[Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

by Blockhead » Post

56independent_actual wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:32
My server might end up in Spain so i've been looking at privacy policies so i don't go to prison as soon as it is sent online.

I'd like to inform you that forcing people to login to see the privacy policy and disclaimers ...
This is an unfortunate result of using a simple on/off switch in MediaWiki, which means that guests can't see any pages by default except the Main Page. I'm sure it was not not intentional. I'm sure it's not intentional because we've never actually populated those pages with anything, they're just there by default in MediaWiki (and if we had made them, I'm sure we wouldn't want to hide them from guests). Thank you for making us aware, but anyway the server has never really had a written privacy policy/disclaimer that I know of, anybody can just ask gabriel and I'm sure he'd delete their account, plus chat logs are not kept permanently.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

MineBrother
IRC: TestBoy
In-game: MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

Can You Please Unban Me Because I Learned My Lesson For Not Going Into Restricted Areas Please? I'm Extremely Sorry For What I Done. Please! Forgive Me!

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 02:12
Can You Please Unban Me Because I Learned My Lesson For Not Going Into Restricted Areas Please? I'm Extremely Sorry For What I Done. Please! Forgive Me!
We went through this drama enough times that I have little (if any) trust in what you call "I learned my lesson", so no.

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

I Read The Rules In The LinuxWorks Wiki So Can You At Least Please Give Me Another Chance? I'm Sorry! Please! I So Sorry I Won't Go To Restricted Areas And It Won't Happen Again! Please Really Forgive I'm Really Really Really Sorry! 😭

yw05

by yw05 » Post

MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 17:02
I Read The Rules In The LinuxWorks Wiki So Can You At Least Please Give Me Another Chance? I'm Sorry! Please! I So Sorry I Won't Go To Restricted Areas And It Won't Happen Again! Please Really Forgive I'm Really Really Really Sorry! 😭
No, and, considering that you have basically done nothing other than wasting my time and interest on this matter since before the ban, I have extended the ban. Period.

I prefer doing other things in Christmas than dealing with this sort of BS.

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

You Know What yw05?! I'm Sending Red Velvet Cookie From Cookie Run Kingdom To Rip Your Head Off Rapidly With His Crismon Hand For Being Mean, Telling Lies And Giving Me Misfortune And Banning Me Forever For No Reason! And Also I Already Gave You Coal For Christmas!

56independent_actual

💥

yw05

by yw05 » Post

MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 02:12
MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:55
Bad News Guys I Got Banned From Linuxforks Until 2023!
Proof:Screenshot (4891).png
Can Someone Please Go To Linuxforks and tell yw05 to unban me i didn't do anything wrong, but i was innocent! I Was Just Exploring!
MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 17:02
MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 18:06
You Know What yw05?! I'm Sending Red Velvet Cookie From Cookie Run Kingdom To Rip Your Head Off Rapidly With His Crismon Hand For Being Mean, Telling Lies And Giving Me Misfortune And Banning Me Forever For No Reason! And Also I Already Gave You Coal For Christmas!
I love what happens when you put all the quotes together and compare them.
Sun Dec 25, 2022 21:22
This is not German! We do not capitalise Every Word!
German does not capitalize every word either.

In any case, as I have stated above, enough drama is enough.

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

Ywang I'm so pissed off at you now! you better unban me or I'll send a wolf to come and attack you!😡😡😡😡😡😡

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:54, edited 2 times in total.

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

I'm Very Sad That I Got Banned Forever.... 😢
PLEASE UNBAN ME AND STOP BEING EVIL TO ME!!! I AM REALLY SORRY!!!!

W3RQ01
GitHub: W3RQ01
In-game: Dario23 or W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

MineBrother wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 23:04
I'm Very Sad That I Got Banned Forever.... 😢
PLEASE UNBAN ME AND STOP BEING EVIL TO ME!!! I AM REALLY SORRY!!!!
Man, the more you insist, the worse it gets.
Shut up and stay away from this forum for some days, come back in a week saying sorry to everyone for your childish behaviour especially to yw05/ywang, he is not evil, you might see him evil bc you didn't really talk to him.
If you got permabanned there is not really much to do. If you got a tempban then wait without making polemics and when (if) you'll come back do not make talk about this BS again.
OneUnitedPower

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

I knew the word "trap" in trap city is really a trap because it bans someone forever! Finally knew the lesson: do not go to a trap city like trap city

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

wired, trap city is another meaning then limited access or what ever I read at beginning of this ...
* no access is clear, I stay away
* trap city sounds more like an adventure, I may have a problem, but it is not forbidden
when I build traps on my server, they are behind a wall, inside my private area, when only bug diggers might find them and die
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:55, edited 3 times in total.

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

I Swear To God Trap City Banned Me Perminate

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Mon Dec 26, 2022 23:29
"Trap" refers to the player ████, who built the city and put it under embargo, crippling ███ city and turning ██ into █ derilict area full ██ danger (the text before has been remove due to misinformation).
The German translation of this Text got me a bit further, but
as I did it some time : I show the gamer position or found bones with how that areas was secured and not possible to enter without violate like bug dig or cheat ... and post on youtube = gamer is silenced as everyone see it, and others are clear warned also
so make a video of that part which chow clear how this NOT entering city is clear shown or maybe closed with walls, and where banned gamer was found = more than thousand words.

