[Server] LinuxWorks Next Generation (Lots of trains)

h-v-smacker

GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

Re: [Server] LinuxWorks Next Generation (Lots of trains)

by h-v-smacker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 07:26

orwell wrote:In this scheme, I omitted all of your lines, because I don't know what your plans with those are. But right, the Oasis track is missing, but that would belong to Smacker too (extension of SM1)
I could assist you if you should plan to operate your lines with interlocking too.

I built the mainline only to Personhood. What's farther oop North isn't "my" in any capacity.

Also I'd like to point out that the system notably lacks East-West mainlines. With few exceptions, we mostly have North-South tracks, and some diagonal chords. Which means that to get from one peripheral location to another, people would likely have to take a train through the center of the map and then change to another. Also it creates sort of a choke-point cluster in the center.
Last edited by h-v-smacker on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

orwell

In-game: orwell

by orwell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 07:42

Oh, then I misunderstood this. In this case, we'll probably extend E1 up there.
And yes, the inexistence of east-west mainlines is a long-persisting problem on the server. However, there are no interesting places yet right west of spawn, so we don't need them yet.

And has anyone else noticed that Euler Street is almost totally useless?
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

gpcf

In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Thu Jan 10, 2019 13:52

Orwell, I dislike you unilaterally declaring a network plan. That's what the Linuxworks Dept. of planning ( https://bugs.linux-forks.de/planning/ ) is for, so players can discuss the proposals.

Euler street is meant to serve trains to Melinka, Shanielle Park and Garden of Eden.

orwell

In-game: orwell

by orwell » Thu Jan 10, 2019 22:26

I`m sorry that this has led to misunderstandings. This plan reflects my personal opinion, and I didn`t mean to enforce my opinion on you. As I wrote Och_Noe today by e-mail, I put this in here for you to discuss, and not to "declare" it. I should have clarified this in the post. Sorry for that.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

Previous

Return to Servers