MM-Survival [Server]

ThomasMonroe
GitHub: ThomasMonroe314
IRC: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared
In-game: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared

MM-Survival [Server]

by ThomasMonroe » Post

MM-Survival has gone through another change, this time it was a total map reset, we have restarted from scratch.

Server Owners: Natechip, ThomasMonroe, Apaitijo, longerstaff13.

Description:

MM-Survival is a server dedicated to being a family friendly and fun to play on survival server, we have plenty of regular players who love to help each other, so getting stated is not a problem. PvP is enabled upon mutual consent, however you cant kill in Spawn. The goal is to get rich and to build awesome stuff. There are plenty of very helpful staff as well, just ask for help if you need it.

Rules:
  • No Swearing at all
  • Please respect the staff
  • No Griefing Whatsoever
  • No Accepting lonsdaleite or edoylerite from staff at all
  • No asking for privileges, that is punishable by jail
  • Players become staff based on their character and skill with building, not through their begging
The Castle behind Spawn is my project.

Screenshots are posted in this thread as well.

Please put any comments or questions about the server below, thank you.

There are three mods that are built by me and my brother that are implemented on MM-Survival: SIA(Server Intelligence Agency)(Caleb's), Exoticores(mostly mine), and Mese_Armor. you can find links if you search my username in Git-hub.
Attachments
Newer pic
Newer pic
screenshot_20170914_095444.png (307.92 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
Last edited by ThomasMonroe on Thu Sep 14, 2017 15:30, edited 10 times in total.
I don't make messes, I just, er...disturb the local entropy!

Kibbie
IRC: Kibbie
In-game: Kibbie IOKA

Re: MM-Survival [Server]

by Kibbie » Post

Hey ThomasMonroe! I'm happy to see this server topic, I have visited/played on your server and I enjoy it. I'm sorry to hear you guys had some issues, but I look forward to playing and seeing what you guys have been up to! :)

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Thanks Kibbie hope you enjoy the server further.

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Quick Update: if any server owners wonder why dead_pool or CYBERJAM, or DeadlyDodo are causeing havoc, please contact me, they were banned from MMS recently

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Shiny and New!! How exciting!
May your gray hairs be few and far between. :P

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

well, being my age, I dont have to worry much about that(yet).... now my dad on the other hand....
oh and on the other side of the picture is a whole lot more XD

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Quick Update: a modified pies mod has been added to MMS

Qbiq
In-game: Qbiq

by Qbiq » Post

@ThomasMonroe

I'm assuming this is a better place than IRC to post balancing and fix suggestions, mod request, report non-urgent issues, etc. This will be very random, sorry. Just giving thoughts as they come.

Client-Side Mods
Someone from the server staff should checkout the CSM's and put a list here of what is and is not allowed. I do know that "who plus" (and I'm assuming "who" by extension) are not allowed. Within 5 minutes I had drawn the attention of Natechip.

I have run: csm_mod, chatbell, chatlog, distance, and calculator. I was cleared to use those, however, I have disabled them because as of recently csm_mod, chatbell, and/or chatlog have caused an issue where it automatically clears game chat every 2-5 seconds.

Fixes
I think it would be good to remove the sound from the drawers mod, as it is heard from far too great a distance. I have to go over the market list again because of technical issues (xorg crash and some apps crashed before that).

Edit hoppers to move from one hopper to the next when on horizontal plane (i.e. sideways), add the ability for mods which access chest to be able to also access locked and protected chest.

Mod Suggestions / Request
new Factory -- mainly for conveyors and the vacuum. Staff may want to remove the auto-crafter, I have not issues though it will flood the market. It will lead to more build time and less grind time as well though. Conveyors will allow for item elevators.

Invisible -- able to hide name tags when sneaking. It is hard to see things sometimes because names cover things. Maybe even a command to show/hide or a mod to cause fading based on distance. The latter I suppose, if I cannot find via search, I may post under mod ideas.

Privilege Areas -- could be useful for mini-game areas.

Display Modpack -- could be very useful for rules without having to have loads of signs, which often need to be hit to refresh the display of text.

Help -- I briefly looked over this one, but considering some of the questions asked it may be worth looking into.

Carpets -- requested by anther player.

Stained Glass and One-Way Windows -- just some extra glass.

Character Creator -- possible replacement for the skin mod causing crashes.

Private Messages with @ -- because it's faster than /msg and less likely to type it wrong.

Emeralds -- Umm.. because Emerald. :-p

3D Visible Wielded Items -- to show what players are holding.

Vote Block -- to vote on possible mods to be added. Read thread as rubenwardy posted a comment about it. Just a thought.

Rules
Remove ambiguity and overly excessive wiggle room; too much is left to discretion (which may be very bias) . If role-play is discourage, include it in the rules. While I don't engage in RP, I've seem many come down on others. I have myself informed people they should not engage in RP else they may be addressed by someone. If staff are unaware of my concerns with the rules, a quick review of the log and of the rules currently in place will make it clear. If contacted directly, I will reply in detail.

This Thread
All rules should be added, after a good revision (see Rules/i] above), to the main post. The post should also include a full list of enabled mods and if those mods have been modified (simply denoting with an asterisk is good enough, details not needed). It may also be useful to add the list of moderators and helpers; this may also be bad as it could lead to targeting rather than players asking the community for help as well.

Conclusion
Thank you for your time and any considerations. I do recommend this server and think it is a great place to get started with the game, especially if a player is unfamiliar with the game. MM-Survival does offer very low latency (lag) and is stable most of the time.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote: No Accepting lonsdaleite or edoylerite from staff at all
I'm puzzled about this rule. My knowledge of English is insufficient to decipher it. Can you help me and decode it for me?
A list of my mods can be found here.

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Sokomine wrote:
ThomasMonroe wrote: No Accepting lonsdaleite or edoylerite from staff at all
I'm puzzled about this rule. My knowledge of English is insufficient to decipher it. Can you help me and decode it for me?
if staff tries to give you lonsdaleite or edoylerite, do not take it

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Qbiq wrote:@ThomasMonroe

I'm assuming this is a better place than IRC to post balancing and fix suggestions, mod request, report non-urgent issues, etc. This will be very random, sorry. Just giving thoughts as they come.
Spoiler
Client-Side Mods
Someone from the server staff should checkout the CSM's and put a list here of what is and is not allowed. I do know that "who plus" (and I'm assuming "who" by extension) are not allowed. Within 5 minutes I had drawn the attention of Natechip.

I have run: csm_mod, chatbell, chatlog, distance, and calculator. I was cleared to use those, however, I have disabled them because as of recently csm_mod, chatbell, and/or chatlog have caused an issue where it automatically clears game chat every 2-5 seconds.

Fixes
I think it would be good to remove the sound from the drawers mod, as it is heard from far too great a distance. I have to go over the market list again because of technical issues (xorg crash and some apps crashed before that).

Edit hoppers to move from one hopper to the next when on horizontal plane (i.e. sideways), add the ability for mods which access chest to be able to also access locked and protected chest.

Mod Suggestions / Request
new Factory -- mainly for conveyors and the vacuum. Staff may want to remove the auto-crafter, I have not issues though it will flood the market. It will lead to more build time and less grind time as well though. Conveyors will allow for item elevators.

Invisible -- able to hide name tags when sneaking. It is hard to see things sometimes because names cover things. Maybe even a command to show/hide or a mod to cause fading based on distance. The latter I suppose, if I cannot find via search, I may post under mod ideas.

Privilege Areas -- could be useful for mini-game areas.

Display Modpack -- could be very useful for rules without having to have loads of signs, which often need to be hit to refresh the display of text.

Help -- I briefly looked over this one, but considering some of the questions asked it may be worth looking into.

Carpets -- requested by anther player.

Stained Glass and One-Way Windows -- just some extra glass.

Character Creator -- possible replacement for the skin mod causing crashes.

Private Messages with @ -- because it's faster than /msg and less likely to type it wrong.

Emeralds -- Umm.. because Emerald. :-p

3D Visible Wielded Items -- to show what players are holding.

Vote Block -- to vote on possible mods to be added. Read thread as rubenwardy posted a comment about it. Just a thought.

Rules
Remove ambiguity and overly excessive wiggle room; too much is left to discretion (which may be very bias) . If role-play is discourage, include it in the rules. While I don't engage in RP, I've seem many come down on others. I have myself informed people they should not engage in RP else they may be addressed by someone. If staff are unaware of my concerns with the rules, a quick review of the log and of the rules currently in place will make it clear. If contacted directly, I will reply in detail.

This Thread
All rules should be added, after a good revision (see Rules/i] above), to the main post. The post should also include a full list of enabled mods and if those mods have been modified (simply denoting with an asterisk is good enough, details not needed). It may also be useful to add the list of moderators and helpers; this may also be bad as it could lead to targeting rather than players asking the community for help as well.

Conclusion
Thank you for your time and any considerations. I do recommend this server and think it is a great place to get started with the game, especially if a player is unfamiliar with the game. MM-Survival does offer very low latency (lag) and is stable most of the time.

Client Side mods

first off, using the CSM who plus is okay, the kick and ban buttons dont work unless you have those privs.

Fixes
the sound of drawers i am not worried about.

as for the hoppers, i don't know if that is possible, you would have to talk to CalebDavis.

Mod Suggestions

new Factory: i have no problem with that, was thinking about adding it before you mentioned it.

invisible: looks okay if we can find it

Privilege areas: awesome idea. will come in handy

Display Modpack: might be worth looking into.

Help: maybe

Carpets: most likely.

Stained-Glass and One-way windows: most likely.

Character Creator: probably because of the skins crashes.

Emeralds: definitely.

3D visible Wielded items: most likely.

Vote Block: not too sure, the reason being the owners need to guide the server, not the people, however if alot of people are talking about a mod, then we would give it a look over .

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

I would join but I'm busy helping with ManElevation world,is there still places available by the spawn in this server
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

plenty of space angelo1123

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

On my way! To claim some land for later

pranav
In-game: Dev0r

by pranav » Post

Can u please tell me why can't I see mm survival in my server list???

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

pranav wrote:Can u please tell me why can't I see mm survival in my server list???
Probably because it is disconnected now? Try to connect later.

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

ok so sc3k(the host) is changing computers, so MM-Survival is down until he gets that computer up and running.

pranav

by pranav » Post

Sir I'm still trying bt no sign of ur server in my server list

pranav

by pranav » Post

pls help!! still cant connect to ur server

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

pranav wrote:pls help!! still cant connect to ur server
I believe it's down.
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

no its not down we are just having problems with the transition.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Hi Thomas! Have PB&J Pups been added to the server?
What is SCP-055?

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:no its not down we are just having problems with the transition.
Yeah...so it's down for now ;) XD
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

ThomasMonroe

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Its back up!

angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:Its back up!
Great !