Redcrab's server

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

Can i have my house back in yosamite, the one gary stole, i was allowed to build there
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

also i said i didnt want the train track going through lemoux city i said it would have to turn off to the right not stop under lemoux. i was restoreing it to its original form not add new things

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Neuro wrote:also i said i didnt want the train track going through lemoux city i said it would have to turn off to the right not stop under lemoux. i was restoreing it to its original form not add new things
Hmm, after months, the city still lays in ruins.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Neuro wrote: Can i have my house back in yosamite, the one gary stole, i was allowed to build there
Where can that house be found? Can you supply coordinates or a picture?
Neuro wrote: also i said i didnt want the train track going through lemoux city i said it would have to turn off to the right not stop under lemoux. i was restoreing it to its original form not add new things
You where very concerned about that (planned?) market area and did not want the rails go up there. They don't do that now. That they took the place of the original tunnel station is a bit unfortionate, but frankly, there wasn't really that much the tunnels connected to. Perhaps those that led to historic places could be restored and integrated into the new underground station?

The railroad is a huge project built by many players and in very good quality. It has many impressive bridges and tunnels along its path. I think it's well integrated.

It took quite some time for you to give permission to build the railroad through, Neuro, and it seems it took you equally long to realize that you don't like the result.
webdesigner97 wrote: Hmm, after months, the city still lays in ruins.
Perhaps that's best. It seems it used to be a town built mostly out of stonebricks. Some ruins actually add to the quality of the town.

Neuro: If you need any building materials for new projects, please tell.
A list of my mods can be found here.

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Neuro wrote: Can i have my house back in yosamite, the one gary stole, i was allowed to build there
Neuro wrote: also i said i didnt want the train track going through lemoux city i said it would have to turn off to the right not stop under lemoux. i was restoreing it to its original form not add new things
You where very concerned about that (planned?) market area and did not want the rails go up there. They don't do that now. That they took the place of the original tunnel station is a bit unfortionate, but frankly, there wasn't really that much the tunnels connected to. Perhaps those that led to historic places could be restored and integrated into the new underground station?

The railroad is a huge project built by many players and in very good quality. It has many impressive bridges and tunnels along its path. I think it's well integrated.

It took quite some time for you to give permission to build the railroad through, Neuro, and it seems it took you equally long to realize that you don't like the result.
Perhaps that's best. It seems it used to be a town built mostly out of stonebricks. Some ruins actually add to the quality of the town.

The old tunnels aren't desroyed. I just closed their ends with stone. With some patience it should be easy to find them again.

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
Sokomine wrote:

The old tunnels aren't desroyed. I just closed their ends with stone. With some patience it should be easy to find them again.
Thank you I would like that

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Neuro wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:
Sokomine wrote: Where can that house be found? Can you supply coordinates or a picture?

Thank you I would like that
Feel free to do so, I don't have the time to do it. But don't forget to respect the new railroad tunnel!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

It's always nice if the map gets improved. The tracks where a very nice addition. Perhaps someone can do a (short!) video about some of the ancient places the tunnels from the Lemoux station connected to?

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

Wow! Stuff is actually been happening these last few weeks, perhaps I may try to get on soon!
My username tells almost everything about me.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

BAGPIPE wrote:Wow! Stuff is actually been happening these last few weeks, perhaps I may try to get on soon!
Me too.
Back from the dead!

spspicknall

by spspicknall » Post

Hey, can I get a protect done on an area? I never seem to be online when Soko or anyone else with mod privs is.

The corner coords are (25412, 100, 17978) and (25326, -500, 17892); I understand that it's a fairly large area, but it's not in the middle of a city or anything. I trust that my reputation will show that it'll be put to good use. I already have a large project underway on the property, but I want it protected before moving forward since I've now linked it on a travelnet and it could potentially be found.

-Forgotmyname
forgotmyname

coffeecrafter

by coffeecrafter » Post

interesting building forgotmyname. looks like kind of a temple - hope you'll continue that stairway down to hell :D

another thing that amazes me a bit is the user luigi512
He behaves like a bot. He is moving slow into a specific direction (y=3) without walking animation. He uses noclip & fly and he is invincible.
I don't know if he's kind of a "drone" or something to discover the map or another server bug.

