[Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

OrbitalDev
GitHub: VelocityDesign
IRC: Velocity
In-game: OrbitalDev

Re: [Server] LinuxForks (Lots of trains)

by OrbitalDev » Post

Hi! How do you register to join the server?

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Oh this lonely old thread. By the way, registration was closed for quite a while. It's again now, come play! You may have heard, we have lots of trains.

Edit: I was misinformed. One salty boi is enough to keep it closed apparently.
Last edited by Blockhead on Sat Jan 01, 2022 01:29, edited 2 times in total.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

sadivanti
In-game: SadiVanti

by sadivanti » Post

Is there a default password on the server cause I cant join by typing in one of my own passwords. It says that I have an "invalid password" before I have even made an account. Someone else got this problem or is it just me?
U-bahn über alles!

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

sadivanti wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 19:05
Is there a default password on the server cause I cant join by typing in one of my own passwords. It says that I have an "invalid password" before I have even made an account. Someone else got this problem or is it just me?
We still need to figure out a solution to some drama earlier this year.

@Blockhead: no, 10 months are not enough to sort out that drama, and I have spent enough time doing various fixups on the wiki and such, including recent ones, and I believe that other moderators do not want to deal with a repetition of the situation in March and April either.
Last edited by yw05 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

sadivanti

by sadivanti » Post

what?
U-bahn über alles!

yw05

by yw05 » Post

There was a series of drama that took place this year (I prefer not disclosing too much information on that topic here). It started from around January and February and continued to around July. In particular, it involved (relatively speaking) large-scale sabotage of the wiki and some events in MT itself, which required moderators to be alert of new players. This was obviously tiring, especially for me, considering that I helped a lot with fixing up the mass rollbacks afterwards.

sadivanti

by sadivanti » Post

Ok
U-bahn über alles!

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:04, edited 2 times in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

56independent_actual wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 15:44
sadivanti wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 19:38
what?
If you need to know what happened, my friend has documented what happened on his server's wiki. The "_actual" part of my username is because of an inside joke with 56i.
Let me write a breakdown as I do not want to drama on the server wiki.
Gabriel found out about a single uranium block inside the trisiston mine. He blamed it on 56independent, producing a piece of evidence that could easily be faked. He got a week ban initially
That was on the server logs.
56i had his week ban extended after “ban evasion”. 56Independent tried telling the mods to stop, but 56independent was met with a wiki ban, forever.
We repeatedly explained how it was not a ban evasion and that the length of the ban was too short in comparison to other cases. The ban on the wiki was issued because you repeatedly found ways to appeal for the ban after we have made our point clear.
He visited LF on an alt account, seeing if he could get a nice look. He did. The alt was banned.
Now that is a documented case of ban evasion.
His monthly ban expired, and he got banned 2 hours later, for joking about unballasted tracks. He was banned for three days.
I forgot the specific details, but I think a player was offended because of her traits (and because of her mental status at the time)
When that ban expired, he politely asked what they were talking about, and he got banned again for “disrespecting suffering people”.
Do your research. (This ban was not particularly justifiable though, in my opinion)
Now he was angry. On a completely different server, he said that he might make a video about how shit LF is. LF found out, and 56independent got the permaban.
Yes, because video recording on the server is not allowed.
56independent couldn't make the video, so he decided to post it to a Pastebin, and put it publicly on discord.

Admittedly, LF was not happy about this. after some players ranted about how 56independent opinions were shit, Gabriel just removed them and any trace of them.

56independent was angry. He suddenly began writing a script.

During his month-long scriptwriting, ywang suddenly came over and became an admin. He then removed every page 56independent made, and every edit that 56independent made, from public eyes.
I did not suddenly become an admin. You sabotaged the wiki by replacing multiple pages with the script you wrote, and this has happened at least twice, as far as I remember. I was given the admin role because we don't want to be associated with you anymore, and also to clean up what you have done.
Now, he was angry. Not only had he lost his existence on LF, but he had been banned from MT discord for complaining.
We can not be responsible for the fact that you got banned on the MT discord.
He pastebinned the script again, but less publicly. Gabriel noticed, and threatened legal action in a desperate attempt to get this annoying fly out of her life.

