Redcrab's server

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I recommend you keep +/- 6000 by pasting to a world edit file.

Remake game, place player files, auth, and edit seed to match current seed. paste worldedit files in.

Those that build over +/- obviously do not want their creations to be seen, so... good riddance.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

rubenwardy wrote:I recommend you keep +/- 6000 by pasting to a world edit file.

Remake game, place player files, auth, and edit seed to match current seed. paste worldedit files in.

Those that build over +/- obviously do not want their creations to be seen, so... good riddance.
I agree.
Back from the dead!

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

rubenwardy wrote:I recommend you keep +/- 6000 by pasting to a world edit file.

Not true at all. Being so quick to dismiss the creations of others we may as well lump you in with the griefers.

There's a number of purposes for building far away, not least of which is to have room to expand a large project without someone else coming in too close with their own structures and ruining your plans. And what would be the point of making a an ancient-ruins like area within easy access, kinda spoils the whole "lost history" feel.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Ruins on a server do not really work. You'd never know if it was the mapgen bug, an unfinished building, a building hit by a griefer, or just a very unskilled builder.

Even +/- 6000 would imply a very large amount of space. What I saved of the map is mostly supferficial. Where structures or sneak elevators where visible, I tried to use them, but that may not cover everything.

Updated 2d map (with Erthomes area and some more parts in the north): here.
A list of my mods can be found here.

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Help! There's a greifer online right now. He's killing everyone, stealing travelnets and ruining coffeecrafters racetrack.

What shall I do!

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Right the griefer yesterday was called found their house. Seems to have been on the server for a long time. Maybe this is the one and only griefer on this server?
Last edited by CraigyDavi on Fri Sep 27, 2013 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:Right the griefer yesterday was called XFrice_SauceX1 found their house. Seems to have been on the server for a long time. Maybe this is the one and only griefer on this server?
There have been many griefers on this server..
UBUNTU BRO!

eurito100

by eurito100 » Post

Hey this is Reverand here and i just want to say that I'm building this disco/club/lounge at my little city and once I'm done building it everyone will be allowed to enter it on the first day. But in order for me to build this disco/club/lounge so everyone can have fun i would need some donations if u would like. I will take any wool donations but what i really need is red and black wool. So anybody willing to donate for this project is welcome just drop off the donations off in front of my house in my small city. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Hello! I was wondering if anyone would like to buy my aircraft carrier on this server.
It is not completely finished but it wouldn't take very long to finish so either PM me or leave an offer here on the server forum.
:-)
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

jellyfish

by jellyfish » Post

What happened with furnaces?

jellyfish

by jellyfish » Post

They get back to work after server restart, nevermind.

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Has anyone noticed gravel blocks being created where the player is for no apparent reason?
I've been idling and I'm sure gravel blocks have appeared where I am (as though I placed them), even though I had no gravel in my inventory...
Also can the travel-net teleporters be modified so that only the owner can destroy them? So many really useful teleporters have gone. I've accidentally destroyed two when trying to clear blocks from in-front of them too, so maybe make them super-tough, so it take a few seconds digging with a good pick to destroy them?

cheers,
Rob

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

miner65536 wrote:Has anyone noticed gravel blocks being created where the player is for no apparent reason?
I've been idling and I'm sure gravel blocks have appeared where I am (as though I placed them), even though I had no gravel in my inventory...
Also can the travel-net teleporters be modified so that only the owner can destroy them? So many really useful teleporters have gone. I've accidentally destroyed two when trying to clear blocks from in-front of them too, so maybe make them super-tough, so it take a few seconds digging with a good pick to destroy them?

cheers,
Rob
The gravel and sand spawning everywhere is a bug on the server. It's caused when someone else on the server is digging that block and then some of it spawns near them. If you look at some old protected areas you might see that the building is completely full of sand or gravel. Only way to stop this is to stop people from digging sand or gravel.

On the version of the travelnet mod used on this server it is not possible for them to be protected and they can be taken by someone else. In the new version of travelnets they can only be destoyed by the owner and they are mush harder to dig using a steel pickaxe or better.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:
miner65536 wrote:Has anyone noticed gravel blocks being created where the player is for no apparent reason?

cheers,
Rob
The gravel and sand spawning everywhere is a bug on the server. It's caused when someone else on the server is digging that block and then some of it spawns near them. If you look at some old protected areas you might see that the building is completely full of sand or gravel. Only way to stop this is to stop people from digging sand or gravel.

