Redcrab's server

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Recently, redcrab did read my PM to him concerning the updating of this server, but no further action has been done. He is proving to be one of the greatest mysteries of Minetest, as we don't see him much. Of course, the reading of my PM to him is very significant, for it shows that he has not forgotten about this game.

dungeonmaster

by dungeonmaster » Post

there is how to make a door of wood im minetest 0.3.1?i tried,bud not worked

dungeonmaster

by dungeonmaster » Post

Topywo wrote:
dungeonmaster wrote:there is an mob who is a ghost,who is the name of him?
An Oerkki? Shouldn't be on redcrab :-)
wrong,i found TWO oerkkis at the same time

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Inocudom wrote: Recently, redcrab did read my PM to him concerning the updating of this server, but no further action has been done. He is proving to be one of the greatest mysteries of Minetest, as we don't see him much. Of course, the reading of my PM to him is very significant, for it shows that he has not forgotten about this game.
That's good to hear! Hope he'll reply to my PNs/mails as well. I really could use better rollback_check options on his server. And more moderators would be good as well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

I found some some screenshots of our old spawn by RadnomBot on google :D

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

If cyan wool starts to look like an unkown block to you, downgrade your client. Very recent builds may have trouble digging that wool as well. The bug only occours with the very latest build (a day ago or so) and is related to the extension for servers with many nodes. Older clients have no such problems.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Sokomine wrote:If cyan wool starts to look like an unkown block to you, downgrade your client. Very recent builds may have trouble digging that wool as well. The bug only occours with the very latest build (a day ago or so) and is related to the extension for servers with many nodes. Older clients have no such problems.
well, this server is getting old too...
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

ch98 wrote:
Sokomine wrote:If cyan wool starts to look like an unkown block to you, downgrade your client. Very recent builds may have trouble digging that wool as well. The bug only occours with the very latest build (a day ago or so) and is related to the extension for servers with many nodes. Older clients have no such problems.
What do you mean?

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

At around 7:00 am PST I could not log on to the server, it said, "can't resolve address"
My username tells almost everything about me.

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

BAGPIPE wrote:At around 7:00 am PST I could not log on to the server, it said, "can't resolve address"
That's a DNS error. Put 174.129.196.242 in the address line instead of the usual redcrab.suret.net and it should work fine.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

dungeonmaster wrote:
Topywo wrote:
dungeonmaster wrote:there is an mob who is a ghost,who is the name of him?
An Oerkki? Shouldn't be on redcrab :-)
wrong,i found TWO oerkkis at the same time
Those guys haven't been around since the 0.3.1 days
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Future of Lemoux City

Today I had a little discussion with Sokomine about the future of Lemoux city and we agreed on asking the community about what we can do.
What shall we do with Lemouy City? Lemoux City is one of the first cities on this server and was extremely damaged by the "Mapgen Bug" last year. Currently its look is bad: Broken walls and deep holes etc.
But how should Lemoux look in the future? Shall we try to rebuild it? Or maybe create some kind of museum out of it? Do you have your own ideas?
Currently its land is owned by Neuro, but he doesn't seem to be very active. He's the one who wanted to rebuild the city, but he never finished it... What do you want? Please post your opinion!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The railroad has progressed a lot in recent days. At spawn, it stops where it hits Lemoux area. Neuro gave me rights to the area so that I can give them to those people who build the railroad. Neuros request was to let it stay underground (below Lemoux city) or even turn around so that he can rebuild the marketplace.

At spawn/Lemoux city, the railroad could indeed stay underground and have a nice railway station there. It would be nice if the western tunnel could somehow be included/connected to it.

The current situation with Lemoux city is that it has been partly restored by Neuro. He doesn't seem to be online much anymore. The restauration seems true to the original, but...and there the problem starts...the original may not have been the most...advanced town on the server to begin with (it is a rather old one where cobble is the predominant building material). Lemoux city is not bad - it is just that the town may profit from beeing partly "decayed"/in ruins. It does look like a very ancient town, and those are not in their best condition nowerdays. An excarvation where part of the town has been restored, part not yet digged up, part is in ruins - that might be a much better choice than rebuilding it entirely. With signs explaining to tourists what is/was what, and what has been found :-) This will require excellent building skills because it can't be as random as the mapgen griefing.

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Hello,
yop, rebuild Lemoux and maybe Papyrus town?
I can help.
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Great! Hope the project will be agreed upon.

Papyrus town is also not that great currently. Maybe it could be revived.

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Hello,
what happened in Pyrite's police station? :O
There are S.W.A.T. and fire fighters.
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

(muhehe)

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

AM makes minetest tell stories :D

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Ok, here's a first suggestion for Lemoux city:

Let's replace these silly tunnels in Tunnel district with a nice station for Smoki's railroad?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AspireMint wrote: what happened in Pyrite's police station? :O
Investigation is going on. As the police station is understaffed and all the paper burned down, this may take a while, but the culprit will be found.
webdesigner97 wrote: Ok, here's a first suggestion for Lemoux city:
Let's replace these silly tunnels in Tunnel district with a nice station for Smoki's railroad?
Some of the tunnels did at least in the past lead somewhere. Most of these places are not frequented much anymore and do not have that many great buildings. Perhaps some of the tunnels could lead to the underground station? If we remove that strange glass cover where the line currently hits the Lemoux area, we might even have two parallel tracks. Might be helpful for a large station such as spawn ought to be.

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

AspireMint wrote:Hello,
what happened in Pyrite's police station? :O
That's great!

ch98

by ch98 » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
ch98 wrote:
What do you mean?
I mean that this server may need a newer version of minetest and mods updated soon. maybe start testing newer version with 30402 server.
Last edited by ch98 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Not waiting for the bureaucracy anymore ;)

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Thanks to AspireMint, the tunnel and the railroad could be continued!

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

What is the over all plan for where the railroad is going?