56independent joined the server with a sockpuppet, and Gabriel removed independia. The deletion is documented here.
The fact that you sabotaged the wiki despite having multiple accounts banned and the action of taking that video by evading your ban is punishable according to the German criminal code.

Also, as in the situation with the wiki, your constant behavior has become a problem for us and we don't want to deal with this anymore.
56independent suffers a frequent mental breakdowns and panic attacks as a result of the mental trauma caused by this. He cannot visit the wiki without feeling anger and panic.
Did anyone point a gun at you and make you visit the wiki, or what?
As of now (2021-06-26), 56i feels he cannot escape the LF drama as they hold something he does not have access to - his wiki contributions and screenshots. 56i is yet to think of a way to get them back. The simple apology did not work, as was evident when he used discord to contact moderators of LF. This is evidence of the mass brainwashing caused by GCPF, which 56i narrowly escaped.
What you have done is not something you can get off of with a "simple apology", and from your attitude in this text (and what happened so far) I would question whether your "simple apology" is even worth the screen space that is taken, especially considering that I was one who did most of the manual cleanup on the wiki after your act of sabotage.

"Mass brainwashing"?

I suppose that, at this point, my ban on you for being ignorant of people who were suffering (mentioned above) was justifiable after all. Do some research on actual mass brainwashing done in authoritarian countries IRL.
once 56i is granted his work, he can leave LF and do what he wishes, unhindered by their sick minds.
You have asked that before, and we have rejected.

Also, let me remind you of what you wrote, and specifically the last paragraph:
2021-12-31-21-47-38.png
2021-12-31-21-47-38.png (48.84 KiB) Viewed 2443 times

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

This ban was not particularly justifiable though, in my opinion
Another sign of the impulse-based moderation. Don't come to this server.
What I wrote later to the same case:
yw05 wrote:
As of now (2021-06-26), 56i feels he cannot escape the LF drama as they hold something he does not have access to - his wiki contributions and screenshots. 56i is yet to think of a way to get them back. The simple apology did not work, as was evident when he used discord to contact moderators of LF. This is evidence of the mass brainwashing caused by GCPF, which 56i narrowly escaped.
What you have done is not something you can get off of with a "simple apology", and from your attitude in this text (and what happened so far) I would question whether your "simple apology" is even worth the screen space that is taken, especially considering that I was one who did most of the manual cleanup on the wiki after your act of sabotage.

"Mass brainwashing"?

I suppose that, at this point, my ban on you for being ignorant of people who were suffering (mentioned above) was justifiable after all. Do some research on actual mass brainwashing done in authoritarian countries IRL.
In addition, please explain how repeated sabotage of the server wiki (among others) is justifiable for that ban I issued.
Yes, because video recording on the server is not allowed.
Doesn't change the fact you had paid for espionage to be done on other servers, This is unethical and a violation of my privacy and right to relax on other servers.
Prove that we had paid for espionage.

Also, it is not special for players to play on multiple servers.
clean up what you have done.
"Clean up". This was censorship.
... the same thing you call housekeeping.
The fact that you sabotaged the wiki despite having multiple accounts banned and the action of taking that video by evading your ban is punishable according to the German criminal code[Citation needed].
"Mass brainwashing"?
You know the slapstick nature of my humour.
I do not accept that as humor.

Edit: do you need citation of what I wrote? §202a StGB and §303a StGB.
Also, let me remind you of what you wrote, and specifically the last paragraph:
As i said, i am not intending to join this server inspired by the [insert third world dictatorship] police force. And this message is on this thread.
And yet you are the one who moved on with the drama.

You also wrote in your script "goodbye. I hope to never have to speak of you again.", yet you were the one who wrote that post I quoted in response to something that was more or less irrelevant to you.

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:06, edited 3 times in total.

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

yw05

by yw05 » Post

Fri Dec 31, 2021 23:04
Prove that we had paid for espionage.

Also, it is not special for players to play on multiple servers.
You didn't. You know the quality of teenage humour.
Why do I need to prove something you mentioned?

You brought it up, you bring the proof. I am not spending my time proving something you brought up.

