not always have to be purely child-friendly. Please just try to consider the feelings of your fellow players, all of you. After all, this is supposed to be fun!

Maybe a family friendly mode that turns anything in unfriendly language list in to random symbol (like !^%#%) when turned on. or delete any lines with that words on it.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

SinbadShalazar
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 07:25

by SinbadShalazar » Fri May 10, 2013 03:59

OK I am having some serious problems here. There is this NUTCASE on the server named albobr and he is being a total butt. I dislike when people curse on the server. I don't like it. I don't want to see it. (there are others besides me, not to mention KIDS on the server) He was asked to STOP CUSSING and he totally flipped. He has been starting all these stupid debates about religion over a simple request and making everyone on the server miserable. He is argumentative and hostile. Everyone has been feeling uncomfortable since he joined because we used to be SUCH A PEACEFUL COMMUNITY with no problems. WHAT THE HECK?! Is it going to kill you to stop cussing for the sake of someone who is uncomfortable with it? Are you going to die?? NO! Why in the WORLD someone would start debating over a thing like this is beyond me. Perhaps a lonely, miserable soul with too much time on his hands just dying to create chaos in this world. Beyond disgusting.
Last edited by SinbadShalazar on Fri May 10, 2013 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
aldobr
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Fri May 10, 2013 04:31

Well, let me explain the whole problem :

I play this server for some time, and i have a whole city in the server.
The server used to be played by adults.
Now there are minors playing the server, and this makes the whole thing problematic.

I HAVE to ask Redcrab :

Is this server intended to be played by minors ?
Are you sure you want to be responsible for the well being of all minors who you allow to play on your server ? because i dont want to be responsible for ANY minor i encounter on your server.

So if you say the server is intended for minors, i will quit. I dont want to be responsible for the children of others and thats what happen when minors are involved : the adults become responsible for they.

Another issue :

There's a group of players (lead by noogah) who entered the server recently. He ORDERED ME to stop cussing. He ORDERED another player to use ANOTHER nickname.

He is GIVING ORDERS. The server is not being used by old players (for example Cumetah or Ade) and new people are trying to take over the server and impose rules.

So i am asking the server owner,

is cussing dissallowed in this server ?
are minors allowed ?
are you sure you want to be responsible for minors in the server ?

this is a very important thing to decide redcrab...
Last edited by aldobr on Fri May 10, 2013 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
 

Hiccup
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 04:22

by Hiccup » Fri May 10, 2013 04:33

I would like to report aldobr. Tonight on the server he was unspeakably rude, and his language was horrid.

In addition, he advised me to commit suicide, and I just don't think this is appropriate behavior. A lot of people were upset, and asking him to stop, but he refused, insisting that they were simply trying to take over the server.

A lot of people logged off, too.

Mods, can you PLEASE take a look?

Image
 

User avatar
aldobr
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Fri May 10, 2013 04:35

Ah hiccup, the old trick :

Copy and past only what incriminate others in a discussion, not what incriminates you and your team, right ?

this is a shame, i will leave the server permanently and my whole city.

In addition, he advised me to commit suicide,


This is so low !!! I was being IRONIC about his drama, now he tries to make it looks like i was really advising him to suicide...

Other older players done the same when they learned of the newcomers...

a shame. I did a lot of work in humble city... now all the work is robbed from me by a bunch of newcomers with "connections"...

You all should be very PROUD of this, you robbed me my city and everything i dilligently built there.

Be very proud hiccup ! Be very proud of what you did...

Redcrab, can you ban me ? I dont want to come back.
Last edited by aldobr on Fri May 10, 2013 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
 

Noogah
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 06:34

by Noogah » Fri May 10, 2013 04:39

aldobr wrote:Ah hiccup, the old trick :

Copy and past only what incriminate others in a discussion, not what incriminates you and your team, right ?

this is a shame, i will leave the server permanently and my whole city.

Other older players done the same when they learned of the newcomers...

a shame. I did a lot of work in humble city...


Aldobr, you know I have apologized for my bossiness and any rude behavior I might have done.

I don't want to take over your server.

I don't want to repress you.

I didn't try to order you around, though I may have done it, and again I am sorry for it.

But let me tell you two things:

1. I don't have a group. I never asked anybody to join me. Like you know, I mostly told people to please stay out of it.
2. I can't order you around - but I am just saying, I think it would make a lot of people happy if you wouldn't cuss when they are around.

Of course I am not ordering you not to cuss, I am not saying you have to - but I am saying it would be nice for some of us. Like when Sinbad is on.

I don't think it will make the game much less fun. You will still be able to build your town, and talk, and have fun, even if you don't swear for an hour.
Last edited by Noogah on Fri May 10, 2013 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 04:43

I don't think my family friendly mode is that hard to make as a mod. I would like to make it but I just don't have a working computer.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

User avatar
aldobr
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Fri May 10, 2013 04:44

Noogah, the server is not mine, i just happen to play there.

