[Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: [Server] LinuxWorks Next Generation (Lots of trains)

by Festus1965 » Post

Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

h-v-smacker
GitHub: h-v-smacker
In-game: Smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

Strange things happen to me at Origin lately. The client just crashes.

The end of debug log:

Code: Select all

2020-02-10 22:16:01: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "door_steel.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-02-10 22:16:01: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "door_steel.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-02-10 22:16:01: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "down_sbahnblock.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-02-10 22:16:01: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "down_sbahnblock.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-02-10 22:16:03: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "xpanes_white.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-02-10 22:16:03: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "xpanes_white.png" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
2020-02-10 22:16:06: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: rail.png
2020-02-10 22:16:06: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: rail.png

And dmesg shows:

[524707.546767] traps: MeshUpdate[17135] general protection ip:58bba9 sp:7f61e91e3080 error:0
[524707.546774]  in minetest[400000+636000]
I'm currently supposed to be standing in front of Felfa's bicycle store in origin, and i crash at once when the client connects. I cannot even execute /home or press the home button to get out. I cannot play basically.
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

What version of minetest client are you using?

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

5.1.1-ppa0~ubuntu16.04.1

Tried with both intel and nvidia GPUs. No difference.

Sounds like https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/7015 to me...
Linux Forks, the Best Forks: linux-forks.de // Play @ LinuxWorks Next Generation

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

Hmm, looks really weird. Could it be caused by the large amount of bicycles in that area?

Should I try to tp you away from Origin?

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

gpcf wrote:Hmm, looks really weird. Could it be caused by the large amount of bicycles in that area?

Should I try to tp you away from Origin?
I don't know. My debug shows nothing useful. Maybe it's bikes. Maybe something else. But it looks like something which is a mesh. We have a lot of those actually. And if I found the exact bug report, then it's not even about quantity, but about quality. One broken mesh is enough.

If you can tp me in my absence, please do so. I cannot do anything myself, and I tried basically everything. There is no time to even ctrl+V a command.
Last edited by h-v-smacker on Mon Feb 10, 2020 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

I can try to tp you before you time out...

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

h-v-smacker:
Uee a win-32 client in wine or similar to try te get in and change position.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

h-v-smacker

by h-v-smacker » Post

Festus1965 wrote:h-v-smacker:
Uee a win-32 client in wine or similar to try te get in and change position.
Also an option, yes. Thank you for suggestion.

So far it appeared that it's indeed possible to teleport the player between the crash of his client and timeout.

Also I took another laptop, and didn't experience this issue (it has a different distro and intel gpu, but same client version).

gpcf

Re: [Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

by gpcf » Post

The problem has been reproduced by Luna-HD. I will ask him what hardware and os he is using.

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

Luna-HD is on OSX, seemingly with Nvidia graphics.

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

i think the wiki has a database issue:
Spoiler

[cc8761b868d6ea0230fb8603] /mediawiki/index.php/Technic Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1496 of /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A database query error has occurred. Did you forget to run your application's database schema updater after upgrading?
Query: SELECT page_id,page_len,page_is_redirect,page_latest,page_content_model,page_namespace,page_title FROM page WHERE (page_namespace = '1' AND page_title = 'Technic') OR (page_namespace = '4' AND page_title IN ('Privacy_policy','About','General_disclaimer') )
Function: LinkBatch::doQuery (for Skin::preloadExistence)
Error: 5 database is locked
Backtrace:

#0 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1466): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->makeQueryException(string, integer, string, string)
#1 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1226): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->reportQueryError(string, integer, string, string, boolean)
#2 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1693): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->query(string, string)
#3 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/cache/LinkBatch.php(213): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->select(string, array, string, string)
#4 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/cache/LinkBatch.php(141): LinkBatch->doQuery()
#5 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/cache/LinkBatch.php(130): LinkBatch->executeInto(LinkCache)
#6 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/skins/Skin.php(302): LinkBatch->execute()
#7 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/skins/Skin.php(163): Skin->preloadExistence()
#8 /usr/share/mediawiki/skins/Vector/includes/SkinVector.php(67): Skin->initPage(OutputPage)
#9 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(224): SkinVector->initPage(OutputPage)
#10 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2706): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#11 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(867): OutputPage->output(boolean)
#12 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(879): MediaWiki->{closure}()
#13 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(517): MediaWiki->main()
#14 /usr/share/mediawiki/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
#15 {main}
Edit: nevermind, fixed
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:i think the wiki has a database issue:
Spoiler

[cc8761b868d6ea0230fb8603] /mediawiki/index.php/Technic Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1496 of /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A database query error has occurred. Did you forget to run your application's database schema updater after upgrading?
Query: SELECT page_id,page_len,page_is_redirect,page_latest,page_content_model,page_namespace,page_title FROM page WHERE (page_namespace = '1' AND page_title = 'Technic') OR (page_namespace = '4' AND page_title IN ('Privacy_policy','About','General_disclaimer') )
Function: LinkBatch::doQuery (for Skin::preloadExistence)
Backtrace:

