Redcrab's server

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Neuro wrote:cactuz i have something to discuss with your in private, i will email you so we can discuss it. it has to do with the greifing situation going on
I think "greifing situation" is solved now, but if you have something to tell me, write boldly.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Mon Dec 17, 2012 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Michael Eh? wrote: One question does protection prevent griefing/vandalism or simply log it?

I think this dicussion deserves it's own thread.

As far as I feel ... gruadated privs, graduated punishment. Do well, gain privs. Act like a jerk, lose privs. If privs is just interact/build there is nothing to gain, all to lose. However, if doing good gains let's say 'fly' privledge. Those grounded would act accordingly so they can gain the same priv. If bad actions means losing 'fly' priv, they would do anything to keep it.

However, how do you prove the burden of guilt? Maybe couple of players have an axe to grind or just fill spiteful or 'because they can' they 'frame' an user. I certainly saw that on Gameboom and was targetted by users after I kicked them out for griefing a town project because the admin would do squat.

there has to be a mechanism for complaints but also for the accuse to defend themselves.
1. Protection prevents vandalism. 'Rollback' is logging all actions, so I can check who did damages, and revert them.
2. Players without 'privs' ('interact') still can kill other players and spam chat (it is possible to cover the entire screen with text). Banning is blocking player by nick and his IP so he can't use another account, unless he has dynamic IP.

Edit:
1. There is still a lot of unprotected places like roads, older buildings etc. Some players just don't want protect his lands, their land their decision, but the lack of protection does not allow the destruction of, leave like open car don't allow to steal it.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Mon Dec 17, 2012 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:About irksomeduck and Obiewan1111:

I agree, rules should be posted in the first post.

But tell me how we should treat players who destroy other people's work?
With respect? That they have not proved to us, destroying the fruits of our labor?

Q: Why permanent ban? Why not temporary ban?
A: Because If someone greif once, he will greif again. Especially if they do it on the first day. How we can trust them?

Example: Randy, a few posts ago. That was second time when he greif. I gave him a second chance, you can see what he did with it.
Some players do not know how to properly maintain, and we do not want such.

Imagine this world without no node-protection and and banning players for 3 days.
All buildings would be greifed, greifers would felt that with impunity.
If you cant, imagine real word without police and prisons, all thieves and murderers walk the streets with impunity, do you want to live in such a world? I do not and I think that no one would want to. That's why we need strict laws.
Honest players should feel safe, greifers shouldn't.

Small/big greif, where is the boundary?
I my opinion greif is greif. (Except situation where some one broke 2-3 blocks, this could be greif by mistake).
I understand how you feel about this. And I am truly sorry for my actions, and if possible, I would replace everything I greifed. I now understand similarities to these actions, such as a real-life scenarios to my actions and I really see why it was wrong. Hopefully, you do not see me as a permanent greifer, as these greifs were not meant to annoy/hurt, if you get to know me, you shall see that I am a honest, kind and caring person inside. If you really are a good person, can you give me a second chance? And this time.. I won't touch anyone's build without their permission to do so, as it says in the rules.

Thank you,

Obiewan1111
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Obiewan1111 wrote:
Obiewan1111 wrote: I understand how you feel about this. And I am truly sorry for my actions, and if possible, I would replace everything I greifed. I now understand similarities to these actions, such as a real-life scenarios to my actions and I really see why it was wrong. Hopefully, you do not see me as a permanent greifer, as these greifs were not meant to annoy/hurt, if you get to know me, you shall see that I am a honest, kind and caring person inside. If you really are a good person, can you give me a second chance? And this time.. I won't touch anyone's build without their permission to do so, as it says in the rules.

Thank you,

Obiewan1111
As I said earlier, I'm not going to unban you. Only redcrab can decide otherwise.

If I did, I showed that other greifers can come back too. And we would come back to the starting point.

"Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

Moreover, that would be not fair to honest players, because greifers would be treated like good players.

Redcrab: Please if you agree with "No mercy law" please post it in the first post, if not please post here what your position on this issue. Thanks.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Mon Dec 17, 2012 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
Obiewan1111 wrote:
Obiewan1111 wrote: I understand how you feel about this. And I am truly sorry for my actions, and if possible, I would replace everything I greifed. I now understand similarities to these actions, such as a real-life scenarios to my actions and I really see why it was wrong. Hopefully, you do not see me as a permanent greifer, as these greifs were not meant to annoy/hurt, if you get to know me, you shall see that I am a honest, kind and caring person inside. If you really are a good person, can you give me a second chance? And this time.. I won't touch anyone's build without their permission to do so, as it says in the rules.