Does anyone know something about him?

coffeecrafter

by coffeecrafter » Post

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hope he isn't related to Herobrine ;-)

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

Last edited by CWz on Thu Jan 30, 2014 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
I am CWz on the following servers: VanessaE's servers. If you see CWz on server other then those then chances are it's a Fake. you can contact me on irc.freenode.net or by PM if you are not sure

t3tNU9hNyeSJxFOmM5fmtGxlfoJrcBCg

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

coffeecrafter wrote: another thing that amazes me a bit is the user luigi512
He behaves like a bot. He is moving slow into a specific direction (y=3) without walking animation. He uses noclip & fly and he is invincible.
I don't know if he's kind of a "drone" or something to discover the map or another server bug.
I've talked to the prime "suspect" today - and it appears that character belongs to rob65536, who indeed uses him as a drone to map out the server. It might be a more efficient way than the manual method I used (took me very long to get from the server what I got - it sends out map data via avion carrier...). Unfortionately, he does not save metadata yet, but he's working on it.

spspicknall/Forgotmyname:
I'm sorry, I didn't see you online while I was there. Perhaps we're there at diffrent times. Please send me a PN telling me when you have time to get online and your land protected.

Besides: this is a map of what I saved of Redcrabs server - with potential buildings highlighted.

Zafrell

by Zafrell » Post

The first time i logged into your server everything was fine. Now this is all i see, please help?Image

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Hi,
Yep I've been experimenting how to automatically map worlds & this was my first attempt, sorry if luigi512 freaked anyone out, i thought it would just appear as a very quiet miner ;) The video is great, explains how luigi was dead when i got home from work, i thought he'd drifted through some lava! It's really weird how the corpse floats though space... I never anticipated that!
Luigi512 has no server privs like noclip or anything, it's just the minetest client code setting the character position, which *seems* to work OK for sake of mapping with the redcrab server so far... I suspect on other servers or other server versions it might not work so well maybe?
The minetest client was scanning really slowly back & forth (actually scanning for 2048 blocks north-east, then 92blocks east, then 2048 south-west, then finally 92 blocks east. repeating this until the server reboots. This seems to get 100% coverage at the rate the redcrab server serves map blocks, this saves *alot* of manual walking around as Sokomine points out above!
I'll hold off on his great exploration until i can improve the saving code which at the moment only saves the nodes, so things like signs are empty etc... Once the metadata is saved i'll contribute what is scanned to Sokomines map too. Also i have no intention of trying to map all of redcrab, because apart fromt aking over a year this would force creation of too much extra world. My intended use was to just map areas of interest to use locally.
I'll try to produce a map of what i have already too, but its *alot* of images (1024 2048x2048 pngs)

cheers,
Rob

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

Here's a map of the central 14k x 14k of my redcrab grab. The map is a bit messy in places, this is because i had a map-gen switched on in the world that the grabbed data was imported into.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5bs5dw&s=8

full PNG:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nr9gkd
Last edited by miner65536 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

spspicknall

by spspicknall » Post

Sokomine, my schedule online is really not very reliable. I'll just hope to see you online sometime soon.
forgotmyname

miner65536

by miner65536 » Post

added a full map of the grabbed world here
http://gigapan.com/gigapans/149170
miner65536 wrote:Here's a map of the central 14k x 14k of my redcrab grab. The map is a bit messy in places, this is because i had a map-gen switched on in the world that the grabbed data was imported into.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5bs5dw&s=8

full PNG:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nr9gkd

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

Hey, I wanted to set something on your server (can't remember what), and it sent a new password to a email that isn't even mine! So, could you please give me the new password to my account please? Thanks. IGN is Rhys.

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

Rhys wrote:Hey, I wanted to set something on your server (can't remember what), and it sent a new password to a email that isn't even mine! So, could you please give me the new password to my account please? Thanks. IGN is Rhys.
You use /setemail user@domain.com

Then you should get an email telling you your new password. You use that password. Then you can change it back to your normal password.

coffeecrafter

by coffeecrafter » Post

for all who haven't been there yet: redcrab server has a new icehockey stadium, home of the Woodmill Redcrabs!

the stadium is the complex on the right side of the map (thanks to Rob for his great server map)

it's located at 15.000 north, 4.000 west and accessible from spawn (travelnet). The outer shape is a puck with a diameter of 100m and 33m in height. It can host up to 3130 spectators on 3033 normal seats, 81 VIP seats and 16 seats for reporters.

It's about 90% finished, so maybe worth a look ;)
Spoiler

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

coffeecrafter wrote:for all who haven't been there yet: redcrab server has a new icehockey stadium, home of the Woodmill Redcrabs!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14977331/00.png
the stadium is the complex on the right side of the map (thanks to Rob for his great server map)

it's located at 15.000 north, 4.000 west and accessible from spawn (travelnet). The outer shape is a puck with a diameter of 100m and 33m in height. It can host up to 3130 spectators on 3033 normal seats, 81 VIP seats and 16 seats for reporters.

It's about 90% finished, so maybe worth a look ;)
Spoiler
This looks so cool!