BUT your server, I have not been there (Trap City) = I have no idea how that is locked, your decision ...
but his/her/it response posts ... uhh
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Anyone who wanders into Trap City is told never to come back unless invited, and given plenty of warnings. If you stayed after repeatedly being told to leave, that's on you. However, I still think that Trap City is too easy for noobs to wander into and have this happen. It's like Brightline: You can complain forever that people are dumb and it's their fault for driving into the path of trains, but the solution isn't to make smarter people, it's to make better crossings or grade separation. Wall or ditch around Trap City, anyone?
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:55, edited 3 times in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 02:47
Anyone who wanders into Trap City is told never to come back unless invited, and given plenty of warnings. If you stayed after repeatedly being told to leave, that's on you. However, I still think that Trap City is too easy for noobs to wander into and have this happen. It's like Brightline: You can complain forever that people are dumb and it's their fault for driving into the path of trains, but the solution isn't to make smarter people, it's to make better crossings or grade separation. Wall or ditch around Trap City, anyone?
I have mixed feelings on this actually, and TestBrother's case actually involves a few factors here.

Building a wall around the area is quite unrealistic, honestly, considering the size of TC - and that does not count in the time you need to change the wall if you expand the city; as 56independent pointed out above, teleport pads are a thing, and have been (internally) quite controversially discussed as well.

Something that Och_Noe and trap did do was to add areas with warning names. In fact, when I teleported to TestBrother the first time, one of the areas literally had the name "DO NOT ENTER - RESTRICTED AREA - CONSTRUCTION (Trap City)", and I told him about it and teleported him to Origin (0,0,0).

That said, there is something that was apparently overlooked when it comes to preventing people from entering the area: trains. Specifically, S20 and E4 still run to TC, and it was also where I saw him for the second time at around the same location, although on a train. The justification was relatively simple and understandable;
  • He was on a train (for the record, the train appeared to be in the direction of TC)
  • His destination was to another part of TC that did not have the "DO NOT ENTER" warning
So I told him that the entire city is out of bounds and teleported him to Origin again. After a bit of writing I teleported to him and found him around the spot I teleported him to, which was also (0,0,0).

By the way, as both S20 and E4 end in TC, and there are other routes to other places, so there is little justification for being in TC to be in transit to somewhere else.

Then he was seen on the tracks near the same area again - twice, in less than 2 minutes (I looked up some records) after I teleported him to Origin; the last time, it was only around 1 and a half minute after I teleported him back to Origin.

For the record, the place I saw him was about 3400m away from Origin, which is obviously not reachable by train in such a short time (from my timing, reaching there from the nearest station outside TC took over 3 mintues, or 3:28), and he was not inside a train either, which leads to a further offense of walking on the tracks, which is not allowed except for the operator of the line or service and for moderators, as there is no known way of aesthetically securing tracks that lead to private areas. (By the way, some moderators take the latter very seriously). Needless to say, this is not something normal.
Tue Dec 27, 2022 09:52
Wall or ditch around Trap City, anyone?
Work Smarter, not Harder. You should LinuxFORK the area mod and enable fLaK (or whatever capitalisation the German acronym (maybe it's for "FLICHTERLuftenAchtuKantlol" uses) for users being in an area. And maybe even ban them too!
Joking (or the lack of research) is acceptable until it becomes offending.

The Flugabwehrkanone only affects glider users (and is part of the mod that provides hang gliders), and there would be enough problems arising from adding more areas (remember that commands such as /list_areas are currently O(n^2), and this already prevents moderators from using that command).

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:19
yw05 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 09:55
Building a wall around the area is quite unrealistic
//set mese:mese

Fixed it (/j)!
If that was the only to address:
yw05 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 09:55
[...] that does not count in the time you need to change the wall if you expand the city; [...]
In other words, the admin would then spend time WE-ing constructions site walls instead of working on other things, and that does not take into consideration that this is a survival server.

Also, terrain differences mean that you need to take quite some care to make the wall not look ugly, which would likely involve more work than building the wall manually (with a digtron) in the first place.
one of the areas literally had the name "DO NOT ENTER - RESTRICTED AREA - CONSTRUCTION (Trap City)",
It's not much. It's like a sign saying "KEEP OUT - PROSECUTORS MIGHT BE CAUGHT" outside of a closed shop with doors wide open. Shoplifters will still lift.
I do not recall mentioning this as an effective way of keeping intruders out.

I am not sure what makes you compare TC with "a closed shop with doors wide open", considering that the terrain between TC and Spawn/Origin is mostly mountainous, and there is not much significant settlement nearby when it comes to the scale of walking.
That said, there is something that was apparently overlooked when it comes to preventing people from entering the area: trains.
Simple solution; build a balloon loop in the station before Trap and then send trains down the balloon loop instead. Or just skip all the stations in Trap City. I've done it on my server with significantly less Advtrains knowledge.
It is possible to make the train reverse athe the station before TC, and it is not hard, considering that having trains reverse at termini is quite standard on the server and also part of the interlocking exam.

I do not know much about the network in that area, but my guess is that it is simply overlooked, or the operators there have certain reasons not to shorten the service.
The Flugabwehrkanone only affects glider users (and is part of the mod that provides hang gliders), and there would be enough problems arising from adding more areas
I meant add a flag. Like Flak, but for people. To use an example, no need to add another command (MakeDirectoriesRecursivelyAllTheWayDown vs mkdir) to Linux if you can specify another flag!
This does result in more areas though, such as buildings or stations with private sections (the latter is not particularly uncommon, as I have seen freight sidings in quite a few places near stations.)

MineBrother

by MineBrother » Post

So wait i'm unbanned then because I knew the lesson never go to trap city ever again because it's really a trap city?