ANNOUNCE: "THE DIGITAL FARMS" Server

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE DIGITAL FARMS" Server

by redblade7 » Post

As of February 10, 2020, you will need to remove "THE DIGITAL FARMS" from your Favorites list and reconnect to it in the public list.

Changes today include:

1. Creative Gardens, Digital Farms, and Valleys are now united under the animine.org minetest network name! You can visit the official Web site at https://animine.org/ (not https at the moment, but will be soon). The servers now use "animine.org" rather than the old IP address. Use of the new domain instead of the IP also means that bans will be more accurate and effective due to support for both IPv4 and IPv6.

2. Online browseable maps! On the Web site https://animine.org/, click on the server name and click "online map" to browse the map in real time. The location of currently online players is also visible on the map. These maps can also assist you in finding new places to build.

3. New Digital Farms players start with 99 apples! A common complaint by new users is that they don't have a chance to learn to farm before they starve. Now new users get 99 free apples which is plenty to learn - no need for them to depend on Newbie Pond for food anymore!

4. Bad language filtering introduced on the servers. Users will be warned, then muted for 1 minute, then kicked. If there are any mistakes please let me (redblade7) know.

While the need to re-favorite is annoying, and the need for censorship is unfortunate (this was discussed yesterday), I hope you enjoy all of these changes and have lots of fun with them!

-redblade7

EDIT: If you accessed the site within a certain "unlucky 50 minutes" during 2/11/2020 you may have SSL issues when visiting the maps. If you have any problems, please contact me and I will tell you how to fix it in your browser.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

Digital Farms now has a new spawn area! Thanks to LDH for help in testing it.

As with Creative Gardens, which also got a new spawn area two days ago, from now on I will make a new spawn area every year.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

redblade7

by redblade7 » Post

CURRENCY ADDED TO DIGITAL FARMS!

LDH developed a Digital Farms Dollars mod which is now installed in the game!

* Craft 1 silver ingot into 100 20 $1 bills.
* $1 bills can be crafted into quarters, $5, $10, $20, and $100 bills.
* Use currency in your shops!

Also:

* New players now spawn with 20 $1 bills.
* Sign Shop now sells signs for $100 bills instead of gold blocks.

Enjoy!