On the version of the travelnet mod used on this server it is not possible for them to be protected and they can be taken by someone else. In the new version of travelnets they can only be destoyed by the owner and they are mush harder to dig using a steel pickaxe or better.
The sand/gravel thing was fixed a while back, the server just hasn't been updated.
Last edited by Evergreen on Tue Oct 01, 2013 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

ferdikristian

by ferdikristian » Post

Hi i would like to protect my area

name:ferdikristian
coordinates: from (15,-3000,2660)to(40,3000,2736)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Important: Please do report griefings again. The server had trouble with checking for griefers but does manage it now. That may not apply to very old griefings, but newer ones can be checked and the culprits can be relieved of their interact.
A list of my mods can be found here.

spspicknall

by spspicknall » Post

Sokomine, the corner coordinates for the protection slab I wanted are (-64, 0, 297) and (-62, 120, 285). One piece of it overlaps with an existing protection at about +50 or so, but we discussed yesterday how the building under that protection doesn't actually extend to the protection edges and how it's abandoned so expansion is nothing to worry about.
forgotmyname

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

hi i aave made an error i can not get my email sent to me i did not work

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Next time redcrab comes around, we might want to ask him to shut every other server of his and update minetest to newer version. I think that might solve some of the problem. also, he should upload the map somewhere (maybe ask someone to host an copy of redcrabs server for exploring updated every few days.) so there will be no worries of everything gone in an instant.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Worked for me yesterday, I used 0.4.4.

Would be good if he updated MT, and trimmed the map!

(Keeping the old mese, mind)
Last edited by rubenwardy on Wed Oct 09, 2013 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

What's the problem with the server? For me it virtually always connects and apart from being a bit sluggish at the LUA stuff it seems OK.
With the world stored in a sql database the size of the world surely can't be a real issue? Maybe if we make a donation maybe redcrab could get faster cores & more ram?

cheers,
Rob

Erthome
In-game: Erthome Azyaqux

by Erthome » Post

My Apologies, though I've been logging in to the server fairly regularly, I just logged in here for the first time in a while...Thank you Soko, AM, Cactuz and SFan for being so diligent about keeping some option open for us to preserve much of the WOrld in case Redcrab did not keep the Server going. Thank you also, Redcrab, wherever you are, for not letting the Domain expire and for all you've done to make and keep the server available to us.

I was quite happy when part of the map gen started working again, and SUPER happy when AM and Soko took the time and energy to explore the Erthome land grant so I could see a fairly complete above ground map again--it really helps. :-)

I just downloaded the 7zip file from your link SFan...unzipped it and launched minetest.exe but it did not open the application window right away...turned out to be AVAST antivirus holding it at launch to report that it isn't "prevalent" LMAO...okay AV guys that's going a bit far...Anyhow, even though folks have already done mapping I'm going to make a local copy for myself...maybe pickup the underground stuff too...

I am wondering if it includes fly mode and non-blocking modes to facilitate a more complete mapping of underground areas that have been isolated due to damaged travelnet booths...will give that a try...Is there a trick to using the recorder--like wait till the disk stops before moving? If I hit the '+' key to increase the viewing range will that force all chunks in range (or visible in range) to load? Is the recorder just always on, or is there a Toggle key?

For what it's worth I have unlimited bandwidth and storage at Godaddy if I can help with any of the ongoing efforts to keep things ticking...I DO NOT however have a dedicated server so I do not have full access to the Linux OS...that is to say I can not install binary executables, or run make files, and not all libraries are available--Basically I have a LAMP (Linus, Apache, MySQL, PHP5) platform. I'd love to help if I can.
Last edited by Erthome on Sat Oct 12, 2013 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

More questions...

1) Does (En/Dis)abling FOG affect the chunks loaded?

2) Does the recorder keep working when one exits to menu?

3) Does the recorder stop/slow if one sits still, as when waiting for extended views to load?

4) Is there any reason to use shaders, fancy trees, Smooth lighting, 3D clouds when recording? (apart from the aesthetics)

5) What happens when one uses the recorder client to edit a space? Foes it update the map? Does it start mapping all over again?

6) What happens when you revisit a space that has changed since last time you were there with the recorder on?
Last edited by Erthome on Sat Oct 12, 2013 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Erthome wrote:More questions...

1) Does (En/Dis)abling FOG affect the chunks loaded?

2) Does the recorder keep working when one exits to menu?

3) Does the recorder stop/slow if one sits still, as when waiting for extended views to load?

4) Is there any reason to use shaders, fancy trees, Smooth lighting, 3D clouds when recording? (apart from the aesthetics)

5) What happens when one uses the recorder client to edit a space? Foes it update the map? Does it start mapping all over again?

6) What happens when you revisit a space that has changed since last time you were there with the recorder on?
1) No

2) No

3) Yes and No, it simply writes every MapBlock it gets sent to the disk.

4) No

5) It will not record the changes except if you get far enough to make the server send you the MapBlock you edited again; see 1st; No

6) It will overwrite the old saved MapBlock
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Erthome

by Erthome » Post

THANK YOU SFan !

okay...First, answering a couple of my own questions...

7) No, Fly Mode (in Non Single-user Mode) is not enable in that one.

8) No, No-Clip Mode (in Non Single-user Mode) is not enabled.

9) No, no Recorder Mode Toggle (so far as I can tell)

SFan,

In 2) above I goofed--I meant to ask, Does the recorder keep working when you hit escape but DO NOT exit to the Menu or OS?

I ask this in conjunction with the question about using the plus Key to extend your minimum view range. What I am wondering is can one simply set the Min view range to say 1500 voxels/meters and stand still to recorder an area? And, if so, can we hit escape so we can go do other work in another window on the client computer while the client loads all the relevant chunks for the long-view display?
Last edited by Erthome on Sat Oct 12, 2013 17:04, edited 1 time in total.