I was suposing the server was played by adults, so i cussed

Now i know there are minors there, i am sorry, was not intending to do this.

But, this opens up a whole new can of worms that i dont want to touch with a 10m stick.

There are minors playing the server, so redcrab should make this clear in the 1st post. I dont want to play with minors (and become responsible for whatever happen to them there).

so i will simply quit this server.
 

ch98
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 06:14

by ch98 » Fri May 10, 2013 04:48

aldobr wrote:Noogah, the server is not mine, i just happen to play there.

I was suposing the server was played by adults, so i cussed

Now i know there are minors there, i am sorry, was not intending to do this.

But, this opens up a whole new can of worms that i dont want to touch with a 10m stick.

There are minors playing the server, so redcrab should make this clear in the 1st post. I dont want to play with minors (and become responsible for whatever happen to them there).

so i will simply quit this server.

I believe there is more minors playing this game than adults so it will be hard to find adult only server with fairly good population. Also, stop acting like a child. If you want to leave, just leave and stop complaining about obvious things.
Last edited by ch98 on Fri May 10, 2013 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.
 

Noogah
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 06:34

by Noogah » Fri May 10, 2013 04:49

aldobr wrote:Noogah, the server is not mine, i just happen to play there.

I was suposing the server was played by adults, so i cussed

Now i know there are minors there, i am sorry, was not intending to do this.

But, this opens up a whole new can of worms that i dont want to touch with a 10m stick.

There are minors playing the server, so redcrab should make this clear in the 1st post. I dont want to play with minors (and become responsible for whatever happen to them there).

so i will simply quit this server.


Well, I don't think you have to aldobr. Why don't you sleep on it?

The thing is, minors like Sinbad and I have played on this server for a long time. No trouble usually happens. Sometimes somebody cusses, and we ask him not too, but that's usually it.

At least, why don't you try playing for a little while, and see if it doesn't work it out? I really think it will, and I think you will be able to have just as much fun as you used to.
Last edited by Noogah on Fri May 10, 2013 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
aldobr
Member
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Fri May 10, 2013 05:03

noogah, do you understand that minors are a obstacle ?

i simply dont want to be responsible for minors !

"who made the child take care of it"

i have no child, why should i act with "gloves on" and watch language and etc (i dont even usually cuss, i just hapened to cuss when someone left a trap in my cave - two blocks of mese with lava below, intentional trap) to be "perfectly legal".

Imagine you are in a music show, there are minors there, you topple over a rock and hurt your toe. You cant cuss, because there are minors. But why there are minors there in the first place ? who let them in ? who is responsible for them ?

I will tell you, legally, any adult present is responsible for the minors, and i simply DONT WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE !

So the only solution : Redcrab disallows minors in the server (And place a big warning at the entrance !) or Redcrab allows minors (And place a big warning at the entrance !).

In case minors are allowed, i quit !
 

Noogah
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 06:34

by Noogah » Fri May 10, 2013 05:21

But aldobr, you don't have to babysit anybody. Nobody I know on this game is a five year old, they are just below eighteen.

A lot of people below eighteen don't care about cussing anyways.

It isn't about the fact that they are minors -

I don't think not cussing on certain occasions constitutes responsibility for minors, and I don't think it's that hard. I really think you should just give it a try. I don't think it will be as hard as you think it will. There's no harm in trying.

But you are allowed to do whatever you want. Just giving you my honest opinion.
 

User avatar
cactuz_pl
Member
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 16:34
Location: Poland

by cactuz_pl » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27

True there are minors (I think they are in the majority), and they are allowed. But even adults doesn't like to be called "stupid" or "retard".

Aldobr if you want to quit this server just do this.

Please stop spamming this topic. Ignore your "opponents", be smarter.

"Speech is silver, silence is golden."


One group (or just one player) always will try to attract attention. Try not to get caught up in this. Do not respond to their taunts.
Nope
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4473
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Fri May 10, 2013 10:53

cactuz, thanks for speaking up on this.

aldobr, calling my intervention oppressive? This forum's rules, the link for which is at the top of every forum page, demand that you "act suitably like on any other forum", and prohibit "spam" and "flooding". Your actions and those of the folks fighting with you in a public forum are in violation of those rules.

I chose not to ban the lot of you because I had hoped you could come to an orderly solution. Maybe I was wrong. This is your final warning to stop the fighting or TAKE IT OFF OF THIS FORUM.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

neron
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 20:22

by neron » Fri May 10, 2013 15:32

My in-game name is cowboy and I would like to report aldobr and ILikeToP---
Both of them have cussed unnecessarily.
 

webinc
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 14:46

by webinc » Fri May 10, 2013 17:33

webinc wrote:i have a protected area from (272,-40,2882) to (283,78,2894) and would like to expand it downwards in order to build a tunnel to "hell".
if it is possible i would like to protect (272,-30000,2882) to (284,150,2894).
thanks.


please someone... i`m still waiting for a response for this
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests