[Server] dcbl

jas

GitHub: jastevenson303
IRC: jas_
In-game: jas

[Server] dcbl

by jas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 18:32

Testing & development server for dcbl sub-game. Announced and open, this server requires a compatible client, as the server runs minetestserver 0.5.0-dev. Once connected, you may build in and claim any unprotected area.

For a very short while, older clients were still able to connect and there are a lot of areas protected that probably shouldn't be, particularly since none of those players are reconnecting with newer clients. Protector recipe was changed from gold to mese. An old area may be cleared of its protection if necessary. Note the protector tool was made restricted for admin use.

There is at least one jump track. It requires sprinting with the fast, or `Use' key, and sneak-jumping at the edges of nodes to connect and pull up. In fact, sneak-jumping is only enabled while sprinting, and you can only sprint when you're not hungry -- and the hungrier you are, the less you can sprint.

+ minetest.conf
+ mods

Address: dcbl.duckdns.org
Version: 0.5.0-dev

Attachments
SERVER.png
(499.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SERVER.png
(164.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jas on Mon Sep 11, 2017 04:08, edited 11 times in total.

Andrey01

GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Server] dcbl

by Andrey01 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 19:13

What does "dcbl" mean?
I like and i am learning to build nice and great houses, palaces, infrastructures and etc... in Minetest!
My Mods:
Unfinished:Medicine,Cube Nodes.

Old:Sweet Machine,Drink Machine

My Favourite Servers:
just test, Switchboard PvP made by yngwie123, VanessaE`s creative-building server, Parkour Owned by LoweGaming, Fractal Island and some other servers!

jas

by jas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 00:29

It's based off of "dcb" which meant "Doors, Chests & Bones". The "L" doesn't mean anything, but it sounds like decibel. I might change the name of the server, though.

jas

by jas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 15:38

Updated the posts to include a video section. Sneak jumping while sprinting turns sneak_glitch on, and new_move off.

jas

by jas » Fri Aug 04, 2017 01:25

Remote media was enabled, so joining the server should be faster now. It's on the public server list, but still considered unstable. The new address is dcbl.duckdns.org.

The main island where you spawn is protected using areas, but beyond this you'll need to use protector blocks. I'm thinking about adding a privilege specifically for self protection, but not sure how that should be used, if at all. Self protection is currently off.

I set up a few warp spots, and sprinting on a full stomach gets you around pretty quick. Next I'll make the old teleporters using another colored warp stone -- right now there's amethyst and mese, but not really a way to get/make them. I'll have to import caverealms nodes, and figure out how subterrane can work.
+ Spoiler

edit:
And so it begins!
Attachments
screenshot_20170809_165646.png
(383.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20170803_212303.png
(364.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39

Just an update since I haven't updated the OP. I fixed up armor, and removed a bunch. The statbar is now based on armor wear. Steel is level 1, and bronze is level 3, and you can enchant them. I still haven't found tin for brass, though, but I haven't mined much to look either. You can repair the armor with a hammer on the workbench.

There's a /gender command for the classic male/female skin (no items for these), but it doesn't quite interface with the dresser correctly yet. There are more skins, and I sell some in a shop, but there's no other way to get them than a /give. There's a /channel command for chat channels, which I'll integrate with walkie/intercomm. I tried it with central_message, but for now I'll just let it be integrated into the top-left chat.

Turned zombies back on. Shops can sell more than one item. Multicolored backpacks. Fixed up item_drop. You get all seeds and even coins from different dirt types. Removed areas mod, removed protected doors/chests. Added cozy. This is a development server, and there may be compatibility bugs in addition to regular bugs.

jas

by jas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 06:25

https://youtu.be/x0Fu4LpMv5w

HeroOfTheWinds merged two PRs the other day, and I _just_ noticed FaceDeer made a caverealms fork. Very happy to have caverealms mod on mgv7.

jas

by jas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 16:37

Just a quick update to mention that new players now spawn with an emerald warpstone. If a player is punched while holding this, the damage is deflected onto the puncher. Though, I am considering making it a tool, with wear, such that it will eventually break after so many deflections.

Here's a recent fifteen minute video of gameplay on the server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31x7YNAUpVI

Attachments
screenshot_20170823_113441.png
(973.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Andrey01

GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 19:03

But why did nicknames change their shape? Here should be standard one.
I like and i am learning to build nice and great houses, palaces, infrastructures and etc... in Minetest!
My Mods:
Unfinished:Medicine,Cube Nodes.

Old:Sweet Machine,Drink Machine

My Favourite Servers:
just test, Switchboard PvP made by yngwie123, VanessaE`s creative-building server, Parkour Owned by LoweGaming, Fractal Island and some other servers!

jas

by jas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 19:12

Nicknames didn't change their shape, Andrey01, as far as I know. Do you mean the font in the picture? Because I use a custom one.

jas

by jas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 15:07

Well, it appears I've finally made personal warpstones. They need balancing though, I think, because I guess they can store unlimited warp points for anyone. (The emerald warpstone needs balancing, too.)

Here's a video showing how it works. I wonder if there's any bugs. ;^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEHIDuF ... D4&index=1

Big thanks to sofar for warps mod.

Return to Servers