#0 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1466): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->makeQueryException(string, integer, string, string)
#1 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1226): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->reportQueryError(string, integer, string, string, boolean)
#2 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1693): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->query(string, string)
#3 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/cache/LinkBatch.php(213): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->select(string, array, string, string)
#4 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/cache/LinkBatch.php(141): LinkBatch->doQuery()
#5 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/cache/LinkBatch.php(130): LinkBatch->executeInto(LinkCache)
#6 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/skins/Skin.php(302): LinkBatch->execute()
#7 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/skins/Skin.php(163): Skin->preloadExistence()
#8 /usr/share/mediawiki/skins/Vector/includes/SkinVector.php(67): Skin->initPage(OutputPage)
#9 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(224): SkinVector->initPage(OutputPage)
#10 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2706): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#11 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(867): OutputPage->output(boolean)
#12 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(879): MediaWiki->{closure}()
#13 /usr/share/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(517): MediaWiki->main()
#14 /usr/share/mediawiki/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
#15 {main}
Edit: nevermind, fixed
For future reference: This happens when someone is currently saving a page on the wiki. The relevant line is:

MediaWiki doesn't handle the error very gracefully for whatever reason. Don't worry if you're trying to save a page. Your changes aren't lost, just hit F5 after a little while to attempt the save again.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

rubberduck
IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

My network access is a bit restricted right now, connecting via mobile only for 1-2 weeks and connecting to the server via mobile network is not the best Idea...
My game (not minetest): http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6800

my mods: gold_and_gem, meseconductors

a penguin throws an apple through a window

sometimes i change my "forum location" via user control panel

gpcf

Re: [Server] LinuxForks FREE TOILET PAPER Server

by gpcf » Post

We are nouw the Free Toilet Paper Server, in an attempt to use the coronavirus pandemic to attract more players.

Emojiminetest
GitHub: Emojigit

by Emojiminetest » Post

I banned on this server. It says the Expires is Fri 17 Jul 2020 11:46:34 AM CEST, but the time now is Sat 20 Jul 2020 06:22 HKT (Sat 20 Jul 2020 00:22 CEST), why I still can't enter the server?

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

it is currently june, not july.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Instability? email server unresponsive too?

by Blockhead » Post

The server seems to be unstable after the upgrade to 5.2. I was on at 16:30ish UTC today and it was empty, which is far from usual. The server crashed shortly after I joined then again 10ish minutes after that.

gpcf: this also came up in the advtrains thread but I sent mail from gmail to hemiptera recently and it never arrived. I suggest you investigate what hlqkj was talking about.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

gpcf

by gpcf » Post

The instability problems seem to be mostly solved, they were related to objects being accessed after being deleted. One of the mysterious "hard crash" segfault bugs also seems to have been solved, however, there's a second one I discovered through use of gdb.

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

gpcf wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 09:32
The instability problems seem to be mostly solved, they were related to objects being accessed after being deleted. One of the mysterious "hard crash" segfault bugs also seems to have been solved, however, there's a second one I discovered through use of gdb.
Was it by coincidence related to "the getyaw() trick"?
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

mary4
GitHub: sparky4
IRC: mary4
In-game: mary4

by mary4 » Post

I genuinely LOVE this server and the community! <3

qawsedrftgzh
GitHub: qawsedrftgzh

by qawsedrftgzh » Post

Yes this server has so a nice Minetest & Linux & Trains community, sad that there is no manual to build a railway system, if a manual exists please tell me (I don't mean interlocking)
My English is not so good, because I am german

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

qawsedrftgzh wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 16:43
Yes this server has so a nice Minetest & Linux & Trains community, sad that there is no manual to build a railway system, if a manual exists please tell me (I don't mean interlocking)
I see that someone should write a "How to set up a rail system using advtrains" page on WikiHow (no, I'm joking).

IMO "building a rail system" covers more than you might think, some of which may not be related to construction itself. Some of the factors to take into consideration include:
  • The purpose of the system (passenger and/or freight transportation)
  • Signaling (e.g. LuaATC and/or interlocking)
  • Construction quality
  • Signs and documentation (e.g. wiki, passenger information system)
  • Connection to existing tracks
  • Right of way (when building a rail line through someone else's area)
... I am not sure if these can be (easily) covered in a single manual.

qawsedrftgzh
GitHub: qawsedrftgzh

by qawsedrftgzh » Post

Thanks for your answer, I was now able to set up and Interlocking system with trains not crashing, I think now there is an good manual to make things like this but it needs to be translated, I think I’ll do this in near future! (To German)
My English is not so good, because I am german

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

For the basics, you might look at the advtrains wiki at https://advtrains.de/wiki . Our server wiki also has some good documentation (https://wiki.linux-forks.de/mediawiki/i ... Styleguide).

Otherwise, the best approach is probably "learning by doing". You can look at how the railway systems are made on the server and then try to build your own railway. If you have trouble, you can always ask other players for help.

There's also that ATC learning course at Spawn University.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...