I know teenage humor, but I accept it only to a limited extent.
Let's leave this in 2021. In UTC, we merely have an hour of discussion before we part. Let's reserve 2022 for Advtrains disccusion in further correspondences between us.
... I hope so, but we also need to make sure things do not turn into a mess at the upcoming conference.

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:07, edited 2 times in total.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

Fri Dec 31, 2021 23:04
It's just that teenagers struggle with impulse control.
Don't blame your personal struggles on your age. Everyone lives through puberty, but few people, even teenagers, manage to mess up so bad they create pretty much permanent bad blood between themselves and the owner of some kind of venue (online OR real-world). That's how you should think about game servers: You are metaphorically in someone else's club, on their dancefloor, in their house, whatever. Patrons who the club owner doesn't like get thrown out by the bouncers, and you don't have to look far to find video footage of patrons insisting they be let back into clubs. Doesn't matter, the owners don't want them in, and trying to get past the bouncers is only getting you hurt.

I wish you all the best in improving your impulse control and that you can grieve and move past your attachment to your old creations. I'm a pragmatist on the matter of playing on servers, whereas you seem an idealist: I hope you have learned an important lesson about how tenuous online servers are and how the only way to guarantee continued access to something that is online, is to keep a copy offline. Playing on someone else's server means they have the control, no matter your ideals about 'rights' to a copy of something.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

starstar
GitHub: arihant2math
In-game: ashstar

by starstar » Post

So ... I gather that its still not possible to join this server (I have tried on multiple occasion but get the "invalid password" error). Sad that one person is able to screw everyone who wants to join the server.

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Froggo8311
GitHub: Froggo8311
In-game: Froggo

by Froggo8311 » Post

Sun Apr 10, 2022 18:08
Hello. I have been struggling with scythes on my server. What is the repo for your farming mod and config? I tried using the wiki, but it is only for people who are logged in. And i don't want my IP address being tied to me on your wiki again.
uhh... i think we are using farming redo, but i could be wrong. maybe check https://git.bananach.space for it

(also, just by visiting any website, that website has your ip address immediately)
Sun Apr 10, 2022 18:08
I think that your "privacy" is going to far. Blocking the non-main wiki pages, even those of use to those outside the server (such as Blocks and Mods) is a foolish move. It's effectively censorship. You hide your culture from those outside and do not allow guests to give a detailed judgment of your server.
This might be enabled in order to protect user pages from non-players, perhaps this will be opened up.

EDIT:
We are using Farming Undo. You can download our mods here.
They/She 🏳‍⚧ | Codeberg | GitHub | Soundcloud

56independent_actual

💥
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Sun Jan 15, 2023 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Froggo8311
GitHub: Froggo8311
In-game: Froggo

by Froggo8311 » Post

Sun Apr 10, 2022 21:27
(also, just by visiting any website, that website has your ip address immediately)
It is not tied to me through identifiable means, like usernames are
Fair enough.
This might be enabled in order to protect user pages from non-players, perhaps this will be opened up.
Makes some sense. Why not just use regex to match the "user:.*" named pages and block them? I dearly hope it is opened up. It is harmful to all. It goes against the principles of the free software movement; that code (including wiki markup)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You'd have to wait for a moderator's response on that one.
EDIT:
We are using Farming Undo
Thanks. What is your source? The wiki or direct contact with the oligarchs? Or servers.minetest.net (only now do i realise that exists)?
Although I do have contact with the moderators and admins, I found such information on the wiki's Blocks and Mods page.
They/She 🏳‍⚧ | Codeberg | GitHub | Soundcloud

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

The canonical farming undo is on Felfa's GitLab, to save you downloading the entire mod archive (if you haven't already). If you're ever wondering what version of a mod we have, the mod is probably inside my forks modpack, but I provide no guarantee of 100% to-dateness there.

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

The wiki was closed down to non-players due to a doxxing incident, where someone sent vague threats to someone on my server. As much as I want to keep the stuff open, the amount of such incidents is forcing me to keep the entire server ecosystem as closed as possible as my players' safety comes first before the interests of some random people on the internet.