Thank you,

Obiewan1111
As I said earlier, I'm not going to unban you. Only redcrab can decide otherwise.

If I did, I showed that other greifers can come back too. And we would come back to the starting point.

"Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

Moreover, that would be not fair to honest players, because greifers would be treated like good players.

Redcrab: Please if you agree with "No mercy law" please post it in the first post, if not please post here what your position on this issue. Thanks.
My actions weren't intentional greifs, and I shouldn't be classed as a "greifer", because I am truly sorry for the actions, and I know that they were wrong, but an honest player which I am to heart. You gave other people second chances, but not me, and this second chance won't be taken advantage of (If I'm given it).

So please...

Thank you,

Obiewan1111

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Obiewan1111, do you not know how to read. It doesn't matter right now how you think it is. Cactuz just clearly said, that he will NOT unban you. Please stop taking up whole pages with trying to convince cactuz that you should be unbanned.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Post

That is slowly approaching the stage where it feels as spam. Obiewan1111, Cactuz didn't give anyone second chances. The persons before that got it easy on a technicality, since the law should't be applicable to the things that happened before it was accepted.
Now what have you done? You just logged on the server and looted the first house you've seen? How come you say you are not an 'intentional griefer'?
You have registered and got privs on multiple servers, why it is so important for you to be unbanned here if you didn't even build anything yet?

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Cume, this is spam, or rather trolling. Like a little child asking his parents for something after they've said no 20 times.
Last edited by davidpace on Mon Dec 17, 2012 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Josh

by Josh » Post

Cumehtar wrote:
Josh wrote:Cactuz_Pl, If you can add ceratin skins for players, can you make this my skin?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102401091/SamFisher.png
What is your nick in game, Josh?
My ingame name is Josh :)

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

yea this is becoming quite annoying coming to the forum just to see another banned player saying "please give me my privs back i wont do it again," the answer is no and will always be no UNLESS REDCRAB SAYS OTHERWISE which it doesnt seem like hes saying anything any time soon
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

i need protection for -454,-120,-1561~-427,-150,-1606

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

um cactuz, i was on my way to slender's area and i noticed that where i usually go to get of the walkway the land was changed drastically, not in a way that a player could pull of easily

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

someone greifed the lights and stairs in the tunnel to DC

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
Leroy wrote:Cactuz_PL, I think its time for my privs now!
Nope.
cactuz_pl wrote:Your privs are revoked for 10 days (to December 17, remind me here then).
This post
Just give back the PRIVS!!! Today's Dec 17

Hehe.
UBUNTU BRO!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Hey Neuro, ever heard of this neat little button called "edit"? It's really useful to prevent unneeded spam.

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

ssrock64 wrote:Finished the structure of my sky mansion at long last. It sits at +1000 near spawn. No furniture yet, but I'm getting there.
I'm working on a highway at +1k so you may have some company up there in the next few days. Let me know if you want to road to run to your house.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Have fun with your corrupt rules! :D

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Corrupt rules? xD

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

davidpace wrote:Corrupt rules? xD
Oh yeah.. Thanks for reminding me, this server doesn't state any rules.
redcrab wrote:The first post
Last edited by Obiewan1111 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Even if they don't. You should have some sense to realize how people are getting BANNED for griefing. Before you even Started playing.

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

davidpace wrote:Hey Neuro, ever heard of this neat little button called "edit"? It's really useful to prevent unneeded spam.
yea i should have for the greifing stuff

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

davidpace wrote:Even if they don't. You should have some sense to realize how people are getting BANNED for griefing. Before you even Started playing.
Yup. I should've had some sense to realise, that the only rule to play on this server, is that you have to chore through 120+ pages of countless un-needed bans... Stupid me.. >.>

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

No, just the 118th page, where neuro reported someone for griefing, 118th is where you requested privs. His post was practically right above yours! And un-needed? We need to get rid of griefers. You don't realize this because you had just joined. But the server was practically under attack of griefers before redcrab enabled rollback!

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

Comeon Obiewan, we dont know all the rules of the society we live in, yet, we magically obey most of them. How ?

Because the rules are natural !

You dont need a law stating that you should not kill someone else because you already know that this is a big no no...

Here in my country if the accused can prove that he did not know the law he gains a 1/3 discount on his sentence. Yet, he is still encarcerated for 2/3 of the sentence.

And we have (in theory) a pretty much scientificist law system (other countries follow the common law where the law is interpreted in other forms).

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

You dont need a law stating that you should not kill someone else because you already know that this is a big no no...
Read up on what I did before you start commenting. P.S I destroyed a few panes of glass.

Let's just say, this is a real life scenario:

I steal a window, and get capital punishment. FAIR!